test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Fleet Ships and Fleet Ship Modules

Comments

• cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is sadly the PWE pattern.

All their games follow it. I said this would happen before F2P went live.

Their pattern is simple:

Slowly make mini transactions more and more prevalent, to the point where players either use the minitransaction scheme or their in-game earned items become absolutely irrelevant.

So far it had not been this noticeable but now that PWE has completely taken over (game now uses Zen) it will become the norm.

The current fleet ship scam will be followed by 'new' ships being released by having the player buy a zen store item to unlock the ability to get the ship, then grind a lot in-game (or pay for zen items to speed this up) followed by a final zen transaction which will get you either the ship or items to make the ship fully functional.

It is not far fetched. Its a reality. PWE does this in all their games. Once a game reaches a critical point...aka when players just quit in droves or stop buying , the company simply shuts the game down, dumps it and buys another struggling/failed developer's game and start the parasitic process again.
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I could try ranting, or typing out a huge in-depth argument as to why this is a bad idea(for the game anyway; PWE wouldn't be doing it unless they knew they could make their investment back before they have to shut STO down), but lets be honest: the devs don't or can't care, PWE don't give a flying fig, and it would just bore the people reading the thread, so I'll skip to the end:

STO, sadly, uninstalled. Goodbye, and I wish the peon-devs who didn't get a say in PWE merger all the best, I hope you find a new job quickly once STO eventually goes **** up.

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can we have your stuff?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I could try ranting, or typing out a huge in-depth argument as to why this is a bad idea(for the game anyway; PWE wouldn't be doing it unless they knew they could make their investment back before they have to shut STO down), but lets be honest: the devs don't or can't care, PWE don't give a flying fig, and it would just bore the people reading the thread, so I'll skip to the end:

STO, sadly, uninstalled. Goodbye, and I wish the peon-devs who didn't get a say in PWE merger all the best, I hope you find a new job quickly once STO eventually goes **** up.

The game is better off without you, and without the other people as obtuse, immature and self-absorbed as you are. Good riddance.

<--- Door is that way, don't let it hit you where the Lord split you.
  • soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tickdoff wrote: »
    The game is better off without you, and without the other people as obtuse, immature and self-absorbed as you are. Good riddance.

<--- Door is that way, don't let it hit you where the Lord split you.

Really? I think the game is better off without the people who support this obnoxious behavior that STO/PW is doing at the moment.

Nice try being a jerk about it though!
  • redheadguyredheadguy Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hello everyone;
    I know there has been a lot of talk on the forums about Fleet Ships. I have a question about them.
    I already have a VA ranked character. I've already unlocked the T5 Galaxy class ship for my whole account. Lets say I go ahead and unlock the Fleet version of it.

My question is: what do I get in terms of improved stats? Exactly what do I get when I upgrade my Galaxy class to a Fleet Galaxy class?

Thanks
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
  • corsair114corsair114 Member Posts: 276
    edited July 2012
    redheadguy wrote: »
    Hello everyone;
    I know there has been a lot of talk on the forums about Fleet Ships. I have a question about them.
    I already have a VA ranked character. I've already unlocked the T5 Galaxy class ship for my whole account. Lets say I go ahead and unlock the Fleet version of it.

My question is: what do I get in terms of improved stats? Exactly what do I get when I upgrade my Galaxy class to a Fleet Galaxy class?

Thanks

If you get the Fleet Galaxy, you pick up an Engineering console, 10% more shields, and s'more hull.
  • redheadguyredheadguy Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    corsair114 wrote: »
    If you get the Fleet Galaxy, you pick up an Engineering console, 10% more shields, and s'more hull.

That's it? :rolleyes: All of a sudden I'm not so excited about it. Thanks for the info though.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's mainly meant for lower tier ships. On the high tier ones, it doesn't do too much. There are a few gems though.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You also get a snazzy new hull material :)

But if all that isn't worth another $5 to you, that's understandable. No new toys or powers or anything.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    qjunior wrote: »
    The Armitage doesn't have a built-in power. It has a console. Hangars are not built-in powers, otherwise the Fleet Vo'quv makes no sense.

Other then being federation, riddle me this?

If the Vo'quv got a refit, why not the Atrox? My money is on the C-store!
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    zodiemish wrote: »
    Well. no offense but you should have checked with your fleet first...
    I knew what I was getting into.

Second, why do I have to consult someone, so I can have permission to do something?

Can you function independently?
  • zodiemishzodiemish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    I knew what I was getting into.

Second, why do I have to consult someone, so I can have permission to do something?

^ yeah.. kind of like that. If your fleet isn't working to getting the fleet ships then well you might need their permission to do something if it is related to the fleet ships. What if your fleet wants to focus on something other then military? It is one of the joys of the production being controlled by the leadership.

Now granted I am sure you knew that your fleet is working to get the ship yard going, but you never know. the powers in control could decide to do something else if ( in the rare chance ) that NO one spoke up about wanting fleet ships. ( then again. I am not sure what fleet wouldn't be working to get ship yards. )

Also if I understand right. don't you have to get permission to contribute? I haven't looked into it that much. I have been to lazy and focused on doing foundry missions to worry about fleets.

also I was being some what sarcastic. hmm my old post kind of failed at it. . This is what happens when foundry is broken. I get bored and fail on the forums.. Cryptic.. Y U NO FIX FOUNDRY
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Also get the Fleet Material for your ship. I think you need only 1 Fleet Ship Module instead of 4 since you unlocked the Tier 5.5 C-Store ship for your whole account.
    edited July 2012
    4,000 hull points, and an extra console slot from what I can tell.

Sources

Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit

Exploration Cruiser Retrofit.
  • basedelta0basedelta0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Speaking of fleet ships... Can anyone confirm that the info on the Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit on stowiki is correct?

http://www.stowiki.org/Fleet_Assault_Cruiser_Refit

Seems like a far more significant upgrade/refit then the rest of the fleet retrofits?? Most are just an extra console +10% HP. This is 2 Boff slot changes + the rest.

Are there any other Fleet refits of this significance?

This ship is also not listed as a shipyard unlock on http://www.stowiki.org/Fleet_Advancement_System. Is that an oversight on stowiki's part? Or is this ship obtained else where? (Possibly explaining its more significant changes)
  • solomacesolomace Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, I finally joined a fleet. After getting my feet wet, I take back everything I said. Since the resources can be exchanged for a decent amount of fleet points, I find this to be the best solution for progression. Cryptic did a great job.

And now...

Are you ready for this one?
    Okay, I joined a great fleet. Topnotch in my book. I bought tons of zen points, bought four modules, and gathered enough fleet credits. Since my fleet has not hit the first tier, I cannot purchase my ship of choice.

Hahaha...

Even though I meet all of the other requirements, also injected the system with more zen, I still cannot access the product of my desire.

I don't know if I want to laugh or cry.

I am one button push away from obtaining the ship, and I cannot because the content is gated.

Hahaha...

Did I also mention that the exchange is running out of resources; thus, the ability to keep progressing steadily upwards is beginning to slow?

*begins to cry*

So which is it? Is it all gravy now season 6 or does it sux?????

Still note the CDFers are in force in this thread. There really isn't anything the Cryptic or PWE can do to your IP that upsets you, as long as you can play with your Barbie toys online eh?

Still surprised that we haven't heard them utter the famous words "you don't need any of the ships to play STO". Or "Well you don't have to pay for anything and it's all free as long as your prepared to grind, grind, grind"...

I'm sure, season 7 will be much better or maybe 8 will be? Wait, haven't we been hearing this, since season 1?

PWE and Cryptic are turning my IP into a joke. Wait, did I say turning? What I mean't to say was the Cryptic "turned" this IP into a joke from release.

I truly hope it crashes and burns after this. Yep, I said, it. Yep, it's going to bum those people out who like the game, but if the game was really any good, then they wouldn't need to *crew the base over, with the many schemes it's coming up with, to fleece what I can see as a very gullible fan base.

Dooommm....
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hravik View Post
    Was that your Veteran reward or prior VA retrofit token? Those don't qualify, you have to have paid for the ship on the C-Store.

This is correct :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

What the .... , why do they like to kick us in the nuts over and over again, and why im i still suprised ?? Every time they give us something, the next thing they do is kick us.
    It must be becouse they love us so much, the 750/900 day veterans.
    And like a abused wife we stay, cry and let cryptic beat and kick us again and again.
    edited July 2012
    solomace wrote: »

I truly hope it crashes and burns after this. Yep, I said, it. Yep, it's going to bum those people out who like the game, but if the game was really any good, then they wouldn't need to *crew the base over, with the many schemes it's coming up with, to fleece what I can see as a very gullible fan base.

Dooommm....

Repeat after me.... Goosfraba.... Gooosfrabaa Feel any better. if not say it again Goosfraba.
    edited July 2012
    Repeat after me.... Goosfraba.... Gooosfrabaa Feel any better. if not say it again Goosfraba.

Ahh Zodie, you're back. Good to hear from you again.

Do we get to spar again?:)

I said Goosfraba 5 times and guess what, STO still sucks...:eek:
    Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
    edited July 2012
    Ahh Zodie, you're back. Good to hear from you again.

Do we get to spar again?:)

I said Goosfraba 5 times and guess what, STO still sucks...:eek:

lol It was worth a shot.. I don't know if we should spar or not.. might be fun, but on the other hand. I don't know if our opinions are that different. you think it sucks, and I have learned to lower my standards to the point where I half expected season 6 to be this way.

But it could be fun. }:-D
    edited July 2012
    lol It was worth a shot.. I don't know if we should spar or not.. might be fun, but on the other hand. I don't know if our opinions are that different. you think it sucks, and I have learned to lower my standards to the point where I half expected season 6 to be this way.

But it could be fun. }:-D

You know, an argument could be had that I haven't even tried season 6, so how can I %itch about it sucking and that I should shut up until I play it. There again, I have never seen Ben Affleck in Pearl Harbour to know that that film sucks, so maybe I don't need to try 6...

I'm really only still lurking in the forums, to see if any of the 5 original CDFers have turned to the darkside. It happens slowly, but I know that from my list of 10 CDFers, 4 of them turned to the darkside and 1 doesn't post anymore. That leaves 5 remaining active and still posting how great STO is and how great the decisions of Cryptic/PWE are in season 6 (some are in this this thread too)...

I'm starting to believe they are Dev's in disguise or that their standards are even lower than yours :)...

God, if only I could name them :) but alas...
    edited July 2012

I'm really only still lurking in the forums, to see if any of the 5 original CDFers have turned to the darkside. It happens slowly, but I know that from my list of 10 CDFers, 4 of them turned to the darkside and 1 doesn't post anymore. That leaves 5 remaining active and still posting how great STO is and how great the decisions of Cryptic/PWE are in season 6 (some are in this this thread too)...

I'm starting to believe they are Dev's in disguise or that their standards are even lower than yours :)...

Well to let you know.. I lower my standards and expectations because when I do that. then I am less likely to be disappointed. I don't do it with just STO too.. Other game companies, business, and even some people I do this with. I have no problem giving them the benefit of the doubt, and I will be more then happy when they exceed my expectations, but at the same times I won't get hurt by their choices. Well normally I won't get hurt or as hurt. That is why I expect things to happen but I still speak out against it. when ever I am not to lazy to log in the forums that is.

As for the Defense Force. I did have something long written, but I decided to not post it. It might bring them out in force. I will say this much. Criticism is needed if you want anything to get better. Compliance for the status quo will never make anything better. It just makes it stagnate until it is to late to wake up and change it.
  • suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My little prediction for the future, now that they've shown they are happy to mix Z-store purchases with the fleet system as well as have limited time projects (the expensive dilithium one to remove blast shutters). I'm pretty sure we'll see in the near future special projects that will use Z-store purchases (like the ship modules) that award a boost to Starbase XP as a way for people with money to speed up the starbase development time. I reckon this will happen in a month or so as people start to get burnt out trying to unlock the fleet ships they want (most starting at tier 3).
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    And yet we still have no response from Cryptic on the issue of why they did the exact opposite of what they said. This is a good time to practice my shocked expression, yes?
  • sroansroan Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok if I understand this right my alrerady Tier-5 Intrepid is going to cost me to make it a Fleet Tier-5 Intrepid? Lame..... I seriously dont expect cryptic or even Mr. Brandon to pipe in since they never did before why start now?
    Proud Co-founder of Caitian Fleet a Caitian only fleet
  • costello5672costello5672 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't get all the hate.

None of this stuff is mandatory to play the game.

If you don't like it, vote with your wallet by not buying into it.

No need for ragequits and the like.

Some people are such drama queens!
  • sroansroan Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't get all the hate.

None of this stuff is mandatory to play the game.

If you don't like it, vote with your wallet by not buying into it.

No need for ragequits and the like.

Some people are such drama queens!

I have to agree in the end its just a video game no one is making us play. Its just something to do as a social means with other Star Trek Fans
    Proud Co-founder of Caitian Fleet a Caitian only fleet
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If they ever have a PVP revamp, you will hear more complaints (pay to win arguments).
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've never understood the defense concept "Its just a game, you don't have to..."

By that logic, nothing in game can be criticized. :confused:
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.