Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    jheinig wrote: »
    Here is the problem:

* Get 700 day vet reward
    * Claim male engineering android
    * Then go claim female science android, since that is a different critter
    * Then go claim male tactical android, since that is a different critter.

. . . and so on.

I'm working to get tech implemented that will let us put them all in a "unique group" that will allow you to have only one of them at a time, but put all twelve (male/female, eng/sci/tac, Fed/KE) into the game.

Incidentally, all the variants are made, we just need to work out the tech limitation.

Sounds like an awesome thing to get fixed.. Especially since it could actually open up the "special" Boffs a bit.. being able to choose one day, among male or female Breen.. or Remans. Once this underlying "unlock ONE of group" tech exists, it could open up a totally new option in terms of CStore unlocks. Buying a Boff of a certain species, automatically unlocking all possible permutations. (I'm looking at you, Liberated Borg, Aenar, and Catian Boffs).

And another avenue for revenue for Cryptic. Take your chances with the ingame methods for unlocking certain boffs of certain Genders and Species, or pony up some CPoints for that exclusive "crew of Vulcans" that you had in mind.
    edited December 2011
    I got mine today, and I have to say I like it. The visuals seem to be head only but they're not bad given the fact you can customize the rest of them like a normal alien boff. It doesn't make up for all the horrible things cryptic is doing but at least it's not just one more slap in the face to the fans. That's almost a positive thing, yeah?
    edited December 2011
    ...I'm working to get tech implemented that will let us put them all in a "unique group" that will allow you to have only one of them at a time, but put all twelve (male/female, eng/sci/tac, Fed/KE) into the game.

Incidentally, all the variants are made, we just need to work out the tech limitation.
    Thanks Jesse. I'm sorry to harp on this, but when you say you're "working to get tech implemented" does that mean someone (you?) is currently developing this or do you just mean you're trying to get this on someone's schedule? If the former, do you guys expect this to be an "easy" type of thing that's only weeks-out or harder on the months(plus)-out scale?

Just curious. I'm a little under two months from my 700 Days, and I'm all full up on Engineers and Sci... I really could go for a Tac myself... :D

And if I have your attention, maybe you could explain/answer...
    ...It has Superior Senses, Superior Creative, Reboot (which lets it revive itself at 50% health once every ten minutes) and an Android trait that makes it resistant to healing/confuses/toxic etc. very much like photonic officers and also gives it a melee damage bonus.
    How exactly does "Creative" (Superior, or otherwise) work on BOs? They don't have kits...?

:confused:
    edited December 2011
    0Gambit0 wrote: »
    That thing is gross looking

It's just the default Alien look with some tech glued on his face. Create an Alien captain, you'll see.
    Here is the problem:

* Get 700 day vet reward

. . . and so on.

I'm working to get tech implemented that will let us put them all in a "unique group" that will allow you to have only one of them at a time, but put all twelve (male/female, eng/sci/tac, Fed/KE) into the game.

Thanks for the clarification, J.

Can I ask if this may possibly lead to us getting Female Aliens (not Common Unknown Species) at some point as well? I've been waiting for those since launch.

:cool:
    edited December 2011
    How exactly does "Creative" (Superior, or otherwise) work on BOs? They don't have kits...?

For BOffs Creative enhances all BOff Ground skills, IIRC, which are all Kit skills for captains.

edited December 2011

Increases power damage and healing I'd imagine. Not sure why the power specifies kits, perhaps it doesn't apply to level-based abilities like Tricorder Scan for Science Captains.
    edited December 2011
    Ok Guys, I am about 225 days from this but I have to know...

Can you customize the uniform at least?

Matt
    edited December 2011

Matt

The uniform, the face, the body size and stance, yes, you can customize everything.

edited December 2011

Matt

Yep you can.
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jesse. I'm sorry to harp on this, but when you say you're "working to get tech implemented" does that mean someone (you?) is currently developing this or do you just mean you're trying to get this on someone's schedule? If the former, do you guys expect this to be an "easy" type of thing that's only weeks-out or harder on the months(plus)-out scale?

Just curious. I'm a little under two months from my 700 Days, and I'm all full up on Engineers and Sci... I really could go for a Tac myself... :D

And if I have your attention, maybe you could explain/answer...

In brief:
    1. When we say "we need tech" that means that we need a programmer to implement some code. I can't speak to the difficulty of doing so because I don't work with the low-level code. I know that restricting items is tricky (because it involves server interlocks). I am hoping to get one of our programmers working on this Soon (TM) but probably not Very Soon (TM).

2. The Creative trait affects any power that comes from a kit and does healing or damage. Any power that you can get as a kit power on your captain counts for this purpose when it is on a BOFF. Thus, Vascular Regenerator (to pick a simple example) gets a heal bonus from the Creative trait, and thus if your captain uses it from a kit, the bonus applies; if a science BOFF uses it as a BOFF power, the bonus applies.
    edited December 2011
    2. The Creative trait affects any power that comes from a kit and does healing or damage. Any power that you can get as a kit power on your captain counts for this purpose when it is on a BOFF. Thus, Vascular Regenerator (to pick a simple example) gets a heal bonus from the Creative trait, and thus if your captain uses it from a kit, the bonus applies; if a science BOFF uses it as a BOFF power, the bonus applies.

Thanks for explaining that. That is definitely something that needs better explanation for F2P launch. I had assumed that it meant the BOFF's received a bonus from when I use a kit with that power- thus being much more limited than what you said above.

Add this and C-Store descriptions/restrictions to the "things that need much better explanation" list for Jan 18th.

Cheers.
    edited December 2011
    In brief:
    1. When we say "we need tech" that means that we need a programmer to implement some code. I can't speak to the difficulty of doing so because I don't work with the low-level code. I know that restricting items is tricky (because it involves server interlocks). I am hoping to get one of our programmers working on this Soon (TM) but probably not Very Soon (TM)...
    I understand. THANK YOU for the explanation. I know you don't have to spend your free time here in the forums, so you doing so to (effectively) teach me (us) about how your developing works, is much appreciated. :D
    So basically what I've always guessed, and you've proved right what Lord Blackavaar and HappyHappyJoyJoy have said. It's just confusing because it says "kit" in the BO Trait's Tooltip instead of just saying BO Power for BOs. Well, groovy, that turns out to be a nifty trait afterall. Especially for turret spawning Engie BOs... :)
    edited December 2011
    In brief:
    1. When we say "we need tech" that means that we need a programmer to implement some code. I can't speak to the difficulty of doing so because I don't work with the low-level code. I know that restricting items is tricky (because it involves server interlocks). I am hoping to get one of our programmers working on this Soon (TM) but probably not Very Soon (TM).

It sounds like it does, but to double check. Does creative increase the power of the Boffs pets, such as drones and turrets?

Thanks.
    edited December 2011
    Anyone know how to claim the android? I have searched the c-store and nothing! Also I didn't get an extra character slot.

Lastly does anyone know when the lifers will get their stipend? Other people already have theirs!
    edited December 2011
    zebarc wrote: »
    Anyone know how to claim the android? I have searched the c-store and nothing! Also I didn't get an extra character slot.

Lastly does anyone know when the lifers will get their stipend? Other people already have theirs!

Elsa Mora on Spacedock. She's the BOff vendor.

That's for a Federation character. Don't know for the Empire.
    edited December 2011
    Ok, got the title only, checked my account and says subscribed for 699.19 days! So probably have to wait till tommorow.
    edited December 2011
    In one sense, I'm a bit disappointed that player's can only have one Android Boff at a time. I know more than one player who hoped to flesh out a whole BO set with Androids as the dominant species.

Might a version of lesser Traits become available later? One that might present broader opportunity for player's, yet not a game balance risk? Something anyone could choose to unlock regardless of veteran status? At a minimum, I'd like to see a broader art asset unlock for these. Along with the 7 of 9 Borg hand. We never did get that (the Borg hand) for characters of the male gender.
    edited December 2011
    Of course, I have to ask why, if they could only put out one android currently, they put out a male one?

We have one Female - the Borg Eng.

The other 4 are male - Breen, Reman, Holo, and KA Borg. So, this makes 5 males now to one female.

How about a little more equality on the BOFF scene? Especially in light of the fact the female androids are already done?
    edited December 2011
    Here is the problem:

* Get 700 day vet reward

. . . and so on.

I woke up this morning with a burning need to request that the android be a tactical BO, because we already have two reward-based BOs, one that is science (the photonic from the referral program) and one that is engineering (the borg from the Amazon pre-order).

Having the ability to choose is better, though. :)

And I like that you can't fill out your entire senior staff with androids. (Likely, not many people like that, but I do.)
    edited December 2011
    Destinii wrote:
    Of course, I have to ask why, if they could only put out one android currently, they put out a male one?

We have one Female - the Borg Eng.

The other 4 are male - Breen, Reman, Holo, and KA Borg. So, this makes 5 males now to one female.

How about a little more equality on the BOFF scene? Especially in light of the fact the female androids are already done?

Obviously they're going to follow the quintessential examples.
    edited December 2011
    There are certain tech hurdles to giving out reclaimable unique BOFFs like the android or the liberated Borg, which is why we have to offer it in one gender and career right now. (The veteran isn't reclaimable, you only ever get one, so it wasn't an issue there.) I'm hoping that we can get the code team to address this at some point so that I could make all the different versions available.

Any chance you give the Hologram BOff the same customization as the Android has?
    As well as giving the Khitomer Accord Borg, Reman and Breen some customization options too?
    edited December 2011
    Simale wrote:
    Any chance you give the Hologram BOff the same customization as the Android has?
    As well as giving the Khitomer Accord Borg, Reman and Breen some customization options too?

Added customization was supposed to be coming. In fact, it was one of the reasons given for the Gorn update (to allow the enemy BOffs attained through Diplomacy to be able to wear Federation Uniforms and the like).
    edited December 2011
    How do you claim the android boff?? I have searched the c-store and can't find it :(

I imagine I am overlooking something.
    edited December 2011
    How do you claim the android boff?? I have searched the c-store and can't find it :(

Not in yet. Androids are done, but ability to pick gender and class is not possible yet. So we can either get one android that we can't change their gender or class to what we want or we wait.
    edited December 2011

It's not in the C-Store. You claim it via the BOff store (on either ESD or Quo'noS). It's under Special, should be at the bottom of the list, below the C-Store BOffs.
    edited December 2011
    starkaos wrote: »
    Not in yet. Androids are done, but ability to pick gender and class is not possible yet. So we can either get one android that we can't change their gender or class to what we want or we wait.

i would rather wait...and get what we was meant to -.-

so its not a 700 day reward, it will be a 7xx reward. lol :rolleyes:
    edited December 2011
    mhighison wrote: »
    Visually, you will be able to chose gender, and you will get the full range of options that Aliens currently have, so you can have them look like whatever sort of Android you want. (Plus, we are working on a couple more bits to add on)

any new on when we get this, or a rough time frame?
    edited December 2011
    Curious.. is this Per Account or Per Character?

I claimed him on one toon, and noticed that i cannot get it on my others... but i have the titles for all the others...