What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Alan_81 wrote: »
    Hey Blackavaar!
    I've just been browsing through your uniform guides and whilst looking at the "Miral Paris Variant" it got me wondering if maybe the uniform she wore could be a variant that only Security Chiefs are allowed. Captain's have their variants so is it possible for other department heads such as Chief Medical Officers, Chief Engineers, etc. to have their optional uniform variations too to distinguish themselves from the staff? If you think that's plausible, would you consider possibly thinking up some guides as to what you reckon would be suitable variants for department heads?

Just some food for thought. :)

You'll be interested to know that I was actually already considering something along those lines. Great minds, huh? There will be a Chief Medical Officer Variant for the Jupiter 04 uniform. More will come as time permits.

:cool:
    edited June 2011
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    You'll be interested to know that I was actually already considering something along those lines. Great minds, huh? There will be a Chief Medical Officer Variant for the Jupiter 04 uniform. More will come as time permits.

First off, great work with the latest Jupiter Uniform guides! I've just bought 6 new uniform slots and those will be getting dedicated to my 500-day vet reward uniforms (5-days to go! woo-hoo!) and your guides will most certainly be very helpful.

Great to hear you're on the same page as me regarding department head uniform variants! I'm sure you've already got a lot on your plate to work on so there's absolutely no rush mate.

Just a quick question regarding the Jupiter Uniform 1 guide you've created..I'm surprised to see it without the belt. Is that how it's supposed to be?
    edited June 2011
    Just a quick question regarding the Jupiter Uniform 1 guide you've created..I'm surprised to see it without the belt. Is that how it's supposed to be?

Yes. If you look at the sides you'll notice that there are pockets there. The belt obscures them and would make them unusable were this a real piece of clothing. Hence it was left off.

edited June 2011
    Yes. If you look at the sides you'll notice that there are pockets there. The belt obscures them and would make them unusable were this a real piece of clothing. Hence it was left off.

The devil is in the detail, they say. I'm incredibly glad it's you doing these guides and not me. :cool:

I have to say it is nice to see 25th century uniforms have pockets. I thought they'd become extinct from uniforms some time after the 22nd century. :)
    edited June 2011

Greetings Lord Blackavaar,

In general, the Jupiter 04 is by far my favorite of the Jupiters. There's just something cool to me about the "open jacket" look of this one. I also like the texture of the "undershirt".

That said, I really loved your Chief Medical Officer Variant uniform. The color combo is great! I've attempted on other costumes to try for a "white" look, but it always comes out as a too glowy white (if that makes sense). You have picked a shade that looks more natural. I also like that you didn't go with the Jupiter pants/shoes, but rather more standard pants that look, to me at least, "scrubs-like", and shoes that are less "combat boot" and more "working in a hospital, standing on your feet/comfortable/utility" look.

I could totally picture that doctor in your picture wearing a stethoscope (Yeah, I know they didn't sport them in ST canon, I'm just saying...).

I look forward to putting this on my Sci next time she visits the Tailor.

Thanks!
    edited June 2011
    Greetings Lord Blackavaar,

In general, the Jupiter 04 is by far my favorite of the Jupiters. There's just something cool to me about the "open jacket" look of this one. I also like the texture of the "undershirt".

That said, I really loved your Chief Medical Officer Variant uniform. The color combo is great! I've attempted on other costumes to try for a "white" look, but it always comes out as a too glowy white (if that makes sense). You have picked a shade that looks more natural. I also like that you didn't go with the Jupiter pants/shoes, but rather more standard pants that look, to me at least, "scrubs-like", and shoes that are less "combat boot" and more "working in a hospital, standing on your feet/comfortable/utility" look.

I could totally picture that doctor in your picture wearing a stethoscope (Yeah, I know they didn't sport them in ST canon, I'm just saying...).

I look forward to putting this on my Sci next time she visits the Tailor.

Thanks!

Thank you! That is exactly the feel I was going for. I'm glad you like it.

edited June 2011
    Black, have you seen 25th Century Section 31 Uniform Varaints?
    edited June 2011
    superlink1 wrote: »
    Black, have you seen 25th Century Section 31 Uniform Varaints?

Well, they used to use these.

25th Century Section 31 Uniforms.

Command Red
    Security/Engineering Gold
    Sciences Gray
    Medical Teal

But then they switched to this.

Sloan Uniform (DS9)

Section 31

But for the Jupiters, not in-game, no. I don't think there are any. But I imagine they would look something like this.

Section 31 Variant

It has been added to the Jupiter 05 section. If you don't have the Section 31 uniform, the pants be substituted with the Standard pants and the boots can be substituted with Short Boots. It gives a nearly identical look.

edited June 2011
    Not in-game, no. I don't there are any. But I imagine they would look something like this.

Section 31 Variant

It has been added to the Jupiter 05 section. If you don't have the Section 31 uniform, the pants be substituted with the Standard pants and the boots can be substituted with Short Boots. It gives a nearly identical look.

well i made my own week ago on STO Wiki.

25th Century Section 31 Jupiter Variant Uniforms

edited June 2011
    well i made my own week ago on STO Wiki.

25th Century Section 31 Jupiter Variant Uniforms

Not bad, but those really aren't guides. I tried to emulate the Sloan (DS9) version as much as possible, which is what the in-game characters use now. And since the Sloan version doesn't use a badge or belt I left them out. It will be added to the wiki when I get the chance.

edited June 2011
    Not bad, but those really aren't guides. I tried to emulate the Sloan (DS9) version as much as possible, which is what the in-game characters use now. And since the Sloan version doesn't use a badge or belt I left them out. It will be added to the wiki when I get the chance.

eh it's ok and fine
    edited June 2011
    eh it's ok and fine

Don't get me wrong. I like yours too. It's just that I can't tell which parts you are using clearly. Which pants did you use with that? I can't tell from just the screen shots. Are those the Jupiter 02 pants? And is that the Jupiter 04 top? It's all black so it's hard to tell.

edited June 2011
    Don't get me wrong. I like yours too. It's just that I can't tell which parts you are using clearly. Which pants did you use with that? I can't tell from just the screen shots. Are those the Jupiter 02 pants? And is that the Jupiter 04 top? It's all black so it's hard to tell.

ah Jupiter 02 Pants and Jupiter 03 top maybe Jupiter 04 top i'm not sure.
    edited June 2011
    ah Jupiter 02 Pants and Jupiter 03 top maybe Jupiter 04 top i'm not sure.

Kool. I might do a guide of that and use it for a S31 Combat variant. That is if you don't mind?

edited June 2011
    Kool. I might do a guide of that and use it for a S31 Combat variant. That is if you don't mind?

sure, go ahead. i don't mind.
    edited June 2011
    Guides should guide. A simple picture of something (a uniform in this case) is just a picture.

Peter
    edited June 2011
    Okay. Except for a few variants that I am still working on the Jupiter Uniforms are pretty much complete. Check the Jupiter Uniforms post to see them all.

Still more to come.
    Enjoy!

edited June 2011
    Thank you! That is exactly the feel I was going for. I'm glad you like it.

Outstanding!

Here's your uniform design in an action shot. My Science (Medical) Officer, Danica Pym, working on a patient in ESD:

http://i.imgur.com/rsS0i.jpg

The CMO uni looks great with the Borg Medical Analyzer Kit she's wearing. :D

Disclaimer: No virtual patients were harmed during the making of this photo. LOL
    edited June 2011
    Outstanding!

Here's your uniform design in an action shot. My Science (Medical) Officer, Danica Pym, working on a patient in ESD:

Disclaimer: No virtual patients were harmed during the making of this photo. LOL

Beautiful shot! Love it. And Danica. Great name.

edited June 2011
    Blackavaar, what program do you use to actually make the guides? I have been made my fleet's uniform officer and was curious how you make your guide images.

Secondly, can I post some of your uniform guides on my fleet's site, of course I shall give you all credit :D?

Thanks.
    edited June 2011
    Outstanding!

Looks great! And your Disclaimer...LOL

Regarding the uniform worn by the patient on the bio bed in your picture: Another variant that's worthy of a guide maybe?
    edited June 2011
    it looks like the T'Pol with the default science colors and a combadge
    edited June 2011
    Beautiful shot! Love it. And Danica. Great name.

Thank you. I have always had a fondness for the name Danica. I don't know why. Pym just seemed to work with it.
    Looks great! And your Disclaimer...LOL

Regarding the uniform worn by the patient on the bio bed in your picture: Another variant that's worthy of a guide maybe?
    Heh! Thanks. The patient is a random NPC located in the ESD Sick Bay. I think ACES is correct, that she's wearing the T'Pol uni with basic "Science" colors. I sort of posed with her, used the "Medical Tricorder" emote, and snapped a screen shot.
    edited June 2011
    Blackavaar, what program do you use to actually make the guides? I have been made my fleet's uniform officer and was curious how you make your guide images.

Secondly, can I post some of your uniform guides on my fleet's site, of course I shall give you all credit :D?

Thanks.

I use primarily Adobe Photoshop, but the pointers and squares were created using Adobe Illustrator.

Feel free to post my guides on your Fleet's site.

edited June 2011
    I use primarily Adobe Photoshop, but the pointers and squares were created using Adobe Illustrator.

Feel free to post my guides on your Fleet's site.

Thanks, your work is invaluable.
    edited June 2011
    I recently got my 500-day vet reward and loving the Jupiter uniforms immensely.

Here's an image of my Vice Admiral and my Chief Medical Officer wearing the Jupiter 3 Uniform: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Alan-WK/screenshot_2011-06-19-22-04-59-1.jpg

One minor thing that I believe Blackavaar mentioned earlier...it isn't possible to adjust the colour of the hoops on the veteran belt like you can on the Jupiter belt. I hope the devs are aware of this and get it fixed ASAP.
    edited June 2011
    Hey, Blackavaar, how're the "R&D Uniforms" coming? :cool:
    edited June 2011
    KiraYamato wrote:
    Hey, Blackavaar, how're the "R&D Uniforms" coming? :cool:

They're coming along. I expect to have them posted before the end of the week.

edited June 2011
    They're coming along. I expect to have them posted before the end of the week.

Nice!! :)

I look forward to seeing them. :D:cool:
This discussion has been closed.