test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

These are the STO Forums

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited November 2012 in PvP Gameplay
Hi Captains,

This is your friendly reminder that these are the STO forums -- this is also the STO PvP Feedback sub-forum. Threads about other topics, including other games, will be moved or removed. Creation of these posts or threads falls under the forum rules as "Spamming". Breaking this rule will lead to moderation from myself and the Community Mod team.

I understand the PvP Community's frustration and can empathize with it -- if you're playing another game, that's okay! But discuss it on their boards, not here. If one of you would like to make a thread in Ten Forward to be used for MWO, or any other game (there is already one for SWTOR), I'm okay with that. All subsequent posts or threads about that game will be merged with that one thread.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    don't get me wrong, but i start to wish cryptic will not "fix" sto pvp. season 6 was great in most manners. for players ingame-income/progression season 7 is a great fail (hive space is just great, but why should i play that?)...
    and as off my stated wish, i don't bother with anyone discussing something that they enjoy. sto makes it hard nowadays. you may should hear that metatext out of the mwo-hype and consider some changes :(...

p.s.: if dil is a timed based currency, just add it to every missions (cause everything takes time in this game)!
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi Captains,

This is your friendly reminder that these are the STO forums -- this is also the STO PvP Feedback sub-forum. Threads about other topics, including other games, will be moved or removed. Creation of these posts or threads falls under the forum rules as "Spamming". Breaking this rule will lead to moderation from myself and the Community Mod team.

I understand the PvP Community's frustration and can empathize with it -- if you're playing another game, that's okay! But discuss it on their boards, not here. If one of you would like to make a thread in Ten Forward to be used for MWO, or any other game (there is already one for SWTOR), I'm okay with that. All subsequent posts or threads about that game will be merged with that one thread.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I for one appreciate people posting where there off to on this forum and WHY.

Perhaps Cryptic will at some point understand they have made a few errors along the way. There is a lot to love about STO no doubt... there is also things the competition is doing better.

Yes Cryptic has completely ignored PvP for 3 years. Its not shocking that they would loose customers to a superior PvP product.

Lets be frank... when you cancel your SUB to any game the Devs almost always ask you point blank WHY you have done so. In most cases they even ask what game you are off to play.

Seems to me people coming in here and explaining exactly why they are leaving or have left and what they have found is good info for Cryptic. Its real insight into what there competition is doing that there PAYING ex(or not yet ex) customers have found value in. (most good developers steal features that paying customers leave for and add them to their own games).

People posting in depth about other games are filling out that exit card in a more detailed way... not just selecting the "left for other game" drop down box... they explain What they found over there. If Cryptic is smart they would use this info to improve there own product. (in most cases those players that left still care about STO or at least the people still here so its in everyones interests to LISTEN right)

Now I understand you may not want real long winded conversations about competing product. No one does... however the fact that its happening HERE and not THERE... should be taken as a sign that people honestly want YOU to notice what is happening. Absorb what it is they are saying... go and take a good look at the competition (I have no doubt you do that already)... most importantly find away to steal there thunder.
    THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE REALLY HOPING YOU WILL DO... not post threads saying don't talk about the guy down the street guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited November 2012
    I for one appreciate people posting where there off to on this forum and WHY.

Perhaps Cryptic will at some point understand they have made a few errors along the way. There is a lot to love about STO no doubt... there is also things the competition is doing better.

Yes Cryptic has completely ignored PvP for 3 years. Its not shocking that they would loose customers to a superior PvP product.

Lets be frank... when you cancel your SUB to any game the Devs almost always ask you point blank WHY you have done so. In most cases they even ask what game you are off to play.

Seems to me people coming in here and explaining exactly why they are leaving or have left and what they have found is good info for Cryptic. Its real insight into what there competition is doing that there PAYING ex(or not yet ex) customers have found value in. (most good developers steal features that paying customers leave for and add them to their own games).

People posting in depth about other games are filling out that exit card in a more detailed way... not just selecting the "left for other game" drop down box... they explain What they found over there. If Cryptic is smart they would use this info to improve there own product. (in most cases those players that left still care about STO or at least the people still here so its in everyones interests to LISTEN right)

Now I understand you may not want real long winded conversations about competing product. No one does... however the fact that its happening HERE and not THERE... should be taken as a sign that people honestly want YOU to notice what is happening. Absorb what it is they are saying... go and take a good look at the competition (I have no doubt you do that already)... most importantly find away to steal there thunder.
    THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE REALLY HOPING YOU WILL DO... not post threads saying don't talk about the guy down the street guys.

Exactly!!!
    LOLSTO
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We do understand that it is only meant to be used for STO. The reason we bring other emerging MMO's into this forum right now is to indirectly point you to games where (with slight glimmer of hope) PWE might be able to take inspiration from to improve the PVP side of the game this PVP community loves

Look at the comments to Season 7 Dev blog #17. Thats from none PVPers. Imagine how the PVP community has been feeling for the last few seasons with unfulfilled promises.

I think there needs to be a "Lessons learnt" session for PWE to realise what worked and didn't work for Season 7.

You biggest metric to the success of this game surely has to be your player base. If that is ignored, it could have unrepairable consequences.

Quick honest question? Is PWE here for the quick money or a long sustainable future where you have a constant stream of paying subscribers who also buy the other fluffy bits?
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hrmmm, the reasons for the MWO spam - just does not jibe with all the MWO spam.

It's not a "X game does this great, it would be awesome if Cryptic could work something like that into STO." sort of thing.

It's more like "You guys suck, I'm taking my ball and going to find somebody else to play with. Waaah, waaah, waaah." sort of thing.

Frankly, it's annoying. Not annoying enough to have reported - just well - childish as Hell. One can picture the stereotypical cliques in some teen show or movie, you know, where there's the head cheerleader and the pair that follows her around. She smirks at something she doesn't like, turns around and walks off - the duo chirp in with some nonsense.

That's what it looks like.

The intention may have been something else... but, lol - it comes off as something far different.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2012
    naz4 wrote: »
    We do understand that it is only meant to be used for STO. The reason we bring other emerging MMO's into this forum right now is to indirectly point you to games where (with slight glimmer of hope) PWE might be able to take inspiration from to improve the PVP side of the game this PVP community loves

Look at the comments to Season 7 Dev blog #17. Thats from none PVPers. Imagine how the PVP community has been feeling for the last few seasons with unfulfilled promises.

I think there needs to be a "Lessons learnt" session for PWE to realise what worked and didn't work for Season 7.

Except, this is not being done. I had to remove a thread asking about a new map and new skill introduced in MWO. I know what's going on here, guys :cool:

PWE wants our games to have the best PvP experience possible, as does Cryptic. We all want PvP to be fun and exciting. You've seen Borticus in this forum talking about changes and working on balance, you've seen my interest in the Boot Camp, and there are discussions happening behind the scenes with devs who don't post on the forums.

But, the actions in these forums actually make people not want to your comments and then your suggestions and feedback won't be seen. So please keep things STO related -- it will be better for PvP in the long run. If there is a mechanic that works great in another game that you would like to see come to STO, that's valid feedback and welcome (as long as the thread is created as a "hey, this would be cool for STO"). But asking for spec help or map help in another game is not welcome.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    galronopvpgalronopvp Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its a shame after a few hours from the PVE community ranting and raving about the changes from season 7 that took into effect cryptic devs jump on it to fix the issue.

WHERE THE HECK HAS THAT ENTHUSIASM BEEN FOR THE PVP COMMUNITY.......

For 3 years your company failed to bring new exciting and "working as intended" stability to pvp game play. But for a few hours of PVE complaining you make drastic changes to season 7 rewards whats wrong with this issue.

WHY IS IT THAT CRYPTIC HATES PVP AND THE PVP COMMUNITY SO MUCH......

For 3 years i waited....why.....because im a dang trekky and i love the concept of this game but im also a PVP'er at heart so i like to pew i get more excitement pewing in my favorite ships then in other games where it doesnt really tickle my imagination....and yet cryptic you fail...

Then you have the nerve to say you care about PVP yeah right......remember DStahl said we are .02% why cater to such a small portion of the game yet we spend the most money in the game huh.....

I lost all hope why should i bother logging in.......its fail after fail after fail......and i know you will ban me with the excuse of flamming or w/e excuse you devs use but everyone needs to know im not spamming or flamming, Im FREAKING FRUSTRATED AS HECK....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Galron Says PEW PEW!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    galronopvpgalronopvp Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Galron Says PEW PEW!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    murmurhem187murmurhem187 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    Koopa27 -X-treme
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hrmmm, the reasons for the MWO spam - just does not jibe with all the MWO spam.

It's not a "X game does this great, it would be awesome if Cryptic could work something like that into STO." sort of thing.

It's more like "You guys suck, I'm taking my ball and going to find somebody else to play with. Waaah, waaah, waaah." sort of thing.

Frankly, it's annoying. Not annoying enough to have reported - just well - childish as Hell. One can picture the stereotypical cliques in some teen show or movie, you know, where there's the head cheerleader and the pair that follows her around. She smirks at something she doesn't like, turns around and walks off - the duo chirp in with some nonsense.

That's what it looks like.

The intention may have been something else... but, lol - it comes off as something far different.

You know 20 or so years ago I managed a large retail store.... Now customers returned product all the time, its the nature of retail. Most would come in set the product down and be to nice to give the real reason they where returning the product. Sometimes I would say man I can't help but notice 10 of those things have come back this week... then I would get one customer who would be honest and tell me it was a complete piece of bleep. Then I would look at my reports and realize I should have noticed a month ago that that X product had issues....

There has been a constant stream of QQ for a good year now.... of course as a smart manager Cryptic should have been sifting through it. Yes some of it is just total BS... just like in was in that retail store I ran... some people where just unhappy pains in the bleep. Of course at some point the constant complaints about one item would clue me in to major issues with it... now in the retail world it was an easy fix... pull the product, send defective TRIBBLE back change suppliers... seems to me when the QQ gets loud enough the easiest fix is to address the problem... not post a sign at customers service that says "Don't be a bleep, or we won't listen to you"... I know someone that tried that once in retail (not those exact words lol) Seeing someone throw something at him when he pointed out the sign is one of the best memories of my retail days. LMAO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zorena#3961 zorena Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Except, this is not being done. I had to remove a thread asking about a new map and new skill introduced in MWO. I know what's going on here, guys :cool:

PWE wants our games to have the best PvP experience possible, as does Cryptic. We all want PvP to be fun and exciting. You've seen Borticus in this forum talking about changes and working on balance, you've seen my interest in the Boot Camp, and there are discussions happening behind the scenes with devs who don't post on the forums.

But, the actions in these forums actually make people not want to your comments and then your suggestions and feedback won't be seen. So please keep things STO related -- it will be better for PvP in the long run. If there is a mechanic that works great in another game that you would like to see come to STO, that's valid feedback and welcome (as long as the thread is created as a "hey, this would be cool for STO"). But asking for spec help or map help in another game is not welcome.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Fact is Brandon that is quite the opposite, Start delivering something anything Fleet marks in pvp we asked sense season 6, why does this take time and don't give me that bs that pvp isn't fleet related TRIBBLE because foundry is also exactly the same, You can do it as 1 or as a group of fleetm8s.
    Noone.
  • Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No Guts No Galaxy.

Collect insect repellant instead.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • Options
    gx4th23gx4th23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    PWE wants our games to have the best PvP experience possible, as does Cryptic.

We all want PvP to be fun and exciting.

You've seen Borticus in this forum talking about changes and working on balance, you've seen my interest in the Boot Camp,

and there are discussions happening behind the scenes with devs who don't post on the forums.

Power balancing is NOT a pvp addition. Also...

Does it really take the devs 3 years to brainstorm ideas about PvP?
    "No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." -Logimo
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    You know 20 or so years ago

Even 5 years ago - society was different. 7-10 years? Much different. 20 years ago? Seems like a different planet altogether.

As to the rest - it's not a case of the MWO spam being somebody coming into the store to tell you what's wrong with your store. It's more like the store next door sending folks into your store and telling your customers that they should come next door.

It's one thing if you, one of your employees, or even customers heard a customer say something was better next door and then they left for that store. It's another thing to have groups of folks walking around the store and trying to point out to other customers that they should go next door.

How would you have handled that?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Even 5 years ago - society was different. 7-10 years? Much different. 20 years ago? Seems like a different planet altogether.

As to the rest - it's not a case of the MWO spam being somebody coming into the store to tell you what's wrong with your store. It's more like the store next door sending folks into your store and telling your customers that they should come next door.

It's one thing if you, one of your employees, or even customers heard a customer say something was better next door and then they left for that store. It's another thing to have groups of folks walking around the store and trying to point out to other customers that they should go next door.

How would you have handled that?

I would have thrown up a couple door crashers and laughed when those people never left. Sometimes you need a loss leader... but anyway thats not the point. Also 20 years isn't that long a time early 90s wasn't that long ago... after my retail I took a regional position with them for over 10 years as well... ya Things don't change... and they never will cause people are people. Doesn't matter if we are selling cell phones that weight 5 pounds... or MMO subs 20 years in the future... people won't change.

The people posting here ARE STO Customers. Last I checked I wasn't seeing NEW names on the forums from some other game... I am seeing friends from STO that I have played with for 3+ years posting. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i think this MWO spam is here to try to tell cryptic something. its the literal result of the lack of pvp development, or even pvp consideration. every one posting MWO stuff here is doing so because this is still their community that they like interacting with, but they cant have fun in game anymore here, or have simply had enough of the neglect.

every season has had an opportunity to add some trivial, token thing to pvp, but there was a choice not to. just a new map added to the arena rotation, or fleet marks for christ sake. 1 little thing like that and stahl could brag all about how they are supporting pvp, it wouldn't have to be something to apologize for every time he brings pvp up.

at this point, and for quite a wile now, pvp is a smaller and smaller part of the game becase of you, not us. its starving, and dieing, and the new ships that are added tend to do more harm then good to it. the continued power creep in this game has made the gap between best and worst much larger, and makes it even harder to get into pvp. he with the lockbox ship wins, he with the right doffs wins, now soon he with the rep passives wins as well.

all the new stuff added with season 7, and 6, which had endless pvp opportunity attached, gave pvp nothing. were is a pvp star base defense? why isn't there fleet marks for pvp, the original fleet content? were is a karrat like warzone in the new romulan sector were you can get romunlan marks? were is the omega marks for karrat? why isn't there some version of the azera rescue were starfleet and kdf compete for ship rescuing?

STO is a pvp game, the basic ship balance was designed from the beginning to pit player ships against each other. there would be no reason for sci ships to exst if this was not the case. all 3 ship types are needed for successful team play, they all have a purpose and are incomplete without each other. the rest of the game is just pve content built on top of all this, making some types of ships work better then others in it. generally if you cant cause a lot of damage you have little purpuse in pve.

so it continues to baffle me how only pve can be focused on, when its not even what the game is built for, its bones are pvp bones.
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    galronopvp wrote: »
    Its a shame after a few hours from the PVE community ranting and raving about the changes from season 7 that took into effect cryptic devs jump on it to fix the issue.

WHERE THE HECK HAS THAT ENTHUSIASM BEEN FOR THE PVP COMMUNITY.......

For 3 years your company failed to bring new exciting and "working as intended" stability to pvp game play. But for a few hours of PVE complaining you make drastic changes to season 7 rewards whats wrong with this issue.

WHY IS IT THAT CRYPTIC HATES PVP AND THE PVP COMMUNITY SO MUCH......

For 3 years i waited....why.....because im a dang trekky and i love the concept of this game but im also a PVP'er at heart so i like to pew i get more excitement pewing in my favorite ships then in other games where it doesnt really tickle my imagination....and yet cryptic you fail...

Then you have the nerve to say you care about PVP yeah right......remember DStahl said we are .02% why cater to such a small portion of the game yet we spend the most money in the game huh.....

I lost all hope why should i bother logging in.......its fail after fail after fail......and i know you will ban me with the excuse of flamming or w/e excuse you devs use but everyone needs to know im not spamming or flamming, Im FREAKING FRUSTRATED AS HECK....

Please dont take this the wrong way Branflakes but it's really hard to believe that statement.

The forums have been littered with good ideas for the last few STO seasons with no uptake and/or incorporation of any of the ideas into the live game let alone any form of real feedback to these ideas, negative or positive.

We hear week in week out about you guys discussing, chatting, having internal meetings. What has the fruit of all this been to date in 3 years? (When you answer this, please take your PWE hat off and put your PVP hat on).

Before you ask the question "What would actually convince the PVP community that we (PWE / Cryptic) want PVP to be fun?", i'll give you a potential solution.
    Demonstrate a time bound plan with actual progress against it using tribble as the testing grounds for the relevant milestones on the said plan. Once these milestones are successfully tested by the PVP community, migrate them onto holodeck. At this point, you will start to make us believe.

I dont need the grand all in one change to become a believer. I'm sure most PVPer's would feel the same. We want to see your vision of PVP, want to be able to influence it in a positive manner, work with you instead of against you like it currently feels and make the in game PVP a benchmark for the rest of the MMO's out there to apsire to.

The reality is that it is so far from this said vision right now, that sadly (and yes i do mean sadly) other games have spotted a gap you left / allow to open and made it their own. I have been playing the said game for at least solid week now and progressed to a "None noob" level all by doing PVP and obtaining in game currency by PVP. In that week, even though the game is still in beta, the amount of PVPer's there right now is phenomenal. I may have spotted the same name no more than a handfull of times.

Sad to say this but most of my friend list in STO is in that game now.

I really do hope this isn't falling on deaf ears and something positive comes of this event.
  • Options
    dant158#3249 dant158 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Talk talk talk talk talk, that's all it is.

We've been hearing it for 3 years.
    But, the actions in these forums actually make people not want to your comments and then your suggestions and feedback won't be seen.

The actions of the studio make pvp'ers not want to pvp in your game. That says something.
  • Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dantrainor wrote: »
    Talk talk talk talk talk, that's all it is.

We've been hearing it for 3 years.

The actions of the studio make pvp'ers not want to pvp in your game. That says something.

This post delivers.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Also 20 years isn't that long a time early 90s wasn't that long ago... after my retail I took a regional position with them for over 10 years as well... ya Things don't change... and they never will cause people are people. Doesn't matter if we are selling cell phones that weight 5 pounds... or MMO subs 20 years in the future... people won't change.

The way people acted in the early 70s differs from how they acted in the late 70s. Late 70s and mid 80s? Again, change. Late 80s and early 90s? More change. Late 90s? Yep, way different that going back to the mid 80s. After the millennium? Yep. 2005? Oh yeah. 2010+? Bazinga! Um... there's been an almost constant change and a quickening of that change in the past 40 years.

Take a 25-29 year old from 1975, 1985, 1995, 2005, and 2012... and even if you dressed them the same - it wouldn't take long to guess which year they were from.
    The people posting here ARE STO Customers. Last I checked I wasn't seeing NEW names on the forums from some other game... I am seeing friends from STO that I have played with for 3+ years posting. ;)

So you're biased. ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Well the thread you are talking about was funny... people had a little laugh. The silly nature of it was light hearted and frankly the thread would have ended anyway... it would have dropped off the map. People would have laughed at the sillyness of the post (as was the intention I would think as I know the poster) knowing it was more a silly commentary on the fact people keep posting about MWO.... instead you took it as some personal shot which it wasn't. Yes perhaps it was out side the rules... however come on man grow a sense of humor delete the thread if you found it that objectionable... but to post a troll thread.. I mean that in a nice way I think... seeing all the moderation in here since you started the thread does seem to smack of irony.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We haven't really seen Bort around here in a while, is everything alright?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    We haven't really seen Bort around here in a while, is everything alright?

He's over in Gameplay Bugs - new season and all - he's busy.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Take a 25-29 year old from 1975, 1985, 1995, 2005, and 2012... and even if you dressed them the same - it wouldn't take long to guess which year they were from.

So you're biased. ;)

Yes I'm biased I love STO so do the people posting about MWO here. ;)

Your point about people changing though is complete BS. ;) (no offense but I have been a salesman for long enough to know people are people) Peoples motives never change people still buy things for the same reasons they did 50 years ago. Doesn't really matter if that 25 year old is buying a Hi Fi Stereo... a camaro... or an Iphone. The reasons they want those items and the reasons they keep or are unhappy with them... are the same. Not sure that was my original thought though anyway. lol I picked the retail example cause it seemed to fit to me... I could have told you I have heard LARGE suppliers behave the same way over multi million dollar deals more recently... I figured the retail example would be more relatable to most people. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xtremenoob1xtremenoob1 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    naz4 wrote: »
    Please dont take this the wrong way Branflakes but it's really hard to believe that statement.

The forums have been littered with good ideas for the last few STO seasons with no uptake and/or incorporation of any of the ideas into the live game let alone any form of real feedback to these ideas, negative or positive.

We hear week in week out about you guys discussing, chatting, having internal meetings. What has the fruit of all this been to date in 3 years? (When you answer this, please take your PWE hat off and put your PVP hat on).

Before you ask the question "What would actually convince the PVP community that we (PWE / Cryptic) want PVP to be fun?", i'll give you a potential solution.
    Demonstrate a time bound plan with actual progress against it using tribble as the testing grounds for the relevant milestones on the said plan. Once these milestones are successfully tested by the PVP community, migrate them onto holodeck. At this point, you will start to make us believe.

I dont need the grand all in one change to become a believer. I'm sure most PVPer's would feel the same. We want to see your vision of PVP, want to be able to influence it in a positive manner, work with you instead of against you like it currently feels and make the in game PVP a benchmark for the rest of the MMO's out there to apsire to.

The reality is that it is so far from this said vision right now, that sadly (and yes i do mean sadly) other games have spotted a gap you left / allow to open and made it their own. I have been playing the said game for at least solid week now and progressed to a "None noob" level all by doing PVP and obtaining in game currency by PVP. In that week, even though the game is still in beta, the amount of PVPer's there right now is phenomenal. I may have spotted the same name no more than a handfull of times.

Sad to say this but most of my friend list in STO is in that game now.

I really do hope this isn't falling on deaf ears and something positive comes of this event.

I don't get it either. It's unbelievable that they don't do anything PVP oriented and they haven't in 3 years. I also don't get how they can do nothing for PVP yet break the PVP challenge the last two seasons!

That said, the space PVP is f#@$ing fun and it's absolutely stupid they don't do anything to improve it. Instead they make silly changes that make it absolutely no fun. As of late, kerrat has had better PVP than PVP and it's only better because there are typically more feds than the 2-3-4 guys I'm teamed with. However once we wipe them a couple of times they move to a different instance. Finally we'll get a pop and 5 minutes later come back to a couple newb tact fed cruisers at the spawn. Kill them they leave. mix repeat. It's silly.

Since S7, there is more afkers in PVP arenas. It's silly. This morning Hei Qin and I hit the q's while doing some of the romulan TRIBBLE and every match had at least 1 afker and 1 idiot just flying in to die. Why is this allowed but we can't get any rewards for these grinds?

Outside that, it's even worst that they pushed you guys off. Sure it sucks running into you guys while pugging but there have been many fun fights when we have a few guys in q. Win or lose, they were still fun, now it's just unfun (and has been for sometime but we have been patient waiting for that 1 or 2 matche/s a week that aren't complete TRIBBLE.) Anyway, when a lone tact can wipe a whole team without ever using a tact team or a single tact buff while not moving, PVP has FAILED! Thanks AFKers, suicide runners, and most of all PWE for pushing these idiots into the queues for fast dil.
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited November 2012
    Don't worry STO. Sure, there might be better, higher quality games out there but you are still the cutest TRIBBLE in the toilet bowl.

Saying you care isn't the same as caring. Get a clue.
  • Options
    fakehilbertfakehilbert Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    PWE wants our games to have the best PvP experience possible, as does Cryptic. We all want PvP to be fun and exciting
    Do you even realise how insulting this statement is?

If you were actually honest with us and stopped this "everything is great" marketing talk, maybe we could develop new respect for Cryptic.

There has not been a single new pvp map in 2.5 years. (And we are talking about maps, not game modes here.) It took you almost a year to address the massive balance problems with the BFI doff. After many months the faw accuracy bug is still not fixed despite its massive impact on cruiser dps. Quality control when it comes to releasing new items is non-existent (see 90% MACO shield etc.).

If you really want PVP to be fun and exciting, you are extremely good at hiding it. Because ever since S1.2, the vast majority of changes have made pvp worse. Not only have there been no additions whatsoever, the quality of pvp gameplay and balance in this game has actually declined because of your development decisions.

If this wasn't an MMO where we are forced to apply every patch, many of us would have stopped patching a long time ago.
  • Options
    marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wait. is this forum part really STO? Really? PVP forums is STO? REALLY?

Wait, pvp has been neglected for since the game was launched, can you really still call this part of the forums part of STO?

lulz.

+1 to Hilberts post.
    You guys are liars.
  • Options
    paxottomanpaxottoman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

The point of no return for Cryptic/PWE is when they announced the content for S7. They were committed to their season being that way. There was absolutely no reason to continue agitating the situation about MWO and how great it is. When you say something over and over, it's considered to be spam. People shouldn't have to scroll through threads/posts to find a relevant post to STO about whats being discussed. And when someone posts something about it not being right, they shouldn't be called a dictator lol.

The people that made these posts had no regard for the terms of service. They should of been considerate of those that stayed committed to the game, and the stated terms of service. This is a STO Forum. MWO can pack up and leave.

Waves tainted, torn but sewed together, and lightly burnt STO PvP flag with pride.
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Your point about people changing though is complete BS.

This has to be one of the most mind boggling things I've ever read. It's like somebody going outside and saying the sky is pea green on a clear, sunny day. You begin to wonder if they're having you on or if something is wrong with them...

I'm trying to think of a single product that has not been affected by how people have changed.
This discussion has been closed.