What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 20, 2011

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    The problem with crating is that it is not crafting, its just an item exchange. Instead of making it an actual crafting system, they slaped some dil cost onto it to make it more time consuming. Its easier.

Best crafting bare none, SWG, Fallen Earth is also very good. But this?
    A joke and with the dil costs not even a bad joke.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    bought the Ki'tang, since there's no normal captain bop on tribble, didn't get a console, dropped the ship, went to pick it up again, requested I re-purchase it for full price. I demand a refund of my test points kindly so I can get a functioning captain bop.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Heezdedjim wrote:
    It should also cost 100 DL just to log in, and 500 DL to log out. And it should be 50 DL for every zone change.

Please, don't give them any new ideas about this Dilithium thing. It is already bad as it is :mad:.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Crafting should be:

Learn Crafting Skills
    Choose what to make
    Make or buy schematic
    Get components (samples and items)
    Make
    Use/Sell

no other game I know of makes you spend any type of currency to craft items

Add to that the fact that the Dilithium pricing is ludicrous (such that many will likely never be able to afford to craft a full set of items)

Crafting = Dead (I certainly don't do it any more... and now my fleet crafters refuse to do it too!)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Well, on the subject of the crafting let's all go post the feedback in the f2p path thread.
    here.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Accurate. Since those powers wouldnt be swappable to another ship there was no real need to make it a console.

Surely the Excelsior Transwarp power (T5) is not swappable to another ship, so why is it made a console?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Firix wrote:
    Surely the Excelsior Transwarp power (T5) is not swappable to another ship, so why is it made a console?

This. Excelsior lost too much with this change.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I copied my character and it had the Excelsior retrofit. When will the conversion happen?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The Phalanx and Decoit Orion ships are using the same graphic in the c-store... or do they look exactly the same?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ellbristow wrote: »
    Add to that the fact that the Dilithium pricing is ludicrous (such that many will likely never be able to afford to craft a full set of items)

30 Tetryon particles + schematic for a blue Mk V?
    Above + 1k Dilithium for a blue Mk VI? (v 3.6k store price)

20 Tachyon's + schematic for a blue Mk IX?
    Above + 9k Dilithium for a blue Mk X?? (v 15k store price)

GEE, that's TERRIBLE. We should all quit now, as no one can possibly afford those prices.
    Nevermind that I earned 33k Dilithium in less than three hours. Crafting, and STO in general, is RUINED.
    Seriously.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    [*]T5 Intrepid Retrofit
    • Ablative Generator is now a Console item.
    • Added Engineering Console Slot.

the console item should be equipable at all sience ships
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Nice to see plenty of Fixes included as well as additions and iterations based on constructive feedback.

This is what we like to see.

p.s. Any chance we can have a nod if further character copies might be decided upon (based off initial economy fluctuations from the first lot being created?) I ask because I made a mistake and I'd like to test the brains out of tribble.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    -Jes- wrote:
    30 Tetryon particles + schematic for a blue Mk V?
    Above + 1k Dilithium for a blue Mk VI? (v 3.6k store price)

20 Tachyon's + schematic for a blue Mk IX?
    Above + 9k Dilithium for a blue Mk X?? (v 15k store price)

GEE, that's TERRIBLE. We should all quit now, as no one can possibly afford those prices.
    Nevermind that I earned 33k Dilithium in less than three hours. Crafting, and STO in general, is RUINED.
    Seriously.

Well remember as well that they will require refined dilithium and not ore. So unless the refine cap is raised, removed or negated in some way with a cstore boost or event buff.... it will be another tough choice for people potentially.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    <Reads Release notes...>
    The T3 Excel gets a TW Console, a Console Slot, and a modest Efficiency Skill buff. You're taking it out of the EC Game Store and putting it in the C-Store making it a P2W Tier+1 ship. So, I guess that's on par. I'm actually ok with that.

But then Wha-?!? :eek: Why are you nerfing the T5 Excelsior?!? :mad:
    The T5 Excel gets a TW Console, but NO added Console Slot.
    This doesn't appear to be an oversight, rather a conscious intention. Why? Nearly every other C-Store ship got an extra slot, including the T3, why didn't the T5 Excel? This means at the very least I have to lose a bank and/or inventory cell to keep my TW powers, but wait... :mad:

The T5 Excel loses three TW destinations.
    I just don't even know what to say about this. Please explain it to me. The mass-TW was the whole reason I bought the ship. Sacreligious as it may be, I've never liked the look of the Excelsior! Near as I can figure it's some sort of scam to get me to buy the T3 and, what, lose another slot and/or inventory cell? God if you're going to do that, do it right, and at least throw in an extra Console slot to encourage me to carry both Consoles. :mad:

So what does that leave me:
    A C-Store ship for which I paid a full-priced $15 of Real World Money that either:
    A) Has no special abilities at all, meaning I got a skin for $15.
    B) To get 2/3 of my TW back I have to give up an existing console to slot the T5 TW Console, and get a negligible boost to ship's power as a consolation.
    C) To get all my TW back, I have to buy another ship, give up another console to slot the T3 TW Console with an even smaller power boost.
    Where's the upside?

You know, I just can't believe this... I was trying to have hope. I was trying to assume things would get better. But Sweet Jumpin' Jebus on a Pogo Stick!!! - This up/down BS is for the birds... I so want to be happy about the DOff system, about Klingon Acadamy, about the Tour game and STF changes. Heck, prior to this completely unreasonable, unnecessary, and uncool nerf to the Excel, I was even getting on board with the P2W T+1 Ships.

You see, I've got money to spend. I'm far from rich, but I've got disposable income to pay my share into your coffers. Check my account, you'll see I already have. I was actually getting seduced my your wiley charms and wares. I liked the idea of modualized powers that could be slotted or not. I was planning to buy a couple of those neat new ships Captain Logan has been working on.
    If these Excel changes reach Holodeck, I will NEVER BUY from Cryptic again,
    You will prove that when you buy from Cryptic they sell you X, then later change it to X-z.

That means no more C-Store purchases here in STO (or in CO), or any other game you ever release. No more multi-hardcopies of new games, no more friend referrals, no more LTS/subs. You don't want to lose a customer like me, I'm just what you want. I've got an addictive personality, I'm a collector (even of digital "things"), and there's that disposable income I mentioned. This isn't a threat. It's a calm promise.
    Do the Right Thing. Fix it:
    Put back all nine TW powers to the T5 Excel.
    Either put the TWs back to being just click powers, or give us an extra Console slot.
    You can take or leave the Performance Skill buff. It's nice to have, but I don't care about it.

Sincerely,
    PatricianVetinari

P.S. I was gonna comment on the Dilithium Crafting Fail, but F-it... For now, suffice it to say I'm against it.

10/31 Update: The Excel due to be restored.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Do the Right Thing. Fix it:
    Put back all nine TW powers to the T5 Excel.
    Either put the TWs back to being just click powers, or give us an extra Console slot.
    You can take or leave the Performance Skill buff. It's nice to have, but I don't care about it.

Sincerely,
    PatricianVetinari

P.S. I was gonna comment on the Dilithium Crafting Fail, but F-it... For now, suffice it to say I'm against it.

You know, once upon a time, when the Galaxy-X was kinda powerful, and when the Excelsior was about to go into the C-Store with a much more powerful BOff layout.... Cryptic had said that the new BOff layout of the Excelsior was going to be representative of the changes made to existing and future ships. I noted that it would be extremely difficult to change ships once they were bought on the C-Store because people had paid real money for them. Once you sell something to someone, it's really shaky ground to reach over and change it, since it's no longer, strictly speaking, what they bought. So I felt, that any changes to the ships would have to be done BEFORE it got put onto the C-Store, since changing it after it's been in the C-Store and been bought by people would be ethically shaky, set a bad precedent, and just be plain scuzzy. Ergo, Cryptic wouldn't do that.

Wow, was I wrong.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    If the Defiant and Galaxy class are gaining a console slot then they should certainly be converting their specials into consoles. You can't just give something that significant for nothing. Balance is hard to achieve but you guys are making it way harder than it has to be...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ellbristow wrote: »
    Crafting should be:

Learn Crafting Skills
    Choose what to make
    Make or buy schematic
    Get components (samples and items)
    Make
    Use/Sell

no other game I know of makes you spend any type of currency to craft items

Crafting = Dead (I certainly don't do it any more... and now my fleet crafters refuse to do it too!)

I agree 100%.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I must have missed something - how do I get that console for my excelsior retrofit? I copied it over from Holodeck.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The new interact image I like. However I think both the moving gears AND the flashing line is just too much.

I feel the slow flashing line currently on Holodeck is more than enough and was even way back when it first was implemented. As they say "If it ain't broke don't fix it". The gears are almost too out of place.

If you really want to help me find glowies on a map, instead of putting a glowing icon that, on very bright maps, will get washed out and lost anyway, make it so the interactive object has the current visual from Holodeck as well as an icon on the map/mini-map. Otherwise don't mess with it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, I just got this update (and looking forward to testing all the new stuff out) and decided to see how much dilithium was needed to craft now. Hmm, I'm not sure I'm liking it, to be honest. I've been doing Science DOff Assignments and some sample gathering (*LOVE* the new Multiphasic events, btw! :D) to outfit my Tribble character's ship, and now I have to do what I have been doing *AND* spend ~15k per weapon & ~8k per console on top of that?

W o w

(<
    Zorg is Disappoint.)

(I'm saving my torches and pitchforks for later, though, as I am hoping that you guys will trim it way back, being a test server and all. I would love to not see it as a requirement at all, to be honest, but if it *must* be included, it is waaaay too high at the moment. I know that transferred characters and post-F2P new characters will apparently be swimming in the Dilitihium, but that's a pretty major change to throw into what is already a pretty dull crafting system. I think I remember Stormy posting about how we have some crafting changes coming up that we'll be excited about, but surely this wasn't a part of those, heh... Anyway, back to the new build!)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I sure hope dilithium.... i mean the dollar never becomes inflated. Then how would we craft?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I will not be playing on tribble till this crafting thing is fixed! that means no dilithium
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Nooooo!!!! Those are great release notes except that it takes Dilithium now to craft!!!! That is crazy!!! It might fly with the FTP people, because they don't know anything different, but for those that have been here for awhile, it is terrible, get rid of it please!!!! Thank you!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Well, here's some feedback, other than saying that the new crafting is a complete abomination:

1) For the DOFF, when you fill the slot for a mission, I wish it would revert back to before when it would move to the next open slot instead of staying in the same slot.
    2) The new Klingon Academy is beautiful
    3) I hate the Excelsior changes. I think the transwarp should be devices, not consoles since Excelsior doesn't get a new slot. You should also have all the transwarps in the Tier 5 version and not get gimped (and/or also getting the "missing" transwarp areas in the Tier 5).
    4) Where's the Sao Paolo? That's the C-store ship I really wanted to try out.
    5) Space Infected is so mission much better. Couldn't get reward for completing optional objective though. I don't like the "Leave Map" popping up, since it's a possibility you can warp out and not get reward. I wish you would just "autoget" your reward at the end.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The Disruptor Quad Cannons seem to be doing... very negligible damage. Also the fact that they are 1 per ship seems a bit excessive.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    A small dilithium tax is one thing... but right now the dilithium tax is so high that you might as well just pay the dilithium cost from a vendor and be done with it. Either something is SERIOUSLY wrong with their pricing at max tier or they are indeed trying to kill crafting all together.

Yeah, my Captain only has 6,800 dilithium, so by the Time I'm VA, I MIGHT be able to get one item, if I dont get a new ship. The dilithium costs for crafting are MEGA-RIDICULOUS. I won't be able to help my fleeties (much less myself) craft new builds for thier ships.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Well, here's some feedback, other than saying that the new crafting is a complete abomination:

13) I hate the Excelsior changes. I think the transwarp should be devices, not consoles since Excelsior doesn't get a new slot. You should also have all the transwarps in the Tier 5 version and not get gimped (and/or also getting the "missing" transwarp areas in the Tier 5).

I agree completely, leave the transwarp abilities innate (and to all the systems as before). Go ahead and have thepassive abilities as a console, but no extra slot. That way we can choose if we want the new item, but still get the ship we payed our 15 dollars for. :mad:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Most of the changes seem fine, while the C-Store ship updates seem a little overwhelming I'll work thru it and see. I like the fact that we will have a huge variety of ship choices, even if we have to pay for them.

However, the excessive dilithium costs for crafting make me hope the decimal point was off on that percentage of cost.

Crafting is an intrinsic part of an MMO and making it cost excessive amounts of cash when we already have to grind just for the components seems ridiculous. It also makes the dilithium economy useless at lower levels. After all why would I waste dilithium while ranking up when I know I have to save it for the VA levels just to compete.

A good F2P model is based around microtransactions....there is yet to be compelling reason to bother. Pleasee remember you will soon be competing with SWTOR soon and so very many of the Star Trek fans who make up your core audience are also SW fans.....we will have choice. Choose to keep us.

That is all

fyreMouse
    (The normally cheerfully supportive one)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    the new interact icons above interactable objects is just too distracting
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Very sweet and slick these new things. Problems that I've found in my snooping:

KDF:
    1) Viewing Corsair from KDF side is confusing and the picture is wrong. Same with several other ship pictures.
    2) KDF Transporter animation is broken
    3) Koro'tinga name is missing from vendor menu
    4) Customization for the KDF Dacoit Corvette is impossible, no ship model appears
    5) KDF ship database is missing data on new ships
    6) The battle ring in the KDF Academy (triple tier wooden structure) should be an event-style tournament.
    7) Carrier commands are nice but a separate window for commanding them is needed. Also maybe an optional tutorial on how to command them when you get your first carrier? Also keep working on the AI, it has potential but needs to be better.
    8)

Federation:
    1) Who the **** decided that an LC was ready to fight a Keldon and 2 Galors without support in the Devidian Arc?! I've said this so many times I am sick of it: REBALANCE THE FEs! They are not balanced without a team or being an Admiral and having all the abilities that go with it! The Romulan FE is another, in the final mission the Remans get killed within seconds and I do to while it takes 4 respawns to kill them. Not fun for a traditionalist like me who believes that respawns are cheating.
    (sorry about the emotion there but I had to let it out)

2) BO AI needs tweaks. They get stuck running over the same 1 meter section over and over, running to the wrong places, etc.
This discussion has been closed.