test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to Get Help w/ Technical Issues

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The 'space mode' is just a sea of blue. The ship hangs there. I can rotate it, zoom in, but there is nothing around.

Any ideas? I'm nearly out of options. Really don't want to delete the game and move on, but...

Your help is really appreciated.

Screen grab:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h69/johnnyheck/stsb.jpg
    edited March 2012
    How about some help for the folks that keep getting the decompression errors. Last response from anyone with STO or PWE was in January yet the problems still persist.
    edited April 2012
    i have a problem....i cant download the client....i downloaded it once and it didnt install....please help me!:(:(:(
    edited April 2012
    grooder wrote:
    How about some help for the folks that keep getting the decompression errors. Last response from anyone with STO or PWE was in January yet the problems still persist.
    idk wtf that is so i cant help mate....as much as i want to i cant
  • neil62neil62 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hi the problem I have is the whole game has gone to the left of my screen there is only about an inch or so visible I have tried to reinstall game but its just the same I can't drag it back help would great
    thanks
  • varrashockvarrashock Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hello,
    I've been trying to sign into my account, but every time I try, a box comes up saying "Version Mismatch", then takes me back to the login page.
    does anyone know what problem this is?
    If it is something that I have to do on my side, or if it's just something wrong with the game?
    If I could get a feedback on this, would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you
  • nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wonder how long PWE suppport takes.... :(

STO now crashes / freezes / blackscreens every few min...so S6 came out and now I won't be able to play...let alone be with my fleet... :(
  • assault6assault6 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hello
    i cannot start sto

i get this error message
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) while creating a texture
  • adjournonadjournon Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just linked my Accounts and now it no longer lets me log in using my Cryptic Account. I want to change the name of my Perfect World Account because it is ****ing Stupid but for some reason I cannot even issue a support ticket now in Perfect World and I can no longer log into Cryptic at all to try through there. It was just a ****ing mission and a half to get onto the forums, what the hell? HELP!

STO Forum member since 2008, player since 2012 - funny story that
  • nolensrb87nolensrb87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just bought a new star trek online and during installation the installation stops halfway
  • kalsithrakalsithra Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hello.

First, this forum tells me I last visited it in 1969. The Internet as we know it today in not that old. Second, why am I not allowed to open a new thread in this forum? At least half a year has passed since I created this account.

And now, the problem that just made me uninstall STO after I just installed it. A problem that I had since I first played it, during the beta. The game will not run in fullscreen mode. Actually it runs, but it sends my display in "Input out of range" mode. I know how to fix this, edit Gameprefs.Pref. Where, by the way, I see you are using a non standard display resolution, 1264x964px. Why? My display has a native resolution of 1280x1024, btw.

But, I shouldn't need to do that.

In windowed mode I go to video options and I can not change the screen resolution if display mode is windowed or windowed maximised. If I select fullscreen, it doesn't wait for me to push "OK" or "Apply" so it just messes up with my display again. Alt+tab or Ctrl+Alt+Del may function but my monitor is still black so I can only guess what's happening (I haven't yet familiarized myself with Win7; the problem was also present on WinXP), so my only real option is a hard reboot.

So many patches and content add-ons and this is still not fixed...
  • stupiduglystupidugly Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    Hi. I'm returning to the Star Trek Online game after many months of having not played it. Now for some reason the sound doesnt work. Ive tried rebooting the game a few times and ive tried changing the settings to default but nothings fixed it.

Can you please help? I do not want to play this game without sound.
    All other sound works just fine. Im running the game through Steam and i can hear it take a screenshot. I can also hear music from a website im playing with the game booted up.
    The sound in the game is enabled but is not working.

I cant even put in a freakin support ticket because it wont allow me to select a "product."
  • hesserushesserus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I do not know what to write, tell me it would be possible for a normal game of Russian players, or not? Specifically interested in the question of the absence of the wrong region. translated by google translate
  • jenamarisjenamaris Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My computer is telling me that the game requires a 4.1 system rating, and recommends a 5.6. Is there any way you can set the graphics to low or make the speed slow down so it is possible to play the game on a computer that is not that good?
    My laptop is quite old and has a system rating of 3.5 . I am able to open the game and create a character etc, but when I attempt to play with that character, it shows me the screen, shows that it is loading, but it always gets to a certain point and then just stops loading. Nothing I have tried has allowed it to load past this point.
    Is there no way I will be able to play STO, short of getting a new computer?

My operating system's subscores are 4.8 for calculations per second, 4.5 for memory operations per second, 3.5 for graphics, 3.5 for gaming graphics, and a 4.9 for primary hard disk. So, most of my operating systems are good enough, but not the graphics... will I just be able to set the graphics to a lower quality somehow?
  • bluejacketbluejacket Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Since Sunday when I try to log in the game has been patching an huge amount of data. between 2 to 3gigs worth. I have a broadband connection and it is crashing at the point that my game would normally be patched. Is there a way to bypass this long download. I could play the game just fine on Saturday before all of this mess started. Please help.
  • alebbubbaalebbubba Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yo i downloaded the game and the **** dont work its showing in the procesis but the sit dont work some one should fix the buggs befor sending it out to be played ****in bull ****:mad:
  • johnshepard2johnshepard2 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My apoligies if this is the wrong thread to ask but my game has been continuesly crashing shorlty after I reach the Cryptic loading screen. Ive tried restarting my computer, Reinstalling the game, and loading the game without any other programs running all to no success. If anyone knows why this is happening I would appreciate the assistance.
  • ajniemandajniemand Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not many people actually reply to these problems, is seems. And they ARE ALL VALID problems that should have been addressed the first few months the game was shipped,dangit!

On to my issue. Why don't you allow Steam to install the latest version on the get go??? ITS A FREAKING WASTE OF TIIIIME!!!!!!!!!!! To go into the launcher and basically RE-INSTALL the WHOLE game again with the "UPDATES".

Sorry for my bad language, but this is a PRICK move. GET IT DONE!!!!!!!
  • patm27patm27 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Steam update a few days ago now it errors trying to go onlin i go to were to u have to re download the 8 gig ptaches but it errors after its done, i'm really getting upset over this:mad:
  • nevets1234nevets1234 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi I was wondering if someone could help i cant create my own topic so I had to reply to one to get help, Ive been playing for the past week, username and password have stayed the same but today I accidentally typed the wrong password, then I corrected my self. But then i typed in the right password and it says "invalid username or password" so i reset my password via email changed it typed the new password in and it says the same thing, I've restarted it and steam many times with no prevail. Anyone have any ideas?
  • darktanner47darktanner47 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    HI, i would like to change my e-mail because i cant acess to the old one , but when i try it say to connect on my old e-mail to activate it..

How can i change it ?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    HI, i would like to change my e-mail because i cant acess to the old one , but when i try it say to connect on my old e-mail to activate it..

How can i change it ?

You'll have to send in a support ticket explaining your issue. If you can't access the support ticket system for some reason, you can email support directly here.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • richpartistrichpartist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    New member and all I get when starting with the TRAITS screen is NULL MESSAGE and it won't go on to the next screen.I'm using windows 8 64 bit.HELP!!

Richard
  • hightower25hightower25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Fill out a ticket and tell them so they can switch it from there end. I guess they like to make things as complicated as they can. Since the only way to change your email is password protected anyway. They should get back to you in mmmmm about 4 days and then they'll drag it on for another day or two with mindlesss back and forth messages
  • kartimozkartimoz Member Posts: 57
    edited February 2013

How can i change it ?

...same issue here ...no response by the "support" since 16 days... I am not impressed
  • realz3r1realz3r1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    my ticket number is :18903542.. i tried everithing, but nothing, again same error, it crashes when i press engage and on when cryptic loading logo ephares.. my os is win 7 sp1.. drivers are up to date... i'm not using teamviewer, launcher works fine, tried on compatibility mode on xp sp2 and xp sp3 but again saim crashes on loading screen.. allready used run as administrator, deleted antivirus, restarted computer, but the error comes allways at the same moment :S i don't know what to do, pelease help me someone i want to play this game redownloaded, reinstalled but error again on launching game :S cryptic crash error :S
  • daggerx3daggerx3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi, I need some help. I went in to post today for the first time, and when I did.. it comes up with the following message.

At this time, you may only post replies to threads that have already been created. After a certain amount of time has passed since your registration date, you will be able to create new threads in forums that allow it.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Community Team

Please fix this so that I may post freely, thank you much.
  • captaineo3captaineo3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I apologize in advance if this has already been stated/remidied in this thread as I haven't looked fully through it.

I dled the game a few days ago and have not as of yet been able to launch the game and play it. I get as far as the Cryptic loading screen and kicks me off saying that there's a fatal error. Originally it was reading about a decompressing error. But I found a "fix" for it on here.

I tried that, and now when I try to log in and launch again I get as far as the load screen and I receive an error about the animation library and how verifying the files in the launcher will help.

The thing is, that I've been setting the options to force verify and I've still been getting this error.

Is there anyway to get past this? Anyone that can help?

Again I apologize and thank you in advance for the time.
  • panthro2panthro2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes I'm also having trouble getting into the game for the Past 3 days. Done everything used the Manual Patcher which took 2 days and still no luck.
  • afranius74afranius74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    panthro2 wrote: »
    Yes I'm also having trouble getting into the game for the Past 3 days. Done everything used the Manual Patcher which took 2 days and still no luck.

Same here for the last several days, i have not been able to get past the first lcars screen. Loader keeps crashing!

ticket after ticket still no response.

Windows 7