Options

These are the STO Forums

Comments

• Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    paxottoman wrote: »
    /snip
    I completely agree pax, civility and praise where it is due, will improve PvP......oH wait, we've heared that one before, and it didn't work.

Don't believe, me, check out a Jorf's posts and see how and when his feedback received attention.

When they have absolutely nothing else left to say, the community rep in arms, comes in here and nannies the forums. First time ppl believed, him toned it down, and saw things going downhill even faster. Once people started raging again, looky look feedback got acknowledged. Again its Cryptic and its Devs, and community reps, that are responsible for the state of PvP and the attitude they receive from the PvP community.

it never was and never will be the other way around. No matter how many times they repeat the line of be nice, we care about you (oops Private Queues are gone).
  • Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A) The community is partially to blame. Mainly because we're absolutely out of control on the forums, and in organizedpvp. There's really no governance at all, and those that have been around for the longest tend to bash on those that have not been around as long.

heres the thing though, back when pvp was first getting neglected we did everything the "nice" way. never argued, never called them names and we were always told that our feedback is important etc etc etc.

then came a bug. a bug so bad the "nice" complaints got banned for bringing it up, "discribing and exploit" was the excuse given.

it took total outrage on the forums to get something done. lots of people were banned in the process but in the end, the bug was fixed.

every time after that when a major bug was discovered, the "nice" way to get their attention was still tried but only until major uproaring on the forums was anything done.

now.... im not saying that excuses everything anyone says here but you have to understand. the ones who are posting a lot are the veterans who have been around since those days and remember that the only way to get their attention (good or bad) is to cause an uproar.

history has show how to get cryptic to get things done, the major problem now is that they are seemingly ignoring us all together causing further outrages/threads on things not releating to sto.

the community veterans are the way they are towards cryptic now because of the constant lies/misleading/broken promises from the past 3 years, adding to that now the totaly ignoring of pvp when adding in new content/ways to earn currencys WHEN doing pvp makes more sense to earn some of those currencys then the pve missions theyre tied too.

this shows a complete lack of interest in even maintaing pvp on a playable level because no matter what you HAVE to pve to earn the best gear in the game.

take also the new personal reputation system and the rammifications it'll have on pvp and the romulan embassy and its super science console.....

all only earnable through pve.

kerrat could easily add omega marks as a reward.

take the kerrat map, and swap in borgified romulans or regular romulans and BOOM, instant way to earn romulan marks via pvp.

they dont care, they never will care. history has shown this, and they apparently are ignoring the past.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    paxottomanpaxottoman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    havam wrote: »
    I completely agree pax, civility and praise where it is due, will improve PvP......oH wait, we've heared that one before, and it didn't work.

Don't believe, me, check out a Jorf's posts and see how and when his feedback received attention.

When they have absolutely nothing else left to say, the community rep in arms, comes in here and nannies the forums. First time ppl believed, him toned it down, and saw things going downhill even faster. Once people started raging again, looky look feedback got acknowledged. Again its Cryptic and its Devs, and community reps, that are responsible for the state of PvP and the attitude they receive from the PvP community.

it never was and never will be the other way around. No matter how many times they repeat the line of be nice, we care about you (oops Private Queues are gone).

Nothing is going to change. Causing a stink about it won't either was my point. So you missed my point.

I should of made it as simple as that but I thought explaining it to my friends would be a kinder gesture.

Hakuna Matata.
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    maicake716 wrote: »

they dont care, they never will care. history has shown this, and they apparently are ignoring the past.

Exactly. You missed my point btw. I said they don't care, and causing a stink about it won't make a difference. Hakuna Matata or MWO. So that's what it really boils down to.
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Exactly. You missed my point btw. I said they don't care, and causing a stink about it won't make a difference. Hakuna Matata or MWO. So that's what it really boils down to.

unless you've sunk a lot of money in this game before it went bad and still want it to get better.

thats basically like saying to someone who got run over by a car to "walk it off"
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    fakehilbertfakehilbert Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    But one thing's for sure, being reckless as we have been on here ain't going to change a thing.
    I see absolutely no reason to believe that not being reckless would change things. It simply does not matter how people in the pvp forums behave whe it comes to pvp development.

It is impossible to have constructive discussions about game mechanics because cryptic is incapable of formulating what their design intentions are. (See my old "Is this working as intended?" thread. This should have been a very easy thing to do with simple yes/no answers from the devs. It didn't really go anywhere.) The original design of the SNB doff implied a nuke every ~3s when playing against a full team. Nobody ever explained how they came to the conclusion that this is a good idea. (Or alternatively admitted that they simply have no plan at all and just try things that sound cool.)

One of the few times someone tried to explain reasons was when borticus said that they were coupling EPtS and ES cooldowns because people weren't using TSS/HE enough. Of course they did not show us which data led them to believe this, and the data that we as a community have available showed no indication that their reasoning had any connection to reality.

The problem that we cannot give constructive feedback without at least some kind of idea what cryptic's intentions and capabilities are was the topic in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=270149 - Gozer's answer to this was that he left cryptic...

An example that shows how cryptic hiding their technical problems leads to discontent is the pvp map situation. It should have been trivial to calm the pvp community be giving them a new pvp map (map, not game mode) every 3-6 months. Just take an empty map with a new background image, put a meaningless object in the middle and 6 transwarp gates in a circle and the map is complete. They did not do this although it sounds like an incredibly good idea to satisfy the basic wishes of that community and at the same time spend less than 10 minutes on designing the map.
    I firmly believe that they are incapable to make such a map because their spawn point system (for dynamic spawn points based on factions) is beyond repair. This also explains why they cannot fix Kerrat (they tried during S2 or S3 testing and in the process they broke C&H spawnpoints on tribble for a day).

If we knew about such technical limitations we could focus our feedback on things that have a chance of being implemented and avoid issues that cryptic can't or won't fix anyway (like solving the massive balance problems that stems from carriers and the way how pets are handled).
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I see absolutely no reason to believe that not being reckless would change things. It simply does not matter how people in the pvp forums behave whe it comes to pvp development.

It is impossible to have constructive discussions about game mechanics because cryptic is incapable of formulating what their design intentions are. (See my old "Is this working as intended?" thread. This should have been a very easy thing to do with simple yes/no answers from the devs. It didn't really go anywhere.) The original design of the SNB doff implied a nuke every ~3s when playing against a full team. Nobody ever explained how they came to the conclusion that this is a good idea. (Or alternatively admitted that they simply have no plan at all and just try things that sound cool.)

One of the few times someone tried to explain reasons was when borticus said that they were coupling EPtS and ES cooldowns because people weren't using TSS/HE enough. Of course they did not show us which data led them to believe this, and the data that we as a community have available showed no indication that their reasoning had any connection to reality.

The problem that we cannot give constructive feedback without at least some kind of idea what cryptic's intentions and capabilities are was the topic in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=270149 - Gozer's answer to this was that he left cryptic...

An example that shows how cryptic hiding their technical problems leads to discontent is the pvp map situation. It should have been trivial to calm the pvp community be giving them a new pvp map (map, not game mode) every 3-6 months. Just take an empty map with a new background image, put a meaningless object in the middle and 6 transwarp gates in a circle and the map is complete. They did not do this although it sounds like an incredibly good idea to satisfy the basic wishes of that community and at the same time spend less than 10 minutes on designing the map.
    I firmly believe that they are incapable to make such a map because their spawn point system (for dynamic spawn points based on factions) is beyond repair. This also explains why they cannot fix Kerrat (they tried during S2 or S3 testing and in the process they broke C&H spawnpoints on tribble for a day).

If we knew about such technical limitations we could focus our feedback on things that have a chance of being implemented and avoid issues that cryptic can't or won't fix anyway (like solving the massive balance problems that stems from carriers and the way how pets are handled).

They committed themselves on hitting that sub nuke button, they hit it and there is no sci team in this community to clear it. So screaming sci team isn't going to make a difference.

I'm just looking out for you guys before you guys blow out a vein or something.. Some of the TRH guys have gotten very angry too. I know it can get, you should of heard me when I first found out about SN Doffs.

I'm not saying be nice because they'll be changes. I'm saying, there won't be changes so there's no sense getting upset over it. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. Wasting time on these forums, I don't know but I feel like I should buddy up and tell you guys as friends that you're wasting your own time.

Unless... We take a different approach? Not on the forums obviously, but a different avenue of directly contacting someone at their head offices? Like target calling this calls for a target change perhaps? Bran has 4 extends on him + rsp + ablative + vesta bs + steamrunner + miracle worker + ... etc.. lol.

Brainstorm it?
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fakehilbertfakehilbert Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wasting time on these forums, I don't know but I feel like I should buddy up and tell you guys as friends that you're wasting your own time.
    Maybe it's not your intention, but this "don't waste your time" sounds a lot like "shut up" - which doesn't make much sense since you apparently do understand that nothing we write on the forums has any relevant effect on the development. So why do you care so much how other people behave on the forums?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Maybe it's not your intention, but this "don't waste your time" sounds a lot like "shut up" - which doesn't make much sense since you apparently do understand that nothing we write on the forums has any relevant effect on the development. So why do you care so much how other people behave on the forums?

I'm not saying shut up.

Fine go ahead. Yell at the Devs man. I couldn't careless.

A change of strategy is what I suggested. Obviously the forums are not the way to go.
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

No paying customer for any product of any kind would take that illogical position.

If you purchase a service from ANY company with the expectation of X... and the service never ever delivers X yes you have a right to be annoyed. No a customer doesn't have to accept it....

We could all just make a statement with our wallets and delete our accounts... and send nice letters to PWE asking them to shred any personal info they have on file.

Of course the thing is people kick up a stink cause they do like the product... or at least the idea of it. STO is the only game of its kind... its that fact that has allowed a handful of people still playing it after all these years to endure the terrible management of the service.
    Think of it this way if where you lived you only had ONE high speed internet provider... and they sucked. I guess it would be Hakuna Matata right ? Who cares that the service is down for long periods... doesn't perform properly... when you try to get help from them you get ignored... when you get annoyed they tell you relax, we'll upgrade the service in your area next year... for now just keep paying us.

Come on, Hakuna Matata... if this was a .org and STO was a 100% fan created 100% free game... I would say ya what are ya going to do. However its NOT its a game created by Cryptic Studios, a division of PWE.... ya know these guys
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/zacks/2012/04/16/perfect-world-not-a-perfect-stock-but-its-close/
    They are in the video game business for one reason ... to make MONEY. Not saying there aren't some great artists working for Cryptic, however at the end of the day its all about the dollar dollar bills for there owners. I think for most successful businesses happy paying customers are sort of needed to grow... unhappy customers that either leave or simply Hakuna Matata until something better comes along... is not a great way to grow.

PWE picked Cryptic up to break into the NA market... and seeing as most of there "homegrown" games are PvP heavy... and the properly they picked up does nothing but frustrate and tick off the hardcore PvP community I would say They have an issue. Ya know awhile back I downloaded Blacklight Retribution, a PW F2P shooter... and it was pretty good I had some fun for a few hours... and I suggested to a few of my friends who left STO over a year ago, for other games to download it and come shoot some folk with me... ya know what they said... PW game Scre** that man.

Honestly I have no idea why PWI doesn't give Cryptic a little nudge in the PvP direction... honestly it wouldn't take much to start building some good will. I think many of have said all it would take would be a few maps... adding a few reward wrappers... a few little things would go a long way. I have no idea why Cryptic is anti PvP... and lets be honest at this point there is NO other logical conclusion... either the code is so old and been through so many staff members that, they don't even know HOW to do anything simple... or they really are just hoping people will forget PvP in STO even exists... frankly I'm shocked they didn't delete the Dilithium rewards for PvP in S7.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Believe me, I crossed this bridge before we got into the mess we're in now.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=428401

The forum depicted an awful reality of all this falling on deaf ears. There was reluctance on organizing to contact cryptic collectively as a whole towards the end of the thread.

We can try this again.

Otherwise, it truly is hakuna matata or mwo on these forums tbh. They're not doing anything... Just a realist understanding about it. So, we should try something else all together, but it may require actual diligence.

Like you can rant all day, they'll just delete posts. Ignore posts. And maintain this false sense of hope they've been imposing them.

It's like a customer service call, if the agent don't help you, you start talking to someone else. Well I think we're all equally tired of Bran giving the same answers and the whole generic "im sorry sir, calm down sir, i'm terminating the call sir". Let's try to talk to some bosses.
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm not saying shut up.

Fine go ahead. Yell at the Devs man. I couldn't careless.

A change of strategy is what I suggested. Obviously the forums are not the way to go.

Well as Mai was saying... we have changed our approach multiple times.

Things have been very nice here from time to time. Problem is any time people have been nice for to long we are completely ignored.

As Mai also mentioned Cryptic set the bar with the Voldomort junk... seriously it was what almost 2 years ago... and I still know well known PvP personalities that are playing other games right now... and have never come back to Cryptic / STO... and they never will. They got there Forum ban... and there shut the heck up response.... what really sucks for Cryptic is those guys have pull in other games... they are the types of people that end up running 50 man guilds in other games and if STO and or Cryptic ever comes up when your on a vent or something with those guys... lol its not a good think for Cryptic trust me. lol

Those of us that are left go back and forth... not that long ago I was very nice, we seemed to be getting some dev help at least on basic balance issues... then as has always been the case when Cryptic takes a step forward.. they decide to take 3 or 4 back.

Its hard to blame people for being frustrated... Cryptic SHOULD take it as a major complement on the core of what STO is, that so many people still care enough and see the value in STO to be here causing a scene everyday. lol
    Honestly I'm not to sure how long they will have that... considering the history of the games development, it really doesn't seem logical for any of us to be holding out any hope anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    /SNIP.

Yeah well, I think we should all get together and figure this thing out. It ain't workin on the forums, and they're counting on it don't work.
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A) The community is partially to blame. Mainly because we're absolutely out of control on the forums, and in organizedpvp. There's really no governance at all, and those that have been around for the longest tend to bash on those that have not been around as long.

I get it all the time.

TRH tried to establish a validated position to appear as a group with valid ideas, feedbacks, etc. We channeled these ideas through my forum account. I was bashed on these forums as a result.

Validated meaning stealthy jabs at other fleets like you started? Oh come on? You definately arent the White Knight.

You were bashed for this and not for your ideas. Also, like somebody in this thread said earlier to the nearest effect, your the guy who throws a jab at someone, infuriates a whole crowd and then cries foul.

Your just not cutting it anymore with the rest of us.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    naz4 wrote: »
    Validated meaning stealthy jabs at other fleets like you started? Oh come on? You definately arent the White Knight.

You were bashed for this, not your ideas and like somebody in this thread said earlier, your the guy who throws a jab at someone, infuriates a whole crowd and then cries foul.

Your just not cutting it anymore with the rest of us.

Keep it up. It's making a big difference.
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Keep it up. It's making a big difference.

Like your "White Knight holier than thou" complex is?

We have guys in our fleet who have spent thousands of dollars / pounds on this game over it's life time (I know i personally have in one way shape or form) and have now come to a cross road. What we paid for in the beginning no longer exists. To us it feels like the con man who sweet talks your money out of your pocket but not given you back anything in return like he promised.

When your in a similar situation, maybe come back then with "constructive comments".
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    maicake716 wrote: »
    unless you've sunk a lot of money in this game before it went bad and still want it to get better.

thats basically like saying to someone who got run over by a car to "walk it off"

/snip. How you doing Mai?

In closing, why doesn't Cryptic just come out and say "We are no longer able to cater to the PVP community as our priority now lies with ........ so therefore we will be ending the PVP aspect of this game".

This way we the PVP community will no longer create this headache for you and migrate to pastures new forever.

I also believe that Branflakes should have closed this thread the minute he created it. I personally believe the frustration of most people here cannot and will not be held back anymore especially from the people who were here during the prime time days of PVP. It really really hurts us to see such a Gem become tarnished through outright neglect and its this "hurt" that has translated into this almost uncontrolable rage that is now being demonstrated here.

Like I stated earlier, if the simple metric of using your customer feedback is outright ignored, what hope is there left for the product?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Like your "White Knight holier than thou" complex is?

We have guys in our fleet who have spent thousands of dollars / pounds on this game over it's life time (I know i personally have in one way shape or form) and have now come to a cross road. What we paid for in the beginning no longer exists. To us it feels like the con man who sweet talks your money out of your pocket but not given you back anything in return like he promised.

When your in a similar situation, maybe come back then with "constructive comments".

I spent a lot of money too.

Your name calling is not constructive. You're not going to win whatever you're trying to win Naz. So you can drop the lame and vindictive attitude.
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I spent a lot of money too.

Your name calling is not constructive. You're not going to win whatever you're trying to win Naz. So you can drop the lame and vindictive attitude.

Notice how most people's "attitudes" are directed at certain individuals here? No smoke without fire Paxy. In your case a forest fire raging out of control.....
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Notice how most people's "attitudes" are directed at certain individuals here? No smoke without fire Paxy. In your case a forest fire raging out of control.....

Sure. Once again, you're going nowhere with this. So you can keep it up until you're blue in the face with your personal bizarre vendetta against me.
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gx4th23gx4th23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sure. Once again, you're going nowhere with this. So you can keep it up until you're blue in the face with your personal bizarre vendetta against me.

I notice that you can't help but reply to naz. You feel it's necessary for you to have the last word.

I'm having a good time predicting what response you'll come up with next.
    "No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." -Logimo
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Rich coming from the guy who threw the first punch. You sure do have a short memory.
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wait, what? Did they really remove the ability to create private PvP matches? Right after saying they want to create the best PvP experience they can? That is outrageous! I can not comprehend.

Private PvP matches were by far the best and most fun aspect of PvP. Fleet mates and I would have private PvP training matches where we would teach newer people the ropes of PvP. Also, getting together 2 teams from the OrganizedPvP chat channel in a private match is much more fun and challenging than just rolling the dice on the queue.

How can this be? I just don't understand.
  • Options
    ussenterpisezussenterpisez Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Naz and Pax get a room, the forums isn't the place for such blatant flirting :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Naz and Pax get a room, the forums isn?t the place for such blatant flirting :P

Love you too Bieber ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Love you too Bieber ;)

Love you too Naz.
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Love you too Naz.

You mistake that for disgust on my part.....
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    You mistake that for disgust on my part.....

Mmmhmm. We're like Tomolak and Picard! Always interesting ;)
    Turkish RP Heroes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gx4th23gx4th23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Love you too Bieber ;)
    Love you too Naz.

Blossoming love is so cute.
    "No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." -Logimo
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Mmmhmm. We're like Tomolak and Picard! Always interesting ;)

Not really, your the guy everyone loves to laugh at!
This discussion has been closed.