Install Arc
Options

These are the STO Forums

Comments

• Options
    marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    paxottoman wrote: »
    The point of no return for Cryptic/PWE is when they announced the content for S7. They were committed to their season being that way. There was absolutely no reason to continue agitating the situation about MWO and how great it is. When you say something over and over, it's considered to be spam. People shouldn't have to scroll through threads/posts to find a relevant post to STO about whats being discussed. And when someone posts something about it not being right, they shouldn't be called a dictator lol.

The people that made these posts had no regard for the terms of service. They should of been considerate of those that stayed committed to the game, and the stated terms of service. This is a STO Forum. MWO can pack up and leave.

Waves tainted, torn but sewed together, and lightly burnt STO PvP flag with pride.

You have no idea how long we've been committed to this game and to the players no matter how grim the situation may have seemed, I'm pretty sure there are enough players, who have been here for much longer then you in the PvP world who have been silenced for long enough and finally decided they cannot stand it any longer.

You, I have never seen you in the early PvP days I think you don't know what you're talking about as a relative newcomer. Yet you talk like you'v all experienced it with us.
  • Options
    ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There is a PVP outside of STO? :shocked:
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This has to be one of the most mind boggling things I've ever read. It's like somebody going outside and saying the sky is pea green on a clear, sunny day. You begin to wonder if they're having you on or if something is wrong with them...

I'm trying to think of a single product that has not been affected by how people have changed.

You have missed the point it wasn't about the product... the product is irrelevant, yes product changes every day. No a 1975 turntable is not the same as a 2014 iphone 6 in pink. Yes product changes to fit the tastes of customers every day... but the reason someone wants that iphone or that turntable are exactly the same... peoples motivations are constant.

Peoples motives for purchasing product does not change a marketing text book from 1995 will not have concepts any different form the textbook from 2012... there motivation to continue to use a product or complain about it have not changed... not now or ever. :) That was the point I was making earlier. People don't complain unless they hit a threshold of care... people don't complain about things they don't care about... THAT WAS my point. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cryptic saying they care about PvP is not a lie just because they do not care about PvP as much as you do.

If I like cherry pie, it doesn't change that I like cherry pie just because I don't love cherry pie like you do.
  • Options
    paxottomanpaxottoman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You have no idea how long we've been committed to this game and to the players no matter how grim the situation may have seemed, I'm pretty sure there are enough players, who have been here for much longer then you in the PvP world who have been silenced for long enough and finally decided they cannot stand it any longer.

You, I have never seen you in the early PvP days I think you don't know what you're talking about as a relative newcomer. Yet you talk like you'v all experienced it with us.

Yeah, then you wonder why they won't work with you on making the game. Just look at your bitterness towards new players man.

What makes you think they should invest on a bully like you paying for a game? You think people will stick around when you go around calling them a noob? It's also a problem with people who just go around trying to push other people around because they haven't been around long enough.

Well look man, we beat you guys with the limited time we've been in this game. We deserve a little more respect than that none sense.

With respect to what's going on with PvP, it's a done deal. They're not fixing it. They're basically telling you to pack up and leave. And we just mind as well do that regardless of how long who's been here. We aren't going to measure lengths of subscriptions to compare frustrations over current problems. The same problems in this game effect us all the same way. It won't be done with you excluding others or being busy doing that. They don't give a TRIBBLE about you and your lousy pride about being around so long, if anything they're glad you paid all that money and you're taking it out on someone new. Kudos to you MT. You strife with your own kind, a PvPer who wants exactly the same thing you want. Well guess what, they're not doing it for you or me.
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited November 2012
    Exactly. What makes it a lie is that what they say and what they do don't really match up. I'm glad that point could be further clarified though.
  • Options
    hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited November 2012
    PWE wants our games to have the best PvP experience possible, as does Cryptic. We all want PvP to be fun and exciting.

Here's the thing:

Underneath all of the **** that's been piled on to it, there's a golden nugget at the heart of STO. The combination of 3D ship combat with MMO mechanics is immensely enjoyable and has the potential to offer a great combination of strategic and tactical depth. That's what has, until now, kept PvPers coming back to this game in spite of the terrible treatment we've had from Cryptic Studios over the past three years. Other MMOs lack the tactical depth of STO, while action games lack the strategic depth.

This time it's different. Mechwarrior is nothing like STO mechanically, but it has that same golden nugget at it's core -- the perfect mixture between strategic and tactical gameplay. Both MWO and STO have equal potential to be great PvP experiences, but the former has devs who care about nothing but PvP, the later has devs who don't give a flying TRIBBLE about PvP. Is it really a surprise that PvPers from STO are now gravitating towards MWO more than any other game that came before it? We've had it with Cryptic for years, and now we finally have an appropriate surrogate game.
    You've seen Borticus in this forum talking about changes and working on balance, you've seen my interest in the Boot Camp, and there are discussions happening behind the scenes with devs who don't post on the forums.

You don't get it. Bits and scraps aren't enough now that you have a real competitor. Quite frankly, it's insulting that you think that some meager effort from a single dev and community manger might convince people to stick around. The only hope you have of getting us back is to staff up a full PvP workforce, and have them do a better job than the capable team at Piranha Games.

As far as "behind the scene devs" go, just stop talking. After all the lies and broken promises why would anyone think this latest morsel is any different? If you can't give us something concrete then you need to keep it to yourself. Part of the reason PvPers have it out so badly for Cryptic is that you keep stringing us along but you never deliver, and after three years it's very easy to see through.
    But, the actions in these forums actually make people not want to your comments and then your suggestions and feedback won't be seen.

"Play nice or we won't fix PvP"

An oldie but a goodie. :rolleyes:

You need to realize that with MWO out the game has changed. If you ever want to see our business again you're going to have to work hard for it. Your attitude, and that of Cryptic as a whole, needs to change.
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, then you wonder why they won't work with you on making the game. Just look at your bitterness towards new players man.

What makes you think they should invest on a bully like you paying for a game? You think people will stick around when you go around calling them a noob? It's also a problem with people who just go around trying to push other people around because they haven't been around long enough.

Well look man, we beat you guys with the limited time we've been in this game. We deserve a little more respect than that none sense.

With respect to what's going on with PvP, it's a done deal. They're not fixing it. They're basically telling you to pack up and leave. And we just mind as well do that regardless of how long who's been here. We aren't going to measure lengths of subscriptions to compare frustrations over current problems. The same problems in this game effect us all the same way. It won't be done with you excluding others or being busy doing that. They don't give a TRIBBLE about you and your lousy pride about being around so long, if anything they're glad you paid all that money and you're taking it out on someone new. Kudos to you MT. You strife with your own kind, a PvPer who wants exactly the same thing you want. Well guess what, they're not doing it for you or me.

The length of time in STO in this case translates to length of time fighting the PVP cause, not skill and ability. Please dont twist this remark like a true legal scretary.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

(Bitterness towards new players? Where?, My last post about real biterness was just a simple realistic view to what the game's PvP is at this current state. And I've been around much longer to judge to make an accurate summary on that)

Your wrong. There are tons of players which asked me for advice, and i happily helped them. And no I don't call everyone a noob, I only call them noobs when they have a certain mentality and playstyle and fall back to broken and overly buffed abilities/OP consoles/doffs all the time, where there are tons of people like that in this game.

But for the guys that are noob that really want to get good, I'm all supporting them and giving them all my advice i have. You just never experienced it because you never asked. Im pretty sure you couldve learned stuff from me and I was always willing to give my knowledge to everyone :)

Again fyi, I havent fully given up on PvP, it just got the same old boring thing. i will be back stronger then ever. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    People don't complain unless they hit a threshold of care... people don't complain about things they don't care about... THAT WAS my point. ;)

That threshold is different. Was my point. People are more entitled, more impatient now than they were. They're very spoiled. It's always been about wanting more for less, but that amount of more and that amount of less have changed. The sheer number of options they have - has empowered them - it's dropped their level of tolerance - thus, leaving them more entitled and more impatient.

Throw in the pseudo anonymity of the internet - and - they've also become more emboldened. Much like some folks will joke about "internet tough guy" discussions on forums - the same happens with reviews and complaints. People will write TRIBBLE on the internet that they would never say in person - Hell, stuff they wouldn't even put on an anonymous comment card.

They're quicker to complain, more negative, etc, etc, etc.

They're spoiled. The ability to have near instant gratification in so many arenas of their lives has led to the expectation of that near instant gratification always being met. When it's not...

...and when it is met, it's usually followed by complaints of boredom.

Each year, it's more and more like dealing with toddlers crying that they want ice cream for dinner rather than rational adults...

Because people have changed.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    naz4 wrote: »
    The length of time in STO in this case translates to lenght of time fighting the PVP cause, not skill and ability. Please dont twist this remark like a true legal scretary.

You want to start trolling again or something? I am not a legal secretary.

You guys don't get it. They will decide what to do with their game. You guys thought you could control the outcome of this game by walking all over people such as myself and other new people. Well how about you use that to rally the opinion of something along the lines of strength in numbers? You think 10 Pandas trolling a bunch of independent folks on this forum is going to catch the positive attention of a Dev?

Naz, you really ought to give your head a shake. We all want to same thing and you make pathetic remarks such as that.
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fakehilbertfakehilbert Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hurleybird wrote: »
    Part of the reason PvPers have it out so badly for Cryptic is that you keep stringing us along but you never deliver, and after three years it's very easy to see through.
    I think the answer to this problem is not more secrecy from cyptic, but rather better communication. One of the main problems I see is that cryptic never tells us when plans don't work out. For all we know, tournament queues (and these open pvp freighter raids) are still in development or testing. Nobody ever came and told us "Sorry, we ran into problems with xyz and therefore we won't be able to give you this feature in the foreseeable future.".

And especially regarding tournament queues this is disappointing. I can easily imagine that automating tournaments for a team-based game is difficult. And if we had received a line telling us about unforeseen difficulties that lead to a cancellation of this concept, it would have been okay. But instead of this we got infractions when people were (in a very civil way) celebrating the one year anniversary of that July 2010 thread.

Here is an idea: Restore that thread back to its rightful place as a sticky in the pvp forum and thus show your respect for one of the cornerpieces of pvp subforum culture.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

You guys don't get it. They will decide what to do with their game. You guys thought you could control the outcome of this game by walking all over people such as myself and other new people. Well how about you use that to rally the opinion of something along the lines of strength in numbers? You think 10 Pandas trolling a bunch of independent folks on this forum is going to catch the positive attention of a Dev?

Naz, you really ought to give your head a shake. We all want to same thing and you make pathetic remarks such as that.

You seem to have the desire to become the new STO PvP savior, as so many before you, its just not going to work im afraid :(
  • Options
    edited November 2012

To be honest, dont try to play the White night or the STO Jesus / Mohamed in this game. It does not suit you. They stood for honesty and integrity - you frankly change colur like a Pax Romney to suit your agenda for the day.

As a group, we have done more to help the PVP cause than you care to acknowledge with our "strength of numbers".

And we never "bullied" these people into anything.

I personally want STO PVP to succeed more than you'll know.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I think the answer to this problem is not more secrecy from cyptic, but rather better communication.

Heh, a lack of communication is not necessarily a case of more secrecy - could just be a lack of communication. That being said though - communication often goes a long way.

Even if it's not the news you want to hear, it can be less frustrating/angering/etc to get that news than have it go on and on and on.

It's like a bad marriage - where one of the spouses has developed feelings for another. They can either end it - or - they can carry something on, etc, etc, etc. Then maybe they'll end up on ID late at night. What's their newest show? Wives with Knives?

Makes me think of the RIFT beta. It was the best beta I've been in - 16 years of MMO gaming - and it was the best. Because of the communication. Course, the game went live - the communication disappeared - and...so did I (leaving before my extended sub expired).

One can definitely see where some would feel that Cryptic's been stringing them along. Even were Cryptic to deliver, such negative feelings will have accumulated over the period up to that point... it may not matter.

Of course, when they've tried to be honest about where PvP fits into things - they get blasted for that as well...meh. Still though, they probably need to look inside and see that they probably even preferred that quick blast to the dragged out moaning.

It's not good for either side.
  • Options
    galronopvpgalronopvp Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To be honest, dont try to play the White night or the STO Jesus / Mohamed in this game. It does not suit you. They stood for honesty and integrity - you frankly change colur like a Pax Romney to suit your agenda for the day.

As a group, we have done more to help the PVP cause than you care to acknowledge with our "strength of numbers".

Pax'Romney? QQn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Galron Says PEW PEW!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2012

And we never "bullied" these people into anything.

I personally want STO PVP to succeed more than you'll know.

What the heck are you talking about? Savior of what? You guys love imposing negative titles on me, and it's just outright nuts how far you guys will go. LoL

No I am not the savior of PvP nor do I desire to be it. Nor am I trying to make myself be considered one.

Now aside all the names you've called me, do you honestly still think I'm here to do you harm? Or disagree with you when it comes to how this game needs work?

How much backwards can you guys go? Lashing out at people who totally agree with you, lmao you guys are a piece of work.
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That threshold is different. Was my point. People are more entitled, more impatient now than they were. They're very spoiled. It's always been about wanting more for less, but that amount of more and that amount of less have changed. The sheer number of options they have - has empowered them - it's dropped their level of tolerance - thus, leaving them more entitled and more impatient.

Throw in the pseudo anonymity of the internet - and - they've also become more emboldened. Much like some folks will joke about "internet tough guy" discussions on forums - the same happens with reviews and complaints. People will write TRIBBLE on the internet that they would never say in person - Hell, stuff they wouldn't even put on an anonymous comment card.

They're quicker to complain, more negative, etc, etc, etc.

They're spoiled. The ability to have near instant gratification in so many arenas of their lives has led to the expectation of that near instant gratification always being met. When it's not...

...and when it is met, it's usually followed by complaints of boredom.

Each year, it's more and more like dealing with toddlers crying that they want ice cream for dinner rather than rational adults...

Because people have changed.

Yes I understand what you are saying and I think you are right... although that topic is a debated one in circles where people study human behaviour... but I will grant you the point. As I do share that opinion about peoples willingness to be outspoken.

I think at its core though that people are no different now then they where. They are simply more vocal about it. I had a saying when I ran a store directly (yes it was a few years back now that I was a frontline guy)... customers that complain loudly are a blessing. I had to drill that into people that worked for me... complaints are a good thing. They are the people that speak for the 10 customers that came before them... and simply left. Going even further back when I sold sold things and this has never changed... objections are always a good thing... nothing worse then trying to close a sale and having some one be wishy washy, or simply say NO... real objections can be countered.
    This is the entirety of the point I was trying to make to Bran.

People that loudly moan about a product because they truly care about it... end up speaking for those of us that won't bother, either as you say we are still timid folk from the 70s ;)... or we didn't hit a threshold of giving a flying Frak. For every one forum crazy in the pvp section that is raising cain... there are 3 more people that don't bother to add there voices. They may check that "gone to another game" box on there exit card... they don't however come here and say HEY guys I'm still alive and I still have money to spend, I want service first, THIS is what I want to see. The "left for another game" option on the exit survey is as good as a NO. You can't work with that.

Instead of putting up the "Be Nice or Fly Away" Sign at the customer complaint desk... its b est to LISTEN and perhaps understand how to move forward, and if you can't convert that customer to a happy one perhaps you can understand the issue and remove the possibility that you are looking at a new face a week later with the same complaint.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    What the heck are you talking about? Savior of what? You guys love imposing negative titles on me, and it's just outright nuts how far you guys will go. LoL

No I am not the savior of PvP nor do I desire to be it. Nor am I trying to make myself be considered one.

Now aside all the names you've called me, do you honestly still think I'm here to do you harm? Or disagree with you when it comes to how this game needs work?

How much backwards can you guys go? Lashing out at people who totally agree with you, lmao you guys are a piece of work.

I remember you drawing the first "Sword" so to speak. Remeber accusing the Pandas of controlling the markets and abusing the Pandas of SNB DOFF proliferation?

You verbally attacked us first and then cry when we respond in kind.... You did the Romney maneuver right there!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I remember you drawing the first "Sword" so to speak. Remeber accusing the Pandas of controlling the markets and abusing the Pandas of SNB DOFF proliferation?

You verbally attacked us first and then cry when we respond in kind....

You're still on that?... Are you seriously starting that up again now? With the game in the condition that it's in? You'd rather fight with me on a forum, about how you guys had a lot of SN Doffs? Are you that ridiculous?
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    You're still on that?... Are you seriously starting that up again now? With the game in the condition that it's in? You'd rather fight with me on a forum, about how you guys had a lot of SN Doffs? Are you that ridiculous?

Tell me, who guys are 'you guys'? At the most we used them as much as you did. Probably one or two times both sides. Oh wait you were referring to my bots, they had like 5 each.
  • Options
    gx4th23gx4th23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

You're like the guy who throws the first punch, then when the other guy and his friends don't like you, you say "what? Don't start stuff!"

I love you guys.
    "No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." -Logimo
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Dont play the White Knight Pax Romney. It does not suit you. Aren't you the guy trying to sell Tier 4 Fleet ships in OPVP with the rest of your fleet at 50% inflated prices ;)?
  • Options
    shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, I'm not big on that whole Tier 4 shilling thing going on. I've told people that if they want access to that stuff all they have to do is ask. They're already paying an arm and a leg for the thing, no need to twist the knife round.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • Options
    brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited November 2012
    BranFlakes, I hope you're planning on staying at work late this evening. I have a feeling this is just getting started...
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, I'm not big on that whole Tier 4 shilling thing going on. I've told people that if they want access to that stuff all they have to do is ask. They're already paying an arm and a leg for the thing, no need to twist the knife round.

6M EC + 4 Modules is not that bad! Pax said you could have 10% discount if you buy nao!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    6M EC + 4 Modules is not that bad! Pax said you could have 10% discount if you buy nao!

MT it was 15M but you provide the modules for yourself....
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Dont play the White Knight Pax Romney. It does not suit you. Aren't you the guy trying to sell Tier 4 ships in OPVP with the rest of your fleet?

There you go with the ironic name calling Naz. Why don't you man up and come over to TRH channel to settle this none sense, you tend to resort to the forums for some odd reason. Keep the forums clean ya?

I am not that guy. TRH does not have a T4 shipyard. Hank has it, would you like to buy a ship from Inner Circle?
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    gx4th23 wrote: »
    You're like the guy who throws the first punch, then when the other guy and his friends don't like you, you say "what? Don't start stuff!"

I love you guys.

This newcomer recognises you for who you truly are - Forogt about the time you twisted my words as well.... For a change come to my patch!

Wow, name dropping your own fleet mates to save face and another whole fleet to boot - A true politician in the making...

I apologise for your fleet mate's actions. At least we have solidarity in our fleet / friends.
  • Options
    gx4th23gx4th23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This newcomer recognises you for who you truly are - Forogt about the time you twisted my words as well.... For a change come to my patch!

Wow, name dropping your own fleet mates to save face - A true politician in the making...

What newcomer, I've been playing STO for nearly 6 months
    "No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." -Logimo
This discussion has been closed.