test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    Anytime, pal. And I believe you are right. In fact, as I recall, there was a whole class room full of them. I'm going to have watch that episode again and work up some for the guide. Thanks for the reminder.

:cool:

Here is the gray cadet version

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20050925172656/memoryalpha/en/images/archive/c/c2/20080204230952!Cadet_asks_about_seven_of_nine.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Anytime, pal. And I believe you are right. In fact, as I recall, there was a whole class room full of them. I'm going to have watch that episode again and work up some for the guide. Thanks for the reminder.

You're very welcome. Always happy to help.

:)

I was just wondering, whilst we're on the subject of cadet uniforms, do you have any plans to create guides for 25th century cadet uniforms?
    edited January 2011
    Alan_81 wrote: »
    I was just wondering, whilst we're on the subject of cadet uniforms, do you have any plans to create guides for 25th century cadet uniforms?

I'll consider that. Of course, it would be completely speculative since there are no such uniforms in the game. But using the canon uniforms as reference and postulating based on the appearance of the 25th Century versions, I think can come up with something.

edited January 2011
    I'll consider that. Of course, it would be completely speculative since there are no such uniforms in the game. But using the canon uniforms as reference and postulating based on the appearance of the 25th Century versions, I think can come up with something.

I'm glad you're gonna give it some thought. I'm sure any speculation you have on the 25th century cadet uniform will be highly plausible and fit in with the current uniforms as though it has been there from Day 1.

:)
    edited January 2011
    He he he! I know, Vetinari. I can't wait to get home and get online so I can start decking out my crew and start taking screen shots...
    Heh. Thanks for takin' the joke Blackavaar! :D
    And they're here!

The AGT uniforms have been added to the Canon Uniform Guide for easy reference.
    The VOY Drive Flight Suit can also be found on the Cadets, Technicians and Thugs Guide...
    Well done as usual BV. Thanks! It's unfortuante the AGT Shirts clip the rank uniform pips (tkt #1,032,507).
    edited January 2011
    Okay. I added the TOS Skirt variants. Though no gold skirt was ever shown in the series, I went ahead and added one anyway since players will no doubt have female characters in command positions. I know I do. I'll add a gold MU skirt as well just as soon as I can for the same reason.

Just watched the Corbomite Maneuver episode and Uhura along with a couple other female officers wore a gold/green skirt. I would have likely never noticed if not for this thread. Thanks btw. I've been trying to tweek the TOS uniform colors to look correct in-game for awhile now.
    edited January 2011
    The AGT Cadet Uniforms have been added to the guide.
    In addition to seeing them below you can also find them on the Cadets, Technicians and Thugs Guide.

AGT Undeclared Cadet

AGT Command Declared Cadet
    AGT Operations Declared Cadet
    AGT Sciences Declared Cadet

Enjoy!

edited January 2011
    Heh. Thanks for takin' the joke Blackavaar! :D

Well done as usual BV. Thanks! It's unfortuante the AGT Shirts clip the rank uniform pips (tkt #1,032,507).

Thank you and you're welcome!
    I'm sure they will fix the clipping issues in short order.

Just watched the Corbomite Maneuver episode and Uhura along with a couple other female officers wore a gold/green skirt. I would have likely never noticed if not for this thread. Thanks btw. I've been trying to tweek the TOS uniform colors to look correct in-game for awhile now.

Yes, actually I have noticed that since I have watched the entire TOS series just recently. They actually use the gold skirts a lot in Season One. They use them less in Seasons Two and Three, but even then they were still there and the color I chose matches beautifully.

Thanks and you're welcome!

edited January 2011
    The AGT Cadet Uniforms have been added to the guide.
    In addition to seeing them below you can also find them on the Cadets, Technicians and Thugs Guide.

AGT Undeclared Cadet

AGT Command Declared Cadet
    AGT Operations Declared Cadet
    AGT Sciences Declared Cadet

Enjoy!

Wow! Those are great! Excellent work once again! :D

Glad I remembered those uniforms for you. ;)

edited January 2011
    Wow! Those are great! Excellent work once again! :D

Glad I remembered those uniforms for you. ;)

Thank you!

I'm glad you mentioned them as well. I like them so much that I have a whole new crew all dressed in those uniforms now. They look great.

edited January 2011
    Thank you!

I'm glad you mentioned them as well. I like them so much that I have a whole new crew all dressed in those uniforms now. They look great.

Great stuff! Must be a very smart looking bunch of officers on your ship! :cool:

Just a quick query: When you say you've given those uniforms to a "whole new crew" does that include those wandering the corridors, engineering, etc.? Has there been an update that allows changing their uniforms too that which I've missed or is it still only possible to do the bridge staff's uniforms?

If it isn't possible to do that, I hope that one day it is. I'm fed up of seeing all my crew wandering around in the same class of uniform (B-04 is it?). I really want to be able to vary their looks as much as I can my bridge staffs. :)
    edited January 2011
    ...When you say you've given those uniforms to a "whole new crew" does that include those wandering the corridors, engineering, etc.? Has there been an update that allows changing their uniforms too that which I've missed or is it still only possible to do the bridge staff's uniforms?

If it isn't possible to do that, I hope that one day it is. I'm fed up of seeing all my crew wandering around in the same class of uniform (B-04 is it?). I really want to be able to vary their looks as much as I can my bridge staffs. :)
    There has been no such update. You can only change the unis on your BOs.

I agree with you and sincerely hope they allow us a "universal ship uniform" feature in the (nearer-the-better) future.

I made myself a B-Uniform just so I can blend in with my Lemmings when I'm wandering my Ship Interiors. I don't like it, but if you can't beat 'em...

On the plus side they recently fixed it too... It used to be you couldn't put a VA rank pip on that (RAUH was as high as the options went for that top), but as of a couple days ago I found you can now do so. So that's nice. :rolleyes:
    edited January 2011
    Great stuff! Must be a very smart looking bunch of officers on your ship! :cool:

Just a quick query: When you say you've given those uniforms to a "whole new crew" does that include those wandering the corridors, engineering, etc.? Has there been an update that allows changing their uniforms too that which I've missed or is it still only possible to do the bridge staff's uniforms?

I agree with you and sincerely hope they allow us a "universal ship uniform" feature in the (nearer-the-better) future.

I made myself a B-Uniform just so I can blend in with my Lemmings when I'm wandering my Ship Interiors. I don't like it, but if you can't beat 'em...

On the plus side they recently fixed it too... It used to be you couldn't put a VA rank pip on that (RAUH was as high as the options went for that top), but as of a couple days ago I found you can now do so. So that's nice. :rolleyes:

Yeah, no. It's just my new Captain and her BOffs. I'm playing them as if they were a modern day (for STO timeline) Red Squad.

And actually from the sounds of it, it seems as though the Duty Officer feature they are working on might actually allow us to set uniforms for our nameless crewmen at last. That way you could have a Medical Team duty uniform, a Security Team duty uniform, etc., which would be very kool indeed.

edited January 2011

Pity. Maybe one day, huh?

I hope so as well. As it stands all my officers are wearing the same uniform class as the rest of my "Lemmings". I'm not strong enough to go against the flow. When it becomes possible to change the rest of my crews uniforms I'll definitely be having my BO's wearing a variety of uniform classes.

I noticed that too. Having no RAUH rank pips available for one particular 25th century uniform was very frustrating so I just went and had my main character wear a uniform that was similar and just pretended it was the equivalent of that jacket that Picard wore from S5 of TNG.
    Yeah, no. It's just my new Captain and her BOffs. I'm playing them as if they were a modern day (for STO timeline) Red Squad.

Nice idea. It sounds like your ship is being crewed by cadets with Battle Field Commissions like in that DS9 episode "Valiant".
    And actually from the sounds of it, it seems as though the Duty Officer feature they are working on might actually allow us to set uniforms for our nameless crewmen at last. That way you could have a Medical Team duty uniform, a Security Team duty uniform, etc., which would be very kool indeed.

How much do I want that? Let me count the ways. As someone who liked the fact that the crew of the Enterprise-D in STG had 2 different uniform choices (TNG standard and DS9/VOY jumpsuit) its somewhat frustrating for me to see everyone on my ship all wearing the same uniform class considering that apparently in the 25th century Starfleet now allows for more variety of choice in uniform.

Another question: Does anyone else think it would be a good idea if the BO's were allowed extra uniform slots too?
    edited January 2011
    Another question: Does anyone else think it would be a good idea if the BO's were allowed extra uniform slots too?

Oh yes, definitely!

I really want to be able to put on my "excursion" uniforms before certain away missions without having to go all the way to a Starbase to consult a Tailor. One extra slot per BOff would be enough. Devs, are you reading this? Hint hint.

edited January 2011
    Oh yes, definitely!

I really want to be able to put on my "excursion" uniforms before certain away missions without having to go all the way to a Starbase to consult a Tailor. One extra slot per BOff would be enough. Devs, are you reading this? Hint hint.

And really, why do we have to go to a tailor?

* When the Defiant was pulled back in time, they managed to get period-specific uniforms without going to a tailor.
    * In several episodes of TNG, the crew would wear period-appropriate clothing to the holodeck.
    * In First Contact, the crew wore period-specific clothing before beaming down (and without a starbase tailor)
    * Voyager was away from the Alpha Quadrant for 7 years, yet the Doctor was able to synthesize Seven's "uniform".

Point being...if nothing else, we should have a "tailor" on our ships :D 'cause really...look at TNG and Voy. how often did those ships actually go to a starbase? Not that often...the Enterprise went maybe once or twice a season (if that), and Voyager...well...yeah.
    edited January 2011
    Cuatela wrote:

* When the Defiant was pulled back in time, they managed to get period-specific uniforms without going to a tailor.
    * In several episodes of TNG, the crew would wear period-appropriate clothing to the holodeck.
    * In First Contact, the crew wore period-specific clothing before beaming down (and without a starbase tailor)
    * Voyager was away from the Alpha Quadrant for 7 years, yet the Doctor was able to synthesize Seven's "uniform".

Point being...if nothing else, we should have a "tailor" on our ships :D

Yeah, Replicators. Hello?
    Would be nice if we had a Replicator station on our ships for just this sort of thing.

edited January 2011
    Would be nice if we had a Replicator station on our ships for just this sort of thing.

Well there are replicators in the mess hall. they just don't actually produce food. :(
    edited January 2011
    Oh yes, definitely!

Indeed. Devs, please take note
    Cuatela wrote:

Point being...if nothing else, we should have a "tailor" on our ships :D 'cause really...look at TNG and Voy. how often did those ships actually go to a starbase? Not that often...the Enterprise went maybe once or twice a season (if that), and Voyager...well...yeah.

Cuatela wrote:
    Well there are replicators in the mess hall. they just don't actually produce food. :(

Absolutely guys! Having the ability to create uniforms through the replicators on-board ship...or just by going in to the wardrobe in the Captain's Quarters...would save the fuss of flying all the way to a Starbase. It'd be a handy feature to have in the future. I remember how frustrating I found it to go back to a base to create uniforms for those missions which involve travelling back in time to the 23rd century.

The extra uniform slots for BO's would be SO incredibly helpful. It'd save having to recreate uniforms you've already made once and help save on energy/credits spending. I certainly know I'd like the ability to have permanently saved uniforms for my BO's for both away missions and diplomatic missions. I always feel odd being the only one of my BO's to turn up in dress uniform for diplomatic missions.

Devs, please take note. Some food for your thoughts I hope. :)

edited January 2011
    I have updated the guides for the following Canon Uniforms.

All DS9 and DS9 Cadet uniforms, including Red Squad.
    All TNG, TNG Film and TNG Cadet uniforms.
    All VOY and Seven of Nine uniforms.

This was done to bring the badge color choices in line with those selected for the Badges section (which are more accurate) as well as to correct some minor problems with sidebars and pointers.

edited January 2011

Cool stuff, but weren't the turtlenecks on the early DS9 episodes purple and not grey?
    edited January 2011
    Cool stuff, but weren't the turtlenecks on the early DS9 episodes purple and not grey?

Might've been your TV or the lighting, but I'm 99% sure they were gray.
    edited January 2011
    Cuatela wrote:

Might've been your TV or the lighting, but I'm 99% sure they were gray.

Yeah, I've answered this one before. The base color of the neck portion was gray, but in many lighting situations in the show it appeared purplish. You can get that same effect in certain lighting in the game using the selected shade of gray.

edited January 2011
    ...Does anyone else think it would be a good idea if the BO's were allowed extra uniform slots too?
    Oh yes, definitely!

/Signed +1,000,000 :D
    edited January 2011
    The TNG - MU (The Next Generation - Mirror Universe) uniforms are here!
    In addition to seeing them below you can also find these in the Mirror Universe Uniforms section.

Command Red
    Security/Engineering Gold
    Science Team Blue
    Medical Blue-Green Variant

Note: I used the Sash on females and the Belt and Knife on males because of clipping issues. However, I think the final result is actually quite nice.

Enjoy!

edited January 2011
    In addition to seeing them below you can also find these in the Mirror Universe Uniforms section.

Command Red
    Science Team Blue

Note: I used the Sash on females and the Belt and Knife on males because of clipping issues. However, I think the final result is actually quite nice.

Enjoy!

I like those! Very good! Thanks for more uniform variety my friend! :cool: Am I right in saying that these uniforms are based on those TNG MU comics DC released back in the 1990's?

Is there any interest being shown in wanting the TNG AU uniforms from Yesterday's Enterprise being added to STO?
    edited January 2011
    I like those! Very good! Thanks for more uniform variety my friend! :cool: Am I right in saying that these uniforms are based on those TNG MU comics DC released back in the 1990's?

Is there any interest being shown in wanting the TNG AU uniforms from Yesterday's Enterprise being added to STO?

Yes, you are right. They are based on the comic books.

And I'd be interested in seeing those added someday.

edited January 2011
    Yes, you are right. They are based on the comic books.

And I'd be interested in seeing those added someday.

I've never read those comic books...but I trust that Wesley Crusher is given plenty of time in the Agony Booth? :D

That's one more to add to the "Uniforms I Want For STO" list. :)
    edited January 2011
    The WoK - MU uniforms are here! Check them out!

WoK - MU (Wrath of Khan - Mirror Universe)
    Note: The female Top for these should be a shorter version of the jacket with short sleeves and a belly shirt, but you work with what you've got. :cool:

Command
    Operations - Engineering and Helm
    Operations - Communications and Sciences
    Operations - Tactical
    Operations - Medical
    Junior Officer
    Enlisted/Crewman/Security

These have also been added to the Mirror Universe Uniforms section, for easy reference.

Enjoy!

edited January 2011

Command Red
    Science Team Blue

Enjoy!

Also, the uniforms from VOY "Living Witness would be a nice addition as well!
This discussion has been closed.