test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Feature Enabled for Gold Members! (Out-of-Game Chat via XMPP)

Comments

• hockeypunk20hockeypunk20 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks Brandon!

I'm still having problems logging in with a lifetime subscription via Trillian. My user name is an e-mail address (although the site shows my @name only when I am logged in, which is kind of strange, why can't that be my user name?)

Anyway, needless to say... I have posted a request to Trillian to support logins using either e-mail address or else the \40 workaround for the @ sign.

Here is the link if anyone else wishes to post feedback or details / suggestions to Trillian about this. Trillian runs on iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, etc. so I would imagine this would be nice for many people if they fixed it to work with Cryptic/PWE game accounts, as it would impact thousands of users potentially.
  • prynnceprynnce Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi Captains,

If your Account Name is an email address, substitute the "@ for a \40" (e.g. name\40name.com)

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon PLEASE look at the other threads with the SUPPORT WEBSITE issue of redirecting too many times. I have tried this with 3 different browsers. Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer and on a OS X and Windows computer, both with cleared cookies and caches. And please update us on the fact that the issue is being worked on.!!!!! We can not access our support tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even the ticket I sent in abou the issue I cannot access it.
    edited August 2013
    Thanks Brandon!

I'm still having problems logging in with a lifetime subscription via Trillian. My user name is an e-mail address (although the site shows my @name only when I am logged in, which is kind of strange, why can't that be my user name?)

Anyway, needless to say... I have posted a request to Trillian to support logins using either e-mail address or else the \40 workaround for the @ sign.

Here is the link if anyone else wishes to post feedback or details / suggestions to Trillian about this. Trillian runs on iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, etc. so I would imagine this would be nice for many people if they fixed it to work with Cryptic/PWE game accounts, as it would impact thousands of users potentially.

When are the holodeck guild channels going to start working again?
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    prynnce wrote: »
    When are the holodeck guild channels going to start working again?

They work, but a few weeks ago there was some changes made so you might need to change your settings. If there is a space in your fleet's name, it used to have a + in there. Now you need to have a \20 in there.
    edited August 2013
    dabelgrave wrote: »
    They work, but a few weeks ago there was some changes made so you might need to change your settings. If there is a space in your fleet's name, it used to have a + in there. Now you need to have a \20 in there.

Do you have a link to that post about the changes?
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    prynnce wrote: »
    Do you have a link to that post about the changes?
    No, it was never announced. I figured it out after learning a fleet mate managed to get Fleet chat while mine was still broken.

For my fleet it used to be: holodeck!the+phoenix+division. Now it's: holodeck!the\20phoenix\20division.
    edited August 2013
    I wonder if we can get this turned on for neverwinter players.........I am able to access the in game chat on neverwinter..... but you cant be free to play to use this. so if they could make it available for neverwinter players somehow!!
  • starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How do I connect to chat rooms with the "/" character in their name?

EDIT: Figured it out. It's \2F.
  • emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    err is this down now after the patch for some reason?
  • shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    err is this down now after the patch for some reason?

seems so, "Remote Connection Failed" is what im getting
    ogew7.jpg
  • emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    shailat wrote: »

Found my answer in the dev tracker

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=891411
  • shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    shailat wrote: »

ok, now it connected, but it seems the chat ingame is down, as local isnt working, zone isnt working, channels arent working ingame
    ogew7.jpg
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, I know of the following ways to connect to XMPP chat and get access to all of its features:

PC: Pidgin, Trillian
    Android: One program that I can't think the name of off the top of my head
    iOS: Nothing

Anyone found an iOS program out there? I'd love to connect to XMPP chat via my iPad at work.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cptshephardcptshephard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    So, I know of the following ways to connect to XMPP chat and get access to all of its features:

PC: Pidgin, Trillian
    Android: One program that I can't think the name of off the top of my head
    iOS: Nothing

Anyone found an iOS program out there? I'd love to connect to XMPP chat via my iPad at work.

Talkonaut works for iOS, but adding chat channels doesn't feel very intuitive.

Actually I should say adding chat channels is a pain in the butt.
  • starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It seems something broke today. A friend and I keep getting SSL Handshake Failed and can't sign in remotely.
  • stostargatewarsstostargatewars Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It seems something broke today. A friend and I keep getting SSL Handshake Failed and can't sign in remotely.

This has been happening since at 9am GMT/ 1am PDT.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Started about 11PM PST last night, atleast its not just me.
  • dauntlessf05dauntlessf05 Member Posts: 268 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    Same here, having exact same issue..

this will make for a boring day at work :(

Edit:

Found the possible reason for this

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=985731
    Check out my STO Cinematic Videos: ZEFilms Youtube Channel
    Follow me on Twitter: @ZEFilms_STO
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same here, having exact same issue..

this will make for a boring day at work :(

Apparently the SSL certificate they use for XMPP has expired :rolleyes:
    server_hamster6.png
  • dauntlessf05dauntlessf05 Member Posts: 268 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    Apparently the SSL certificate they use for XMPP has expired :rolleyes:

Lol I found that thread a minute after you posted.

*shakes fist in the air* re-new iiiitttt
    Check out my STO Cinematic Videos: ZEFilms Youtube Channel
    Follow me on Twitter: @ZEFilms_STO
  • metronomiconmetronomicon Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not to burst your bubbles but an expired certificate beside a warn... doesn't do anything... the problem was a bit more complex than this out of probability... :)
    Admiral C.T. Jeunan
    Foundry Missions:
    - Things to do...
    - Temporal Backdrafts
  • thisisthedoctorthisisthedoctor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Pidgin 2.10.8 does not work with out of game chat via XMMP.

This has been reported to the Pidgin team.

Some XMMP changes that are new in Pidgin 2.10.8 are:

Prevent spoofing of iq replies by verifying that the 'from' address matches the 'to' address of the iq request. (Discovered by Fabian Yamaguchi and Christian Wressnegger of the University of Goettingen, fixed by Thijs Alkemade) (CVE-2013-6483)
    Fix crash on some systems when receiving fake delay timestamps with extreme values. (Discovered by Jaime Breva Ribes) (CVE-2013-6477)
    edited January 2014
    The Pidgin team asked that Cryptic be made aware of some things pertaining to the XMMP server, please see this comment from the Pidgin team as well as this one.

It seems the Cryptic XMMP server is not in full compliance presently and needs to be adjusted to come into compliance (thus resolving the problem).

The full ticket open with the Pidgin team is here - please note, the Cryptic-related stuff is a bit further down on it (beneath the iChat / Facebook stuff).
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    snip
    snip

I've passed this along :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    didn't know it still existed
    edited January 2014
    Many thanks, Brandon! Much appreciated.
    edited February 2014
    UPDATE: Pidgin 2.10.9 has been released and has implemented a workaround, so it once again works with the Cryptic / PWE XMMP out-of-game chat system. Changelog

Hopefully Cryptic also fixed or will fix whatever was not in compliance on their XMMP server to avoid any future issues.
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I usually don't reply to old posts, but as this is stickied I assume that the no-necromancy rule does not apply...

I recently went lifetime and was interested in this feature. After some minor difficulties I was able to connect with Pidgin on my PC, but neither of the Android clients I tried would connect.

Anybody out there know of an Android client that works currently? Both the ones I tried were mentioned in the thread earlier as working but then as we near the end of the thread I see many people with newer problems. Just curious if anybody could recommend a client that is known to currently work, as to make my trouble shooting go a bit easier.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • methos5kmethos5k Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think that's the name (in the title) of the one I've used. I don't use it often, but it's on my phone. Not long ago, i connected with it, briefly.
    I didn't read earlier posts to try to guess which ones you tried, sorry.. hope that helps, though.
This discussion has been closed.