test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

These are the STO Forums

Comments

• aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've gotten more enjoyment from reading this thread than I have from actual PvP in a few months. Wait I shouldn't have told, now they might charge c-points for trolling!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    gx4th23 wrote: »
    What newcomer, I've been playing STO for nearly 6 months

Sorry, my bad. I meant new entrant to the PvP forum :)
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    @antoniosalieri, but I believe that's kind of what Bran was asking for - and - that's why he said what he did. And why I said part of what I said. This does seem to have gone off to the side some, but getting back to that part:

He's supposedly fine with folks saying "It would be neat if STO did A like X game does..."
    He's not fine with folks saying "Why are you guys still here? Come play X!"

There was far more come play MWO posts than there were it would be neat if STO did X like MWO, MWO does Y like STO should, or MWO didn't make the Z mistake that STO did.

It was pretty much come play MWO spam popping up in every thread. It was annoying - somewhat easy to gloss over (it's not one of my pet peeves - heh, not something that triggers me into saying something so I get nice little notes from mods to knock it off) - but kind of annoying all the same.

That's a key difference, imo.
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • therealsivartherealsivar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Except, this is not being done. I had to remove a thread asking about a new map and new skill introduced in MWO. I know what's going on here, guys :cool:

PWE wants our games to have the best PvP experience possible, as does Cryptic. We all want PvP to be fun and exciting. You've seen Borticus in this forum talking about changes and working on balance, you've seen my interest in the Boot Camp, and there are discussions happening behind the scenes with devs who don't post on the forums.

But, the actions in these forums actually make people not want to your comments and then your suggestions and feedback won't be seen. So please keep things STO related -- it will be better for PvP in the long run. If there is a mechanic that works great in another game that you would like to see come to STO, that's valid feedback and welcome (as long as the thread is created as a "hey, this would be cool for STO"). But asking for spec help or map help in another game is not welcome.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Since day one people have provided feedback on these forums, yet it is continuously not acted on.

If you want to improve things here then you need to start acting on what the PvPers are saying in these forums, it is not enough anymore to tell us that you're listening because you've been saying that same line for the past few years and nothing has been done as it relates to our mode of play. Start asking the old PvPers that are left (those of us that have long enough memories to remember how it used to be compared to how it is now) what can and should be done, and ask the new players what they'd like to see.

It is not enough anymore to say that you're listening, and it hasn't been enough for a long time, that line has run its course. If Cryptic wants things to improve in the PvP side then you must show signs that you will actually start acting immediately because games like MWO are free and have true PvP, while games like TOR are starting their F2P tomorrow, and there are more games on the horizon both in the short and the long run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
    edited November 2012
    When it comes down to it, they have made more money than ever with the lock box model. They really don't care about PvP any more than to give it some lip service in hopes of keeping some people around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    naz4 wrote: »
    Aren't you the guy trying to sell Tier 4 Fleet ships in OPVP with the rest of your fleet at 50% inflated prices ;)?

Actually it's me selling those ship. A lot of real money went into the starbase grind. Prices are not inflated at all.
    I've told people that if they want access to that stuff all they have to do is ask.

Ship Provisions do cost a lot of resources. Resources that my fleet mates worked hard for. There is one project where a fleet has to put in 40.000 dil per ship provision. Would be unfair towards my fellow fleet members to just give 40k of their dil away to strangers, no?
    6M EC + 4 Modules is not that bad!
    It's 5m EC for everyone if they buy now! :P
    MT it was 15M
    Yes the price was 15m EC. And back then we were still the cheapest public seller.
    Wow, name dropping your own fleet mates to save face and another whole fleet to boot - A true politician in the making...
    I apologise for your fleet mate's actions.
    My friend, that is not making any sense. Please take a step back and take a deep breath.

Your making it sound as if I am doing a bad thing by selling ships. I bet 70+ satisfied customers would beg to differ.

PM me @ilhansk if you're interested in buying fleet ships. T5 fleet ships available soon. ;)
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seriously? you guys are charging for that?

Im my T4 fleet we have like over 300 ships, because we have choose to do the 500 XP + 5 Ships proyect all the time.

If any of you guys need a T4 ship just let me know, we'ill give it to you for free.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • captainluke85captainluke85 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi Captains,

This is your friendly reminder that these are the STO forums -- this is also the STO PvP Feedback sub-forum. Threads about other topics, including other games, will be moved or removed. Creation of these posts or threads falls under the forum rules as "Spamming". Breaking this rule will lead to moderation from myself and the Community Mod team.

I understand the PvP Community's frustration and can empathize with it -- if you're playing another game, that's okay! But discuss it on their boards, not here. If one of you would like to make a thread in Ten Forward to be used for MWO, or any other game (there is already one for SWTOR), I'm okay with that. All subsequent posts or threads about that game will be merged with that one thread.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This guy is just simply a tool for damage control on PWE behalf so they can make more money. This guy has no idea about anything regarding to pvp let alone anything else regarding to game development.

The reason why people are posting off other games is because they are upset with 3 years of imbalance issues, mechanic issues for pvp let alone all the other major problems involved.

PvP in ANY other MMO is much better than on this game. Are you really that shocked that people are posting on this game forum's from other games?

You have no development focus for pvp except for Z-Store and Lockbox TRIBBLE so what's the big deal? People are going continue posting because " they don't care about the rules " since " your company doesn't care about making the game better and filling your pockets to the Chinese overlords". Can you blame the people that have been in neglect for years? No. I certainly the hell don't.

This is exactly the same problem with your other game Champions Online.

You do not understand anything to what is going, you do not pvp, what exactly DO you do? Think about it? I honestly cannot think of one thing.

Just stay off the forums Brandon because your not wanted. Don't like what I have to say? Too bad.

Feel free to come on though if you have something that is related ONLY to the following:

#1. Star Trek IP License going to a different gaming developer.

#2. PvP content regarding to fixing and balancing mechanics and removing current pvp exploits.
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mrkollins wrote: »
    Seriously? you guys are charging for that?

Im my T4 fleet we have like over 300 ships, because we have choose to do the 500 XP + 5 Ships proyect all the time.

If any of you guys need a T4 ship just let me know, we'ill give it to you for free.

I honestly applaud you for that generous offer. We wont be able to hand out our stuff for free I'm afraid.
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    You do not understand anything to what is going, you do not pvp, what exactly DO you do?

I don't PvP? I think Nal, MT, Naz and a few other Pandas will tell you differently ;)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • captainluke85captainluke85 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't PvP? I think Nal, MT, Naz and a few other Pandas will tell you differently :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Oh ok lets see a few games. Ok so that makes you PvPer? Are you serious? Your talking to a dude that been pvping in games since 1997 regarding to MMO's. I've heard that statement before many times.

You are no pvper. So let's get this straight. Do you spends hours and hours on mechanics, constant testings and pushing beyond the limits? No.

You play a few games and that's simply that.
  • gx4th23gx4th23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't PvP? I think Nal, MT, Naz and a few other Pandas will tell you differently :)

You posted that PVP is a high priority of Cryptic and PWE, yet from Cryptic's standpoint there's nothing done with pvp for the past 3 years.

(POWER TWEAKING IS NOT PVP CONTENT ADDITION)

Those who've seen you aren't questioning whether or not you PvP, but rather questioning how on earth you can say "PvP is a priority of my company!" when you yourself see the complete lack of disregard it has for PvP.

I don't doubt the intellect of political spokespeople. Rather I'm continually baffled by the stuff they say when they know it's utter BS.
    "No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." -Logimo
  • shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ilhansk wrote: »
    Ship Provisions do cost a lot of resources. Resources that my fleet mates worked hard for. There is one project where a fleet has to put in 40.000 dil per ship provision. Would be unfair towards my fellow fleet members to just give 40k of their dil away to strangers, no?

Believe me, I understand, I just think it's a bit tasteless considering gear access is already becoming narrower and narrower as it is (just watch what'll happen to bug prices in the next few weeks). I want as many people as poss to have their favorite boats, I don't really enjoy wailing on someone still struggling to keep up with lockboxes in their free RA tubs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh ok lets see a few games. Ok so that makes you PvPer? Are you serious? Your talking to a dude that been pvping in games since 1997 regarding to MMO's. I've heard that statement before many times.

You are no pvper. So let's get this straight. Do you spends hours and hours on mechanics, constant testings and pushing beyond the limits? No.

I don't dwell on such things I've been doing pvp in games since the mid 80's online and its just best to let people tell their stories. Its all about what you know to be true but you don't have to believe propaganda :)
  • maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    this thread makes me sad....

i think the history of the games attitude towards pvp has been pretty clear, and so is their plans for what theyre doing to pvp.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • ndangerndanger Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think people are talking about that other game because they wish STO PvP was just as fun.
    As a casual, non fleet pugger I've watched the PvP in this game go down hill since season 1.2

Use to you could log in for just 30 minutes and get a few matches in and even if facing a pre-made have a good time. When I stopped playing a few months ago you would wait and wait and then when it pops - P2W BS

I now regret getting a Life Time sub in part because of the neglect of PvP. (The other part is the real lack of content except zen store items)

And I for one am glad that other game was mentioned. It is everything I wish this game could be.
    Quick matches. If you don't grind you still are competitive if you learn the skills. And, most of all, customer service in regards to play balance issues.

Bring this to STO and I will start playing your game again. And talking it up to people. Instead of recommending... that other game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ======================================
    Dazed and confused at what goes on in STO since Feb 2010
  • shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

In fairness dude it's really not his job and I doubt he'd have the time if he wanted to. The fault for Cryptic's dearth of PvP devs shouldn't be laid at the feet of a forum moderator.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
    edited November 2012
    PWE wants our games to have the best PvP experience possible, as does Cryptic. We all want PvP to be fun and exciting

there are discussions happening behind the scenes with devs who don't post on the forums.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    maicake716 wrote: »
    this thread makes me sad....

i think the history of the games attitude towards pvp has been pretty clear, and so is their plans for what theyre doing to pvp.

/salut TSI, it was a lot of fun in the days
    "No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." -Logimo
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You posted that PVP is a high priority of Cryptic and PWE, yet from Cryptic's standpoint there's nothing done with pvp for the past 3 years.

(POWER TWEAKING IS NOT PVP CONTENT ADDITION)

Those who've seen you aren't questioning whether or not you PvP, but rather questioning how on earth you can say "PvP is a priority of my company!" when you yourself see the complete lack of disregard it has for PvP.

I don't doubt the intellect of political spokespeople. Rather I'm continually baffled by the stuff they say when they know it's utter BS.

ITS OOOOOOORRRRNNNNN

Popcorn.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • dravenleeobarr1dravenleeobarr1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't PvP? I think Nal, MT, Naz and a few other Pandas will tell you differently ;)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So, you play with them on MWO? Cuz, you know, from the recent topics and posts, they are all about some MWO. Matter of fact, I heard that they were changing the name "Sad Pandas" to "MWO". Then, you guys are gonna make a killing on the Z-Store, b/c all of their toons names will be changed to "MWO-1", "MWO-2", so on and so forth.

I heard that THEN, they will all gather in the state/city that is the most convenient for all of them, and go to the local courthouse, and get all of their last names changed to "MWO", followed quickly afterwards to the local tattoo parlor for a hardcore session of "MWO" tats to their foreheads, so that everyone will know that they loves dem some MWO.

The last rumor I heard about them was that once the tats are done, and they have paraded around the club district showing their devotion to MWO, they will head off to the nearest MWO, and rent just one MWO with one MWO, and proceed to MWO for the remaining MWO of the MWO, using only a live MWO and bacon MWO. That is how they will end the day of MWO devotion, and then head back to the STO forums, and once more sing the praises of MWO.

So, to paraphrase Jay from "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" - "This is MWO Sad Pandas. They love the MWO"

:D
    edited November 2012
    ndanger wrote: »
    And I for one am glad that other game was mentioned. It is everything I wish this game could be.
    Quick matches. If you don't grind you still are competitive if you learn the skills. And, most of all, customer service in regards to play balance issues.

Bring this to STO and I will start playing your game again. And talking it up to people. Instead of recommending... that other game

And this comes to the heart of the problem. All the propaganda Branflakes says about Cryptic's concern about PvP comes to moot when factoring money.

It's about the money and nothing but the money. The game-that-cannot-be-named will, by its nature, care about PvP. It directly affects their pockets.

It's Bizarro STO, where healthy and balanced PvP play is paramount to the health of the game and the company. What else can sustain their funding if they neglect it?

By contrast, PvP here in STO is neglected because it doesn't produce a good ROI. It had a good number of people PvP'ing at the start, but then through neglect people start moving on.

Now a game that specifically caters to Sci Fi PvP folks come out and it becomes Voldemort.

It's simply folks telling others to come check out this game, they'll treat you better than the other one here. Your input matters there, not in this forum.
  • starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Woah buddy calm down. Disrespecting a Dev is not going to get us anywhere.
    Brand Has shown he wants to make PvP better. He is starting with the Bootcamp. Progress isnt going to move fast, in fact it may be very slow but for Kirk sake progress is progress. So take a breather, Don't say anything that will get you banned or your flaming will have been for nothing.
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
    edited November 2012
    Brand Has shown he wants to make PvP better. He is starting with the Bootcamp. Progress isnt going to move fast, in fact it may be very slow but for Kirk sake progress is progress. So take a breather, Don't say anything that will get you banned or your flaming will have been for nothing.

I don't know if you can understand the level of frustration some have with the current state of STO's player versus player system, so here's a URL link detailing their lip service from 2008 onwards.
  • hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited November 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Yeah, Brandon has been known to play PvP. I'll back this up. He's definitely in an unenviable position -- he needs to toe Cryptic's party line despite knowing first hand our frustrations.

Out of curiosity Branflakes, have you played MWO yet? You should come along for a few drops with us.
    edited November 2012
    "Right now because PVP is in such bad shape we (the developers) have to decide if we think we can turn this problem around. Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way."

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/12/cryptic-developer-star-trek-online-pvp-is-fail/

Branflakes, this is the reason the folks here get riled up when you publicly say that Cryptic has PvP on its priority list.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012

It would be so much easier if people just didn't talk and just fought each other to solve these problems because words don't really mean anything in PvP.
    edited November 2012

lol who doesnt know about it. and yeah im just as frustrated but i dont rage about it.

Even then frustrated or not. at the end of the day, this is a game. we are here to have fun. some of you have lost sight of that.

But you know what. my words arent going to calm you, my words arent going to stop the pandas or everyone else from talking about how other games PvP is better (which makes no ever loving sense) so I will just sit back with the the guy eating popcorn
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    lol who doesnt know about it. and yeah im just as frustrated but i dont rage about it.

Even then frustrated or not. at the end of the day, this is a game. we are here to have fun. some of you have lost sight of that.

Then come join us in Voldemort. We haven't lost sight of fun. We simply found it in a better place.
    edited November 2012
    Then come join us in Voldemort. We haven't lost sight of fun. We simply found it in a better place.

Sorry but I'm not like you guys. I'm not going to leave because you think it looks grim. I will stay to the bitter end. Hell you never know, PvP might get so much better and when it does, I promise you guys are going to come running back like you never left.

But my point is, why leave that game?

Go do whatever it is you do, I got a Fleet to run, new players to train on the way to PvP, PvE Elite, Doffs, Fleet Actions, Starbase, New Romulus... Heck I could go on. I'm willing to wait for it to get better. So shoo. MWO and those Pandas are waiting on ya :P
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.