What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mirror Universe Uniforms in C-Store

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    And why does everyone seem to keep referencing the Enterprise MU episodes? I could care less about those outfits. Give me the DS9 options and I'll be happy.

Empress Hoshi. ;)

We just keep mentioning them because we'd love to see them available ourselves. Be a great way to get money from people on both sides of the arguement. But I wouldn't object to DS9 ones either. (assuming you mean the one in your avatar?)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    personae wrote:
    Empress Hoshi. ;)

We just keep mentioning them because we'd love to see them available ourselves. Be a great way to get money from people on both sides of the arguement. But I wouldn't object to DS9 ones either. (assuming you mean the one in your avatar?)

I wouldn't object to the Enterprise MU unis, either, but I've been trying to get the Intendant's outfit since practically day one (and yes, I was referring to the one in my avatar).
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You can belong to an exclusive club.. but if there is a UNIQUE club, there can be only 1 of them....

Unique like a snowflake's design.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE. .. HEEEEERE WE ARE.. BORN TO BE KINGS.... WERE THE PRINCES OF THE UNIVERSEEEEEEE.

No sir, you defeated yourself long ago.

You have no pieces left on the board. That was not your objective.

MORE TEARS.

Your definitions are out of context with the Cryptic Post nice try though. I prove people wrong on a daily basis, and the on this topic it has been your day. Once again here is a english lesson it is unique by TYPE ALONE, not exclusivity. The type of club is "the bowling club", but it doesn't make the club exclusive. or the club would be called exclusive, anything less in not.( I.E. Out of 550 clubs attending one will be a bowling club (type not exclusivity) Snow flake is UNIQUE in the singular sense as one only, it does not apply. OR THE MU Uniforms would have only been available to ONE person ALONE).You brought a full box of Kleenex to collect tears with, unfortunately that is all you brought to a battle of wits. I could tell you were slow that is why I color code my posts.
    I have completely,utterly defeated,and destroyed you on this topic, I will now correct some inaccurate words you have put in my mouth. Moving along now......
    But..but.. it's only fair that they should get what you have for nearly free.. it not completely free, because they are special people that can bypass what everybody else paid for. (NOT FREE Available in Veteran Reward, C-Store, ETC. for PreLaunch Investors/Lifers of this game.)

I love egging you guys on, because you are all basically crying babies who are upset that you missed / didn't buy something that had a bonus that others did... now you want it for pretty close to free.
    (Key word here is BONUS i am glad your finally getting it! NON EXCLUSIVE BONUSES can be redistributed in other means.)

Don't need to. This is too easy to put forth any real effort. (delusional ignorance is bliss)

But some things that are paid for as unique/exclusive should remain exactly that. ( Like DDE TOS uniforms that I own and paid for that were given out as a free promotion)

You call me greedy... I call YOU greedy for needing to have everything.( It is not a need or greed it is a desire for the whole player base to have NON EXCLUSIVE BONUSES available through another means.)

OCD to the max.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You say this while clinging to the MU uniforms and screaming "YOU CANNOT HAS!!".
    It's easy to criticise keeping up with the Jones' when you ARE the Jones.

We are ALL the Jones'

The difference is, that I am not going to cry about what YOU have.

Ever.

You seem to think that the MU was the only exclusive/unique item ever made for STO. I am sure you have something I do not have. Another offer,... another bonus...

I won't be crying to Cryptic to take it from you and give it to me.

OCD. Gotta have everything.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    This post and your others show how mature you are. Re-read the post that you quoted...you know, the part I was trying to highlight in red. There are people willing to WORK for the item or something similar. Few are asking to be given these items for free. As for your comparison to the Galaxy-X...while I don't like the way they're offering it, the ship can be attained through a little bit of hard work. The MU unis, on the other hand, cannot be gotten any more.

And why does everyone seem to keep referencing the Enterprise MU episodes? I could care less about those outfits. Give me the DS9 options and I'll be happy.

Yes, it does show how mature I am.

It shows I don't need to cry and whine about needing everything everybody has.

It shows that you guys cannot let it go and just accept the fact that there are going to be things in game that are exclusive and some that are not.

Here we are.. at .. what page now?

How many times among all these pages have I asked to have any of the things that others paid for?

Count them and get back to me.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Text by Rainbow Bright Deleted

You are my favorite poster.

Do you know why?

You cry to me as if I have the keys to your happiness. You cry to me as if I am the gatekeeper of your success.

Also you type like a bag of skittles exploded into your hard drive... COLORS MUCH.

You keep arguing with me as if it changes a darn thing.

It doesn't.

But keep it up. I always enjoy a rainbow explosion of useless text, posted by a man who is only winning an argument in his head, so he can sleep well tonight.. maybe.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    personae wrote:
    Empress Hoshi. ;)

I Like the sound of Empress Hoshi!!! Thank you for your reasonable posts they brighten my day upon reading them!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    /signed. These uniforms are at the top of my wants list.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    panthro wrote: »
    why can't people just accept that they can't have evry shiny in the game and move on it's a game do these people get this upset when they see a guy driving a ferrearri and can't have it too

I dont! I just go the garage and start mine up! LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I don't have the mus and like my esteemed colleague i will never cry about what i can't have i will continuosly applaude cryptic if they keep things exclusive. If they don't then those of us that would normally buy an extra copy of something for whatever exclusive item it has will no longer do so we will just wait it out and get free or cheaper through the cstore. Yes i am saying there would be a backlash from those that paid money to get certain items if they become available easily and to everyone the special item isn't special if there are a million of them.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    We are ALL the Jones'

The difference is, that I am not going to cry about what YOU have.

Ever.

You seem to think that the MU was the only exclusive/unique item ever made for STO. I am sure you have something I do not have. Another offer,... another bonus...

I won't be crying to Cryptic to take it from you and give it to me.

OCD. Gotta have everything.

And what business is it of yours if I wish to buy the MU uniforms? That you won't have a precious exclusive anymore?
    At least we offer the courtesy of PAYING for it, unlike my DDE "exclusive" TOS uniform which was GIVEN AWAY FOR FREE.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    id also like to see the ISS option added for ship names and the MU symbol as an option to replace the Fed circle/ stars/wreath symbol on my ships. So basically....I want to be able to fully deck out my ship and crew as MU. id be happy if they added them to the accolade system somehow too.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    And what business is it of yours if I wish to buy the MU uniforms? That you won't have a precious exclusive anymore?
    At least we offer the courtesy of PAYING for it, unlike my DDE "exclusive" TOS uniform which was GIVEN AWAY FOR FREE.

The issue with the uniforms you had that were given away should be rectified. They should give you a NEW exclusive to make up for it.

Don't try to correct a wrong with another wrong.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    For the love of...

You slept with my wife, so now I get to sleep with yours? Is that how things are done?
    It's silly to continue beating this dead horse. This particular topic has been listed under different names, but the argument is ALWAYS the same:

I want this 'exclusive' item put in the store...
    You can't have it because it was 'exclusive'...
    I am willing to PAY extra money for it, whats the harm...?
    I payed for it already when it was a limited time deal, that means you cant have it!
    Whats the big deal? You got the bonus, why can't I have it too?
    ...on
    and on...
    and on...

No one who wants the bonus wants to admit that 'exclusive' means just that.
    No one who argues about the exclusivity wants to give up their precious bonus or they will somehow be 'slighted' and it will be cheapened because of it.

Would I like to see the content in the store?
    Absolutely.
    Does it ruin or cheapen the bonus for those that met the criteria when they were offered?
    That is entirely up to the individual... but I can tell you that my TOS costumes being mass released to anyone willing to dish out money for them doesn't hurt me or my precious sensabillities one tiny bit, but thats just me.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I realize that this is a controversial topic (and do have some sympathy for both sides). Personallly though, I'd really like to have some way of getting the MU uniforms. They are, as Kefra said, "...an iconic part of the Star Trek Universe." and I'd feel just the same way if one of the TV series ships available at tier 4 was impossible to get hold of in the current game.

We're all here to have fun and immerse ourselves in the Star Trek universe and I really believe that in-game elements from the shows should be somehow accessible to everyone (even if difficult to get - including my "exclusive" Borg BOff, TOS Enterprise, TOS uniforms etc). For many of us, it's those little things which really make the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The battle could go on forever i point out once agin if a store has a sale and you missed it the store is not going to sell you the same item at the sale price because you cry about it
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You are my favorite poster.

Do you know why?

You cry to me as if I have the keys to your happiness. You cry to me as if I am the gatekeeper of your success.

Also you type like a bag of skittles exploded into your hard drive... COLORS MUCH.

You keep arguing with me as if it changes a darn thing.

It doesn't.

But keep it up. I always enjoy a rainbow explosion of useless text, posted by a man who is only winning an argument in his head, so he can sleep well tonight.. maybe.

I sleep well every night and by the looks of this thread I won the debate somewhere other than my head. I realize you are not the gate keeper of success (I definitely know that to be a FACT also), but I feel it is my responsibility to enlighten you as to the facts that you so severely misrepresented. It would be nice to have as many people together in agreement on the yellow brick road to Emerald City to see the Wizard. I prefer this instead of you being an obstacle of misrepresentation and poorly thought of retorts. The information is color coded for the simple minded people who have trouble with reading comprehension, understanding definitions, and facts. So if you still do not understand I apologize, but it was drawn out in crayons for you. You may interject your opinion or feelings all you like, but it still does not change any of the FACTS I have presented here.

I do NOT think it is not fair for you to boast that you have an exclusive bonus that IS IN FACT NOT EXCLUSIVE(by CRYPTIC's OWN DEFINITION) and simply a bonus that should be made available in a multitude of ways to the STO player base. Thank you for making it so easy to present the NON EXCLUSIVE fact successfully. At anytime you may admit your were mistaken, as to the facts and Cryptic documentation offered., and say your opinion is that you don't want other player to have access to those MU uniforms set, you are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to state your opinion as fact, especially when your opinion is factually inaccurate.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

/signed, agreed, and thank you for weighing in on this discussion.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The battle could go on forever i point out once agin if a store has a sale and you missed it the store is not going to sell you the same item at the sale price because you cry about it

True, but a store would still sell it to you, at reasonable price for specific individual item asked for,and not charge you based on the bundle price for things you obviously do not want, or would not be interested in Thank You, you also proved my point. I am not asking for a Champions Online Lifetime Subscription, I am asking to pay for one STO item that has nothing to do with the other game.

• Options
    edited May 2010

I do NOT think it is not fair for you to boast that you have an exclusive bonus that IS IN FACT NOT EXCLUSIVE(by CRYPTIC's OWN DEFINITION) and simply a bonus that should be made available in a multitude of ways to the STO player base. Thank you for making it so easy to present the NON EXCLUSIVE fact successfully. At anytime you may admit your were mistaken, as to the facts and Cryptic documentation offered., and say your opinion is that you don't want other player to have access to those MU uniforms set, you are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to state your opinion as fact, especially when your opinion is factually inaccurate.

I think you missed the part that Cryptics definition of Unique was: "Unique to that offer." (Which is definition #3 in the dictionary) It is a stronger wording than Exclusive. But ultimately only Cryptic an decide their meaning for either word, so its useless for any of us to debate the dictionary.

The best we can do is just let Cryptic know our feelings on the matter, which both sides have done. Some more nicely than others.

Meanwhile, for those that keep mentioning the TOS uniforms (not you)...The words exclusive or unique never appeared in relation to those uniforms (Or the joined Trill). But Both words appeared next to every other items in that package:
    Features
    • TOS Uniform Set (in-game item): 3 Uniforms from the Original series (blue, red, yellow)
    • Joined Trill: Play as a Joined Trill. Joined Trill come with a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience. The "Joined" species trait grants you a bonus to 5 skills.
    • Exclusive "KHAAAN!" Emote (in-game item): An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk's unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry... "KHAAAN!"
    • Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote (in-game item): Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet and interact with other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture -the blood wine toast.
    • Unique Registry Prefix (in-game item): Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus."
    • Unique Ship Item (in-game item): - Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module that grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.

Don't get me wrong, I'm annoyed they gave it out other ways too. I gave up having a physical copy of the game (which I prefer) because I wanted those TOS uniforms. But they never said they were exclusive or unique. So I can only be annoyed at myself for not asking first, like I did back when Champions LT was offered.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    personae wrote:
    I think you missed the part that Cryptics definition of Unique was: "Unique to that offer." (Which is definition #3 in the dictionary) It is a stronger wording than Exclusive. But ultimately only Cryptic an decide their meaning for either word, so its useless for any of us to debate the dictionary.

The best we can do is just let Cryptic know our feelings on the matter, which both sides have done. Some more nicely than others.

Meanwhile, for those that keep mentioning the TOS uniforms (not you)...The words exclusive or unique never appeared in relation to those uniforms (Or the joined Trill). But Both words appeared next to every other items in that package:

Don't get me wrong, I'm annoyed they gave it out other ways too. I gave up having a physical copy of the game (which I prefer) because I wanted those TOS uniforms. But they never said they were exclusive or unique. So I can only be annoyed at myself for not asking first, like I did back when Champions LT was offered.

I saw number 3rd definition it is out of context to the post. The post only says the uniform is unique, but says nothing about the offer being unique at all.

the Champions site I quote "Lifetime subscriptions include:

"* Access to the Star Trek Online Closed Beta, beginning later this year!
    * Exclusive Art Deco costume set
    * Exclusive Retro Future costume set, available only to lifetime subscribers
    * Unique Mirror Universe outfit for Star Trek Online, available at the game’s release
    * Exclusive in-game Foxbat action figure, available only to lifetime subscribers
    * Eight additional character slots!"

It depend on the which advertisement you look at, steam's site promoted the DDE extras and were labeled as exclusive

I further add this, the DDE extras as they are listed currently to show the difference between EXCLUSIVE and this shows how my definition of UNIQUE is correct.

"Features

* TOS Uniform Set (in-game item): 3 Uniforms from the Original series (blue, red, yellow)
    * Joined Trill: Play as a Joined Trill. Joined Trill come with a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience. The "Joined" species trait grants you a bonus to 5 skills.
    * Exclusive "KHAAAN!" Emote (in-game item): An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk's unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry... "KHAAAN!"
    * Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote (in-game item): Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet and interact with other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture -the blood wine toast.
    * Unique Registry Prefix (in-game item): Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus."
    * Unique Ship Item (in-game item): - Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module that grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range."

*** This post is very similar, to the Champions and it also describes UNIQUE as TYPE and not EXCLUSIVITY, to this package or this offer.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    This goes back to my saying we could debate definitions all day but it only matters what Cryptic defined them as. Again, back when Champions was offered, we asked for clarification, and the Devs defined it as unique to the offer and the only method to get it.

But I should note the only things on the Champions offer that ever became available otherwise were the Character slots and Beta access. Both of which did not have either word next to them.

Which means they left Joined Trill oddly open as well to be available another method. I never saw Steam's advertisement, so cant vouch for that. But this site, Atari's and Gamestop's all had the list I posted.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    True, but a store would still sell it to you, at reasonable price for specific individual item asked for,and not charge you based on the bundle price for things you obviously do not want, or would not be interested in Thank You, you also proved my point. I am not asking for a Champions Online Lifetime Subscription, I am asking to pay for one STO item that has nothing to do with the other game.

how did i prove your point somethings are limited time offers guess i should call comcast and demand they give me the 6 month special price they're running
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    how did i prove your point somethings are limited time offers guess i should call comcast and demand they give me the 6 month special price they're running

That is not what your post said,

Explanation
    I pointed out you were right about the store not selling it to you for the sale price, BUT they would still sell it to you because it is NOT an EXCLUSIVE ITEM. So without realizing it you proved my point.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Deleted more rainbow bright text declaring victory

Still shouting victory eh'

So... how is that MU suit fitting you.

What.. you don't have it....

Hmm....nice victory :p
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Still shouting victory eh'

So... how is that MU suit fitting you.

What.. you don't have it....

Hmm....nice victory :p

You do not know what I have been given or what I have, I never have provided you with that information, and so you can guess how my uniforms fit......

• Options
    edited May 2010
    You do not know what I have been given or what I have, I never have provided you with that information, and so you can guess how my uniforms fit......

If they fit anything like mine.. Like a glove.

All warm and cozy...in my MU uniform.

Just like a blanket on a cold day.

Ahhhhhh

p.s. ..

You put all your bonuses in your sig.

So much for me not knowing :-P
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    If they fit anything like mine.. Like a glove.

All warm and cozy...in my MU uniform.

Just like a blanket on a cold day.

Ahhhhhh

p.s. ..

You put all your bonuses in your sig.

So much for me not knowing :-P

I put some of my bonuses in my signature, you only can deduce some of what I have.
    So much for you knowing.....
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I put some of my bonuses in my signature, you only can deduce some of what I have.
    So much for you knowing.....

I know what you don't have...

See my avatar to the left.. and my sig below
This discussion has been closed.