test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    u can get the Cstore Jupiter Uniform pack now...

as for Veteran Jupiter Uniform...thats at 500 days

i don't have enough cstore money now :o
    edited June 2011
    superlink1 wrote: »
    i don't have enough cstore money now :o

Ditto...but even if I did I'm still planning to wait. Why buy them when you can get them for free. Another 18 days or so from now they will be mine as part of my 500 day Vet reward. Oh, yes...they will be mine. :)
    edited June 2011
    Alan_81 wrote: »
    Ditto...but even if I did I'm still planning to wait. Why buy them when you can get them for free. Another 18 days or so from now they will be mine as part of my 500 day Vet reward. Oh, yes...they will be mine. :)

You'll only be getting that one uniform with the metallic sheen, then. Me, I went ahead and got the entire pack, so I get five new jackets and five new sets of pants IN ADDITION to the Veteran Rewards I'll be receiving in 15 days. :D:cool:
    edited June 2011
    Can you do the Jupiter uniforms that aren't veteran? :)
    edited June 2011
    KiraYamato wrote:
    You'll only be getting that one uniform with the metallic sheen, then. Me, I went ahead and got the entire pack, so I get five new jackets and five new sets of pants IN ADDITION to the Veteran Rewards I'll be receiving in 15 days. :D:cool:

I'm kinda torn between buying the new Jupiter Pack or just letting things be. On the one hand, in the past I went and bought uniforms I intended to use, but never found a use for. On the other hand, I do kinda want it there if I ever do a mix-n-match custom uniform without having to worry about whether or not I need to go buy Cryptic Points or Atari Tokens or whatever they C-Store currency is currently called.
    edited June 2011
    KiraYamato wrote:
    You'll only be getting that one uniform with the metallic sheen...
    Actually with Vet Reward you get two versions of the Vet jacket: With and without the metallic sheen.
    Sprint01 wrote:
    Can you do the Jupiter uniforms that aren't veteran? :)
    Yup.

To be clear:

Buy C-Store Jupiter Pack, get five uniforms (jackets, pants, and a basic belt). The five jackets have no metallic sheen. No "bling" - These are plain five plain jackets.

The 500-Day Vet Reward (called Relentless) includes an exclusive sixth Jupiter variant uniform and the UFP Belt. You do not need to buy this, you get it free at 500 days paid subscription, whether you buy the C-Store Pack or not. People who buy the C-Store bundle do not get this version.

In addition, when you are Relentless, you also unlock the abilitiy to add bling to all your Jupiter jackets. This means the free version you get with the Vet reward actually comes in two versions - plain and blinged.

So if you are Relentless and also buy the C-Store Jupiter Pack, you get all five of those with plain and bling versions.... Combined, a total of 12 different jackets.

Source:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=3536062#post3536062
    edited June 2011
    I am one of those people who really like going by a canon ( Either game canon or official canon ) guide when it comes to uniforms in this game. I recently purchased the Jupiter series Uniforms at the C-store and can not use them as I am unable to find any sort of color canon guide. I hate guessing on colors !

I am at a loss here.... I have come to rely on Blackavaar's Guides so much - That I can't wear a uniform unless he has released the guide for it !

I know the uniforms just came out... But I am in agony over this...... :eek:

Please Help...... Ahhhhh !
    edited June 2011
    VonStar wrote: »
    I am one of those people who really like going by a canon ( Either game canon or official canon ) guide when it comes to uniforms in this game. I recently purchased the Jupiter series Uniforms at the C-store and can not use them as I am unable to find any sort of color canon guide. I hate guessing on colors !

I am at a loss here.... I have come to rely on Blackavaar's Guides so much - That I can't wear a uniform unless he has released the guide for it !

I know the uniforms just came out... But I am in agony over this...... :eek:

Please Help...... Ahhhhh !

Sorry, Von, but you're going to have to wait a little bit. My home comp crashed and until I can get it up and going again I can't really do much of anything. Don't worry though. I am on it and will have the guides up ASAP.

Until then I can guide you with text as best I can using this Color Chart. Now this is just based off of the uniforms as shown in the C-Store and what few lighting tests I was able to get done last night before my comp crashed.

The colors should be ordered like this; Red B2, Gray B12, Gray B10, Gray B12 for most of the uniforms. Substitute Red B2 with Gold B1 for Operations and Blue B2 for Sciences. Color pant stripe or deco to match. Use Pants 01 with Top 01, use Pants 02 with Top 02 and 03 and use Pants 04 and 05 with Top 04 and 05. Use the belt only with Tops 02, 03 and 05. The others have details that the belt would obscure.

Hope that helps for now. Like I said, I'll have the image guides up as soon as I can.

Enjoy!

:cool:
    edited June 2011
    Thanks Blackavaar for all your help. Hope your system gets back up soon. Thanks again for all your effort on making a uniform guide possible.

Take Care.
    edited June 2011
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    Sorry, Von, but you're going to have to wait a little bit. My home comp crashed and until I can get it up and going again I can't really do much of anything. Don't worry though. I am on it and will have the guides up ASAP.

Until then I can guide you with text as best I can using this Color Chart. Now this is just based off of the uniforms as shown in the C-Store and what few lighting tests I was able to get done last night before my comp crashed.

The colors should be ordered like this; Red B2, Gray B12, Gray B10, Gray B12 for most of the uniforms. Substitute Red B2 with Gold B1 for Operations and Blue B2 for Sciences. Color pant stripe or deco to match. Use Pants 01 with Top 01, use Pants 02 with Top 02 and 03 and use Pants 04 and 05 with Top 04 and 05. Use the belt only with Tops 02, 03 and 05. The others have details that the belt would obscure.

Hope that helps for now. Like I said, I'll have the image guides up as soon as I can.

Enjoy!

could i help with my own picture for that?

EDIT:
    i made a Section 31 Jupiter Variant
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/33563272@N03/sets/72157626756692857/
    by changing all color to black for unifrom and combadge too, and kept the belt black too. it looked good
    edited June 2011
    Just out of interest, has anyone given any thought to what 25th century Starfleet Marine Corps uniforms would look like? There doesn't appear to be any really official source, soft or otherwise, which details them, and when searching for examples I saw everything from regular Starfleet uniforms with a light green-olive colour replacing the normal division colours, to some horrifying amalgams of DS9 uniforms, Enterprise uniforms, and real life American Marine Dress Blues(*shudder*).

I suppose that, ideally, SFMs would wear armour, but as the game's armour is A: godawful looking and B: colour-locked based on class, that's not really an option. I wasn't able to come up with anything satisfying, but I only spent a half-hour on it, perhaps you chaps have some ideas?
    edited June 2011
    Since when is there a Starfleet Marine Corps? The closest I ever heard of such a thing was the MACOs of Enterprise, which I always thought were absorbed by normal Ship Security by the 23rd Century.
    edited June 2011
    there's never officially been one mentioned in canon, but it's been recognised in fanon for years
    edited June 2011
    Since when is there a Starfleet Marine Corps? The closest I ever heard of such a thing was the MACOs of Enterprise, which I always thought were absorbed by normal Ship Security by the 23rd Century.

According to the book 'Needs of the many...' MACO is still an independent organization by the 25th century.
    edited June 2011
    Its not a huge stretch to imagine it exists in at least some form. Specialized shipborne planetary assault troops would be a requirement to maintain any semblance of defense against hostile powers for any star faring nation.
    edited June 2011
    I am now in the process of collecting as many images I can of Starfleet Marine Corps uniforms. I've found some really good ones. I plan on creating a mock-up for each of the Standard Duty Uniform, the Combat/Mission Uniform and the Dress Uniform. These will be added to the Soft Canon/Fan Choice section when they are finished.

A mock-up of the MACO uniforms from Enterprise is also in the works.

These have both been scheduled for addition after the Jupiter uniforms, which I plan on having up by next week.

edited June 2011
    Sounds awesome, I love all the awesome work you've put in for this guide.

I have to say, I wish there was a community awards part of STO, cuz I would definitely nominating you. :)
    edited June 2011
    How's progress coming on the "R&D Uniforms"? :D:cool:
    edited June 2011
    ACES_HIGH wrote: »
    there's never officially been one mentioned in canon, but it's been recognised in fanon for years

That's not completely true. DS9 made a couple passing references to "ground troops", and the "Siege of Ar-558" gave the implication that those troops were better trained in ground combat than most Starfleet.
    edited June 2011
    Cuatela wrote:
    That's not completely true. DS9 made a couple passing references to "ground troops", and the "Siege of Ar-558" gave the implication that those troops were better trained in ground combat than most Starfleet.

Yep, in addition the script for "...Nor the battle to the strong" also specifically refers to the wounded chappy in the minefield as a soldier, as opposed to a starfleet security officer. The problem is that beyond that, there are no canon sources, and only a couple of very vague soft-canon sources; everything else is fanfic. I'll be interested to see what Blackavaar comes up with, some of the other examples out there are...questionable, to say the least :P
    edited June 2011
    Woot, the SFMC has always been a favorite bit of speculation to me. It will be nice to see what you conjure up.
    edited June 2011
    A7K wrote: »
    Woot, the SFMC has always been a favorite bit of speculation to me. It will be nice to see what you conjure up.

MACOs should be in STO sometimes after Season 4.

Black, they're adding probably around 2 to 3 variants of original MACOs uniforms not sure at that.
    edited June 2011
    My computer is back up and running strong again. I've completed my lighting tests for the Jupiter Uniforms and have taken most of the screen shots I need. All I have to do is assemble them into guides now. Keep watching. They'll be up soon.
    KiraYamato wrote:
    How's progress coming on the "R&D Uniforms"? :D:cool:

They're on my board too. Don't worry. I didn't forget you.
    superlink1 wrote: »
    MACOs should be in STO sometimes after Season 4.

Black, they're adding probably around 2 to 3 variants of original MACOs uniforms not sure at that.

Sweet! Can't wait.

edited June 2011
    They're on my board too. Don't worry. I didn't forget you.

Glad to hear it, and I look forward to seeing them. :D:cool:
    edited June 2011
    The devs are delivering more uniforms! 2409 cadet uniforms this time! Check out Daniel Stahl's Twitter entry here: http://twitter.com/#!/Cryptic_dStahl and here's the pic of character artist J-Nas working on the uniform: http://yfrog.com/z/5p9b9aj

Here's hoping that they'll be made available in the C-Store and not just seen being worn by background characters strolling around the Academy.
    edited June 2011
    My computer is back up and running strong again. I've completed my lighting tests for the Jupiter Uniforms and have taken most of the screen shots I need. All I have to do is assemble them into guides now. Keep watching. They'll be up soon.
    Do you have any idea how to solve those issues?
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3583813&postcount=76
    Especially the Jupiter 3 uni, that is at least a bit inventive (and the sole reason i bought that uniform pack) IMHO, has such stupid errors.

Live long and prosper.
    edited June 2011
    Alan_81 wrote: »
    The devs are delivering more uniforms! 2409 cadet uniforms this time! Check out Daniel Stahl's Twitter entry here: http://twitter.com/#!/Cryptic_dStahl and here's the pic of character artist J-Nas working on the uniform: http://yfrog.com/z/5p9b9aj

Here's hoping that they'll be made available in the C-Store and not just seen being worn by background characters strolling around the Academy.

Nice! Actually I would hope that those would become free additions so that they can be the default uniforms for starting characters, since they will be starting out at the academy now.
    Yreodred wrote:
    Do you have any idea how to solve those issues?
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3583813&postcount=76
    Especially the Jupiter 3 uni, that is at least a bit inventive (and the sole reason i bought that uniform pack) IMHO, has such stupid errors.

Live long and prosper.

I am a bit disappointed in the Jupiter 03 uniform as well. I think that the upper trim you have labeled A should actually be colored along with the lower trim, instead of the main chest area. That way the leather sheen they gave it would not be such a problem unless you specifically colored it so. The only way I have found to make it look good is to keep the chest area in black and dark grays and color the shoulders for the divisions, like the C-Store image. The belt thing on the male version is a bit ridiculous though. It doesn't look completely horrible, but I do like the way the belt actually goes over it on the female version. Hopefully they'll do a touch up on that uniform at some point in the future.

edited June 2011
    I am a bit disappointed in the Jupiter 03 uniform as well. I think that the upper trim you have labeled A should actually be colored along with the lower trim, instead of the main chest area. That way the leather sheen they gave it would not be such a problem unless you specifically colored it so. The only way I have found to make it look good is to keep the chest area in black and dark grays and color the shoulders for the divisions, like the C-Store image. The belt thing on the male version is a bit ridiculous though. It doesn't look completely horrible, but I do like the way the belt actually goes over it on the female version. Hopefully they'll do a touch up on that uniform at some point in the future.

Yeah, that would help a bit.
    Coloring a big part of the uniform in Shiny black leather... i don't know if like my captain to run around like that, to be honest.
    I don't know what the devs have been thinking when making that uniform, lol.

Maybe i'll just take the belt and make a "Yesterday's Enterprise" Mock up uniform for myself. :)

EDIT:
    Btw, the TNG series Uniform has the same problem at the collar, it's much brighter than the choosen color.
    http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g420/Yreodred/Star%20Trek%20Online/TNGColor001.jpg
    What do they think when doing stuff like that? :mad:

EDIT:
    Another thing i noticed about the TNG uniform. The Female variants collar (A) seems to be the same color as (B).
    http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g420/Yreodred/Star%20Trek%20Online/TNGcolor002.jpg
    Why is it brighter on the male variant?
    Why can't the male variants have the same quality as the female variants?

I really would like to know what the devs have to say about that....

Live long and prosper.
    edited June 2011
    Nice! Actually I would hope that those would become free additions so that they can be the default uniforms for starting characters, since they will be starting out at the academy now.

That's a grand idea! I'm all for A) Actually sending new ship staff additions through the Academy to be trained and B) Free things. :cool:
    edited June 2011
    Hey Blackavaar!
    I've just been browsing through your uniform guides and whilst looking at the "Miral Paris Variant" it got me wondering if maybe the uniform she wore could be a variant that only Security Chiefs are allowed. Captain's have their variants so is it possible for other department heads such as Chief Medical Officers, Chief Engineers, etc. to have their optional uniform variations too to distinguish themselves from the staff? If you think that's plausible, would you consider possibly thinking up some guides as to what you reckon would be suitable variants for department heads?

Just some food for thought. :)
This discussion has been closed.