test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'd like to see the uniforms worn in the Voyager episode with the race that the Delta Flyer was in.
    edited April 2011
    CPT_Pierce wrote:
    I'd like to see the uniforms worn in the Voyager episode with the race that the Delta Flyer was in.

So would I. But until then you can use my VOY Drive Flight Suit mock-up in the Cadets, Technicians and Thugs Guide.

:cool:
    edited May 2011
    Blackaraar,

I gotta say, you rox.

I've followed your guide since inception and, even tho I can't afford the c-store items, I always enjoy your renderings. Thank you for all your hard work and attention to detail.

To paraphrase Dr. McCoy, "I feel safer about your guesses than most other people's facts." And, all I ask is that "[you] try to make the best guess [you] can".

Carry on.
    edited May 2011
    I did a search on Bajoran Uniforms and found this link of the correct color they should be.
    edited May 2011
    Blackaraar,

I gotta say, you rox.

I've followed your guide since inception and, even tho I can't afford the c-store items, I always enjoy your renderings. Thank you for all your hard work and attention to detail.

To paraphrase Dr. McCoy, "I fees safer about your guesses than most other people's facts." And, all I ask it that " [you] try to make the best guess [you] can".

Carry on.

Thank you.
    AnnonSeek wrote: »
    I did a search on Bajoran Uniforms and found this link of the correct color they should be.

And thank you.

I used that page as well as this one as part of my research. I also watched the series and took careful notes of how the uniforms looked in different lighting.

Also, the guides are as close as they can be with the colors available in our Standard pallet. They could be more accurate if we were allowed access to the Off Duty pallet.

edited May 2011
    blackavaar wrote:

Also, the guides are as close as they can be with the colors available in our Standard pallet. They could be more accurate if we were allowed access to the Off Duty pallet.

Even better, let us use a Color Picker to fine tune the colors.

As an aside. if you find yourself having trouble discerning what the color is you could use a Color Palette Generator.
    edited May 2011
    If one were interested in recreating Miral Paris' uniform...what shade would you say her uniform is? It looks...brown.
    edited May 2011
    I just want to say that I admire the work in this thread. I love going with different costume appearances and these ones (taken from the shows) really do look different from most in-game (in a good way).
    edited May 2011
    First off once again thanks so much for producing such detailed uniform colour guides, Blackavaar! Superb work!

In addition to the Bajoran uniform guides you've created, I thought I'd bring another uniform that Odo wore briefly in the DS9 pilot episode. Check it out here: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Odo,_2369.jpg

Hope that helps! :cool:
    edited May 2011
    I just want to say that I admire the work in this thread. I love going with different costume appearances and these ones (taken from the shows) really do look different from most in-game (in a good way).

Thank you, Darren!
    Alan_81 wrote: »
    First off once again thanks so much for producing such detailed uniform colour guides, Blackavaar! Superb work!

In addition to the Bajoran uniform guides you've created, I thought I'd bring another uniform that Odo wore briefly in the DS9 pilot episode. Check it out here: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Odo,_2369.jpg

Hope that helps! :cool:

Thanks, Alan!

Actually the Security uniform I created is a combination of that uniform and the version that appears later in the series. The beige of the later uniform was not available, so I had to go with the yellow of the earlier version. I think the final Bajoran Security uniform guide came out very nice considering.

Tyr-El wrote:
    If one were interested in recreating Miral Paris' uniform...what shade would you say her uniform is? It looks...brown.

I was actually considering doing that as a variant. I already have the Kuvah'Magh mission set for my main costume test character. I'll let you know when the guide is ready.

edited May 2011
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    Thanks, Alan!

Actually the Security uniform I created is a combination of that uniform and the version that appears later in the series. The beige of the later uniform was not available, so I had to go with the yellow of the earlier version. I think the final Bajoran Security uniform guide came out very nice considering.

:)

So would I be right in saying you won't be doing a separate version of that one-off security uniform Odo wore in the DS9 pilot? That the current guide you have up is basically the end product for the security uniform?

edited May 2011

So would I be right in saying you won't be doing a separate version of that one-off security uniform Odo wore in the DS9 pilot? That the current guide you have up is basically the end product for the security uniform?

I could try it, but the brown I used on the current version is pretty much as light as you can go before it starts looking too orange. We really need access to the Off Duty color pallet to make these uniforms look right. Still, I'll give it a go and do some lighting tests and see what I can do.

edited May 2011
    Here is to hoping Season 4 brings more uniform options!

Access to the bigger palette, combos of more elements, etc :)
    edited May 2011

Though it would mean a whole lot of work for me (I think I'm over 300 individual guides now), I am hoping for the same thing.

edited May 2011
    Took an attempt at two uniforms

First in the Enlisted for TWOK (sadly unable to use the TWOK badge with it)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/prodarkhunter/stotwokenlisted.png

The second being a security uniform based off of this

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/stmagazine/tmp-uniforms11.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/prodarkhunter/tmpsecurity.png
    edited May 2011
    I could try it, but the brown I used on the current version is pretty much as light as you can go before it starts looking too orange. We really need access to the Off Duty color pallet to make these uniforms look right. Still, I'll give it a go and do some lighting tests and see what I can do.

Mate, I don't know anyone else here who knows what is and isn't possible with these guides except you. If you don't think its possible with out the right pallet then leave it alone. No point in working on a guide that you don't feel is gonna be what you want it to be.

Though it would mean a whole lot of work for me (I think I'm over 300 individual guides now), I am hoping for the same thing.

I'm with you both. And once those guides are done Blackavaar, prepare for tidal-wave of the praise that people are gonna be giving you, man.

edited May 2011
    Took an attempt at two uniforms

Those are pretty good! Just about as close as you could probably get without the actual pieces.
    edited May 2011
    Felderburg wrote: »
    Those are pretty good! Just about as close as you could probably get without the actual pieces.

Thanks I plan to create a mission based in the TWOK era. So I am trying to get as accurate as I can with the limited resources for things of that time.
    edited May 2011
    Wasn't the top area on the enlisted goldish, not gray? I might be wrong, just thought i'd mention.

Looking back, looks like you do have a lot you would redo. I'd love em!
    edited May 2011
    Hello again Blackavaar. Got another uniform variant for you. Whilst at The Captain's Table, I came across a Starfleet captain named Qat'Anmek and he appears to be wearing the basic B-01 uniform except that that instead of not only the yoke across the shoulders being command red, the rest of the uniform top is command red too only a slightly darker shade. I came across this image of him on the STO Wiki:

http://www.stowiki.org/File:Qat%27Anmek.png

I hope that maybe helps and possibly leads you in to creating some more guides for these too. :)

edited May 2011
    that is the captain of the player's ship during the tutorial
    edited May 2011
    So I've been out of the loop for a few weeks and only got to login today, but did is it just me or did they actually add in true black? Because all of the ones I had set at previous "black but not really" are actually black.
    edited May 2011
    ACES_HIGH wrote: »
    that is the captain of the player's ship during the tutorial

I know. Nice uniform he has on. Blackavaar could adapt it for a guide as a Captain's Variant.
    edited May 2011
    You know, it never occurred to me that my dead commanding officer was at the Captain's table. Maybe I should warn him or something that at some point in the past/future, the Borg are going to kill him and his entire command staff, until only a single Ensign is left.
    edited May 2011
    Wasn't the top area on the enlisted goldish, not gray? I might be wrong, just thought i'd mention.

Looking back, looks like you do have a lot you would redo. I'd love em!

Yeah it looks grayer then it is. I actually went for a light tan type of deal.
    edited May 2011
    Hello again Blackavaar. Got another uniform variant for you. Whilst at The Captain's Table, I came across a Starfleet captain named Qat'Anmek and he appears to be wearing the basic B-01 uniform except that that instead of not only the yoke across the shoulders being command red, the rest of the uniform top is command red too only a slightly darker shade. I came across this image of him on the STO Wiki:

http://www.stowiki.org/File:Qat%27Anmek.png

I hope that maybe helps and possibly leads you in to creating some more guides for these too. :)

Thanks! I'll check that out.
    So I've been out of the loop for a few weeks and only got to login today, but did is it just me or did they actually add in true black? Because all of the ones I had set at previous "black but not really" are actually black.

Actually they just reskinned the uniforms (WoK, DS9, TNG and TNG Film) for which black was not true. I agree, it looks much better now.

edited May 2011

Nice effort! We still need a bit more mix and matching to finalise the movie era uniforms. The boots are great (I mean they are awful but they are accurately awful). Are there no armour components that allow for shoulder pads for security.

I was also wondering if a beige Section 31 top could be a passable away team jacket from TMP.
    edited May 2011
    The new Section 31 uniform has been added to the Section 31 guide Under the title Sloan Uniform (DS9).

Section 31

Speculation was correct. This was the easiest guide I've ever made.

To the devs:

Great work on the textures and wrinkles on this one. And thanks for giving the set its own Pants and Boots. My one complaint about this uniform is the Collar. It should be slightly higher and it would be nice if it could be colored separately. This would allow players to use it for a wider variety of uniform styles. Otherwise great work. Kudos!

edited May 2011
    The new Section 31 uniform has been added to the Section 31 guide Under the title Sloan Uniform (DS9).

Section 31

To the devs:

Great work on the textures and wrinkles on this one. And thanks for giving the set its own Pants and Boots. My one complaint about this uniform is the Collar. It should be slightly higher and it would be nice if it could be colored separately. This would allow players to use it for a wider variety of uniform styles. Otherwise great work. Kudos!

The collar should also be matte black (or at least cotton)
    edited May 2011
    Thanks! I'll check that out.

As the Vulcan's say "We live to serve." :)

Section 31

To the devs:

Thank you for another guide, Blackavaar! Nice work!

And I'd also like to join in with you in singing the devs praise for these latest additions! Thanks very much for them! :)
This discussion has been closed.