Lowbies in Fleet Events

Comments

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    believe as you wish but they like the borg are a dying race
    Live long and Prosper
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i make it a point to NOT enter any team event with a char under captain. i have two at lcdr right now, and have no intention of entering a red alert or starbase 24 or mirror fleet until I'm driving a defiant/galaxy
    sig.jpg
  • ludikroludikro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    Dental are the people who like to harrass young women (or guys with female alts)
    attack decent people and grief real players

they are one step up from the borg

the sooner they are removed the better

happily I was able to bore six of them into leaving
    its no fun griefing someone who stands there and tells you to grow up

Pretty funny coming from someone who just got driven out of Drozana for being a massive bigot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Wrong

I'm not the person who was discussing transgender , cross gender , intersex and non gender people in a public area

im the man who asked them to stop

there are some things you don't discuss in public chat

Gender identity
    Sexual activity (of any kind)
    Drugs
    Suicides
    political matters
    football

the biggots are the people who want to tell people to go cut bits of themselves OFF because they don't think its a suitable topic for an area inhabited by children

So take my good advice
    if you have gender issues see a doctor and a psychologist
    not one or the other

and they can tell you what gender you are biologically (theres only a choice of three really)
    and help you come to terms with it

We (my people) invented homosexuality and discovered hermaphoritism and gender neutral syndrome (no gender at all) thousands and thousands of years ago

but we do not discuss them in public in front of children
    Live long and Prosper
  • srgtburglarsrgtburglar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In before thread lock:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Opening a lockbox is like using a public restroom when u gotta poo.
    You are just hoping nobody blew on the seat or that all the toilet paper is gone.
    edited July 2012
    Im at the point of giving up entirely

theres no point in trying to help or trying to talk to people

Everyone assumes you are trying to cause trouble

so basically its not worth it
    Live long and Prosper
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Im at the point of giving up entirely

theres no point in trying to help or trying to talk to people

Everyone assumes you are trying to cause trouble

so basically its not worth it

highly doubt you would actually do us this favour, it's not in the nature of a troll to actually stop trolling.
    Go pro or go home
    edited July 2012
    and its the nature of you to drive people away so that the bad guys can win
    Live long and Prosper
  • ludikroludikro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wrong

I'm not the person who was discussing transgender , cross gender , intersex and non gender people in a public area

im the man who asked them to stop

there are some things you don't discuss in public chat

Gender identity
    Sexual activity (of any kind)
    Drugs
    Suicides
    political matters
    football

the biggots are the people who want to tell people to go cut bits of themselves OFF because they don't think its a suitable topic for an area inhabited by children

So take my good advice
    if you have gender issues see a doctor and a psychologist
    not one or the other

and they can tell you what gender you are biologically (theres only a choice of three really)
    and help you come to terms with it

We (my people) invented homosexuality and discovered hermaphoritism and gender neutral syndrome (no gender at all) thousands and thousands of years ago

but we do not discuss them in public in front of children

You have no authority to decide what people can and cannot talk about, nothing in the conversation that was there was violating the terms of service. You couldn't handle a frank mature discussion so you got annoyed that people ignored you when asked to stop. You also complain that the area is frequented by children, yet you are quite happy to let people have cybersex and other vile things go on in Drozana. However because people were discussing a topic that is a real issue for people but interferes with your worldview, you just couldn't handle it.

I think you also need to look up the definition of bigot, actually, I'll do it for you.
    Bigot:

a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who thinks that anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong

Ergo, you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    You have no authority to decide what people can and cannot talk about,

no I don't and nor do you

perhaps a ruling from the devs ??

is it permitted to discuss drugs , suicide and gender issues ?
    nothing in the conversation that was there was violating the terms of service.

I did not report it I asked you to STOP
    You couldn't handle a frank mature discussion so you got annoyed that people ignored you when asked to stop.

you missed the suggestion I should mutilate myself in a fatal way then?

theres nothing "mature" about discussing that in public its like talking about iritable bowels on a bus
    its impolite
    You also complain that the area is frequented by children, yet you are quite happy to let people have cybersex and other vile things go on in Drozana.

since when?

Sexual discussion in ANY form gender politics in any form these things belong between adults in private
    However because people were discussing a topic that is a real issue for people but interferes with your worldview, you just couldn't handle it.

my world view??
    that its wrong to discuss this in front of children??

who incidentally do not fully develop gender identity until late teens
    and who could be seriously confused by all this
    I think you also need to look up the definition of bigot, actually, I'll do it for you.

"person who hates people different to themself"
    you know like you hate celibate people ?
    Live long and Prosper
    edited July 2012
    why is it that any thread trollvax posts something gets automatically derailed from topic? :confused: ...and that for about 12 pages. Every single time.
    Go pro or go home
    edited July 2012
    im not the troll guys

Im the elf queen

(take that how you like)

point being I am being hunted for NOT supporting this stuff
    Live long and Prosper
  • dancingmistsdancingmists Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Logically you should assist in the personal development of less qualified officers

The statement is wrong: How logical it is depends entirely on previous assumptions that can't be demonstrated objective other than locally.

By which I mean you should study Logic before discussing what is logical and what is not.
    Grant them ALL "loot" (loot is illogical)

Please indulge my curiosity, in which way is loot illogical?
    edited July 2012
    Vulcan logic is based on defeating "the beast"
    the whole purpose of the logic and teachings of the vulcan tradition is to move away from vulcans "barbaric" past

when loot (money , wealth , shiney rocks) and Lust (desire) and Rage took them to the egde of extinction

Loot has no real use in the Star trek universe

the ship you are issued comes armed
    you can make or obtain massive ranges of gear

grubbing for loot is barbaric (and should be done only by appropriate characters like orions , ferengi , nausicaans and wesley crushers decendants)

the desire for "wealth" or "power" or "shiney rocks" is alien to Star trek and alien to Vulcans
    Live long and Prosper
    edited July 2012
    the whole purpose of the logic and teachings of the vulcan tradition is to move away from vulcans "barbaric" past

when loot (money , wealth , shiney rocks) and Lust (desire) and Rage took them to the egde of extinction

the ship you are issued comes armed
    you can make or obtain massive ranges of gear

grubbing for loot is barbaric (and should be done only by appropriate characters like orions , ferengi , nausicaans and wesley crushers decendants)

the desire for "wealth" or "power" or "shiney rocks" is alien to Star trek and alien to Vulcans

and again you base your argumentation about gameplay aspects on roleplay targ TRIBBLE.

is this logical in real life now, or does it show that you lost your sense of reality?
    Go pro or go home
  • aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Stahl seems to defend the decision of allowing low levels with VAs in the queues in the state of the game July 2012.
    With Season 6, we?ve add new fun and repeatable challenges that allow everyone in a fleet, regardless of level, to contribute towards a common goal.

Source: Stage of the Game: July 2012

Silly decisions.
    edited July 2012
    he himself said his main was VULCAN and used vulcan logic

in real life ?

ok fine

Grubbing for loot leads to "Need rage"
    Live long and Prosper
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    he himself said his main was VULCAN and used vulcan logic

in real life ?

ok fine

Grubbing for loot leads to "Need rage"

Maybe he has a thing for the Vulcan Security officers. Ever notice that they stand at a little more attention than the other female security officers? ;)
    edited July 2012

It seems to me you were thinking about "vulcan philosophy" or "vulcan cultural idiosyncrasies" instead. To try and speak of Logic in subjective terms is a contradiction.

We are not Starfleet Officers in the Star Trek universe, we are players playing a videogame in which loot has a very real use.

Generally speaking it would be illogical for us to base our behaviour in the imagined context of the Star Trek universe instead of the actual context of the game as long as both are not perfectly identical, when we play the game.

"Barbaric" is a subjective consideration. "Logical" is not.

Regardless of how "Barbaric" it may be considered by a given observer it is still "Logical" for those who pursue ingame objectives for which loot is needed to pursue loot.

To do otherwise while still expecting to accomplish those objectives would not be Logical.

Which was exactly marc8219's point. I quote:

"Its not logical to accept less FM and loot when you can get more simply by being in an instance with all level 50s."

His implied objective being either to obtain as much FM and loot as possible or to accomplish tasks for which both FM and loot are needed it would be illogical for him to accept being handicapped for the enjoyment of strangers when the enjoyment of strangers is obviously not something he cares about.
    edited July 2012
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sollvax

It seems to me you were thinking about "vulcan philosophy" or "vulcan cultural idiosyncrasies" instead. To try and speak of Logic in subjective terms is a contradiction.

there is no objective difference
    Quote:

We are not Starfleet Officers in the Star Trek universe, we are players playing a videogame in which loot has a very real use.

you might be
    Im a starfleet officer (well a bunch of them actually)
    Generally speaking it would be illogical for us to base our behaviour in the imagined context of the Star Trek universe instead of the actual context of the game as long as both are not perfectly identical, when we play the game.

logic says "to achieve perfection SEEK it"
    Quote:

"Barbaric" is a subjective consideration. "Logical" is not.

Barbaric is a specific word logic is subjective
    Regardless of how "Barbaric" it may be considered by a given observer it is still "Logical" for those who pursue ingame objectives for which loot is needed to pursue loot.

if you NEED loot you are doing something wrong
    To do otherwise while still expecting to accomplish those objectives would not be Logical.

Which was exactly marc8219's point. I quote:

"Its not logical to accept less FM and loot when you can get more simply by being in an instance with all level 50s."

you mean better to score ZERO and become hated by leaving than stay and get 26 marks

wow thats very logical
    His implied objective being either to obtain as much FM and loot as possible or to accomplish tasks for which both FM and loot are needed it would be illogical for him to accept being handicapped for the enjoyment of strangers when the enjoyment of strangers is obviously not something he cares about.

people you mean
    Live long and Prosper
    edited July 2012
    there is no objective difference

In theory there should be little difference. Star Trek writters were not well versed in Logic, regretfully.

I am not going to turn this into a crack course in formal logic, regardless.
    Im a starfleet officer (well a bunch of them actually)

I am sorry but you being delusional does not change the reality of the situation.
    says "to achieve perfection SEEK it"

Define "perfection" in a manner that requires no previous assumption and exists outside of the observer.
    Barbaric is a specific word logic is subjective

From Merriam-Webster Online: "a : of, relating to, or characteristic of barbarians
    b : possessing or characteristic of a cultural level more complex than primitive savagery but less sophisticated than advanced civilization
    a : marked by a lack of restraint : wild
    b : having a bizarre, primitive, or unsophisticated quality"

Define "Less sophisticated than advanced civilization" in a manner that requires no previous assumption and exists independently from the observer.

Define "Bizarre," "primitive," or "unsophisticated" in a manner that requires no previous assumption and exists independently from the observer.

Otherwise the quality of "Barbaric" is subjective, as it exists not outside the observer.

Logic is not a value but a procedure, a method, or a technique. The value you attribute "logic" can be subjective, but "logic" itself can't.

I quote: "Regardless of how 'Barbaric' it may be considered by a given observer it is still 'Logical' for those who pursue ingame objectives for which loot is needed to pursue loot."

I never stated which objectives were "those" pursuing. How can you decide whether or not "those" are wrong in the perception of "their" need?
    you mean better to score ZERO and become hated by leaving than stay and get 26 marks

Which is irrelevant to what I said.

I quote: "it would be illogical for him to accept being handicapped for the enjoyment of strangers when the enjoyment of strangers is obviously not something he cares about."
    people you mean

You are free to change all instances of "strangers" for "people" if you so decide. Their enjoyment is still irrelevant to his objective.
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Getting back on topic. there is a problem here for fleet STfs. Despite the skill and bravery of the lobies they just don't have enough and still make the time. here are 2 solutions to this.

1. Create a seperate group a missi9n designed for the lower tier ships and toons. Thus they can contribute to their fleet and less headaches for the VA's.

2. get rid of the timers. If we are defending a base from attack why should time be a factor. the enemy can appear in waves and it ends with either the base destroyed or the waves defeated. and mix up the levels on the NPC ships so the lowbies have a chance.
    edited July 2012
    logic is always subjective

barbarian is "person defined as a barbarian by a Greek or (later) Roman citizen"
    thats its true meaning

but logic changes with situation data and racial attitudes

"one for all and all for one" is logical (to a french musketeer) but so is " the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the one " (to a vulcan) and "never leave a man behind" to a marine.

Logic is subjective

As to the Admirals comment yes event content for lower ranks would be great as long as its hard capped to keep VA's out
    Live long and Prosper
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

wow thats very logical

How am I doing something wrong by needing loot? do you realize how much money you need in s6 to get all the stuff you need to upgrade a starbase? Unlike you I try to contribute as much as possible, therefore I need not only lots of fleet marks, but lots of EC to buy the stuff I need to upgrade starbase. I also don't have time to risk failing a fleet event and risk getting locked out with no fleet marks to show for it, this happens sometimes when there are low levels in the group. It is logical to make the most efficient use of your time after all.

If lowbies that I don't know choose to hate me for not wanting to carry them then so be it, if someone expects that of me I really don't care what their opinion is. .
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited July 2012
    How am I doing something wrong by needing loot?

its not needed
    its redundant
    do you realize how much money you need in s6 to get all the stuff you need to upgrade a starbase
    ?

not much

ok buying the fighters costs 3250 a time
    shield generators are an expense
    and yes even provisions might need topping up
    Unlike you I try to contribute as much as possible,

sorry WHAT??

you think I contribute nothing?
    I run two alt fleets
    I am in three other fleets
    im in the top 10 in EACH of them

in a few I have paid to open the blast doors (outright)
    I contribute doffs by the score and enough marks to set off several projects each day (spread across my various duties)

I just don't gripe about it
    money is meaningless

therefore I need not only lots of fleet marks,

which you should be leaving to lower ranks to gain
    but lots of EC to buy the stuff I need to upgrade starbase. I also don't have time to risk failing a fleet event and risk getting locked out with no fleet marks to show for it, this happens sometimes when there are low levels in the group. It is logical to make the most efficient use of your time after all.

no it doesn't
    failures do not "lock you out"
    If lowbies that I don't know choose to hate me for not wanting to carry them then so be it, if someone expects that of me I really don't care what their opinion is. .
    you will
    those lowbies are the next generation of Fleet admirals (your future bosses)
    Live long and Prosper
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In theory there should be little difference. Star Trek writters were not well versed in Logic, regretfully.

I am not going to turn this into a crack course in formal logic, regardless.

I am sorry but you being delusional does not change the reality of the situation.

Define "perfection" in a manner that requires no previous assumption and exists outside of the observer.

From Merriam-Webster Online: "a : of, relating to, or characteristic of barbarians
    b : possessing or characteristic of a cultural level more complex than primitive savagery but less sophisticated than advanced civilization
    a : marked by a lack of restraint : wild
    b : having a bizarre, primitive, or unsophisticated quality"

Define "Less sophisticated than advanced civilization" in a manner that requires no previous assumption and exists independently from the observer.

Define "Bizarre," "primitive," or "unsophisticated" in a manner that requires no previous assumption and exists independently from the observer.

Otherwise the quality of "Barbaric" is subjective, as it exists not outside the observer.

Logic is not a value but a procedure, a method, or a technique. The value you attribute "logic" can be subjective, but "logic" itself can't.

I quote: "Regardless of how 'Barbaric' it may be considered by a given observer it is still 'Logical' for those who pursue ingame objectives for which loot is needed to pursue loot."

I never stated which objectives were "those" pursuing. How can you decide whether or not "those" are wrong in the perception of "their" need?

Which is irrelevant to what I said.

I quote: "it would be illogical for him to accept being handicapped for the enjoyment of strangers when the enjoyment of strangers is obviously not something he cares about."

You are free to change all instances of "strangers" for "people" if you so decide. Their enjoyment is still irrelevant to his objective.

Lol, you sound like a Vulcan. But yeah, I fully agree. :D

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    its not needed
    its redundant

?

not much

ok buying the fighters costs 3250 a time
    shield generators are an expense
    and yes even provisions might need topping up

You forgot the skyrockting duty officer price, so yes any and all loot i can sell to get money for that is needed.

Don't have low levels in my fleet because its too easy to make level 50. And they can't earn FM nearly as fast. Low levels for example don't normally have enough skill points to max ground stealth out, thefore can't easily take out all 4 saboteur quickly in incursion, therfore limiting the fm they earn.

no it doesn't

You get 30 min cooldown whether you win or lose

you will

lol
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited July 2012
    You forgot the skyrockting duty officer price, so yes any and all loot i can sell to get money for that is needed.

totally unimportant
    if you are BUYING doffs at those prices you are feeding the ferengi
    Doffs are readily available in large numbers
    at NO cost
    Quote:

Don't have low levels in my fleet because its too easy to make level 50. And they can't earn FM nearly as fast. Low levels for example don't normally have enough skill points to max ground stealth out, thefore can't easily take out all 4 saboteur quickly in incursion, therfore limiting the fm they earn.

stealth usually COSTS the mission
    I have run this many times with teams in the low range we average 25 marks and a total clean sheet on the corner sabs

largely because we don't stealth or spread out a bunch of drones and blow the end mission

Quote:
    no it doesn't

You get 30 min cooldown whether you win or lose

and it should be a DAY if you leave the mission instead of staying with it
    Quote:
    you will

lol

as the proposed FA rank will come in time and it will be in their time not yours
    Live long and Prosper
    edited July 2012
    you will

with that kind of logic, and considering that you are completely submerged in this roleplay i think i'm your boss right now, since i am Vice admiral, and you are not.

So, i regret to inform you that you have been discharged from starfleet. Please leave the keys to your ship at my secretaries office by Friday.

signed, Vice Admiral Raudl

the answer you gave there just perfectly shows in what kind of messed up dream reality you are right now.
    Not your opinions themselfes disqualify you from any discussion on the forums. It's the way you present them and think they are superior to any other opinion, even if they make no sense at all, and are way off reality.
    Go pro or go home
    edited July 2012
    but you aren't are you

the point is you were retired a long time ago

He thinks he needs to spend money to get doffs (you don't)

you think a person who is a VA out ranks captains (he doesn't)
    all VA's are desk officers
    Live long and Prosper