test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lowbies in Fleet Events

Comments

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    baudl wrote: »
    you only want that, because you have a quadrillion low level toons...but guess what, the majority only plays on VA level.

and then ofcourse, your skill is insufficent even for the easiest of VA content...so you come here and demand that the game is made to suit your way of playing.

but guess what: having 30+ alts and a one player fleet is not the intended way of playing this game. Deal with it or leave.

your skill is lacking not mine

I can do a ground stf with my own gear and I don't need four gun slaves with me

or someone to tank in space

VA content is "do it once then forget it" mostly
    grinding is not playing its WORK
    Live long and Prosper
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sollvax wrote: »

im really not looking to get holocausted here
    Im trying help the fleets and the game to exist

then stop trolling and get some common sense in your brain. level your toon to max lvl and join fleet events with them...or join a fleet with more than one person. But i doubt anybody would want you with your reputation and attitude.
    Go pro or go home
    edited July 2012
    or you with yours??

Look i stop fighting the majority of the FUTURE players will not remain

Its nothing to do with my alt fleets (both of which cope perfectly well)

as to leveling to VA it makes me STOP when I reach it
    because Admiral = desk job
    Live long and Prosper
  • fangsfromabovesfangsfromaboves Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    im a captain on sto and i love flying with lower levels because if they get in a bund i know i can help too get them out by using a ability or just do more damage to male the npc to change target
  • gydealgydeal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What infuriates me somewhat about this situation, is that we gave feedback on Tribble about it when it was introduced with the Borg DSE's and the developers responded and said it was working fine. Myself and a few others noticed the issue when testing, so we went and made brand new charactors and tried the DSE in a team of low level charactor Miranda's to prove to the dev's that it actually wasn't working (due to number of weapon slots and BoFF abilities), we couldn't even get to the boss and we were all veteran players that knew how to play. They responded again with the same canned responce that it was working fine and you got leveled up to VA, they completely ignored all the feedback and actual tests myself and a few others did on Tribble to prove it DOESN'T work! Until the dev's actually read the feedback we give on Tribble AND actually listen to what we are saying , then nothing will change sadly.

The problem is not newbies in fleet events, since it only takes a week to get to the top level, you can do it just by DoFFing in fact (so an accolades point cap is unfair). What they need to do is completely revamp the level up system, I'd say the best option would be for low level players to actually get put into premade VA ships with a set BoFF setup depending on thier current ship. A bit like some of the Fed PVE missions that put you in a Klingon BoP. Putting them in VA ships could also give them a taste of whats to come as well, hell maybe even use C-store ships so they get tempted to buy them.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    These 2 new posters with 1 post each must be some of Sollavaxs many low level accounts he has.

Well have fun doing events with your many low levels and making the rest of the group carry you. I'm sure I won't be since I'll just warp or beam out, and I wouldn't be surprised if I'd already done that many times to you on one of your many low level alts you insist on playing.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited July 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    Go pro or go home
    edited July 2012
  • gydealgydeal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    edited July 2012
    you can spot any of my characters easily they have @sollvax on their names

and if you warp out on a mission that makes YOU too low level for it not the other guys
    Live long and Prosper
    edited July 2012
    No when I warp out it just means I don't want to carry people like you, and I know around half the time I won't run into low levels making this doing this worthwhile. Maybe if more level 50s do this we will stop seeing low levels in the ques with us. Low levels also mess up the loot tables, I want Mk XI and Mk XII loot, not Mk VI.

You also obviously have multiple accounts to have so many alts, and are using them to back you up in posts too.
    edited July 2012
    Accusation noted refuted and ignored

and they carry YOU not the other way round

you warp out that makes YOU the lowbie
    Live long and Prosper
    edited July 2012
    Accusation noted refuted and ignored

and they carry YOU not the other way round

you warp out that makes YOU the lowbie

what kind of stupid reasoning is that suposed to be? grow up and start thinking before posting. 99% of your posts and those of your ghost accounts are just targ TRIBBLE without meaning and reasoning.
    Go pro or go home
    edited July 2012
    you log its because YOU are scared and can't handle it

that makes him VA or not less use than an ensign

and you know perfectly well that I do not need ghost accounts
    Im me and only me
    Live long and Prosper
    edited July 2012
    Yes I'm scared of not reciving enough fleet marks because the lower levels can't pull their weight, and I can't handle recieving low level loot. Why should I when I can get level 50 loot when I am in an instance with all level 50s? It makes no sense to stay when low levels are there.
    edited July 2012
    so a combination of Greed and lack of self confidence??
    Live long and Prosper
    edited July 2012
    No just logic. Its not logical to accept less FM and loot when you can get more simply by being in an instance with all level 50s.
    My main is a Vulcan after all.
    edited July 2012
    Logically you should assist in the personal development of less qualified officers
    Grant them ALL "loot" (loot is illogical)
    And be unfailingly polite
    Live long and Prosper
    edited July 2012
    reyan01 wrote: »
    You may not want them, but I guarantee you that someone else does. The problem lies entirely with "I want".

The low levels can get their loot in a group of all low level players, no need for me to be there.
    edited July 2012
    Logically you should assist in the personal development of less qualified officers
    Grant them ALL "loot" (loot is illogical)
    And be unfailingly polite

How am I supposed to continue to develop without adequate loot to fund my character. I don't have time for that.
    edited July 2012
    you are a VA you no longer develop
    you are static
    Live long and Prosper
  • flekhflekh Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    you are static

That's a point you have there.
    Unfortunately, it is your ONLY point.
    And even more unfortunately, the conclusions you make from that point are just harebrained.

Back in the old times, MMOs were all about leveling. It took months or even years to reach the level cap, and when you hit it, the game was indeed over.
    But: that was ages ago. Any recent MMO has changed the structure to a leveling process that takes only days or weeks at max and leeds into a grind-based "endgame" at maxlevel, with a gear-based progression to fuel it.
    Levels are no longer a measure of progression, they turned into a measure of how close you are to the real progression in game: the gear-based one.

STO is pretty extreme in this.
    It takes less than 3 (THREE!) days /played to get to max level. And that's with heavy slacking, chatting, flying around the galaxy for sightseeing and DOff'ing ...
    If you powerleveled, it would take less than 36 hours to get to max level - basically a weekend allnighter, though you can sleep in long on saturday and still get to bed early enough on sunday to recover from it.
    And even if you played only an hour a day, you'd hit max after two months.

So, what are you supposed to do for the hundreds of days you're supposed to be playing this game when leveling is done after only a couple of days? Right: progress in GEAR!
    That's what all MMO "endgame" is about, and this is what all STO "endgame" is about: get more shiny ships with more shiny weapons and perhaps a more shiny gun for ground missions, then ... ohhhh, a new even more shiny ship in C-Store!

That, and really THAT is what the fleet system is about. That is what the new fleet actions are about. How can you not get that?
    It's about the GEAR-progression for those at endgame, supplying them with new "options" to buy from C-Store.
    It's ALL about the VAs (or LGs, don't forget the 16%!).

I might even agree with you that this system ... sucks.
    I might even agree with you that games should be more about the process of developing your character, exploring worlds and experiencing new adventures.
    But we both have to accept that this is NOT how this game works, and that it will NEVER EVER work that way.

And: the way to achieve that is NOT to remove content from endgame. Nor is the way to achieve this to make the endgame content as painful and useless as possible for those playing it as possible.
    All you're asking for is basically to grief as many people as possible be having them fight battles they can't even in theory win.
    Short: you are trolling. Heavily.
    ... And pretty successful, actually, 10 pages of feeding you have made you a very strong troll. Hell, you've even succeded in getting me to type this.

On topic: with the context and structure of THIS game, the current queue system for the fleet events makes no sense. It just wastes everyones time, the VAs' time as much as the lowbies'.
    Make it tiered and rebalance it for lower tiers, or make it VA-only (or RA+-only and introduce an Elite mode).
    Until then, the only possible advice to players is to warp out at the start if the team won't be able to make it, and not to bother with even trying if you're not RA+.

There's simply no reason to make the grind towards that shiny more gear even more painful than it is already, and there's no reason at all for those leveling to get hogged up in futility instead of enjoying the content that exists for them - which is acutally a lot less boring than an endless grind. ;)

P.S.: personally I couldn't care less - I'm currently playing this game for the "to-endgame" experience, rolling alts and exploring ... and farming. I'd probably burn out of it within a few weeks if I went for the "endgame" now.
    But that's really no reason to grief the people playing that content now.
    edited July 2012
    Thing is im not the troll here

i want to SAVE this game from the graveyard of mmos

oh and max level gear??
    takes about three weeks

if you can even be bothered to get it (most of its not worth it)
    Live long and Prosper
    edited July 2012
    flekh wrote: »
    That's a point you have there....

... now.

All i wanted to say + much more...you talked out of my soul directly!

Thing is im not the troll here

you are...and to be honest, in all my 15 years of MMO and forum experiance the most ignorant i have ever encountered. Not even Alexin_cobra can keep up with YOU! You are THE troll...take it as a compliment.
    Go pro or go home
    edited July 2012
    Right now im in drozana dealing with some "dentists" compared with them Im the elf queen
    Live long and Prosper
    edited July 2012
    you are static

Maybe you don't but I do. I am always buying new gear to try different ships and builds out.
    edited July 2012
    Right now im in drozana dealing with some "dentists" compared with them Im the elf queen

Dental is funny, much better folks to get along with then you are. Drozana would be dead and boring if it wasn't for them.
    edited July 2012
    Dental are the people who like to harrass young women (or guys with female alts)
    attack decent people and grief real players

they are one step up from the borg

the sooner they are removed the better

happily I was able to bore six of them into leaving
    its no fun griefing someone who stands there and tells you to grow up
    Live long and Prosper
  • psonixpsonix Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    or maybe they just didnt give a care about you