What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

700 Day Android

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    androids can do everything. so it should be some kind of "universal" bo. able to learn skills from all careers, but maybe without the option to learn rank 3 abilities or such.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    androids can do everything. so it should be some kind of "universal" bo. able to learn skills from all careers, but maybe without the option to learn rank 3 abilities or such.

SOME androids can do everything. Some are limited by programming. I like the ability to choose the programming set. I complained earlier about the current offering of the android being an engineer when we already have a rewards-type/C-Store engineer. It should have been a tactical (since we have an engineer and scientist (photonic) already). This way, it will be a tactical for me, and whatever anyone else needs. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    can we get an update on this please. We where told that they where able to get " The Tech " in so when might we see it implemented?

I too would love the option to have this be a TAC so when I get around to using one of my 10 character slots for a new toon I can use my Borg Engr, my Photonic Sci. and then pick up a Android TAC and be on my marry way.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    can we get an update on this please. We where told that they where able to get " The Tech " in so when might we see it implemented?

Maybe the holiday she was talking about is Easter...?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Vexiom wrote:
    Maybe the holiday she was talking about is Easter...?

possibly but context clues would dictate otherwise. it was said it would be implemented after the holiday season, no one includes Easter, Valentine's Day or the Fourth of July, when saying "The Holiday Season" it's always been referring to Christmas/boxing day/New-years eve/day

I understand they are busy getting things set for the new FE and dealing with the F2P mobs. just would like an update. two words and a date.

Exp: Coming Soon™ Feb 2nd 2012
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    11 days to go :)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    possibly but context clues would dictate otherwise. it was said it would be implemented after the holiday season, no one includes Easter, Valentine's Day or the Fourth of July, when saying "The Holiday Season" it's always been referring to Christmas/boxing day/New-years eve/day

I understand they are busy getting things set for the new FE and dealing with the F2P mobs. just would like an update. two words and a date.

Exp: Coming Soon™ Feb 2nd 2012

But what day would be better to have a new 'Droid to love than Valentine's Day?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I need an update from the costume art team, but they will need some time scheduled for that. (Right now, all androids would wind up in engineering uniforms, which is not what we want, obviously.)
    I did go through and implement the new exclusion flags in the androids, but I also found a tech issue that will need sorting. Hopefully I can get a programmer to take a look. Wouldn't want to push them out in a broken state, after all.
    (Yes, I'm at the office on a Sunday doing this for you guys.)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    jheinig wrote: »
    I need an update from the costume art team, but they will need some time scheduled for that. (Right now, all androids would wind up in engineering uniforms, which is not what we want, obviously.)
    I did go through and implement the new exclusion flags in the androids, but I also found a tech issue that will need sorting. Hopefully I can get a programmer to take a look. Wouldn't want to push them out in a broken state, after all.

Well, that's disappointing, but thanks for the hard work.

(On a side note, looks like I might have been right about the Easter thing...)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Vexiom wrote:
    Well, that's disappointing, but thanks for the hard work.

(On a side note, looks like I might have been right about the Easter thing...)

Bugs happen. Better that we find them and fix them during development, rather than pushing an update that would put all of the androids into the BOFF store but then make them unable to join anyone's crew!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Bugs happen. Better that we find them and fix them during development, rather than pushing an update that would put all of the androids into the BOFF store but then make them unable to join anyone's crew!

I WILL HAVE YOUR BABIES
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I WILL HAVE YOUR BABIES

Possibly before this makes it onto holodeck, lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2012

Can't you change uniforms as soon as you get the Android? Or do you mean the icon? The BOff Ship Station placement? Or something else entirely?

((And don't think that we do not appreciate you being there for us, because we do. We just don't always show it.))
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Jeslyn wrote:
    Can't you change uniforms as soon as you get the Android? Or do you mean the icon? The BOff Ship Station placement? Or something else entirely?

((And don't think that we do not appreciate you being there for us, because we do. We just don't always show it.))

For consistency's sake, an engineering android should show up in gold when you first get it. Sciences ones should be wearing blue by default, and tactical should be wearing red. If they weren't, there would be loads of confusion from people.

Yes power-users can alter the colors, but it's an ease of use kind of thing. Many people (especially silver users) won't do a lot of tailoring. (and while it's true that these androids are a Veteran reward, and hence only Gold members will have them, there is something to be said for "doing it right".)
  • Options
    edited January 2012

Hmmm any chance of someday being able to customize the Photonic Bridge Officer?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Vexiom wrote:
    Possibly before this makes it onto holodeck, lol.

They have time...

I don't hit 700 for another 17 Days.

<chuckle>
  • Options
    edited January 2012

Thank you for the update means a lot to us that your on top of this.
    Hmmm any chance of someday being able to customize the Photonic Bridge Officer?

Sure I'd like to see some customization for the Photonic Bridge Offer, I'd more like to see them become a Universal Bridge Officer, they might start off being Sci but could be trained in Tac and Engr skills and could be used in any bridge offer slot, so long as they have one skill of the that type of BOff slot. , This could be a way to fix the issues with the Android as well making them Universal by nature. might be a lot to ask for but wouldn't it be cool. The preorder/cstore Borg as a engr is fine, and the liberated borg from the cure a sci is fine as well. we just need into the hive give us a tac liberated borg and we're set. ^_^ #pipedreams
  • Options
    edited January 2012

I am usually the most ungrateful MMO Player ever, but to me You working on your day off means quite a bit. (especially nowadays). Thank you very much.

Thank you also for taking the time to read these forums and keep in touch with the Players.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    12/15/2011
    Here is the problem:

* Get 700 day vet reward
    * Claim male engineering android
    * Then go claim female science android, since that is a different critter
    * Then go claim male tactical android, since that is a different critter.

. . . and so on.

I'm working to get tech implemented that will let us put them all in a "unique group" that will allow you to have only one of them at a time, but put all twelve (male/female, eng/sci/tac, Fed/KE) into the game.

Incidentally, all the variants are made, we just need to work out the tech limitation.

1/29/2012

Did the old variants have to be scrapped for the tech fix that allowed them all to be offered? I'm sorry if I sound rude. impatient or ungreatful, but are we going to have these options in game before the 800 day rewards hit?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    GenEricII wrote:
    12/15/2011

1/29/2012

Did the old variants have to be scrapped for the tech fix that allowed them all to be offered? I'm sorry if I sound rude. impatient or ungreatful, but are we going to have these options in game before the 800 day rewards hit?

The old variants are done. Just no costumes (not Jesse's department) and he found a bug with the "Group Unique" flag.

Jesse's part of them is done but he needs an update from the character art and systems or programming people.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    GenEricII wrote:
    12/15/2011

1/29/2012

No, but there's a bug that makes them un-commissionable when the new tech is added. Obviously we don't want that to happen, so I'm going to make sure that the bug is squashed before updating. (Yes, the bug would even affect the existing android BOFFs - rather unfortunate.)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    thanks for the update and the work, it is appreciated.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    No, but there's a bug that makes them un-commissionable when the new tech is added. Obviously we don't want that to happen, so I'm going to make sure that the bug is squashed before updating. (Yes, the bug would even affect the existing android BOFFs - rather unfortunate.)

Did I read that right? They won't make it in before the 800 day rewards go live? Yikes...
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    The android's appearance going to be customizable? When I try now, the editor displays a picture of the C-Store Fed, Female Borg Boff not a picture of the android.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

Must be a tough bug. Any update? Only 33 days until 800 for me. :/
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I, too, would like an update on this. I'm at 726 days, but have never claimed this reward. I've no interest in ENG BOs on any of my characters, but I really could use a TAC on a couple of my newish toons. Would love for that role to be filled by one of these Androids.

Please advise. :o
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It's been nearly 7 weeks since this last post. Any update, please?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'd also like an update but I wonder if the catastrophic crashes have everyone's attention for the moment...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I have the necessary tech, and I'll hook it up as soon as the costumes are ready.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I am VERY glad to know the tech is done, but may I ask about how long it might take to make those new costumes? I thought it would take < day since the uniforms shouldn't be using any new pieces, right? ...Unless they are all using new pieces for the uniforms and not just the androids themselves.