Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Four new additions for the KDF players.

Gorn 1
    Gorn 2
    Gorn 3

and FF (Final Frontier) Uniform mock-up.

FF Klingon Captain 1

Also, nearly all TOS uniform guides have now been updated to the new style. The only ones not updated are the Technician and Mirror Uniforms, which I will be working on over the weekend.

More to come. Enjoy!

:cool:
    edited September 2011
    Any Open Jacket Variants for the Antares and Sierra Uniforms?

I know you made guides for them in the old style, but I don't see any in the new style yet.
    edited September 2011
    KiraYamato wrote:
    Any Open Jacket Variants for the Antares and Sierra Uniforms?

I know you made guides for them in the old style, but I don't see any in the new style yet.

Yes, those are all complete. Check the 25th Century Variants section.

edited September 2011
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    Yes, those are all complete. Check the 25th Century Variants section.

Ah. :)

Thanks!! :D:cool:
    edited September 2011
    KiraYamato wrote:
    Ah. :)

Thanks!! :D:cool:

Anytime, man.

edited September 2011
    Hey Blackavaar, thank you for all this effort. Can you tell me how you got the Orion toons armor to appear with the corsets? Since season 2 went live, I have never been able to get it that way. I've been convinced it was a bug all this time. Until I saw these. Thanks.
    edited September 2011
    Grox wrote: »
    Hey Blackavaar, thank you for all this effort. Can you tell me how you got the Orion toons armor to appear with the corsets? Since season 2 went live, I have never been able to get it that way. I've been convinced it was a bug all this time. Until I saw these. Thanks.

You can't use those parts together any more. The change came about midway through Season 2 when they added the Klingon Armor pieces and somehow managed to lump the Orion stuff in with them. I have reported it as a bug many times and posted such on the forums. If they just made Bare Chest an option under Armor for Orions (as it is with Gorn now) they could use the Harnesses properly again. Unfortunately it's not an issue that gets a lot of support because it's not about new content or F2P so all we can do is wait and hope they get to it someday.

:(
    edited September 2011
    I was curious to ask what inspired the T'Pol belt on the Jag Officer Uniform - Female? I don't recall a reference to that detail.
    edited September 2011
    I was curious to ask what inspired the T'Pol belt on the Jag Officer Uniform - Female? I don't recall a reference to that detail.

That was just added to give the mock-up a bit of gold trim to give it more of a Dress Uniform look rather than just a red Nurse variant.

edited September 2011
    I find that T'pol's belt and the Jupiter belt compliment a lot of uniforms nicely. As well, they are in ideal locations to cover up seams made when using a different style leg garment than the torso, which is why all my BOffs have a Jupiter or T'Pol belt.

I use the TNG Split Bottom with the AGT torso, the belts blend the two nicely and look great in my opinion.
    edited September 2011
    At this time all TOS and TOS Mirror guides have been updated to the new style, complete with new images and including previously unavailable badges in some cases.

Enjoy!

edited September 2011
    I Have Been Waiting On This Star Trek Online Patching Thing All Day! Why Is It Taking So Olong And What Can I Do To Speed This Thing Up?
    edited September 2011
    SSGB wrote:
    I Have Been Waiting On This Star Trek Online Patching Thing All Day! Why Is It Taking So long And What Can I Do To Speed This Thing Up?

I think that you probably meant to post this in the main Academy section.

If you just bought the game you are now downloading about a year and a half worth of patches. It does take some time (the length of which varies by computer and connection speed) and there is no way to speed it up. I suggest watching some episodes of Star Trek to keep yourself busy until patching is complete.

Good luck and welcome to the game.

edited September 2011
    I know you all are probably as tired of hearing about updates as I am of doing them. So, I decided to add a little something new today just as a token of appreciation for all of your patience.

ENT (Enterprise) variants.

Command Division Excursion Uniform
    Operations Division Excursion Uniform
    Sciences Division Excursion Uniform

This is a mock-up I did of the Enterprise Excursion variants rarely seen during the series. I like the way the look turned out and I hope you all do too. These have been added to the Canon Variants section for easy reference.

Enjoy!

edited September 2011
    I know you all are probably as tired of hearing about updates as I am of doing them. So, I decided to add a little something new today just as a token of appreciation for all of your patience.

ENT (Enterprise) variants....
    Huh. Cool. Thanks again Lord Blackavaar!
    edited September 2011

ENT (Enterprise) variants.

Command Division Excursion Uniform
    Operations Division Excursion Uniform
    Sciences Division Excursion Uniform

This is a mock-up I did of the Enterprise Excursion variants rarely seen during the series. I like the way the look turned out and I hope you all do too. These have been added to the Canon Variants section for easy reference.

Enjoy!

Great idea for variants, pal! Nice thinking! :)
    edited September 2011
    Hey Blackavaar these guides of your are marvelous, just out of curiosity are you planning on updating the Canon ship colours and bridges in near future?

I mean there are allready ships missing from them and the rate they are adding new ships it will only get worse.
    edited September 2011
    Huh. Cool. Thanks again Lord Blackavaar!
    Alan_81 wrote: »
    Great idea for variants, pal! Nice thinking! :)

Thanks, guys! I'm glad you like them.
    Taifuuni wrote:
    Hey Blackavaar these guides of your are marvelous, just out of curiosity are you planning on updating the Canon ship colours and bridges in near future?

I mean there are allready ships missing from them and the rate they are adding new ships it will only get worse.

Yes, I do plan on updating those soon.

edited September 2011
    At this time all Enterprise uniforms, including the T'Pol Jumpsuits and Mirror guides are now updated.

Enjoy!

edited September 2011
    At this time the primary TNG uniform guides have been updated. This includes the Captain's Variants and the Acting Ensign as well as the Counselor Troi Jumpsuits but not the Mirror Universe versions, nor the Cadet or Technician guides. I will get to those very soon.

Enjoy!

edited September 2011
    Awesome Blackavaar! Thank you so much.

I came here from the STOwiki page, hoping for some updates! Glad I did.

The STOwiki page has not been updated with your stuff in a few months... kinda sad about that, I rather like how they have things set up.

Thanks for all the uniform goodness, keep it up! And whoever was updating the STO wiki, I wish you would start back up again.
    edited September 2011
    Awesome Blackavaar! Thank you so much.

I came here from the STOwiki page, hoping for some updates! Glad I did.

The STOwiki page has not been updated with your stuff in a few months... kinda sad about that, I rather like how they have things set up.

Thanks for all the uniform goodness, keep it up! And whoever was updating the STO wiki, I wish you would start back up again.

Actually, I am the one who updates the STOwiki pages too. I'm just holding off on updating those until the guides are all switched to the new style. I figured it would look kind of patchy if the styles varied from section to section.

I promise to update them soon though.

edited September 2011
    Quick question. On your screenshot for the Motion Picture badge, you have the second color option as customizable. However I only ever have one customizable color option in the game. How do you get the second color option?
    edited September 2011
    Bottle0rum wrote:
    Quick question. On your screenshot for the Motion Picture badge, you have the second color option as customizable. However I only ever have one customizable color option in the game. How do you get the second color option?

Are you playing a Female character?

There's a bug on the Female version of the Motion Picture badge. My best work around is to switch to another badge, choose the second color on that badge and then switch back. This still limits you to only the metallic colors however, which means most divisional colors are not available. Hopefully they will fix this issue someday.

edited September 2011
    Yeah, it's a female character. Good to know I wasn't doing anything wrong. Hopefully they do fix it sooner rather than later.
    edited September 2011
    Bottle0rum wrote:
    Yeah, it's a female character. Good to know I wasn't doing anything wrong. Hopefully they do fix it sooner rather than later.

If you haven't already, you might want to put in a Bug Ticket for it. The more tickets they get, the faster it will get fixed.

edited September 2011
    All TNG Cadet uniforms are now updated.

For the KDF side, all 25th Century Klingon uniforms have been updated.

Enjoy!

edited September 2011
    All TNG Cadet uniforms are now updated.

For the KDF side, all 25th Century Klingon uniforms have been updated.

Enjoy!

Thanks for those latest updates, mate! Nice work! :cool:

Was wondering...will you create a guide for the uniform worn by the officer on Earth Spacedock that presides over the promotion ceremonies?

Cheers! :)
    edited September 2011
    Alan_81 wrote: »
    Thanks for those latest updates, mate! Nice work! :cool:

Was wondering...will you create a guide for the uniform worn by the officer on Earth Spacedock that presides over the promotion ceremonies?

Cheers! :)

Thanks!

Ha ha ha! Since my post "5 Pips?" I have received a number of requests for that variant. Yes, I will be working on that as well as some other surprises over the weekend.

edited September 2011
    Thanks!

Ha ha ha! Since my post "5 Pips?" I have received a number of requests for that variant. Yes, I will be working on that as well as some other surprises over the weekend.

Okay, you caught me. Yeah, since the "5 Pips" post. LOL But I'm at least in good company when it came to asking for it and it is a good idea which I'm glad to see you're in agreement with.

I look forward to seeing all the guide surprises you have in store for us. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.