Options

These are the STO Forums

12346»

Comments

• Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    paxottoman wrote: »
    Mmmhmm. We're like Tomolak and Picard! Always interesting ;)
    naz4 wrote: »
    Not really, your the guy everyone loves to laugh at!
    Pax and Naz, would you guys kindly stfu? Pax, you say this forum is not for MWO. Guess what? It's purpose is also not to inflate your e-ego through childish back and forth bickering that no longer has anything at all to do with STO or pvp. And Naz, stop goading him along. Enough already! Both of you, to your rooms!
  • Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Naz and Pax get a room, the forums isn't the place for such blatant flirting :P

"The look, of love, is in, your eyes..."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    paxottomanpaxottoman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not really, your the guy everyone loves to laugh at!

We get good kicks out of how you lash at your fleeties when you claim they under performed in premade actions. You didn't think we heard about the post match panda vent Naz ranting stories? Jokes on you buddy.

I'll stop now.
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    houseofcritzhouseofcritz Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    skurf wrote: »
    Pax and Naz, would you guys kindly stfu? Pax, you say this forum is not for MWO. Guess what? It's purpose is also not to inflate your e-ego through childish back and forth bickering that no longer has anything at all to do with STO or pvp. And Naz, stop goading him along. Enough already! Both of you, to your rooms!

nooooo! this stuff helps the workday go by faster... Continue on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote of the week:
    sollvax wrote: »
    a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We get good kicks out of how you lash at your fleeties when you claim they under performed in premade actions. You didn't think we heard about the post match panda vent Naz ranting stories? Jokes on you buddy.

I'll stop now.

The last laugh is on you when people from TRP come to our vent and actually apologise for your behaviour.....
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    skurf wrote: »

KK Buddy....

Thing is, I have all the respect for TRP aprt from you. The rest are good guys. Shame about the bad apple....
  • Options
    gx4th23gx4th23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The last laugh is on you when people from TRP come to our vent and actually apologise for your behaviour.....

I need to make a public apology...

I stole 2 kills from MT that last match.
    "No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." -Logimo
  • Options
    evilghost1026evilghost1026 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I don't think anyone in our fleet would "need" to come over to apologize for anything. and i doubt anyone has for that reason. the last time i was personally in panda vent was when we were attempting to test the theory of scramble knocking out weapons when it was in fact shockwave.

@Minitrckin08 of Turkish RP Heros
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I'm trying to think of a single product that has not been affected by how people have changed.

The Pencil?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    The Pencil?

Even there - think about the evolution of the pencil. As people's wants and desires became technologically available, the product changed - and - for some people it changed their basic requirements and needs in regard to how a pencil functions.

Hand an old wooden pencil with a subpar pink tip eraser to somebody that's always used a mechanical pencil and a separate quality eraser, eh?

Then again, think about writing in general.

People used to write letters - some typed - computers became the norm - almost everybody typed - they might only "write" when signing a check or signing a credit card receipt - then more online banking and bill pay - check cards and entering a pin - etc, etc, etc.

Heck, there are many school districts in the US that are no longer teaching cursive writing.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Even there - think about the evolution of the pencil.

It was the only thing that immediatly came to mind.

Heck, there are many school districts in the US that are no longer teaching cursive writing.
    and our Country is in decline... coincidence????
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It was the only thing that immediatly came to mind.

I kept thinking about it. It tended to come down to the following:

Had not even thought about it.
    Thought about it.
    Wanted it.
    Needed it.
    Could not live without it.

-AND-

Could wait for it.
    Would wait for it.
    Should not have to wait for it.
  • Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    and our Country is in decline... coincidence????

but cursive writing has no purpose in the real world except as a signature.

a friend of mine told me that the entire countrys history text books are determined by who places the largest order.

so basically 1 or 2 states determine what the entire country learns about in history.

weird eh?
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    thepleasuredomethepleasuredome Member Posts: 308
    edited November 2012
    sophlogimo wrote: »

Seriously, could people just stop the spamming, please?

Says the man with 1,702 posts....

Ironically, that's almost as many as Branflakes himself, someone whose job it is to make posts!
    Arawn & Ihasa
    OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
    Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/738221-monetizing-perfect-world-s-latest-update
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    piwright42piwright42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sorry but I'm not like you guys. I'm not going to leave because you think it looks grim. I will stay to the bitter end. Hell you never know, PvP might get so much better and when it does, I promise you guys are going to come running back like you never left.

But my point is, why leave that game?

Go do whatever it is you do, I got a Fleet to run, new players to train on the way to PvP, PvE Elite, Doffs, Fleet Actions, Starbase, New Romulus... Heck I could go on. I'm willing to wait for it to get better. So shoo. MWO and those Pandas are waiting on ya :P

I ain't leaving. I get my PvP on over at "Voldemort" then hang out in STO to get my PvE on. I think that says a lot.
    criminius wrote: »
    Indeed. The best part of this game was not the game itself. It was and is the people who played it.

Thanks guys and keep up the good fight!

Ps MWO has its own set if issues.
    On another note I really hope that star citizen takes off.

The people is why I do not leave STO. We have some great sub-communities and I think that underscores what Cryptic has done best, inter-player communications. "Voldemort" does not have that. You have to be in a match to use chat right now and then you can only talk to those in that match with you.

I agree on the second point as well. For example that crit shot bug can really mess up a good match before it even starts. Still I have a great time just dreaming up builds for "Voldemort" just like I used to in STO before the OP madness of F2P.
    They committed themselves on hitting that sub nuke button, they hit it and there is no sci team in this community to clear it. So screaming sci team isn't going to make a difference.

I'm just looking out for you guys before you guys blow out a vein or something.. Some of the TRH guys have gotten very angry too. I know it can get, you should of heard me when I first found out about SN Doffs.

I'm not saying be nice because they'll be changes. I'm saying, there won't be changes so there's no sense getting upset over it. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. Wasting time on these forums, I don't know but I feel like I should buddy up and tell you guys as friends that you're wasting your own time.

Unless... We take a different approach? Not on the forums obviously, but a different avenue of directly contacting someone at their head offices? Like target calling this calls for a target change perhaps? Bran has 4 extends on him + rsp + ablative + vesta bs + steamrunner + miracle worker + ... etc.. lol.

Brainstorm it?

Is this a levi3 sockpuppet? What I highlighted reminds me so much of that players old KDF troll threads. With a little bit of paraphrasing it went something to the effect of...

"I'm a good KDF player. I use my many KDF toons to grind DL. But you KDF die hards should give up 'cause when it comes to faction content it comes down to the numbers and 12% is not enough to develop for. I'm sympathetic to the KDF cause, but it just won't happen. Give up."

He was a real pain to talk to, a regular Hanoi Hannah. Don't be that way please.

Man I can only live on promises for so long Brandon. I wanna be rewarded for playing this game they way I want to. I know you are not responsible but you are the go between. I would love to have new and interesting PvP experiences.

As I have said in the past, years ago, I would love to have a persistent war between the KDF and UFP that has an actual story driven by the outcomes of the PvP matches. Bad news is from what I understand "Voldemort" is gonna do their best give me this, amongst five factions no less, and I did not have to even ask them for it.
    If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
    They taste the same.
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    I am more active in STO PvP than many self-proclaimed PvPers (who mostly play and advertise other games) that are being rude to the forum host and other users, and actually are violating criminal laws of various countries regularily on these forums.

And stop the spamming and sock-puppeting, please.

Criminal Laws ?

Man you are a jester.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    As the thread is no longer on topic, and as I am sure you've all read the OP, I'm shutting this down now. I appreciate that you all have toned down the "off topic" posts and moved them to Ten Forward.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.