test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: August 2011 Questions, please!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Any plans to look at the Fleet Support ability? I think it would be cool if our other ships had a chance to spawn in as well as a random ship. I also think it would be great if there was a chance that a "named ship" (like the Enterprise-F or the Defiant or one of the in-game NPC named ships) could be summoned to come to our aid. Is there any chance we might see something like this in the future?

Are there any plans for a christening event for the Enterprise-F? I think it would be fantastic to see some hints of it being constructed..like the model being constructed outside ESD or even replacing the Galaxy class in Ship Requisitions..all building up to the actual christening ceremony. I mean, she is the new flagship and all. ;)

Is there a way we could get short in-game messages or updates about the in-game world? The Concierge at the Captain's Table is great in that she drops hints about the upcoming FEs. Would it be possible to get more things of that nature, like maybe weekly Starfleet/KDF Fleet Activity report? Something like that would be a great way to make the game feel more alive and dynamic..and hints are always fun.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    When can we expect 2 seperate skill trees (space/ground)? Imo this seems to be a major flaw in the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    1) With regards to fleet events page, can fleet leaders please be allowed to delete events.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    A. Will we get access to the Odyssy class?
    B. Will consider a fleet level system, similar to WoW's? With passive buffs?
    C. Will you add a particle accelerator to the game? For 1000 - 5000 EC you can play the scanning minigame on a station and get data and traces.
    D. Will you add other Federation factions in for the Diplomacy system, Daystrom Institute, that's the only one i know of.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    When, if ever, are we going to get variants for the Galaxy X Dreadnaut? I mean I'd like to see a variant using the t5 Galaxy refits saucer... that'd be cool.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    With the new Enterprise F class starship, when we use Saucer Seperation can we choose between the saucer and the hull?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Besides flying and shooting Star Trek offers so much more maybe not know to star trek wiki but will you and your team more career options available to the game like joining an elite team or something else like housing like in the star wars mmo or something ?
    Or maybe outside the STO Saga another game launch of STO but then a different SAGA like freighter captain or Ambassador or something instead off being a captain ?

Just Asking
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Are there more options coming to buy Cryptic Points like by SMS or Bank or Giro or Wallie ???
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Any change to be an Star base commander in STO ? Because if you follow Star Trek Wiki you know there are tons off star bases and outposts and listening post in the trek universe ! But is that a ranking option for STO ???
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    1. Can we PLEASE have the ability to retrofit lower-tier ships to higher levels?

2. DOFF System Release Date. Discuss.

3. FE Series 4 Release Date. Discuss.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Since you added the Klingon race to the federation Roster of playable races, would you Add a C-store version of the Human Race, Maybe as an offshoot of humanity. For example an alien race took perhaps a warrior culture from Earth's Ancient Past, Say the Spartan Warriors from the Greek City states, and relocated them on a world where they thrived, and became the dominate Culture? Or maybe host a contest to create a race which would serve as A human race for the KDF? They already did this in the TOS series where some native Americans had been relocated by an unknown race.

What is to say that another more militant race like the Spartan warriors of Greece to name just one culture, wasn't relocated. Such as in the TOS Episode The Paradise Syndrome

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/The_Paradise_Syndrome_%28episode%29
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Certain mob types are still damaged post ground 2.0, will these ever be fixed?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    J.Kirk wrote:
    Any change to be an Star base commander in STO ? Because if you follow Star Trek Wiki you know there are tons off star bases and outposts and listening post in the trek universe ! But is that a ranking option for STO ???

Oh I would love to be a commander of a starbase, what if they make it that you become Admiral then when you level up to next rank you choose between Fleet Admiral and Starbase Commander?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Terradome has become unusually hard with the hp/shield nerf and damage increase.
    The console-hackers simply dont tank enough now

#1 - Is Terradome going to be fixed BEFORE revamps ?

#2 - Instead of fixing minor costumevisuals, will you be focusing on getting our beloved game back on track with more practical fixes ?

#3 - When will we see the possibility of mailing certain ranks in fleet ? And not just whole fleet ?

#4 - I've been dying to get the TR-116 ! So much, that i'm considering getting a random US-guy to purchase and ship to me. Will it be in C-Store soon ? With the new groundcombat and all ? xD

#5 - Are you planning on adding ground combat sets (As Aegis, Borg, Breen?)

#6 - With the new Vivox (which is working, but quite not the quality i hoped for :( ), are you evaluating and looking into making the quality better ?

#7 - Will there ever be a specific "STF-tribble" or "Team-tribble" which stacks and boosts the whole team aswell ?

#8 - When will we see more undine missions ?

#9 - When will we see a level cap increase ?

(((#10 - Is there any way i cannot love this game ? :D Seriously ! :eek: - I love it :rolleyes: )))
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    First, I'd like to say thank you for season 4 it's great (dispite a few bugs),my questions are: with SFA out now will you be adding a PA system for telling cadets that eg: classes have been cancelled or moved to another lacture hall like is in star trek elite force 2 or like the game has on ESD?

In the new tutorial will there be opertunties for new players to get aquented with Shotter mode?

and in the latest engineering report, it said your bringing out some new sets of equipment will there be a set that is faction only like a set that can only be aquired if you play as a klingon or a federation only set?

Thank You
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I was wondering if variant transporter effects would ever be available in the future? Cryptic itself uses the Original Series sound in its advertisements and I'd love to see something like that in the future.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Could we possibly get more information on how the Fleet Starbases will work? e.g. what kind of flaming hoops we'd need to jump through in order to obtain, how we would go about customizing the interior, whether or not we'd see some intra-fleet skirmishes involving the starbases (a la Runes of Magic) and trying to destroy the other side's starbases
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    We have seen more items been introduced with every new episode. When will we have new powers?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    It's a long time ago that Cryptic agreed to do this to design a system to decorate your ship your corridors , If that's off the hook maybe some more stuff to the interior system so we can choose an design.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    1. Release Date Doff System could you specify this date ?
    2. Better Craft system less expensive in Credits or Game time ?
    3. Some More choice in ships from Tier 1,2,3 and 4 ?
    4. Could you specify when foundry has the 3d aspect in the game so designing a mission would be more fun ?
    5. Some more ui colors to consoles please ?
    6. Are there in the future more voices coming instead off dialogs ?
    7. Do the boffs get voices ? Or an in game program that you can record text to voices ?
    8. Could the mission tag where you take the missions be provided with an better look ?
    9. Is there more payment options coming to the game or will that happen if Atari leave STO ?
    10. Is there ever come things off the C-Store and I mean closing or Bridge packs or will it be only be available from the micro store ?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    First off, The Enterprise F is A M A Z I N G. Thank you very much. Also Starfleet Academy is Sweet.

OK, are there going to be any upcoming changes to some of the space weapon fx/explosions/scanning animations. Ground looks so cool now, space effects look a little dated.

Also, will the HUD space/ground be getting any LCARS love anytime soon. (Like the new loading screens).

Cheers.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Would you consider having more Contests like the one you have to design the Enterprise F? With various rewards like Atari-points as a reward?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Since the addition of Starfleet Academy, I was wondering if there is a plan to expand beyond it to include Starfleet Command HQ like we saw in the Deep Space Nine Episode Paradise Lost and Star Trek IV?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Can we please have the assault cruiser get some kind of upgrade? Maybe boost up the tac aspect a little bit?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    is the ground part of SB24 being fixed? eversince S4 launched i've been unable to beam down, and seeing as i have to do a FA first just to find out the mission is still broken it certainly doesnt make me a happy bunny.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    One of the elements, I feel, is missing in STO are events that actually take place inside a player's ship. Whether it be intruder alerts, murder mysteries, diplomatic crisis, personal issues with the crew, medical or scientific side effects, or just random encounters. What is the possiblitiy of STO seeing events like these, where players will be spending time in their ship's interior playing out these sorts of missions? If it's a feasible idea, realistically, when could the STO community see this aspect ingame?

Seeing as how this idea was brought up by others I will just go ahead and echo this sentiment. I have always felt a road to a deeper game experiance would be including those uniquely Star Trek story ideas that are not all focused on ship to ship dogfights but include the full spectrum of issues a Starfleet Captain has to deal with.

And bye the way keep up the GREAT JOB!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Is there any chance we could see a monument to James T. Kirk somewhere on the grounds of Starfleet Academy?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    With Season 5 bring fleet starbases and territory control, are we likely see the implementation of "sandbox" eco-system being developed?
    Where fleets would via for control of resources to further develop their starbase so as to be able to procure more items (large ship yard, more NPC guards, etc), have to set up alliances with other fleets/NPC's, send trade envoys and fight for finite resources that starbases consume.

Also, as previously mentioned:

Will the sovy get some love so that it isn't defeated by the older Excelsior, perhaps a new Boff layout or special ability?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Wouldn't a playable Romulan faction be too similar to the KDF? Both have ships that can cloak, use disruptors and have similar ship designs.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Most of my questions I wanted to ask have already been asked by other people expect this one, why does the sovereign class not look like the nemesis reft and the abilties etc this includes any other ship besides the sovereign class and will we have a sovereign refit any time soon?

This is what I mean - http://johneaves.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/enterprise-e-stuff.jpg

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.