test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: August 2011 Questions, please!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Galactic News Network [PC]
It's that time again!

Please form an orderly queue and hand in your questions for the August version of the Ask Cryptic, where our Developers will try to answer your questions.
No pushing! Anyone cutting the line will be placed at the end.

Edith, because I forgot the disclaimer:
Of course the questions need to be STO-related. We can't talk about the same of the company and similar. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Where is my FEDGORN?
    edited July 2011
    When will we get a tentative release date for the DOff system?
    edited July 2011
    I was Just wondering if and when the feds would be getting a carrier and when the kdf side will be getting the same love that the fed side gets seeing as this is a 2 faction game :)
    edited July 2011
    WishStone wrote:
    It's that time again!

Please form an orderly queue and hand in your questions for the August version of the Ask Cryptic, where our Developers will try to answer your questions.
    No pushing! Anyone cutting the line will be placed at the end.

Will be there RETRAIT soon?
    edited July 2011
    Will there ever be a time when each "faction" is limited to canon specific weapon types? Such as the Klingons, Federation, and Romulan only equipping Disruptor, Romulan Plasma Disruptor and Phaser type weapons. I think this would add more to the game. Thanks.
    edited July 2011
    Has there been any progress toward selling account-wide Bridge Officer, Ship, Bank and Inventory slot unlocks on the C-Store? Perhaps in addition to the character-only unlocks currently available?
    edited July 2011
    Will the entire Academy Campus be opened up, so we can view inside all the buildings. Not just Building 2?
    edited July 2011
    May I have my death cannon soon please? ALSO, what is the ETA on ground PVP changes, and what will those changes be? I have heard from other devs that change is coming, but nothing saying exactly what will change or what is being considered.
    edited July 2011
    Is Cryptic interested in adding more environmental gameplay mechanisms to STO? A good example of this could be a game like Fracture where the player can change ground elevation to their advantage. So, any interest there?
    edited July 2011
    Is the idea for letting foundry authors create and/or work on social maps, and then have the community vote on what versions are best, still coming?
    edited July 2011
    1. Are there any possibility of aquiring the rights to ships from other games of Star Trek? The Griffin for the Romulans is my particular favourite and I would love to see some of those top class ships in-game :).

2. For Season 5, the level cap is increasing to Fleet Admiral. Are there any details specifically of how this will work? (eg. boffs controling ships, the possible relation to the First Officer to Captain feature)

3. Fleet Starbases I am all geeked up about and am looking forward to in Season 5, will these be permanent open zones which anyone can go to or permanent zones which only fleeties can go to?
    edited July 2011
    With new Enterprise F will coming in FE series 4 but, it haven't explained what happened to Enterprise E and Captain Data and her crew? was missing or destroyed?
    edited July 2011
    Any plans to add "red barron" enemy characters/ships for deep space encounters etc it would be good to encouter IKS kick *** randomly where i might think twice before attacking :D

can mre enemys warp out rather them be destoried after playing for so long i'm starting to wonder how there any enemies ships left to fight :p
    edited July 2011
    When you first announced the winners of the DTNE contest, you said you would look into a "fan favorite" reward where we might be able to reward a design that was a an favorite but didn't make the "cut" on the contest as a way to add back a little validity to all of the voting that happened.

Is this still being considered?

Also, are there still plans to use some of the runners-up in game eventually? IE: Vektor's as a skin for the Typhoon.
    edited July 2011
    The work on improving ship exterior graphics has been pretty amazing (especially with the new upcoming Borg cubes, etc). Is there any plan to go back through and polish any of the old starship interiors, such as the old bridges?

Also, additionally I'm going to ask my DS9 question again: With the upcoming Featured episodes on DS9, would there any possibility of getting the DS9 theme music for the DS9 space zone like you were able to license the arena music for the last FE?
    edited July 2011
    Will we see some forms of Space weather one day?
    edited July 2011
    Are the remastered STF's going to be able to be done with a group of fed/kdf or just single faction groups?

The remastering of the federation episodes are suppose to be done by february. When will the fed episodes that are remastered for the KDF be done by?

When/what are we going to be able to do something with our cool new feature: The ability to switch to a shuttle. Also, is the KDF going to get the ability to make their own delta flyer like shuttle through a quest?
    edited July 2011
    One of the elements, I feel, is missing in STO are events that actually take place inside a player's ship. Whether it be intruder alerts, murder mysteries, diplomatic crisis, personal issues with the crew, medical or scientific side effects, or just random encounters. What is the possiblitiy of STO seeing events like these, where players will be spending time in their ship's interior playing out these sorts of missions? If it's a feasible idea, realistically, when could the STO community see this aspect ingame?
    edited July 2011
    What is the plans for the new hair tech that was talked about?

Will we see the ability to use just the visual effect from a ships item, for example using the Aegis Shields with the visual effect from the Reman Shields?

Will there be playable versions of the new bridge officers introduced?

Will we see the possibility of creating a Hybrid Species?

Its been quite a while since the last Featured Series, when are we going to see the next one launch?
    edited July 2011
    i know that starfleet academy will be coming out soon. but would it ever be possible to have the academy flight range near saturn?
    maybe have some excercises to complete while there.
    some of the maneuvers from star trek such as the picard maneuver would be great to see, you simply push the button and the maneuver is carried out. would make for better combat tactics
    more decks on the ship to explore and things to do while exploring the ship
    edited July 2011
    1) Can we please get a dynamic Shield Regeneration and Shield Damange Reduction stat display added to the UI (more info)?

2) Can we please get an account-wide unlockable ship and BO slots option in the C-Store? Likewise, account-wide bank and inventory slots? Perhaps offer these as a "deluxe" or otherwise enhanced version at a premium price?

3) Will you also be adding an "Account Bank" for sharing items between toons on the same Account?

4) When/will Direct X 11 make it into Season 4? Can you give us some technical revelations on what specific features from DX11 that STO will be using?

5) Will you please add some organization to the costume list UI, at the very least let us keep it alphabetized? Then we can control the order by renaming the costumes.

6) Will you please post some nice High Res images of that beautiful Enterprise-F in the Wallpaper section of the STO site?

7) Not so much a question as much as a notice: I'm anxiously awaiting the DOff system. I know it will be ready when it's ready, but... well... Just trying to be patient. :D

Thanks.
    edited July 2011
    I have a few questionbs but maybe you can answer one of them!

1.) Are we going to see in the future the possibilty that when i change my uniform my Boffs do the same.

2.) When the Admiral and the Fleet Adrial Levels are available are we going to get an Admiral Unfiform Pack.

3.) Can you give us a date when you think the Borg Invasion and the next Freatures Episode could be on-line.

4.) Starfleet Academy is now on-line and it is greate so what contant can we expect at that location and are we Admirals have something to do there.

5.) I saw the turret in The Cure i like the idea of that but it does not look like a Borg device couldn't you create a device that say i am Borg technology and not stolen from Starfleet just in XXXXXXL.

6.) Pleace rework the stuff with bound items because if i have bound items on my main and i don not need them anymore i can not give them to my other alts or sell it on the Exchange or donate it to my Fleet, so make them bound on the account but not on the character.

7.) This is for people that have severla charters please make it us easier to train our boffs we put alot of work in our charcters to level them up and to play all professions it would be nice if i could train my engineering boff on my tactical character without asking someone for help.

8.) Is there a chance for reselecting our species in the near future?

9.) Where are the features for Lifetimers?
    edited July 2011
    Appropriate clothing for vacations on Risa for example, ever ? :D

And yes, this is a serious question. :cool:
    edited July 2011
    There has been talk about auxiliary ships: What are our chances of getting more of these, like the Aeroshuttle (attached to the Intrepid Class), Waverider (attached to the Nova Class), etc. in a similar way to what the D'Kyr has?
    edited July 2011
    Can you give us an update on the Featured Episodes?
    We are in August and so far this year we have only had 1 series.

What are the plans for the rest of the year?
    It was mentioned previously new staff was needed and hired specifically for these.
    edited July 2011
    Are there any plans to expand the ground combat "Mouse Button Highlight" system beyond 3 buttons ?

Many people requested more options, better key binding and etc.
    Additional points and details may be found in this post and surrounding posts in the Official Ground Combat Feedback thread on the Tribble forums.
    edited July 2011
    - Why are we only allowed to have 1 pet on the ground while in space we can have as many as we want (got)?
    - Any plans to remove the 1 pet to more pets on the ground?

- Any plans for apps? (Ipad AND Android)

- Can we have whales in SFA? ;)

Greetz
    Stargek
    edited July 2011
    Is there a set date for full ship interiors? And will we be able to customize them in different ways along with customization of the entire crew, not just officers?
    edited July 2011
    Rocket boots :p

are we likely to see klingon armour and kit visuals?

is it possible that branching mission objectives will make an apperance in future featured eppisodes? (as we've seen in frozen) i like the feeling of choice and consiqunece.

is the shadow of SW:TOR on the horizon worrying you guys? and are we likely to a stepup in new content to keep subscribers?

are the Xindi going to make it in game?

can we get ground versions of the ship holoemiters like we saw in the imaga mission?
    edited July 2011
    Question:
    You've mentined that the Enterprise 1701-F intro into the game will be part of a future FE series. Is it plannned as paert of te storyline for the next/fourth FE series which you have alrweady stated will involve Deep Space Nine; or is it planned for an as yet future FE series whose storyline is still being developed?

Followup:
    Will we (the player) see or participate in the 1701-F christening/launching ceremony in any way in game via a FE mission episode or some other planned in game event surrounding the new 1701-F?
This discussion has been closed.