test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

700 Day Android

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Can some one give us a screen shots and tell us how can you edit it?
    edited December 2011
    Cerritouru wrote: »
    Can some one give us a screen shots and tell us how can you edit it?

It's an alien which you can customize however you want, like any other alien except with a few unique head attaches that are basically exposed electronics. So a screenshot wouldn't serve a purpose.

It has Superior Senses, Superior Creative, Reboot (which lets it revive itself at 50% health once every ten minutes) and an Android trait that makes it resistant to healing/confuses/toxic etc. very much like photonic officers and also gives it a melee damage bonus.
    edited December 2011
    It's an alien which you can customize however you want, like any other alien except with a few unique head attaches that are basically exposed electronics. So a screenshot wouldn't serve a purpose.

It has Superior Senses, Superior Creative, Reboot (which lets it revive itself at 50% health once every ten minutes) and an Android trait that makes it resistant to healing/confuses/toxic etc. very much like photonic officers and also gives it a melee damage bonus.

And do they give you any hint on the history? Is a soong type?
    edited December 2011
    Android is now available in the BOff store. It's an Engineer.

By the BOff store do you mean the C-Store or the area on ESD where you can purchase BOffs?
    edited December 2011
    Cerritouru wrote: »
    And do they give you any hint on the history? Is a soong type?

You click "Buy" in the BOff store menu and select any appearance you want from Aliengen. There's no story there. So it's whatever type you want it to be, though it's as tough to get a Soong colouring as it's always been in Aliengen.
    edited December 2011
    By the BOff store do you mean the C-Store or the area on ESD where you can purchase BOffs?

ESD (or Quo'noS I suppose if you're playing Red, only picked it up on one character so far). It's under "Special" I believe. Same spot you get veterans.
    edited December 2011
    frak wrote: »
    Yet only male when we were told we would be able to choose gender.

No such thing as a female android. Then it would be a gynoid. ;)
    edited December 2011
    Elsa Mora (the BOff vendor) on Spacedock has the Android officer.

The BOff vendor in Operations on Deep Space 9 does NOT have the Android.

I'd love clarification on the gender choice issue for this BOff.
    edited December 2011
    Capulet wrote: »
    No such thing as a female android. Then it would be a gynoid. ;)

If we weren't already posting on a Star Trek gaming board, I would totally point at you and shout "Neeerd!" ;)
    edited December 2011
    Dammit, no Lal for my crew.:(
    edited December 2011
    There are certain tech hurdles to giving out reclaimable unique BOFFs like the android or the liberated Borg, which is why we have to offer it in one gender and career right now. (The veteran isn't reclaimable, you only ever get one, so it wasn't an issue there.) I'm hoping that we can get the code team to address this at some point so that I could make all the different versions available.
    edited December 2011
    jheinig wrote: »
    There are certain tech hurdles to giving out reclaimable unique BOFFs like the android or the liberated Borg, which is why we have to offer it in one gender and career right now. (The veteran isn't reclaimable, you only ever get one, so it wasn't an issue there.) I'm hoping that we can get the code team to address this at some point so that I could make all the different versions available.

Really, you can have Unknown Species that come in Male or Female, but you need some special code to add a Female Android selection?

:cool:
    edited December 2011
    Only 8 days till I hit 700, don’t be late with my Android and where’s my Stipend :p
    edited December 2011
    Why can it not be a token system like Diplomacy or the Caitian/Aenar system?
    edited December 2011
    temprus wrote: »
    Why can it not be a token system like Diplomacy or the Caitian/Aenar system?

Because it's a vet reward, you are allowed to reclaim the BOFF if you discard it. This means that it's unlocked in the store simply by virtue of being a 700-day veteran. No token is used, because it's not a one-time-only deal.
    edited December 2011
    If we weren't already posting on a Star Trek gaming board, I would totally point at you and shout "Neeerd!" ;)

You know something and you are a nerd, not that bad imo. You don't know something and you are ignorant or any number of similar and less tasteful words. I think I will chose the lesser of two evils thank you. :)*Dances out*
    edited December 2011
    Because it's a vet reward, you are allowed to reclaim the BOFF if you discard it. This means that it's unlocked in the store simply by virtue of being a 700-day veteran. No token is used, because it's not a one-time-only deal.

So this means I should just wait until we have more choices?
    Capulet wrote: »
    You know something and you are a nerd, not that bad imo. You don't know something and you are ignorant or any number of similar and less tasteful words. I think I will chose the lesser of two evils thank you. :)*Dances out*

Um. You realize I was just joking with you, right? I was calling us all nerds? Myself included?
    edited December 2011
    Um. You realize I was just joking with you, right? I was calling us all nerds? Myself included?

yup yup. *raspberries* Isn't interwebs fun?

So if we just don't claim our 700 day reward may we hang on to it until the boff is complete?
    edited December 2011

No, go ahead and grab one now. If we gain the ability to give different versions in the future, then you should be able to discard your current one and get a different one instead.
    edited December 2011

Not really seeing as how you can dismiss and reclaim. Thus there's not much point to holding off unless you're incredibly concerned about tiny amounts of energy credits and BOff skill points.
    edited December 2011

You probably already thought of this but what if you would give us a token via the C-Store? If we don't have a token or a 700 day boff we can get one. So basically the same as with the vet boff, only difference we can get the token over and over again.

Actually you don't even have to check if someone has a 700 day BO to give him the token. You only have to check this if someone wants to get the BO.
    edited December 2011
    Not really seeing as how you can dismiss and reclaim. Thus there's not much point to holding off unless you're incredibly concerned about tiny amounts of energy credits and BOff skill points.

No no. I guess my point is: if originally we're told we get two genders and we get one, why should I trust that if I take an Android now I'll be able to get a different one in the future?

However, if you're saying you're able to demonstrably dismiss this one and get a new one, I suppose that's a different story.
    edited December 2011
    Not to harp on the issue; however, you’d think that all the team members working on this MMO would be well versed in its limitations.

I was greatly looking forward to having many options on what to do with my Android and now it seems that I may have no choice but to take a class that I don’t need and dump one of my long time current officers for to make use of it.

I hope to goodness it’s not an Engineer……

I hope that this gender and class customization issue gets works out and all who get stuck with this current Android be given an option to drop it and reclaim the newer one.
    edited December 2011
    How hard is it to make 6 options? Just make it either Male or Female, then either Tac, Sci or Eng. If can be cleverly disguised as an Alien, so we can customize it any way we want. Do we really have to have a Data army?

And since it's based on the reward and not token system. It can be random and we just discard and reclaim till we get the one we want.

I want a female engineer or science android boff. Preferably science boff.
    edited December 2011
    Kingdox wrote: »
    Can anyone post a screen shot of it? I'm still 10 days away from 700.

http://imageshack.us/g/97/attach9b.jpg/

Here are some pics of the 'default' look of the BO. There are 9 different "Tech Attachements" that you can choose from.
    edited December 2011
    PhiloPhi wrote:

Here are some pics of the 'default' look of the BO. There are 9 different "Tech Attachements" that you can choose from.

Thanks, Phi.
    edited December 2011
    PhiloPhi wrote:

That thing is gross looking
    edited December 2011
    No, go ahead and grab one now. If we gain the ability to give different versions in the future, then you should be able to discard your current one and get a different one instead.

By the way, JHeinig, I appreciate that you guys got this in for us. And especially appreciate that the Android has access to aliengen parts and its own unique parts.

I was just disappointed because I had a place in my bridge crew that I was very much hoping could be filled by a female android. It would just work so well with the story I'm developing for my crew.

So I hope you didn't take my questions as being too harsh.

Thanks.
    edited December 2011
    Here is the problem:

* Get 700 day vet reward
    * Claim male engineering android
    * Then go claim female science android, since that is a different critter
    * Then go claim male tactical android, since that is a different critter.

. . . and so on.

I'm working to get tech implemented that will let us put them all in a "unique group" that will allow you to have only one of them at a time, but put all twelve (male/female, eng/sci/tac, Fed/KE) into the game.

Incidentally, all the variants are made, we just need to work out the tech limitation.
    edited December 2011
    I already know it'll more than likely be an "Automated personal unit" hence the recent doff addition. they've already said lots of times that soong types cannot be added as CBS said so.