test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega Conversion crates rates

Comments

• nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, its clear they aren't changing the conversion rate and have no intention of even coming close to parity for what people have earned. I've cashed out already, keeping a small reserve in the bank so I get a box and some relief on tier 3.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nicha0 wrote: »
    Well, its clear they aren't changing the conversion rate and have no intention of even coming close to parity for what people have earned. I've cashed out already, keeping a small reserve in the bank so I get a box and some relief on tier 3.

Agreed - based on what I've seen here the best deal we can get is either having 1 x EDC or around 150 EDCs and getting rid of everything else.

1 x EDC = 500 Omega Marks, 3 x Neural Processors (value atm 105 Dilithium)

150 EDC = 2500 Omega Marks, 11 Neural Processors, 3000 Dilithium (value atm 15k Dilithium)

Pick one of those and sell everything else off.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • fullcircle2fullcircle2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This whole thing has me questioning the wisdom of my recent LTS purchase.

You won't fool me again.
  • joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think I am going to watch this thread and see other people's conversion and pick a place I feel comfortable. Anything after that I am selling ASAP. Right now I am looking at cashing in about 90% of what I have. I dont care about the dilithium refining gate b/c I have enough now to carry me for the 2 months plus backlog I will have.

Playing on tribble the only issue I seemed to get in progressing was 1. no one in the que's to get bioneural pieces, 2. time gate slowed me down. I had enough EC and Dilithium and EXP to prob go to tier 5 w/o blinking if it were not for the time gate.

So yea, I'm cashing it, out and what ever beyond that will be a heads up the game play.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    not not shjocked at all with they conversion i thought it would be bad what im really shocked at the insane amount of edc tech salvage people have thats crazy not turn it into zpoints.

maybe cus of shocking amount of stuff people hold onto is why they TRIBBLE us so bad in conversion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    not not shjocked at all with they conversion i thought it would be bad what im really shocked at the insane amount of edc tech salvage people have thats crazy not turn it into zpoints.

maybe cus of shocking amount of stuff people hold onto is why they TRIBBLE us so bad in conversion

It's not that people hold onto it for bad times, it just adds up once you have everything you could ever need it for.
    And with the refinement cap in place, there is no pressing need to convert it to dilithium either.
    Just the mild hope, that Cryptic will eventually release new gear like originally planned at soem point.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Here are my results, but I can tell you how they all ended up right now:

1500 Omega Marks
    7 Borg Neural Processors
    1,000 Dilithium

Here's what each character had on them (some are copies of older characters):

Character 1
    27 EDCs
    1 Prototype Borg Salvage
    1 Rare Personal Weapon Tech

Character 2a
    24 EDCs
    1 Recruit Shield Requisition
    1 Recruit Engine Requisition
    1 Rare Borg Salvage

Character 2b
    43 EDCs
    Rare Borg Armor Tech
    Rare Borg Deflector Tech
    Rare Borg Shield Tech
    5 Prototype Borg Salvage
    1 Rare Borg Salvage

Character 2c
    49 EDCs
    Rare Borg Deflector Tech
    Rare Borg Shield Tech
    5 Prototype Borg Salvage
    1 Rare Borg Salvage

They all came out to the result near the top of this post.

Also, if you have a Requisition Authorization (what you get when you go to DS9 after you reach Level 44 (?) and talk to D'Vak (?) and Roxy), turn it into a Mk X Requisition. One of my Klingon toons did this and now has a Mk X Requisition that can't be used on anything on Tribble. :(
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

That's exactly why they do it.

They want to render all this currency worthless because they want you playing the game, earning and selling dilithium and buying Zen.

Those of us with enormous stockpiles of EDCs/Tech/Salvage have this stuff because:

a) STFs are the most challenging, interesting end-game content in STO.
    b) Once you've got all your gear, there's nothing left to spend this stuff on so you keep accruing it.
    c) Cryptic haven't added any additional content/sinks to remove it.
    d) With all this gear, you have more Dilithium Ore than you can ever possibly refine.

So the reason they're giving us a bad conversion is because they want us to start over.

The reason the projects take 1 day 16 hours is because Cryptic wants to drag this process out over months and have us log in at the minimum once every couple of days.

The reason we now have to pay Dilithium to get this stuff is because Cryptic wants money for it - mine, yours - they don't care whose - but time and commitment is no longer enough to earn the best gear in the game.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i guess its cus i play on lots of alts so ive always converted everything i got into dilitums and played another chrater rinse and repeat byt the time ive played all my toons the 1st charater could use some more dilthiums

not too mention in im a fleet with a few people so all my stuff goes into that. starbase and zen its only thing i would ever spent dil on.

ive always refused to buy any TRIBBLE outa the dil store cus ec gets u just as good gear or better
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    20 elite STFs = ~6hrs for 40 EDC to get a mk11 item. Normal let's double it and say 12hrs and this isn't including the EDC drops.
    Under new system it will take...put it this way more than 6hrs. It's a similar story for mk10.

So kudos for giving a definitive end to getting mk12 but at what cost?

Another point I'd like to make.

If you have a mk12 tech lying around you didn't turn in yet. They is no way you are getting;
    Mk XII Space Set (per piece)
    Omega Marks: 1000
    Borg Neural Processors: 10
    Dilithium: 34,000
    Expertise: 64,000
    Commodity Price: ~40,000 EC

...for that tech not a chance. We are being ripped off even if you up the rewards a bit so don't kid us by saying we're getting equal purcashing power or generous returns.

If Cryptic have the costs for Mk10, 11, 12 gear up then why not give us that and then lock it up until later?
    e/g/ 10 EDC = mk10 item
    Omega Marks: 500
    Dilithium: 15,500
    Expertise: 16,000
    Commodity Price: ~10,000 EC
    (make space/ground the same cost)

The same goes for mk11 and mk12.

Lock it in a crate until T3 and then we still have to grind the system but upon reaching T5 we have the actual purchase price. For example having 1 mk12 tech now would give us the requirements to buy a mk12 item after conversion. That is being equal.

As it stands a mk10, 11 or 12 tech item will not give the the means to buy that respective mk item after conversion and you can bet that it never will.

I don't know why they're hurting us so much because this reputation is timegated! They could give us billions of OM and they won't help you level up any quicker.
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hurry turn it in for dilithium. If you can't use it in the beginning to help get a head, then why wait. 4000 omega is nothing when you are in teir three going for teir four, it is better to get the dilithium and use it somewhere else. It is only my opinion.
    320x240.jpg
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    koltoroc wrote: »
    Wow, just wow.

They really specialize in "Customer Service" it seems.

Everything that has been communicated about season 7 fell somewhere between misleading and outright lies. I am frankly appalled by the whole thing.

Who in his right mind could think this whole cluster**** was a good idea to begin with?
    Who in his right mind could think that "damage control" through deception and outright lies would work?

Really, I have utmost respect for the artists, but as far as the development team goes, I have absolutely NO respect left. And as far as the game goes. I now sincerely hope it dies, so that the license can be taken up by a competent development team. YOU are clearly not.

I will be converting everything into dilithium and then go on hibernation to season 8 earliest, to see if you will clean up this mess or shut the game down. I've had it with your antics and tendency to **** over the playerbase

I refer to this guy to describe the situation best.

I was laughing over the 2nd link before this post was made. Ah the truth can be so funny :).
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The reason we now have to pay Dilithium to get this stuff is because Cryptic wants money for it - mine, yours - they don't care whose - but time and commitment is no longer enough to earn the best gear in the game.
    I have 2 points to make about this.
    1: Dilithium is easily earned by doing dailies. you don't need to pay actual money for it.
    2: if Cryptic doesn't get people's money, the game dies. Yeah? shocking concept isn't it? Running an MMO isn't free. If people were to actually stop paying Cryptic completely then the game would be kaput.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This whole conversion seems a bit ludicrous for my characters. I never collected stacks of EDCs or Salvages, I have always traded them in for Dilithium right away. So, when S7 hits, with 9 or less EDCs and no Salvages/Tech on any character I'll most likely get a box, which contains nothing of real value and remains locked until "later".

I'd rather have a title or some crazy borg party popper (something that sprays dilithium shards would really be awesome :D) to remember the good ol' STF times... The crate just uses up inventory space.
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!
  • joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Don't forget you can turn EDC in EC. every 5 EDC gets you an old style borg engine which can be sold for 100k each.
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just proves they are encouraging turning in now instead of converting. To turn in now means they won't have to give any freebies. Thus the ludacris conversion rates. If the rates are not attractive, people will turn in now, Cryptic gets out of giving us anything for free. This is also another way make sure you don't have what you need right off when you make it to your next tier.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't agree they are hunting dilithium. (in this particular case)

Just look at how easily they took it out of leveling entirely.

More than conversion rates I think the biggest flop is also their no. 1 priority - the time gate that locks you out of progession aslong as they see fit.

And I think more than being greedy that's also the point behind taking your old gear hostage.
    They simply want you to take longer unlocking the stuff is all.

Think about it, no matter if you are able to play 200 missions a day, you won't be able to level faster than a guy that spends 30-40 mins in-game.
    AND, no matter how much cash you got, you can't buy omega or borg marks.

The good news about that is everytime you played a few missions you have 2 days to play on alts.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    10 chips
    5 Rare Salv

came out to be

1500 Omega
    7 Neural
    1000 Dilith
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Increased the number of Borg Neural Processors in Omega Conversion Crates.

Players will have to re-copy characters from Holodeck to see this update.

So 4000 OM, 15 BNP and 16k dil becomes... what, 4000 OM, 16 BNP and 16k dil? :P
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    brigadooom wrote: »

So 4000 OM, 15 BNP and 16k dil becomes... what, 4000 OM, 16 BNP and 16k dil? :P

Ha, I was close - 18 BNPs post-patch.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Keep posting data all, especially now since we have new values for the tiers. This way I can go ahead and update the conversion tool.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    Ha, I was close - 18 BNPs post-patch.

So let me get this straight. You went from 15 to 18 bnp's and thay think its ok?

If that is the case I have got to ask, what was the point of bothering lol :rolleyes:
    edited November 2012
    600 EDCs
    38 Prototype Salvage
    33 Rare Salvage
    9 Prototype tech
    10 Rare tech

becomes

4000 Omega Marks, 18 BNP (post patch increase) and 16k dil.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    600 EDCs
    38 Prototype Salvage
    33 Rare Salvage
    9 Prototype tech
    10 Rare tech

becomes

4000 Omega Marks, 18 BNP (post patch increase) and 16k dil.

So you got an extra 2 BNP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So is there any direct conversion table up yet where A = A and so on?
    edited November 2012
    johnnymo1 wrote: »
    So is there any direct conversion table up yet where A = A and so on?

Nope, there is not enough data for that. Especially considering the number of items being dealt with. I did update the converter though and will keep updated as new data keeps getting posted.

The converter again is HERE.

Again, be aware it is not 100% accurate. Honestly for 15 tiers and all the possible combinations we would need ~1500 reports to probably get into the 90%'s. This is mainly going to be because of the edges, where the Tiers transitions.
    edited November 2012
    So you got an extra 2 BNP?

No, I was guessing at how much the increase mentioned in the patch notes would be - I guessed an increase from 15 to 16, the result was 18.

Anyways, just ran another STF to see if more than 600 EDC would change things, aaand:

602 EDCs
    38 Prototype Salvage
    35 Rare Salvage
    9 Prototype tech
    10 Rare tech

gets converted to

4000 Omega Marks, 18 BNP and 16k dil. :(
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lordsobek wrote: »
    I did some test runs: every entry represents the amount of items, the format is as follows:

;... old stf rewards ...; ;... info from the crate ...;

In detail:

edc;rare salvage;proto salvage;rare tech;proto tech; ;OM;BNP;Dilithium

Old tribble toon receives:

287;52;51;17;08; ;3500;15;04000

Test runs with current toon:

449;74;75;24;13; ;4000;15;16000
    449;74;25;24;13; ;4000;15;16000
    449;25;25;24;13; ;4000;15;16000
    449;00;00;24;13; ;4000;15;16000
    449;00;00;10;13; ;3500;15;08000
    449;00;00;00;13; ;3500;15;08000
    449;00;00;00;05; ;3500;15;08000
    449;00;00;00;00; ;3500;15;08000
    349;00;00;00;00; ;3500;13;04000
    249;00;00;00;00; ;3000;13;04000
    149;00;00;00;00; ;2500;11;03000
    049;00;00;00;00; ;1500;07;01000
    029;00;00;00;00; ;1500;07;01000
    019;00;00;00;00; ;1000;05;00000
    013;00;00;00;00; ;1000;05;00000
    012;00;00;00;00; ;1000;05;00000
    011;00;00;00;00; ;1000;05;00000
    010;00;00;00;00; ;1000;05;00000
    009;00;00;00;00; ;0500;03;00000
    Thanks for that! VERY handy.
    Looks like EDCs are the favoured item in conversion.
    350 EDC alone gets a good chunk (like 80%) of me turning in around 500+ edc, 100 proto salvage, 40 rare salvage and 20 proto techs. (off the top of my head gets me about 4500 omega, 15BNP, 26k dil) I'll post my exact conversion inputs and outputs later when I can get back in game.
    Keep posting data all, especially now since we have new values for the tiers. This way I can go ahead and update the conversion tool.
    There's a conversion tool? Where can I access it?
    AFMJGUR.jpg
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for that! VERY handy.
    Looks like EDCs are the favoured item in conversion.
    350 EDC alone gets a good chunk (like 80%) of me turning in around 500+ edc, 100 proto salvage, 40 rare salvage and 20 proto techs. (off the top of my head gets me about 4500 omega, 15BNP, 26k dil) I'll post my exact conversion inputs and outputs later when I can get back in game.

There's a conversion tool? Where can I access it?

A couple of posts up
    edited November 2012
    602 EDCs
    9 Prototype tech
    10 Rare tech

gets converted to

4000 Omega Marks, 18 BNP and 16k dil.

Seems like salvages are best to sell off for dil.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]