Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 20, 2011

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    hey we need a update please for crafting you guys going to fix it or what?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    we NEED A UPDATE ON TRIBBLE....

plus i think the doff system would be great if you moved it to holodeck now.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    we NEED A UPDATE ON TRIBBLE....

plus i think the doff system would be great if you moved it to holodeck now.

No offense, but repeatedly stating that we need an update isnt going to make one magically appear. But, considering we usually get them on tuesdays or thursdays, we will probably get one tommorrow, so please be patient.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Is it just me or is anyone else worried about what little surprises await us in tomorrows patch?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    also, moving the DOFF system to holodeck now would be game-breaking. It's unbalanced, still buggy, and the rewards are completely out of whack. If it goes up in the next 3-4 weeks, it'll still be too soon.

We already had the game released before it was done, let's not repeat the same mistake with the minigame.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    pyrotech2 wrote: »
    also, moving the DOFF system to holodeck now would be game-breaking. It's unbalanced, still buggy, and the rewards are completely out of whack. If it goes up in the next 3-4 weeks, it'll still be too soon.

We already had the game released before it was done, let's not repeat the same mistake with the minigame.

i dont know how long you have been playing the game. i have been since beta. they have always put stuff out buggy. some really bad like season 2 was the worst. and trust me when i say this good for there standards. Now we havnt had no content for months on top of months throwing money down a hole. i would like some thing. its time. trust me its time.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    they havnt said if they are doing a patch tomrrow. at this point i'm upset that they are not doing any thing. well it looks like that. i know there working hard. but i a patch for tribble should been there yesterday to fix the crafting and they did nothing...

sorry i'm just upset that there not giving us nothing... and some of us are very loyal.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    they havnt said if they are doing a patch tomrrow. at this point i'm upset that they are not doing any thing. well it looks like that. i know there working hard. but i a patch for tribble should been there yesterday to fix the crafting and they did nothing...

sorry i'm just upset that there not giving us nothing... and some of us are very loyal.

Actually if you look at the calendar on the website they have 3 different things planned to drop tommorrow. Granted, things don always go as planned when it comes to calendar releases, but im betting we will see something tommorrow. Like I said, please be patient
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    If you're going to update crafting, could you add antiproton consoles to the vendor? I don't know why antiproton users are punished for not having an accessible vendor for their consoles. (Also maybe add consoles to the STF vendor would be nice too).
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    i dont know how long you have been playing the game. i have been since beta. they have always put stuff out buggy. some really bad like season 2 was the worst. and trust me when i say this good for there standards. Now we havnt had no content for months on top of months throwing money down a hole. i would like some thing. its time. trust me its time.

And you say its ready? Heck people still are going on about why their doff dispeared. Also this is a huge series of changes, Skill revamp anyone? Oh wait that is on the scuhdule. Now *if* you would rather have the policy of give me the shiny new toy now and fix it later, which I see more and more people do, instead going on the *test* server and finding those issues, by all means go complain to the devs that gave you youre wish.

I am in no way defending either party, just stating i dont want to deal wiht more then I sould have to, yes the doff system is still buggy, rewards and numbers are whcaked on it, and still needs more testing. as well as many ather things to boot.

I much rather have the finished producted that works, then have it half baked. Yes we have had...issues in that deperment. Hopefully they'll finish the product before it drops, if not...oh well.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    "We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on 10.27.2011 from 7:00AM to 9:00AM PDT (1400 to 1600 UTC) for an update; additionally, the Star Trek Online website will be offline for maintenance, including forums. We will provide an update once the maintenance has been completed."

So new update definitely comming later... hopefully an answer to all the questions here ad on the last tribble maintenance report.

Personally I'm hoping they'll remove the dilithium from crafting and replace with EC. I'd rather not have to intensely grind dilithium for several hours a day when I could spend those hours doing other more productive things in-game - like having fun - and I don't want to spend money to buy CP just to buy dilithium just so i can craft/buy good equipment, when I could spend said-CP on customising my characters.

Also I don't like the half-arsed consoleification for the Excelsior's Traswarp powers. I hope that one's addressed as well.

We need answers with the update as well as a list of what they've done. Also, a new news article would have been nice as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I hope they also include the ship convert. I ported over my holodeck eng with the excelsior retrofit. I didnt get the console for it. Don't know if that is good or bad but i would like to see it to test it. I also don't didnt get the quad cannons for my defiant retrofit either. Not sure how to get those. I can't repurchase both ships - it wont let me.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Its a bug, file a report on that at best, as to the dil sink, it was retardly easy to craft the gear, now they just added a discrougament to it, suggestion...pool all the mats toether and mass craft :P
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Shkelton wrote: »
    I hope they also include the ship convert. I ported over my holodeck eng with the excelsior retrofit. I didnt get the console for it. Don't know if that is good or bad but i would like to see it to test it. I also don't didnt get the quad cannons for my defiant retrofit either. Not sure how to get those. I can't repurchase both ships - it wont let me.

The quad cannon's don't come with the defiant retrofit, they come with the Sao Paulo class(second defiant in ds9) it is not available yet, the cannons level and once have Sao Paulo can use its model on your defiant R
    Saw it on stoke very nice 3d model a lot better than present one.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    "We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on 10.27.2011 from 7:00AM to 9:00AM PDT (1400 to 1600 UTC) for an update; additionally, the Star Trek Online website will be offline for maintenance, including forums. We will provide an update once the maintenance has been completed."

So new update definitely comming later... hopefully an answer to all the questions here ad on the last tribble maintenance report.

Personally I'm hoping they'll remove the dilithium from crafting and replace with EC. I'd rather not have to intensely grind dilithium for several hours a day when I could spend those hours doing other more productive things in-game - like having fun - and I don't want to spend money to buy CP just to buy dilithium just so i can craft/buy good equipment, when I could spend said-CP on customising my characters.

Also I don't like the half-arsed consoleification for the Excelsior's Traswarp powers. I hope that one's addressed as well.

We need answers with the update as well as a list of what they've done. Also, a new news article would have been nice as well.

Judging by the Calendar, I'm going to guess that it's so they can patch in the Skill Revamp. And maybe get the Sabre & Raider ships out to the C-Store.

Just a wild guess though.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    they all look like good updates/fixes, but i just wish you didnt have to have 3 ppl to start a private STF. mainly cuz me and my friend got the timing down (in infected) for the consoles and we were almost able to beat it as a 2 man team.

but oh well, its more fun to include other people, 2 manning is more for ego stroking :p
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    . - wrong thread
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Dev can you confirm/deny that the guys in black around adirmal dvak are wearing kellerun armor? also how do I trade in rare borg salvage??
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Dev can you confirm/deny that the guys in black around adirmal dvak are wearing kellerun armor? also how do I trade in rare borg salvage??
    I hear if you READ all will be unveiled.
This discussion has been closed.