test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck at "Retrieving list of characters".

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I am stuck on the opening screen, when I did get in, I scanned an anomolous reading, started to go into the next map and the server not responding came up and stayed up......anything going to happen soon?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I am also suffering from the same thing. Crashed between loading screen and now get the List of Characters error.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Just happened to me, around midnight (gmt -5). Logged off, closed Steam (digital download), and even restarted. At least now I know it's not just me. Been about half an hour now. -- Ah, it just connected to the character selection screen as I was typing this out. I expect it to happen again, though. Hopefully this gets in order by tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Glad to see I'm not the only one having issues with the game.

Got the Server Error message while exploring the Delta Volanis Cluster and now I've been stuck at the Retrieving Character List screen for nearly 30 min.

What's the deal?

Velurol
    Commanding Officer
    USS Lexington
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Seems that Tribbles, though cheaper than hamsters, are not as reliable as a server power source.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Stuck as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yep. It's either 'Server Not Responding', 'Disconnect from Server' or stuck at character selection. On the bright side, It's given me time and incentive to 'tweak' my lan. STO may be having problems but everything else is working much better. (Questionable router).:D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hi, from the States near Chicago - been having the same problem today.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Definitely seems to be hit-and-miss... was exhibiting the same behavior on my workstation, rebooted - while rebooting hopped onto wife's workstation, got in just fine on her account. Once mine came back up, was able to login.

So I guess the official line of "just keep trying" is the best thing to do, until they figure out what's going on.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I crashed twice during the hiccups "Server Not Responding" 2nd time when I tried to come back in I got a decompression error while loading up the world maps. anybody else have this issue?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    takes more like 10 to 15 mins when i get stuck trying to log in. I have to force sto to shut down and wait to log in about 15 mins
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    stuck at Retrieving List Of Characters :(
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    Hey everyone!

I just checked in with our EXPERTS in this, and wanted to drop in and give you all a brief explaination to the best of my knowledge on the subject:

We're having a few hiccups on the servers - they're perfectly stable in a traditional sense in that we don't seem to be at any risk of crashing, or anything like that.

These "hiccups" are very short in duration, and should only have the effect of preventing you from logging in for the brief duration they are occuring. If you face these issues, give it maybe a minute or two and try logging in again; you shouldn't find yourself "locked out" so to speak for very long.

Does three hours count as a few minutes? :mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It started at about 21:00 GMT. After finishing a Klingon Nebula mission.. I couldnt grab the dropped item, and coulnt leave the map. Several restarts of STO didnt help.

Now it is 7:00 GMT and I still have the issue.

The last time sth similar happened was during the end of OB - but there was at least an error message throwing me back to login screen. Now I have to kill the STO process.

EDIT: Just checked - I can log into tribble without any problems.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I crashed yesterday at ~21 GMT and stuck at "retrieving list of characters" since....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm a pubic hair away of shelving this game. Live for 2 months already and we're STILL having login issues?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sophia wrote:
    I crashed yesterday at ~21 GMT and stuck at "retrieving list of characters" since....

I have LOVED this game since inception, despite it's struggles.
    I am and always will be a Star Trek fan, but a STO fan? not much longer if there are server issues like this, and the thing that ****es me off the most is now 3 some hours later it still says server is up
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

you guys BETTER get up outta bed and fix this TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm stuck on the Character Retrieval screen as well, and I can't get in...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I especially love the "maitenance" windows - For aussies they are 9pm Friday night and 9pm Saturday night. Perfect
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The issue has started again.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have to add to the list of users that I have had very little problems until today. I have been disconnected from the game and now I cannot get in at all. I have rebooted my system to ensure there was nothing else was running but same results. I am stuck at "Retrieving list of characters" just like other people.

Matthew
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    must be that server down, i also cannot get back to my ship, i am stuck on earth at 2 am in pain and needing the doc for a little somethin somethin.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Having the issue server not responding then retrive char takes forever
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm having the issue as well and I did a force verify and reboot...blah blah blah etc etc etc
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Stuck at "Retrieving List of Characters" for 15 mins now and counting ... I would like to play the game please :(
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Happening. Again. And all I was doing was leaving a starbase.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yep...me too, now >_<
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Maybe if they do a defrag it will help with the problems.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    having the same issue after pvp matches now com'n Cryptic get ur act together
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In my opinion I have a feeling someone might have tried hacking the game for cheats and screwed up the whole damn thing. Maybe you need to take a look into your firewalls and anti virus? Might help with these hickups. A similer event happened on another game I played.