What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mirror Universe Uniforms in C-Store

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Your ignorance is mind boggling, You Paid FOR A LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION, NOT the mirror universe uniform set it was a bonus. So you brought a full Kleenex box to a battle of wits..........Good Job

Nice try but still incorrect. We bought a package that included the lifetime subscription and other items. The uniform was not a bonus. It was part of the package.

I do understand many people wouldn't want to buy that entire package just for the uniforms. But that doesnt change the fact that some people did after being told it was the only way to get it.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    panthro wrote: »
    just give it up why should cryptic just give away a what people paid for and b what they can still make money on?

for the $$$$ !!!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    Oh i completely expect them to make money of it... what this is about isnt that, its all about being able to obtain them period.

I mean seriously, why on earth should the effort Cryptic has put into these uniforms be lost on a "minor" elitist crowd of players?

/ Agreed completely!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    just give it up why should cryptic just give away a what people paid for and b what they can still make money on?

I paid for the DDE for the TOS package and it was ok to give them away? What is good for the goose is good for the gander? Yes. So i think I have a valid case and my point is they should at least be available to Prelaunch investors immediately and all others in a another form not limited to veterans rewards.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    personae wrote:
    Nice try but still incorrect. We bought a package that included the lifetime subscription and other items. The uniform was not a bonus. It was part of the package.

I do understand many people wouldn't want to buy that entire package just for the uniforms. But that doesnt change the fact that some people did after being told it was the only way to get it.

Technically not, the price did not go up for a champions lifetime subscription when the MU uniforms were included, so they were a bundle bonus much like Internet Explorer with Windows XP. Therefore it might of made you lean toward the purchase, but A lifetime subscription for Champions was purchased. The Mirror Universe was a bundle at no cost......well except the grief to anyone who wanted them who played STO.

But I respect your opinion.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Technically not, the price did not go up for a champions lifetime subscription when the MU uniforms were included, so they were a bundle bonus much like Internet Explorer with Windows XP. Therefore it might of made you lean toward the purchase, but A lifetime subscription for Champions was purchased. The Mirror Universe was a bundle at no cost......well except the grief to anyone who wanted them who played STO.

The Champions Lifetime was never sold without the MU uniforms. They were sold together. The price did not change because they were never offered separately.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    personae wrote:
    The Champions Lifetime was never sold without the MU uniforms. They were sold together. The price did not change because they were never offered separately.

Your are correct on the cancellation of the Champions Lifetime Subscription. I posted the Champions Information. The point is that the price would not a have dropped if they were to discontinue the MU offer.
    (I.E. STO LIFETIME 239.99- 299.99) It was not redeemable in Champions so it was an extra or a bonus.

Daeke
    Online Community Team

Limited-Time Subscription Deals!
    We're very excited to announce two special subscription packages available for purchase for a limited-time! Both of these offers are only going to be around until supplies last, so sign up while you still can. Below are the details for both the lifetime and 6-month subscription packages.

Lifetime subscriptions include:

* Access to the Star Trek Online Closed Beta, beginning later this year!
    * Exclusive Art Deco costume set
    * Exclusive Retro Future costume set, available only to lifetime subscribers

* Unique Mirror Universe outfit for Star Trek Online, available at the game’s release
    * Exclusive in-game Foxbat action figure, available only to lifetime subscribers
    * Eight additional character slots!

6-Month Discounted Subscriptions come with:

* Saves $29.95 USD (33% off!) over regular monthly subscription!

Have either of these caught your eye?

I respectfully disagree, all features with exception to the MU uniforms were active in game Champions rewards for lifetime subscribers the MU were bonus toward STO. They were not redeemable in Champions therefore they were a future out of game bonus towards STO. (CHECKMATE)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Interesting.... thanks for posting that, it looks like it just made a lot of arguments moot.
    The Mirror Universe uniforms are NOT exclusive and they never were.

Which means theres nothing stopping cryptic from making them available later.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Interesting.... thanks for posting that, it looks like it just made a lot of arguments moot.

I copied and pasted it from the Champions site......"Unique" Is the operative word!!, NOT EXCLUSIVE!!!!

MY POINT EXACTLY!!! Thank you for your brilliant powers of observation, thus being a bonus and not an in game exclusive...

Checkmate.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    personae wrote:
    Not that ironic. We're talking about the Mirror Universe where such things are commonplace. ;)

ZING!

And yeah, you make a wonderful point.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

It doesnt make any arguments moot I'm afraid. If it were offered any other way it would not be Unique.

Which is why we asked for clarification back then. Because, lets face it, we were thinking the same thing you people are now. We'd much rather pay a few bucks on the C-Store than a few hundred on another game entirely. But they said it would be the only way (hence, unique).

So based on that they need to stick to their words for a reasonable timeframe. Simple as that. After the 16 month mark I wont have any objection to Vet Reward or C-Store. But I just promote the Vet option because waiting is enough.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Unique is a word with many different meanings.

I have no objection to waiting, but im sick and tired of these greedy elitists that just want to have it for themselves.
    To those other threads with people demanding liberated borg i just say: Give me MU uniforms and you can have Lib Borg.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    personae wrote:
    It doesnt make any arguments moot I'm afraid. If it were offered any other way it would not be Unique.

Which is why we asked for clarification back then. Because, lets face it, we were thinking the same thing you people are now. We'd much rather pay a few bucks on the C-Store than a few hundred on another game entirely. But they said it would be the only way (hence, unique).

So based on that they need to stick to their words for a reasonable timeframe. Simple as that. After the 16 month mark I wont have any objection to Vet Reward or C-Store. But I just promote the Vet option because waiting is enough.

Unique = refers to this uniform as not typical; unusual, as to set its appearance apart from the others, and if you read the post UNIQUE, BUT NOT EXCLUSIVE

Elementary my dear Data, Checkmate.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Unique is a word with many different meanings.

I have no objection to waiting, but im sick and tired of these greedy elitists that just want to have it for themselves.
    To those other threads with people demanding liberated borg i just say: Give me MU uniforms and you can have Lib Borg.

Well most meanings to Unique would indicate it being the only way to get it. But its why we asked for (and recieved) Clarification. Because it was an odd choice of words.

But my stance has never been one of elitism at all. Only this: That if they offer a secondary method of obtaining the uniforms, and I knew of that secondary method back when I made the purchase, there would be a reasonable likelihood I'd have made the same choice.

So for example, if I knew back then the choices were:

1. Buy the CO Lifetime package to get the uniform
    2. Wait 1.5 years and get them for free (Vet reward)

I'd still probably have picked option 1. Option 2 is cheaper, but I'm not that patient.

But if the second option was 'wait a week after the LTers finally get it and pay $5 in the C-Store' I'd have gone with that instead. I may be impatient, but its only a week.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    personae wrote:
    Well most meanings to Unique would indicate it being the only way to get it. But its why we asked for (and recieved) Clarification. Because it was an odd choice of words.

But my stance has never been one of elitism at all. Only this: That if they offer a secondary method of obtaining the uniforms, and I knew of that secondary method back when I made the purchase, there would be a reasonable likelihood I'd have made the same choice.

So for example, if I knew back then the choices were:

1. Buy the CO Lifetime package to get the uniform
    2. Wait 1.5 years and get them for free (Vet reward)

I'd still probably have picked option 1. Option 2 is cheaper, but I'm not that patient.

But if the second option was 'wait a week after the LTers finally get it and pay $5 in the C-Store' I'd have gone with that instead. I may be impatient, but its only a week.

I know your not an elitist, but it has been fun debating this issue with you :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    why don't we go to a store i'll buy something in cash and you try to convince them to give you the same product for free
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Are you daft man? I already said were not expecting it FREE were expecting them to become OBTAINABLE again.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    so if sryptic were to make the offer again you'd buy the lifetime to co?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    so if sryptic were to make the offer again you'd buy the lifetime to co?

rof hell no.. dump it on the c-stre :D
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Your ignorance is mind boggling, You Paid FOR A LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION, NOT the mirror universe uniform set it was a bonus. So you brought a full Kleenex box to a battle of wits..........Good Job

It was part of the package. That means it has an value into that package. Furthermore do I need to look up the word "exclusive" for you... here .. READ IT.

ex·clu·sive
       /ɪkˈsklusɪv, -zɪv/ Show Spelled[ik-skloo-siv, -ziv] Show IPA
    –adjective
    not admitting of something else; incompatible: mutually exclusive plans of action.
    omitting from consideration or account (often fol. by of): a profit of ten percent, exclusive of taxes.
    limited to the object or objects designated: exclusive attention to business.
    shutting out all others from a part or share: an exclusive right to film the novel.
    fashionable; stylish: to patronize only the most exclusive designers.
    charging comparatively high prices; expensive: exclusive shops.
    noting that in which no others have a share: exclusive information.
    single or sole: the exclusive means of communication between two places.
    disposed to resist the admission of outsiders to association, intimacy, etc.: an exclusive circle of intimate friends.
    admitting only members of a socially restricted or very carefully selected group: an exclusive club.
    excluding or tending to exclude, as from use or possession: exclusive laws.
    Grammar. (of the first person plural) excluding the person or persons spoken to, as we in We'll see you later.Compare inclusive (def. 4).
    –noun
    Journalism. a piece of news, or the reporting of a piece of news, obtained by a newspaper or other news organization, along with the privilege of using it first.
    an exclusive right or privilege: to have an exclusive on providing fuel oil to the area.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh i completely expect them to make money of it... what this is about isnt that, its all about being able to obtain them period.

I mean seriously, why on earth should the effort Cryptic has put into these uniforms be lost on a "minor" elitist crowd of players?

Elitist lol

Good one. I guess this means that if you want a car, you should just be able to go and take one out of some "elitist's" garage for yourself, because you should have one too.

We paid for it, it was an exclusive. E-X-C-L-U-S-I-V-E. Look up the meaning.. heck, I even posted it for you.

It had an cost associated with it. Just because you didn't know / didn't care at the time, does not mean you get it now.

But keep whining.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

When something is included in the price of whatever (having done sales for a few years) there is a VALUE to the addition. The value of anything "free" is calculated into the formula of the sale price. Whatever that calculation was... it was part of a PAID SUBSCRIPTION that people.. GHASP.. paid for.

Read the definition of exclusive.. and cry somewhere else.. I hear the Galaxy X posts are nice this time of year.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It was part of the package. That means it has an value into that package. Furthermore do I need to look up the word "exclusive" for you... here .. READ IT.

ex·clu·sive
    –adjective
    not admitting of something else; incompatible: mutually exclusive plans of action.
    omitting from consideration or account (often fol. by of): a profit of ten percent, exclusive of taxes.
    shutting out all others from a part or share: an exclusive right to film the novel.
    disposed to resist the admission of outsiders to association, intimacy, etc.: an exclusive circle of intimate friends.
    admitting only members of a socially restricted or very carefully selected group: an exclusive club.
    Grammar. (of the first person plural) excluding the person or persons spoken to, as we in We'll see you later.Compare inclusive (def. 4).
    –noun
    Journalism. a piece of news, or the reporting of a piece of news, obtained by a newspaper or other news organization, along with the privilege of using it first.
    an exclusive right or privilege: to have an exclusive on providing fuel oil to the area.

My translator blew up. repeat please.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Lifetime subscriptions include:

* Exclusive Retro Future costume set, available only to lifetime subscribers

* Unique Mirror Universe outfit for Star Trek Online, available at the game’s release
    * Exclusive in-game Foxbat action figure, available only to lifetime subscribers
    * Eight additional character slots!

u·nique
       /yuˈnik/ Show Spelled[yoo-neek] Show IPA
    –adjective
    existing as the only one or as the sole example; single; solitary in type or characteristics: a unique copy of an ancient manuscript.
    having no like or equal; unparalleled; incomparable: Bach was unique in his handling of counterpoint.
    limited in occurrence to a given class, situation, or area: a species unique to Australia.
    limited to a single outcome or result; without alternative possibilities: Certain types of problems have unique solutions.
    not typical; unusual: She has a very unique smile.
    –noun
    the embodiment of unique characteristics; the only specimen of a given kind: The unique is also the improbable.

Unique is even more powerfully focused than Exclusive. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

CHECKMATE
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    rof hell no.. dump it on the c-stre :D

Pay for it the same way we did.. or are you too "elitist" to do that and think you are above everybody else?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    u·nique
       /yuˈnik/ Show Spelled[yoo-neek] Show IPA
    –adjective
    existing as the only one or as the sole example; single; solitary in type or characteristics: a unique copy of an ancient manuscript.
    having no like or equal; unparalleled; incomparable: Bach was unique in his handling of counterpoint.
    limited in occurrence to a given class, situation, or area: a species unique to Australia.
    limited to a single outcome or result; without alternative possibilities: Certain types of problems have unique solutions.
    not typical; unusual: She has a very unique smile.
    –noun
    the embodiment of unique characteristics; the only specimen of a given kind: The unique is also the improbable.

from STEAM
    The Star Trek Online Digital Deluxe Edition offers such bonuses as five exclusive in-game items as well as the ability to play as a “Joined Trill” – a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience. The five exclusive in-game items include:

Original Star Trek Uniform Set: Three uniforms from the original series (blue, red, yellow).
    Exclusive “KHAAAN!” Emote: An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk’s unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry… “KHAAAN!”
    Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote: Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture –the blood wine toast.
    Unique Registry Prefix: Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.
    Unique Ship Item: Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.

all i can say is.. oh dear

now one of these "excluive" items... aint.. so... wanna take a guese?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I agree they should be available through some other means
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    from STEAM

all i can say is.. oh dear

now one of these "excluive" items... aint.. so... wanna take a guese?

and what about the UNIQUE ones :D
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    and what about the UNIQUE ones :D

the word has many meanings :D
  • Options
    edited May 2010

ex·clu·sive
    –adjective
    –noun

Hmm...Cryptic must have a different dictionary than you. Apparently, "exclusive" to them means "only limited to a certain number of people until we decide to offer them in a different fashion...possibly for more money". Almost all of the above quoted definitions are contrary to what the company has done.

Let me give you a couple examples, both of which have been a hot topic lately. First off, they offered the TOS unis as an exclusive item. Guess what? They decided to give it out for free later on. Next, they decide to open up the Captain's Table as an exclusive item for all lifetime subs. Guess what? They decided to give it out for people who pay for 400+ days.

See the trend here? Exclusive and unique don't mean jack when it comes down to potential sales and revenue. There are people who want the item, but are willing to do something for it. There are people who have the item but are dead set on keeping it for themselves and will only give it up if they pry it from your cold, dead hands. Can't we make a compromise and meet in the middle?
This discussion has been closed.