test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

700 Day Android

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    ordio wrote: »
    Curious.. is this Per Account or Per Character?

I claimed him on one toon, and noticed that i cannot get it on my others... but i have the titles for all the others...

Every character should be able to claim one.

If one of your characters can't claim the BOff you should make sure you have a spot for him. If you do then you should bug it.
    edited December 2011
    A few more days for me! Cannot wait!!!
    edited December 2011
    Every character should be able to claim one.

If one of your characters can't claim the BOff you should make sure you have a spot for him. If you do then you should bug it.

Only one of my characters can claim him... the other 5 cannot.. and they are all VA.. except for one which is cmd 6..

I don't have a spot for the android BO, but i did have a spot in my reserve list... same with the rest...
    I wasn't given the token to get him for my other toons.

I will bug it, thanks.
    [edit] No issue, i dismissed a potential boff and was able to get the android one with no issues...
    edited December 2011
    I have received the necessary tech update and I hope to deploy new versions of the androids after I return from the holidays!
    edited December 2011
    ordio wrote: »
    Curious.. is this Per Account or Per Character?

I claimed him on one toon, and noticed that i cannot get it on my others... but i have the titles for all the others...

from the Path to F2P blog #19

700 Days
    ■FREE Android bridge officer (for each character).
    ■FREE Character Slot
    ■An automatic Captain and Officer Skill Point boost of 5% when playing on a team that includes players under level 31 (Captain 1). This stacks with the 400 day veteran reward.
    edited December 2011
    jheinig wrote: »
    I have received the necessary tech update and I hope to deploy new versions of the androids after I return from the holidays!

Have a happy holiday! and remeber, moderation ;)
    edited December 2011

So this will allow for choosing gender/career? Cool.

Hmm, while discussing BOff options... any idea on when we're going to see the special BOffs (Reman, Hologram, STF Borg) become more customizable, and the ability to choose, say, Federation uniforms for KDF Diplomacy exchange officers? I know these things have been said to be planned/in the works.
    edited December 2011
    The new skill UI is Fantastic!!!

Looking good guys.

However after playing a bit my game crashed - sent in a bug report
    edited December 2011
    I know this may be difficult, but any chance that these boffs (droid, photonic...) will become alterable like the Borg boff?

Even just the uniform... I want my officers to match. I know I know... Not the most important thing at the moment. :)

Either way, have a happy holidays!! :D
    edited December 2011
    gettorix wrote: »
    I know this may be difficult, but any chance that these boffs (droid, photonic...) will become alterable like the Borg boff?

Even just the uniform... I want my officers to match. I know I know... Not the most important thing at the moment. :)

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Mark Twain
    edited December 2011

Even just the uniform... I want my officers to match. I know I know... Not the most important thing at the moment...D

Important enough though, and Cryptic knows this or they wouldn't be selling costumes in the store (which, you gotta figure, you should be able to use since you're buying them). Cryptic excels at character customization, it's what they're mainly known for and their other game (Champions Online) seems to make the bulk of their money off of selling costume pieces. Thus not being able to customize several of your characters seems like a massive omission for them.
    edited December 2011

The Android BO can be fully configured in the latest Uniform-ware... I have mine in a Jupiter Decorated Veterans top, with matching Jupiter pants ahd boot...
    edited December 2011
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Mark Twain

I strongly disagree! Some of the most influential moments of my life involved naked people.
    edited December 2011
    nvm
    /char
    edited December 2011
    convoy7734 wrote:
    What if we claimed ours already?

You can dismiss and reclaim Androids.
    edited December 2011
    this might be thinking to far ahead into the future but. when it comes time promote a 1st officer to a Playable Captain, and I know many might think, an android or Photonic Capt. would be cool. would we lose said boff, or should we be permitted to pick a new one up out of the c-store. or would we be left with a marker on that toon that states we already have that BOff?
    edited December 2011

Currently at 699.16 days as of right now.

So is it your recommendation for us to not claim this BOff until after the new year when you put in the tech that should of been implemented before well before you spent a nano-second of time putting in free advertisements for a direct competitor's product. SW:TOR

I respect that you've seen the light and will be putting in the tech now, but after the fact is never the right move. either do the job right the first time and you won't have so much backlash when you have to go back and change something. unless you make it up to those who are effected by the v0.1 release.
    edited December 2011
    That Was Way Harsh Tai.
    edited December 2011
    Currently at 699.16 days as of right now.

Rewards unlock at x99.01 so you can claim your BOff now.
    So is it your recommendation for us to not claim this BOff until after the new year when you put in the tech that should of been implemented before well before you spent a nano-second of time putting in free advertisements for a direct competitor's product. SW:TOR

I'm pretty sure (bordering on absolutely positive) the guys writing the code for this wouldn't be the same guys doing the F/X and modelling for a new weapon.
    I respect that you've seen the light and will be putting in the tech now, but after the fact is never the right move.

So you wanted them delay the reward until the code was in? Huh. Well that benefits absolutely no one.
    unless you make it up to those who are effected by the v0.1 release.

Effected? You can dismiss and reclaim Androids at your own leisure. While it could be argued that some of these people (myself included) may have spent some BOff skill points and energy credits on an initial version they'd like to trade for a newer one, ultimately those points are borderline worthless as BOff skill points and energy credits currently flow like water, enough so that If you play the game at all you will no doubt earn back what's been spent and then some between now and the update. And of course if this is late game it's almost impossible not have so much of both commidities as to make the amounts involved irrelevant, and if it's early game you are generally stuck with lower quality BOffs anyway which you will trade for better ones as you progress, meaning that typically investments at that point are wasted anway.

You can also look at that expenditure as the cost of being an early adopter, you ultimately may have spent a little more on your BOff, but you got the benefits of an Android before those who sat on their hands or didn't qualify yet.
    edited December 2011
    Rewards unlock at x99.01 so you can claim your BOff now.
    I'll log in right away and claim then. ^_^

I'm pretty sure (bordering on absolutely positive) the guys writing the code for this wouldn't be the same guys doing the F/X and modelling for a new weapon.

good point but still. it seems like a bad move. you won't see SW:TOR giving any kind of gag gift item when Secret World comes out. that level of pandering is beneath them, that's honestly the difference between a AAA MMO and a B'rate MMO. same reason why SW:TOR won't go F2P.
    So you wanted them delay the reward until the code was in? Huh. Well that benefits absolutely no one.

no, didn't say that but at the time same time, yes. If they where working for a company like Boeing and they pushed a unfinished/buggy bit of code to a flight computer. and the plain malfunctioned during a live flight, that programmer(s) would be out a job, and boeing would be out millions. One could argue that we only pay for access to the servers, and people only pay for access to the sets of a plain. but we are ( and hate using this term but it's the only fitting ) entitled to a level of quality of the product for which we pay for.
    affected? You can dismiss and reclaim Androids at your own leisure. While it could be argued that some of these people (myself included) may have spent some BOff skill points and energy credits on an initial version they'd like to trade for a newer one, ultimately those points are borderline worthless as BOff skill points and energy credits currently flow like water, enough so that If you play the game at all you will no doubt earn back what's been spent and then some between now and the update. And of course if this is late game it's almost impossible not have so much of both commidities as to make the amounts involved irrelevant, and if it's early game you are generally stuck with lower quality BOffs anyway which you will trade for better ones as you progress, meaning that typically investments at that point are wasted anway.

another good point, but I know a lot of people who have become attached to they're BOffs. and the ideal of dismissing one amounts to giving up a child for adoption because it's a girl or it didn't have the desired hair coloring. Honestly, I think the fair thing would be to do as they did with the Diplo Exchange Officer, we were able to keep the first one we got and then they changed/fixed things and let us claim a second one ( I've got a Enrg. Orian and a Tac Gorn now and love them both )
    You can also look at that expenditure as the cost of being an early adopter, you ultimately may have spent a little more on your BOff, but you got the benefits of an Android before those who sat on their hands or didn't qualify yet.

oh, I agree, I was an early adopter of Blu-ray, my first blu-ray player cost me $400 and it worked well for about a year then I had to get a new one because they stopped updating the first gen one's firmware so I couldn't watch newer titles. but I always backed BD after reading all the tech spects when it first was being developed. I knew I wanted to play STO when they first started working on the game. I came directly off SWG without touching WOW because it's the sci-fi universes that draw my passion. I can't tell you how many copies of Myst I own from Mac to CD-I to Nintend DS.
    edited December 2011
    Have a happy holiday! and remeber, moderation ;)

Moderation should be practiced in moderation.
    edited December 2011
    GenEricII wrote:

I strongly disagree! Some of the most influential moments of my life involved naked people.

LOL! I unfortunately can not relate :(
    edited December 2011
    EDIT: Sorry, found the answer I was looking for in another thread that the Forum Search didn't find but good ol' Google did :)
    edited December 2011
    GenEricII wrote:

Heh...

WITH or WITHOUT, the Paper Bag...?... <chuckle>

ALL of my most influential moments were with Nekked Peoples... :D

At least the times I remember, anyway... :eek:
    edited December 2011
    If Cryptic's going to keep adding bonus BOffs I'd prefer them to be Tactical. I already have the Lib Borg (Eng) and Photonic (Sci) with each new alt. Starting with a bonus Tac as well would complete the starting set.
    edited December 2011
    ...I'm working to get tech implemented that will let us put them all in a "unique group" that will allow you to have only one of them at a time, but put all twelve (male/female, eng/sci/tac, Fed/KE) into the game.

Incidentally, all the variants are made, we just need to work out the tech limitation.
    Cosmic_One wrote: »
    If Cryptic's going to keep adding bonus BOffs I'd prefer them to be Tactical. I already have the Lib Borg (Eng) and Photonic (Sci) with each new alt. Starting with a bonus Tac as well would complete the starting set.
    Per Jesse's posts earlier in this thread (quoted above, for your convenience :p), he had already created the tweleve BO variants, including Male & Female Tac officers, and as of yesterday now has the tech needed to let us select the Class & Gender of Android we want. We'll get this feature next year. :D

As with you, I think it keen I'll be able to start new toons with one BO each. I hadn't yet said so earlier, myself, so I'll do it now: This update pleases me. :cool:
    edited December 2011
    Per Jesse's posts earlier in this thread (quoted above, for your convenience :p), he had already created the tweleve BO variants, including Male & Female Tac officers, and as of yesterday now has the tech needed to let us select the Class & Gender of Android we want. We'll get this feature next year. :D

As with you, I think it keen I'll be able to start new toons with one BO each. I hadn't yet said so earlier, myself, so I'll do it now: This update pleases me. :cool:

There was an implication they may do that with other special BOs to keep them one of a kind per species while giving us choice of profession.
    edited January 2012

When you're back, and get this update in the "pipeline" could you post us a note and let us know? I'm waiting untill I can choose gender and class before claiming my boff. Thanks a lot for not only a cool boff, but the freedom to fully customize them!
    edited January 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    Moderation should be practiced in moderation.

First rule of Moderation Club. Don't talk about moderation.
    edited January 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

When you're back, and get this update in the "pipeline" could you post us a note and let us know? I'm waiting untill I can choose gender and class before claiming my boff. Thanks a lot for not only a cool boff, but the freedom to fully customize them!

Same here, update please!