test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck at "Retrieving list of characters".

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I too am stuck at "retrieving list of characters" :(
    Earlier I was disconnected from server while transferring from an instance to sector space and have not been able to get back on since:confused:
    "Help me Obi Wan your my only hope"
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    its 8:24 in the Morning here in Germany I dont mind if the Server dont work under the week wehne I am at Work or with my Wife but I really get ****ed if I cant play on the Weekends!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    same here- been looking at the damn retrieving list of characters screen for 30 minutes- guess I'll finish watching Human Target on fancast and see if it logs in after another 20 minutes...:(
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've experienced this a couple times today. Using Task Manger to close Gameclient.exe eventually gets you out of it. Had to force the client to close approx 4 times over 10 minutes to get back on.

Edit: Additional Info

Might be related to server latency. Twice now I've noticed my Exchange transactions never go through. When I logoff or quit to try to correct this I get stuck at "Retrieving list of characters". When I finally get back on my exchange purchases are duplicated in my inventory from multiple transaction attempts.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm getting "Server Not Responding" error on zoning, then i get stuck at "Retrieving list of characters" I don't get why I can play fine for an hour, then exactly when I'm loading a new map, I get booted.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    well was able to login for about 20 min then it happend again, aaaarrrggggg come one crypic
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Don't wait till 3am to 5am pst again. This is a serious problem with not being able to log in and not some kind of update. If you have the solution, bring the server down now and get it done. It may be prime time playing but what's the point in holding out if we can't log in?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Same here. I've been getting alot of "server not responding" when leaving the earth station as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What's the bet it starts working an hour before the server is down for maintenance. I was missing that lovely feeling of headstart and the first couple weeks.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Bah. Why does this always happen when I finally have time to play.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It's 8:13am GMT and I'm getting the perpetual retrieving list of characters screen, safe mode or no.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Seeing same problem as everyone else. Took 20mins+ to retrieve list of chars at login - headed off to quest, tried entering an instance and got server not responding, then disconnected. Now I can't get past retrieving list of chars. :(
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Same deal here.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Same here too :(
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    "Fix it fix fix it.... you tiny little life forms... fix it!"
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I sat on the screen for about 5-10mins, then it suddenly went through, maybe it was cryptic messing on with something (i'm not gonna logout to see if its doing it again hehehe)

good luck getting on guys :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    14 pages of complaints and not even an acknowledgement? Is it really that hard to to reassure customers with a ten word reply to this ever expanding thread?
    I haven't logged in to see if this problem is still in effect because the 50mb patch has taken over an hour so far on a 3mb connection....so I guess that answers that.
    24 hours now this game has been unplayable....on a weekend too.

Just managed to get back in after the patch and.....no difference. Gawd Bless ya Guv'nors.

Edit: I can connect through the EU proxy which gets me past character select and into lag free game but server stops responding every time I zone. Without proxy I can't even move. I would call it a lag spike but by it's very nature that would mean the lag drops off at some point....which it doesn't

P.s Tracerts and pathpings to Boston servers are normal, no packet loss and ping of 180, 5ms jitter.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I just got server not responding after completing an exploration mission, then had to ctrl+alt+del to kill the client. Then the client popped up to patch. Tried logging on again and now stuck at the character list screen. I thought this was supposed to be fixed by last night's maintenance.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I just got server not responding after completing an exploration mission, then had to ctrl+alt+del to kill the client. Then the client popped up to patch. Tried logging on again and now stuck at the character list screen. I thought this was supposed to be fixed by last night's maintenance.

Agreed, this is getting rediculous :mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hotep System Mission - RA3+ mission in that system
    Undine vs the Borg one, I complete part 2 the ground mission, I beam up... Server Not Responding, then stuck.

Eventually I give up, crash out, takes forver to login (stuck at retrieving character screen).
    Everntually get in, find out my complete mission progress is wiped... 3rd time already... really sick of it
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm having the same issue as well, I waited for about an hour and a half yesterday. :mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Maybe they have more people trying to log in than they anticipated. It seems that if you keep closing the program and restarting it, that it will eventually let you in. When you are stuck, you are definitely not in a first come first serve situation, more like the server put you into an overflow buffer that it hid away somewhere.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    This is the third time it's happened to me THIS MORNING. How come nobody from Cryptic dev is acknowledging this? Last message was from a community manager at 4pm saying it's intermittent and that it will let you back in. It does, but you know what, you have to wait 15 mins. This is pretty unacceptable for an MMO. I would also be more understanding if someone from Cryptic acknowledges it as a real problem and say that it's being worked on. It's not just me who's stuck either. My teammates also experienced the same things that I do (since we are in the same team doing the same missions).
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm having the same issue and have been getting frequent d/c's with the latest patches.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    yep same prob......waited half hour never got in rebooted puter still stuck on receiving list of char.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    To be honest there hasn't been one person I've talked to in game that this *hasn't* happened to. It started with the season one patch and nothing that's been done has helped fix it yet :(
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Same for me. Just got a "disconnected from server" then tried to log back in and stuck on Retrieving List Of Characters.

Been like that for just over 30 minutes now.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I just tried to log in and it's stuck, again, at retrieving the character list.
    These bugs are really getting irritating. I'm paid up through May so there's time to get this fixed.
    If come May these bugs are still the norm, I won't be renewing.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    sale thing here
    after 3 or 4 server not respond...
    stuck in receiving cratcere mes couille list !!!!

this is absolutly uncactable

we pay 50 euro for a lot of ****ing bug !!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hm I thought you fixed this bug today guys, now I cannot login :mad: