Install Arc
Options

RE: Atari Sale

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ValcyrVexx wrote: »
    Yeah I just logged in to see cuz that guy said something about getting 2 days credit to see if it was to all accounts or something but nope. My subscription is up on the 4th. and CANCELLED in red.

I didn't do it, I can even remember posting in a thread about how I was probably gonna re-up because my friend has faith in Cryptic.

That IS very weird, and creepy.

I...just wow...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Happened to Slackjaw earlier too.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    Happened to Slackjaw earlier too.

Are you serious? His account was cancelled without him doing it?

what?
  • Options
    edited March 2010

what?

You guys don't think this is something I should go into Paranoid mode over do you?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    my guess is a bug, report it, maybe it says canced till you make a payment
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Combadge wrote:
    Yeah. I'm wondering how many pages it would have been if everyone had only been allowed to post once. Four? Five maybe?
    Yeah, cause the ONLY ppl ****ed of by your buddies are five ppl ...right
    Someone gets on the list

Perhaps you can show me your math, so that I might better understand where (from my comment) you came to the conclusion that my estimate was 5 people, instead of.. oh, 40-50 individuals, considering the fact that 10 posts can fit on a page by default. An estimate which, I think, is actually quite generous.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Is it possible they're just that incompetent as opposed to being evil?

I've had a tough time trying to distinguish between good and ill intentions in all of this honestly. My experiences with CO, another license I have loved dearly over the years, has made it extremely difficult to understand why they take the approaches they do.

Simply admitting a mistake is a big start, but they also need to admit that "they don't know" something. I mean, there are plenty of times when in EQ and WoW the companies were forging new territory. In this, they had to admit sometimes that they just didn't understand something and either ask for help or provide a workaround at least. I mean, in WoW they honestly couldn't remember why they had shaman health lower than other classes, even with the original developers. They also admitted to wishing that arena pvp never existed, because it completely borked class balance. EQ had alot of those issues and definitely the "sequel" EQ II massive failure transition was a big one. Blizzard has revealed that they aren't doing WoW II or even Starcraft but a brand new license. You'll also notice they are taking their sweet time with it.

Handling two or more licenses is a gigantic problem for MMO companies. Frankly, I've said it many times but WoW is a big success because they have focused on one license. All of these other moronic companies dive headfirst into two or more, or take a potentially good game like AO and maroon it with another license like AOC.

My first love is sci-fi, a distant second is superhero/hero, and way third fantasy (god I wish dystopian/cyberpunk could be there like MxO again). As much as I dearly want STO to succeed, it is very difficult to see how with their unchanging, blind attitudes how that will happen. Frankly, the game plays well and the artistry is magnificent. If they could JUST get it their act togeher, be BOLD but do so with at least involving the community first, and concentrating on adding 40+ years of content it will work.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

what?

Ya, he got a response and they fixed it I think.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    lol

That's okay... apparently my accounts been cancelled, I wasn't even one of the ones who said they were going to do it.

That's awesome sauce. Guess they made the decision for me.

They mentioned (earlier today to someone else who was having the same issue) that a few accounts were in a bugged state because of the problems they were having with their billing provider back on launch day. They applied a fix, which should have corrected it, but if it didn't then you'd probably want to contact support if you decide it's not as awesome-sauce as you first thought.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Combadge wrote:
    They mentioned (earlier today to someone else who was having the same issue) that a few accounts were in a bugged state because of the problems they were having with their billing provider back on launch day. They applied a fix, which should have corrected it, but if it didn't then you'd probably want to contact support if you decide it's not as awesome-sauce as you first thought.

well the awesomesauce comment was sarcastic... lol

Thanks for the info
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I see many posts in this thread... and a large percentage of the posters are now BANNED ...

I must have missed the really big discussion that everyone keeps telling me about that got them banned ..

anyhow...
    Someone call me at home to explain the situation to me....

just dial 1-800-ExBorgMan

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    savadious wrote: »
    I see many posts in this thread... and a large percentage of the posters are now BANNED ...

I must have missed the really big discussion that everyone keeps telling me about that got them banned ..

anyhow...

Thanks in advance

Yeeea.......Im just gonna go play another mmo. Regardless of the state of the game, or the latest business **** up, the "fans" are just too much.

Id rather prefer the WoW community. And thats NOT a compliment to WoW btw....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    savadious wrote: »

anyhow...

Thanks in advance

And how do you work out they where banned? If you can get banned for standing up for justice then tbh I don't think they would care. If more people stood up for the rights then we wouldn't be stuck with the Drivel they call MMOs these days.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    Ya, he got a response and they fixed it I think.

Oh good, cause that would be really weird if it was them. I mean to the point of lunacy.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Loxanna wrote:
    And how do you work out they where banned? If you can get banned for standing up for justice then tbh I don't think they would care. If more people stood up for the rights then we wouldn't be stuck with the Drivel they call MMOs these days.

Nows not a bad time to start. I think we've seen the community can and will be heard. It's all of course in how we use our Epic Nerdragenss.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    They said there's a bug going on with billing that's randomly canceling accounts. It's always something exciting and new down at Cryptic Studios.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeeea.......Im just gonna go play another mmo. Regardless of the state of the game, or the latest business **** up, the "fans" are just too much.

Id rather prefer the WoW community. And thats NOT a compliment to WoW btw....

Dang, but sadly understandable. I'm trying to figure out what a fanboy is here because I was called one when I defended the game last week. LOL Any word on this patch? Looks like it was pushed back another day....is that how they're going to try and keep people here? By promising a patch daily and constantly pushing it back? Or did the patch go through and I didn't notice?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Not gonna read everything.. I am fine with what you did...i am a lifetimer.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    seraphella wrote:
    Dang, but sadly understandable. I'm trying to figure out what a fanboy is here because I was called one when I defended the game last week. LOL Any word on this patch? Looks like it was pushed back another day....is that how they're going to try and keep people here? By promising a patch daily and constantly pushing it back? Or did the patch go through and I didn't notice?

A patch a day wouldn't be a bad thing...to keep the [Insert word/phrase] away.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh my bad. Looks like it was another type o. The Patch is set for this morning 3am pst to 5am pst. Well, in 4 hours or so I'll decide if staying is worth it or not.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    LMAO!! I woke up this morning to find 107 Emails from this thread alone. Geez, I was only asleep for about 5 hours......:D What did I miss:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Cannman wrote: »
    LMAO!! I woke up this morning to find 107 Emails from this thread alone. Geez, I was only asleep for about 5 hours......:D What did I miss:rolleyes:

nothing.....unless you count hot air as something. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Cannman wrote: »

Hmm...let me think...do you have a painful feeling in your TRIBBLE? If so, you didn't miss anything. Also, get yourself checked out, might have caught the stupid from here:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=130907

As CS responses go, I give that a negative 4 out of 10
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    erztez wrote: »
    Hmm...let me think...do you have a painful feeling in your TRIBBLE? If so, you didn't miss anything. Also, get yourself checked out, might have caught the stupid from here:

It was pretty lame. But anywho.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    erztez wrote: »

LAAAAAAAL:confused:Thanks for the Update. No, I didnt see this:(
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have to say it... this:
    We won’t always get it right, but we’re always trying to do the right thing by you.

We do apologize and we appreciate your patience as we continue to do our best to make Star Trek Online the best game possible.

Reminds me "is for your own security, sorry to bother you" (V for Vendetta anyone? 1984?)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    gulthaw wrote: »

Reminds me "is for your own security, sorry to bother you" (V for Vendetta anyone? 1984?)

"Trust me, I'm a 1st year med student"....
    "Of course there's no gas in it"
    "Yes, the safety's on"...
    I could keep going...but why? Just take any, and I do mean ANY, forum/site response from ANYONE employed by Cryptic during the last 4 days and you get the same.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    gulthaw wrote: »

Voil
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Voil
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    This reminds me of the old saying "Cut off your nose to spite your face."

I know some of you may be seeing red right now and not thinking rationally, but here's my perspective.

If the game does not have a decent-sized playerbase funding for this project will drop significantly. Less add-ons, less content, less bug fixes, eventually going the way of many failed MMOGs that could have stood a chance otherwise. This is a phase, a telling phase. They are making the price more enticing so that more people will play the game. You have a two-fold warning here. First, the game isn't meeting expected subscriber numbers so they need to modify the enticement point. Second, if people create bad press, leave, rant and rave, less people will likely subscribe and we all lose.

You bought into an early release of a game, you paid the bleeding edge premium. That's the way it works. You can pick up PS3 games that launched at $60 for less than $20. Do you go back and threaten to sue Sony because they dropped the price? It makes no sense to rant about this, as more subscribers benefits the game directly. I'm sad that a community gets up in arms with pitchforks and torches over something that is completely logical and beneficial to them. The mob mentality is strong in the gaming community, it destroyed UO, made WoW casual, and chipped away many monolithic games into obscurity.

You feel angry because if you waited you could have gotten the game cheaper with more free time. Why blame the game company? Should you refund your excitement of having the game at launch as well? We all benefit from more people joining the game, or if you prefer, all your money goes down the drain if you quit playing. Will you let irrational logic ruin yet another MMOG? Time will tell.
This discussion has been closed.