test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

700 Day Android

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012

Still nothing on when to expect this update? Gotta work on the more important stuff, like the next chance box.
    edited March 2012
    Well that's an explanation that makes a whole lot of sense and I can stand a lot more. Thank you for providing it. Hopefully they *will* get everything sorted out and working so they can release it not too far into the future.

No, it wil go to Qa for testing when the costumes are completed.
    edited March 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

Still nothing on when to expect this update? Gotta work on the more important stuff, like the next chance box.

It's barely been 3 days since JHeinig updated!
    edited March 2012
    jheinig wrote: »

Good news. I hope the costumes are done soon and QA doesn't find any issues! :)
    edited March 2012
    It's barely been 3 days since JHeinig updated!

It's been three months since it should have been in game, and there's still no timeline! I'm referring to updating the android boff to the intended male/female. profession selectabie. The updates you'e referring to tell me nothing about when these android boffs will be in game. I don't think the trademarked "soon" is good enough when this is nearly 100 days past due.

And when will the costumes be completed? How long will qa have it for testing? How long after that before it's put in a patch?
    edited March 2012
    Dammit, Jim, I'm a designer, not a producer.

(In other words, I don't make schedules, and I don't get to dictate to the costume artists.)
    edited March 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

It's been three months since it should have been in game, and there's still no timeline! I'm referring to updating the android boff to the intended male/female. profession selectabie. The updates you'e referring to tell me nothing about when these android boffs will be in game. I don't think the trademarked "soon" is good enough when this is nearly 100 days past due.

And when will the costumes be completed? How long will qa have it for testing? How long after that before it's put in a patch?

As Jhenig says... It will take as long as it takes. If a firm date is given and QA pick up an issue which requires delaying it's release the devs will just get accused of lying. Not giving a firm date allows for that risk to occur though does cause a certain amount of consternation amongst the forumites...

Yes the delay is unfortunate but at the end of the, for me personally, I can't get bothered about a bunch of pixels.
    edited March 2012
    Is this tech going to be hooked up to some of the other special BOs? Most obviously, the Holographic one?
    edited March 2012
    is this selectable under legacy unlocks in the cstore?

lifetime from the start, just made a new character last week, and i don't remember the android boff being an option.
    edited March 2012
    Ezoran wrote: »
    is this selectable under legacy unlocks in the cstore?

lifetime from the start, just made a new character last week, and i don't remember the android boff being an option.

The Android BOff can be claimed at the Personnel desk in ESD.
    edited March 2012
    The Android BOff can be claimed at the Personnel desk in ESD.

much thanks!
    edited March 2012

(In other words, I don't make schedules, and I don't get to dictate to the costume artists.)

then tell us who to talk to about it?
    edited March 2012
    Will we be able to select race and gender?

Would love a Gorn Android. :3

I shall name him.... Mechagornzilla :3
    edited March 2012
    Will we be able to select race and gender?

Would love a Gorn Android. :3

I shall name him.... Mechagornzilla :3

If it ever gets finished race is supposed to be selectable as well as profession, I haven't heard anything about race.

v Yes, gender and profession. :eek:
    edited March 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

If it ever gets finished gender is supposed to be selectable as well as profession, I haven't heard anything about race.

Fixed it for ya. :o
    edited March 2012
    Fixed it for ya. :o

Oops! Thanks, that is what I meant. :eek:
    edited March 2012

But there's gotta be somebody you answer to who DOES make schedules and/or CAN dictate to the artists. Given the amount of time that's passed I don't think it's a lot to ask that you ask around and get some time estimates from these departments.
    edited March 2012

Calendar for April is up. Will we see female android boffs in April? Are we going to see android boff variants at all, or is the plan to just let this thread slip page by page into oblivion?
    edited March 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

Calendar for April is up. Will we see female android boffs in April? Are we going to see android boff variants at all, or is the plan to just let this thread slip page by page into oblivion?

android boff? what the hell - very lame - they still going to look like humans but with a different trait :(

I was hoping for something unique - more Alienish in design
    edited March 2012
    BlackV7 wrote:
    android boff? what the hell - very lame - they still going to look like humans but with a different trait :(

Um, you can use almost all the alien parts on it, as well as some android specific parts, IIRC. So, you can make it as human or alien as you'd like.
    edited March 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

My guess is that the work order for the Android BOff costumes fell into the same black hole that the plans for the faction pins that we saw previews of last May (another costume job) fell into. Maybe the costume guy rerouted his inbox straight into the shredder bin.
    edited March 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    edited March 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    edited March 2012
    BlackV7 wrote:

Nope. That are built using the Alien Species with all of the flexibility that Aliens have in the Tailor. And there are Android only costume pieces for the head and face. (Think data skin patches cut away like in First Contact with circuitry and blinky lights).

Rhetorical question time: Why do Andriods in Star Trek have flashing lights under their skill as a part of their circuitry, even as far back as The Original Series?
    edited April 2012

What is it now, 105 days... 110? Still NOTHING in the way of timeline, not even something as vague as "we're aiming for roll out within 90 days." Why not just be honest and admit nobody's working on this anymore and be done with it.

"Sorry folks but Cryptic/PW management has decreed that lotto boxes are top priority, cstore ships and other trinkets a close second, and brainstorming ideas for other microtransactions third. This leaves little time for any other projects. Besides, to be frank, we've gone F2P, and veteran rewards are for subscribers. Well, if you're still paying for something that's free, you're an idiot and don't deserve androids with options."
    edited April 2012
    Well, I sure hope they get it fixed soon. I'm hitting 700 in 28 days!
    edited April 2012
    Bobservo wrote:
    Well, I sure hope they get it fixed soon. I'm hitting 700 in 28 days!

What's broken about it?
    edited April 2012
    What's broken about it?

depending on when you ask that, almost anything, though the latest appears to be costumes again.
    edited April 2012
    What's broken about it?

They apparently have the tech ready, but not the costumes. Although, that information was posted a while ago so it might be already for all I know.
    edited April 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

"Sorry folks but Cryptic/PW management has decreed that lotto boxes are top priority, cstore ships and other trinkets a close second, and brainstorming ideas for other microtransactions third. This leaves little time for any other projects. Besides, to be frank, we've gone F2P, and veteran rewards are for subscribers. Well, if you're still paying for something that's free, you're an idiot and don't deserve androids with options."

It's like TB said, they have a "eh, good enough" mentality about a lot of the things they do.
    Tumerboy wrote: »
    Perhaps we do a poor job in knowing our audience, and thus don't expect you guys to go over to every console with your cameras zoomed in all the way. If we stand our characters in the center of the bridge, and everything looks pretty good from there, guess what? That's probably done.

Good Enough?
    Ya, I guess it has to be.
    :/

It wouldn't strike me as out of the ordinary for them to have done the same with Androids. Cryptic is also notorious or releasing something broken and/or unfinished and then just ignoring it in favour of making new shinies, despite the number of bug reports or calls from forum users for the issue(s) to be addressed.

To be fair, though, they do sometimes address issues with the broken things they release. Eventually.