test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    Thanks, Alan! I did. It was nice just to get out of town for a while.

I look forward to creating them.

And yes, I hope they sort it out soon. I can't take any decent screen shots (in the Tailor screen) until they do.

:cool:

you know, you can still zoom with the scroll wheel, right?

I can't wait to see your take on the cadet uniforms, and what do you think about a set of 2409 Surface Operations Blacks?
    edited July 2011
    ACES_HIGH wrote: »
    you know, you can still zoom with the scroll wheel, right?

I can't wait to see your take on the cadet uniforms, and what do you think about a set of 2409 Surface Operations Blacks?

No, I can't. When I try to use the mouse scroll the button setting pulls it back to whichever setting it was on. So, if the button is set on the Full Zoom, I try to pull back and it yanks me right back to Full Zoom. That is, unless this patch fixed that problem. I can't tell yet as I am at work at the moment.

Yeah, well if the Tailor screen is fixed you may see them soon. If not...
    You mean the Matte choices that are now available? I like them, but unfortunately they don't match any of the 2409 Pants now, since they don't have the alternate texture.

edited July 2011
    Hey hello Blackavaar
    At First sorry when you have Problems with my ENglisch but i'am a German user ;)
    I watched and used your Guides for the most of my CHarackters and i want to say thank you and Great work.
    I Hope we will see the new Cadet Uniforms in the next time (When you Have the exact blue color for this Uniforms we see In-Game it will be great when you will post it here)

Thank you and you're very welcome.

I don't know if I'll be able to match the pale teal color they used in the C-Store image. It looks like the devs have once again used shades that are not available to us. Of course, I'll get as close as I possibly can.

edited July 2011

You mean the Matte choices that are now available? I like them, but unfortunately they don't match any of the 2409 Pants now, since they don't have the alternate texture.

by surface operations blacks, I was referring to the uniforms we see in "Nor the Battle to the Strong"

http://www.st-spike.org/images/uniforms/2373-2394/uniforms_36.gif
    edited July 2011
    I have forgotten a question.
    You also have create a guide for Starship's but we all know one big probelm in the Ship selection screen..:We can not select WIndows and escape Pod's separate.In my opinion the two types of Triangeld Escape Pods are the last we have see on Screen.
    When it came possible to select this things separet you will refresh the guide and what is your oppinion to this?
    edited July 2011
    ACES_HIGH wrote: »
    by surface operations blacks, I was referring to the uniforms we see in "Nor the Battle to the Strong"

http://www.st-spike.org/images/uniforms/2373-2394/uniforms_36.gif

Oh, you mean using the new Cadet uniforms to make a mock-up of that uniform. Yeah, I was thinking that too. I was also thinking that it might make a good mock-up for the Voyager Training uniforms.

edited July 2011
    I have forgotten a question.
    You also have create a guide for Starship's but we all know one big probelm in the Ship selection screen..:We can not select WIndows and escape Pod's separate.In my opinion the two types of Triangeld Escape Pods are the last we have see on Screen.
    When it came possible to select this things separet you will refresh the guide and what is your oppinion to this?

I agree, it would be nice to select the details (escape pods, etc.) separately from the windows and if/when they do make them separate I will update my guides to reflect that.

edited July 2011
    Yay! Hope hope.

Thanks! I wasn't the biggest fan of this design at first, but the devs did a great job of developing it for the game and now I can't wait to have an Odyssey class of my own. I only wish we could see it on the silver screen at some point.

lol Yeah, that's what it all boils down to. :) Unfortunately after recently visiting Starfleet Academy (which is just an amazing looking locale that the devs have put together btw) following the most recent patch and in attempting a costume change there, the zoom issue is...well...still an issue I'm afraid. :(

Speaking of costumes...I know I asked you if you were going to be working on the guides for the Academy Instructor uniforms from the SFA comic...but I think that should go on the back burner and that the cadet and Academy staff uniform guides should definitely be worked on first. The devs have done a fantastic job with them! I think they're great! I just think I'd prefer to see the guides for these latest additions done first ahead of the SFA comic uniform guides.

From first seeing the rough beginnings of the Enterprise-F I always thought was a nice design and had plenty of potential and the finished product has pretty much blown me away. It would be great to see it on the big screen but I'm content with this monitor and at least the ship isn't coming in to STO quietly so that's cool. :cool:
    edited July 2011
    Any ETA on when the new cadet unifroms guide will come out I really like your guide it really helps when i go to make a uniform from the shows =).

ps: i used the Jupitar unifrom guide and all the lines are confusing but the guide still helped a lot.
    edited July 2011
    LtSmith wrote:
    Any ETA on when the new cadet unifroms guide will come out I really like your guide it really helps when i go to make a uniform from the shows =).

ps: i used the Jupitar unifrom guide and all the lines are confusing but the guide still helped a lot.

I am working on the guides now. I've got the colors down but the screen shots are proving difficult with the current Tailor zoom issues.

For anyone in a hurry here are the numbers.

Cadet uniforms:
    Command Division Top: F15 A11 H2
    Command Division Pants: H1 A11
    Shoes: H1

Sciences Division Top: F15 E12 H2
    Command Division Pants: H1 E12

Operations Division Top: F15 C12 H2
    Command Division Pants: H1 C12

Instructor uniforms:
    Command Division Top: H1 A11 A4

Sciences Division Top: H1 E12 E4

Operations Division Top: H1 C12 C4

The full guides will be up soon.
    Until then, Enjoy!

edited July 2011
    What color do you use for the rank pips? Or is this one of those examples where the color of something on the uniform can not be changed?
    edited July 2011
    don't forget club 602 uniforms; I had a hard time getting the purple, I don't those shades are available to us
    edited July 2011
    What color do you use for the rank pips? Or is this one of those examples where the color of something on the uniform can not be changed?

Badges and Rank pips are both A6.
    don't forget club 602 uniforms; I had a hard time getting the purple, I don't those shades are available to us

I'll get those as well as the vendors. I just didn't have time to color match them last night. I'll have more time over the weekend.

edited July 2011
    I know it would be a huge amount of work, but it would be really cool if you could add the colour codes to these guides. :D
    edited July 2011
    Aisling wrote:
    I know it would be a huge amount of work, but it would be really cool if you could add the colour codes to these guides. :D

I am currently working on converting the guides to use the color codes instead of the pointers. As you said it is a huge amount of work with nearly 300 guides to update but it will be done. Here are the samples I made of what they will eventually look like.

Antares 01 Sciences Blue Uniform

DS9 Klingon Female 1

The new Cadet guides will be up before the first of those updates though.

edited July 2011
    Lovely. Are you going to make a whole new thread and consolidate all your posts into one (with links and stuff)?
    edited July 2011
    There's a post with the poster's guess at the Academy colors here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=225088&page=3 (top of the page). Just posting it for perusal here.
    edited July 2011
    I am working on the guides now. I've got the colors down but the screen shots are proving difficult with the current Tailor zoom issues.

Cadet uniforms:

Instructor uniforms:

Until then, Enjoy!

Thanks for posting these Blackavaar, I can now make my main characters instructors uniform look more authentic :D
    edited July 2011
    Aisling wrote:
    Lovely. Are you going to make a whole new thread and consolidate all your posts into one (with links and stuff)?

No new thread. The new versions will be uploaded to replace the old and the links to them will remain the same. I may do a little reorganizing to make room here and there, but otherwise everything in this guide will remain intact.
    Felderburg wrote: »
    There's a post with the poster's guess at the Academy colors here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=225088&page=3 (top of the page). Just posting it for perusal here.

Thanks but I color matched the Cadet and Instructor uniforms last night. See the color codes above. I did this by standing or walking next to the NPCs at the Academy and continuously recoloring until it looked right. The only color I couldn't match exactly was the pale teal used for the Sciences division stripes. That appears to be a color that is not available to us. E12 is pretty darn close though. The full guides for these will likely be up later today.

Note: I managed to find a trick to get my screen shots. As long as you do not click the Zoom buttons at all you can still effectively use the mouse wheel to zoom to the level you want. While it's a little clunky (for me at least) I was able to get the shots I wanted.

edited July 2011
    Thanks for posting these Blackavaar, I can now make my main characters instructors uniform look more authentic :D

You're very welcome.

edited July 2011
    Thanks but I color matched the Cadet and Instructor uniforms last night. See the color codes above. I did this by standing or walking next to the NPCs at the Academy and continuously recoloring until it looked right. The only color I couldn't match exactly was the pale teal used for the Sciences division stripes. That appears to be a color that is not available to us. E12 is pretty darn close though. The full guides for these will likely be up later today.

Yeah, I saw that, just thought I'd post it for general interest.
    edited July 2011

Cadet uniforms:

Instructor uniforms:

Until then, Enjoy!

After many back and fros later with Lt. Commander S'arkee (Sciences Instructor) in the adjacent Officers room. He is in good light. I think the colors would be better translated as:

Sciences Division Top: H1 F12 F15
    Command Division Pants: H1 F12

I say this because the shoulder color is more matted as a faded but still bright F series. The strip is the most vibrant of the F imo so F12 suits it.

Big fan of your work. Hope the zoom bug is fixed soon.
    edited July 2011
    nynik wrote:
    After many back and fros later with Lt. Commander S'arkee (Sciences Instructor) in the adjacent Officers room. He is in good light. I think the colors would be better translated as:

Sciences Division Top: H1 F12 F15
    Command Division Pants: H1 F12

I say this because the shoulder color is more matted as a faded but still bright F series. The strip is the most vibrant of the F imo so F12 suits it.

Big fan of your work. Hope the zoom bug is fixed soon.

I noticed him too, but it appears he is wearing a Sciences variant. The other Science Instructors walking the yard don't match his colors. Thanks for the color choices. I will likely add his uniform as the Science Instructors and re-designate the teal versions as the Medical Instructors.

edited July 2011
    Ah, yeah I noticed that now. There was even a cadet who had the blue continue down onto her skirt as a primary color, versus ones without and those with trousers... ^^
    edited July 2011
    Here is the first batch of Academy uniforms, done in the New Style. Variants (like the Skirts) will be added soon.

Academy Cadet Uniforms:

Command Declared Uniform
    Operations Declared Uniform
    Sciences Declared Uniform

Academy Instructor Uniforms:

Command Division Uniform
    Operations Division Uniform
    Sciences Division Uniform

Enjoy!

edited July 2011
    Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all of these questions, Blackavaar!
    edited July 2011
    Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all of these questions, Blackavaar!

No problem, Kit.

And it may interest you to know that I will be working on Klingon Veteran Shoulder guides to match the Klingon uniform guides. I will have them up by some time next week, along with more Academy variants.

edited July 2011
    Here is the first batch of Academy uniforms, done in the New Style. Variants (like the Skirts) will be added soon.

Academy Cadet Uniforms:

Command Declared Uniform
    Operations Declared Uniform
    Sciences Declared Uniform

Academy Instructor Uniforms:

Command Division Uniform
    Operations Division Uniform
    Sciences Division Uniform

Enjoy!

The new guide style is great and you've chosen a great set of uniforms to launch it on! Awesome work, man! :)
    edited July 2011
    Great work as usual, Blackavaar.

A little off-topic, but when did they add the visual letter-number color code box in STO's tailor? I just noticed it today and was glad to see it, as it was a headache to count the color boxes.
    edited July 2011
    Alan_81 wrote: »
    The new guide style is great and you've chosen a great set of uniforms to launch it on! Awesome work, man! :)
    maximus92 wrote: »
    Great work as usual, Blackavaar.

A little off-topic, but when did they add the visual letter-number color code box in STO's tailor? I just noticed it today and was glad to see it, as it was a headache to count the color boxes.

Thank you both.

The color coding was added with Season Four. Don't you love it? It makes it so much easier to find the colors you are looking for. Of course, it has given me a whole lot of work to do updating my guides to go with it, but it is still a simple yet great addition to the game. And it does make creating the guides a lot faster in the end.

This discussion has been closed.