test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck at "Retrieving list of characters".

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Same here, just had finished mission, didn't get items or xp for it, i edited work ticked from yesterday. Guess the server is hiccuping again.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Great, been so busy that I haven't played in a few weeks, go to log in and get my money's worth before the month ends, and I can't.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, this really sucks.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    BALLS i was in the middle of infected then wham!!! server not responding!! Cryptic you are starting to **** me off!! go by some more servers ad as some redundancy
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Same happening to me..

Initially I locked up on the 'Loading...' screen (the one with the insignia) and I eventually had to kill the process. Relogged and its just sitting at 'retrieving list of characters....'

Killed it again and relogged in and the chars appeared after about 20sec second time around.

Something there is not quite right.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Looks like the servers locked up again. Same thing happened last night before maintainance. Hopefully it does not take 5+ hours to reboot.

Is there anyone at Cryptic even checking the computers today?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    To Be fair there was a dev post acknowledging the problem in this thread though the problem was downplayed as hiccups in the server and just to wait a few minutes and everything would be back to normal. However Its been doing this for 2 days noit and i would say approximately 50% of the times i hit a loading screen i am DCed or locked with the server not responding deal then stuck at retrieving character list for at least 10 - 15 min. It is an issue that is seriously beginning to affect game playability
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Seems to be the first candidate for "Bug of the year" followed by the -xp PvP Bug

Take it with humor and hope the best ......
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Add me to the list
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I managed to login once, after seeing it hang at the "retrieving list of characters" for quite some time... tabbing out somehow seems to have triggered it to continue and let me proceed with character selection and login, but I haven't been able to repeat that since, and am now unable to login at all. :eek:

update: This time the "retrieving list of characters" issue did not occur.... perhaps they've fixed it server-side?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have the same problem. Stuck on Retrieving character list.

What I have noticed is that the client version seems to continuously revert from 3222010.11 to 3222010.9.

I would like to get back in and fail at killing the CE some more soon if you don't mind.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yup, I'm stuck here too. I don't have the patience to sit around and wait 30 minutes to see if I eventually get in.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    :mad: I finally get in and continue my mission.. and all i get is the loading screen. why do i waste my time.

Edit
    By the way that was trying to finish the quest on empok nor in the travis system. just incase someone wants to try and fix this thing.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've cancelled my subscription
    got sick of patching waiting etc
    maybe I'll be back in a few months or a year if the game is still online otherwise I can wait for star wars then
    this game is too buggy
    don't waste your money
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I just installed this game yesterday, and have had nothing but connection except for a few hours early this morning after maintenance. Please tell me this is not normal for this game. :mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    StarrBucks wrote:
    I just installed this game yesterday, and have had nothing but connection except for a few hours early this morning after maintenance. Please tell me this is not normal for this game. :mad:

it's not, just really bad timing. Don't go off the rage /quits before you get a chance to form your own opinion.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    StarrBucks wrote:

While we are endlessly teasing (out of frustration) Cryptic for this current mess, it's only since the introduction of the most recent major patch and will likely be fixed by the end of the weekend. While I feel your pain, it's temporary, so hang in there.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    They need to change the "Engage" button on the launcher to "Good Luck". This is getting ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I was stuck all day. Now it just timesout everytime I try to go into a system. Stinks, cause I'm totally new to this and was all enthusiastic when I heard this game existed. Well, that's starting to fade.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    This is nothing. Considering how much of the game they have added or changed on whim requests from the community a small downtime resulting from a major update shouldn't be all that OMG. Nothing but time here anyways.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    only been able to log in for half an hour today....:(
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    While I too am frustrated by a weekends loss of "no life" and actually having to spend my time constructively :D its worth noting that every time Blizz brings out a major patch for WOW the game goes unstable for hours/days while they iron out all the newly introduced "features" (or bugs if you prefer). :eek:
    I'm still prepared to give Cryptic some space to iron out the game, it's pretty good when its working. Hopefully they'll try to avoid borking the game completely during future updates :p
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I really wanted to play a game now... mm i guess i have to play some other game that works. Now I wish I didnt cancel my WOW sub. I guess now is a good time to go out and drink. :(