What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

RE: Atari Sale

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I hereby declare the fire storm over, for me at least.

For now it seems this fiasco has come under control and the player's who are upset have been heard.

I am putting aside my fire bombs and will attempt to be nice.

I see no reason to keep this up, but I cannot stop any of you of course.

Caught a few infractions an gotta play nice?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    dnarris wrote: »
    Pfft, "Jump to Lightspeed" rocked.

Yes it did... dammit...I see what your doing... STOP IT... I WONT GO BACK... NO I CANT GO BACK

UGGHGHGHGHG THE PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    Also I consider it a victory that Milenko hasn't mentioned Hellgate London in the last few pages :p

HGL

HA!! lol ....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    HGL

HA!! lol ....

To late it is still a victory HA! :p
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Caught a few infractions an gotta play nice?

Amazingly I received none during this entire battle. I must not have been trying hard enough.

*looks down at the ground*

Shucks!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    blah?

ignore love ftw
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Amazingly I received none during this entire battle. I must not have been trying hard enough.

*looks down at the ground*

Shucks!

Same here, but others got banned. Go figure.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I agree, let's help bring that promise to that table!!!

who's with us?

Thougt you gave up the fight lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    .Spartan wrote: »
    While we agree on many things on this point I have to disagree with you. In a situation like we have now no one wins. In fact, ultimately, I think we lose to be frank.

The official response is a token gesture at best and kind of irks me. Shoot I'm still considering sending out some more emails to various news and consumer sites. So who knows maybe the tempo of this situation is only going to increase...

Yup, they stuffed us into a single thread and went all China/Soviet Russia on any dissenting opinion.
    They kept this thread open so they could curbstomp all opposition, and then proceeded to ignore anything that happened inside it

Thats not a win for us
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Anyways, time to turn in for the night. I dunno, I still like to play the game, I still like to give people and businesses the benefit of the doubt, I still like to strive to solve problems rather than create them, I still prefer not to hold a grudge.

How is it that principles of good are seen as so bad sometimes? Why is it that some people hate a hopeful outlook, or a positive point of view? Why is is that some poeple prefer lose-lose to win-win?

How is it that we waste so much time on the problem and no time on the solution, prefering to use anger and hate instead of reasoning and problem solving?

Finding a problem . . . . is the first half.

The second half is solving it.

To waste so much time on the first half, never to reach the second . . .

:(

good night, and good grief.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thougt you gave up the fight lol

There are many fights, I just gave up the one hoping to get free 60 days worth of played time.

Though the fight to make the game hold up to its promise is far more exhausting imo.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    shukano wrote: »
    This is silly. We complained, they apologized, and took down the deal. What more do we want?

I for one applaud the fact that they responded directly to us. The game has some issues but thats food for another thread. Surprised to see this one still going. And I supported those that were upset.

Those still on here saying noone had anything to complain about ever are just as bad too. The issue is done.

Lets go back to talking about content and DPs.....

You can't unspill the milk.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

or the stuff going on the Atari symbol

Yeah, ask Zodi that one lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    CobraA1 wrote: »
    Anyways, time to turn in for the night. I dunno, I still like to play the game, I still like to give people and businesses the benefit of the doubt, I still like to strive to solve problems rather than create them, I still prefer not to hold a grudge.

How is it that principles of good are seen as so bad sometimes? Why is it that some people hate a hopeful outlook, or a positive point of view? Why is is that some poeple prefer lose-lose to win-win?

How is it that we waste so much time on the problem and no time on the solution, prefering to use anger and hate instead of reasoning and problem solving?

Finding a problem . . . . is the first half.

The second half is solving it.

To waste so much time on the first half, never to reach the second . . .

:(

good night, and good grief.

i tend not to put stock in a company that wont honor their own promotions the next day after they post it
  • Options
    edited March 2010

i think they didn't unspill it as much as spill more. I mean they took down the promo and then anyone who took it are told "nope, never happened"
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    yahtzee@fullyramblomatic.com

Because the review would be awesome
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    nekollx wrote: »
    i think they didn't unspill it as much as spill more. I mean they took down the promo and then anyone who took it are told "nope, never happened"

Yea THATS the ticker. Is that actually true though? Ive only heard of one account of that happening.

I mean, all this is pretty unbelievable but it happened. But THAT? Not at least giving the deal to those that took it? Isnt that just......out right illegal?

Despite ALL this I cant believe they would do that. Seriously.

Basically what Im saying is I somewhat doubt the legitimacy of that claim.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yea THATS the ticker. Is that actually true though? Ive only heard of one account of that happening.

I mean, all this is pretty unbelievable but it happened. But THAT? Not at least giving the deal to those that took it? Isnt that just......out right illegal?

Despite ALL this I cant believe they would do that. Seriously.

Basically what Im saying is I somewhat doubt the legitimacy of that claim.

i got a picture of the email right in my sig, go look
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Does Cryptic/Atari's evil know no bounds?

http://kotaku.com/5346251/turbine-rolls-for-damages-in-atari-lawsuit

How far does it go?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I just want fed vs fed pvp, for now.

*useless comment tossed in and sponsored by me*
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I just want fed vs fed pvp, for now.

*useless comment tossed in and sponsored by me*

Would not be a bad way to practice! Wish WoW had this, other then duels.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    wildcat84 wrote: »
    We won the war with SOE too, over the NGE. Look at SWG today, it's a ruin that isn't even a skeleton of the shadow of the success Pre-NGE was. It's destined to be shut down when TOR releases, if not sooner. SOE has a reputation so bad that radioactive nuclear waste will sue you for slander if you compare it to SOE. Yet we still don't have our game anymore.

Pyrrhic Victory.

Aye...

At least this isn't a complete ruining of the game like SWG, just a PR blunder... they could still change course to make it right. Though with the denials of the 60 free days floatjing around... hoo boy.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Aye...

At least this isn't a complete ruining of the game like SWG, just a PR blunder... they could still change course to make it right. Though with the denials of the 60 free days floatjing around... hoo boy.

Seriously all this may eventually pass over if they can keep the game alive that long. Just a few months.

And if ATARI can you know......NOT TRIBBLE ANYTHING ELSE UP......the game might not fail completely and utterly.

So......good luck with that Atari.........sigh...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I purchased a brand new Dell 17" laptop !

A few weeks later they had it on sale 10% off ..

BOY !!! IM ****ED !!!

Please everyone email dell for me and force them to give me a price cut too !!!

PWWWEEEEAASSSEEE !!! :p
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    savadious wrote: »

BOY !!! IM ****ED !!!

If you return to the store they will probably give you the difference on the sale if you want.

Also, as far as this goes, you obviously dont even understand the issue. Its not about the price reduction. But thanks for trying to add to a point you obviously know nothing about. It was a nice try if nothing else. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010

BOY !!! IM ****ED !!!

more like this, they offer it with a 3 year warenty, but then say "sorry only 1 year" and deny ever selling it at 3 years
  • Options
    edited March 2010

BOY !!! IM ****ED !!!

Your lack of understanding on this matter is duly noted. Thank you for taking the time to make a concise post that clearly shows you have absolutely no clue what this entire issue is about.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

BOY !!! IM ****ED !!!

Actually I had something similar happen to me (for real, not conjecture like the quote above). I bought a computer from Dell, and a few days later, I saw the same computer with a free monitor upgrade. I talked with Dell customer Service and they swapped out monitors when mine arrived.

So yeah, you can get specials that you missed out on applied to you. All you have to do is ask. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Geoduck360 wrote:
    Actually I had something similar happen to me (for real, not conjecture like the quote above). I bought a computer from Dell, and a few days later, I saw the same computer with a free monitor upgrade. I talked with Dell customer Service and they swapped out monitors when mine arrived.

So yeah, you can get specials that you missed out on applied to you. All you have to do is ask. :)

Wow, I think I will buy from Dell from now on. :)
This discussion has been closed.