What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

RE: Atari Sale

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol should do a pic with a curled TRIBBLE on top of the word Septic in Cryptic font :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ah well. At least some decent folks are staying. I stand corrected. Im just growing extremely tired of the fan boy rants.

Im sure if there are a LOT of people complaining and you are nothing but a HUGE fan of the game it can get a little annoying. But the attitude and responses are just trash. Absolute TRIBBLE.

I'll probably stick around here until my sub dies. May as well. See what happens. But I'll almost be glad when its all over at this point.

I couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I hereby declare the fire storm over, for me at least.

For now it seems this fiasco has come under control and the player's who are upset have been heard.

I am putting aside my fire bombs and will attempt to be nice.

I see no reason to keep this up, but I cannot stop any of you of course.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I hereby declare the fire storm over, for me at least.

For now it seems this fiasco has come under control and the player's who are upset have been heard.

I am putting aside my fire bombs and will attempt to be nice.

I see no reason to keep this up, but I cannot stop any of you of course.

Dont give in to them. What would happen if we said ok I'm done at pearl harbor or Alamo dont give in to these people. We will live on never surrender nerver retreat. lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In the end what did it really matter.

We got STOffed.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well at least some of the fanboys thought we won.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Teelow wrote: »
    136 pages so far lol

AAAH!!! HAHAHA yer avatar rocks if thats THE offer
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Also I consider it a victory that Milenko hasn't mentioned Hellgate London in the last few pages :p
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    100 pages of replies.. how many of the posts are by the same 8 or 10 people that are having a 72 hour temper tantrum.

You've said you peace. Hundreds of times. Its enough. You're righteous anger is played out. You're not a moral crusader. Move on, find a game you enjoy.

Yay trolling... go back to YOUR thread. youll find plenty of yer kind there
    If you actually READ any of the threads here (yeah I doubt you would) we've been over this
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Viper99991 wrote: »
    Dont give in to them. What would happen if we said ok I'm done at pearl harbor or Alamo dont give in to these people. We will live on never surrender nerver retreat. lol

Well I did say, I canot stop you :)

Peace gents
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I would say we won.

We've demonstratedthat Cryptic/Atari are lieing, thieving pieces of %^&*. Many people who might have gone for the promotion offer will now not. A lot of people, after seeing the company's duplicity, are leaving.

While the primary outcome everyone wanted was fairness to prior customers and a better game, I'll take vindication too.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I would say we won.

We've demonstratedthat Cryptic/Atari are lieing, thieving pieces of %^&*. Many people who might have gone for the promotion offer will now not. A lot of people, after seeing the company's duplicity, are leaving.

While the primary outcome everyone wanted was fairness to prior customers and a better game, I'll take vindication too.

Yeah, and this thing dragging on any longer in my opnion seems over blown. I think we all got our point across.

Hopefully though we WILL get a better game! WIth bigger social zones at some point.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I didn't read all the posts, but I just want to chime in:

I have no problem with the drop in the price of the box, but I think that people who already purchased the game are entitled to something considering it hasn't even been a month. Maybe not the whole 60 days if the money's a concern, maybe half that? Something to at least let us know we're valued as customers.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    This is silly. We complained, they apologized, and took down the deal. What more do we want?

I for one applaud the fact that they responded directly to us. The game has some issues but thats food for another thread. Surprised to see this one still going. And I supported those that were upset.

Those still on here saying noone had anything to complain about ever are just as bad too. The issue is done.

Lets go back to talking about content and DPs.....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I would say we won.

If this is true, then why does it still make me feel icky? Like some 800 pound humanoid just use me as tribble wipe.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I would say we won.

We won the war with SOE too, over the NGE. Look at SWG today, it's a ruin that isn't even a skeleton of the shadow of the success Pre-NGE was. It's destined to be shut down when TOR releases, if not sooner. SOE has a reputation so bad that radioactive nuclear waste will sue you for slander if you compare it to SOE. Yet we still don't have our game anymore.

Pyrrhic Victory.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yay trolling... go back to YOUR thread. youll find plenty of yer kind there
    If you actually READ any of the threads here (yeah I doubt you would) we've been over this

Okay, you're simply out of control. I actually agree that the sale was lame and it reflected poorly on Atari.

ATARI.

I did manage to control myself and not throw a 3 day hissy fit in every thread I could find, though.

Stop calling people trolls because they don't support your tantrum. Isn't that what you accuse "fanboys" of?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Congrats everyone your voice was heard.

For the record everyone wants to blame Cryptic buts it a two way street boys and girls. You have caused this, refered mostly to the Tarnished image and not the original event, a much as they have. Hundreds of threads saying the same thing over and over and over again. The tarnished image is as much our faults as Cryptics at this point. What is truly said is a a lot of you probably do not even realize that.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Combadge wrote:
    Yeah. I'm wondering how many pages it would have been if everyone had only been allowed to post once. Four? Five maybe?

Yeah, cause the ONLY ppl ****ed of by your buddies are five ppl ...right
    Someone gets on the list
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    wildcat84 wrote: »
    We won the war with SOE too, over the NGE. Look at SWG today, it's a ruin that isn't even a skeleton of the shadow of the success Pre-NGE was. It's destined to be shut down when TOR releases, if not sooner. SOE has a reputation so bad that radioactive nuclear waste will sue you for slander if you compare it to SOE. Yet we still don't have our game anymore.

Pyrrhic Victory.

It is a hollow victory isn't it? We wanted the company to do the right thing. Too bad so sad I guess.

And expect STO to go the way of SWG.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It is a hollow victory isn't it? We wanted the company to do the right thing. Too bad so sad I guess.

And expect STO to go the way of SWG.

What sad is this whole event has made me think of SWG so much I actually thought about resubbing. I need more pills.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Folks . . . . I'd love to have a good Star Trek game.

Okay, Atari may be evil incarnate.

But - I still want a good Star Trek game. And this one still has a lot of promise.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    .Spartan wrote: »
    He would rock methinks. :cool:

That would be suitably epic imo.
    even though he already hates MMORPGs, He tried to play EVE solo, but that would work here lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Although i feel very riped off as many people do thats not y i im am soo very disapointed at this game. My big thing is the lack of gamplay. The fedy side is soo very short and and it lacks versatility. Its repetitive and boring. Now i wont lie i still play but im sub 1 month at a time. Im am a huge ST fan and ben 1 for a long time. Iv owned alot of the ST PC games including games like new worlds and birth of the federation, brige commander and the armada games, wich where way better games than this but iv beaten those games billion times and i need a new ST game to play wich is the only reson i still play STO, wich is about 1 hour a day now that iv beaten the game. I will cont to play 1 month at a time with the hope it will get better alot better not because i like Criptic or Atari but because im an ST fan. But this will be the last Criptic/Atari i every purches agian.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Congrats everyone your voice was heard.

For the record everyone wants to blame Cryptic buts it a two way street boys and girls. You have caused this, refered mostly to the Tarnished image and not the original event, a much as they have. Hundreds of threads saying the same thing over and over and over again. The tarnished image is as much our faults as Cryptics at this point. What is truly said is a a lot of you probably do not even realize that.

Well that is why I think I should stop at least. I don't want to ruin their company, even if I stated that out of anger, I just wanted to be heard.

And we probably didn't get what we wanted, or rather all of what we wanted, but what else could we possibly get anyway?

I lay down my weapons...It is done.

EDIT: But i still love the converstaion...so :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    What sad is this whole event has made me think of SWG so much I actually thought about resubbing. I need more pills.

Pfft, "Jump to Lightspeed" rocked.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    CobraA1 wrote: »
    Folks . . . . I'd love to have a good Star Trek game.

Okay, Atari may be evil incarnate.

But - I still want a good Star Trek game. And this one still has a lot of promise.

I agree, let's help bring that promise to that table!!!

who's with us?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I would say we won.

While we agree on many things on this point I have to disagree with you. In a situation like we have now no one wins. In fact, ultimately, I think we lose to be frank.

The official response is a token gesture at best and kind of irks me. Shoot I'm still considering sending out some more emails to various news and consumer sites. So who knows maybe the tempo of this situation is only going to increase...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I think this:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/index/402-WarCry-Star-Trek-Online-General-Discussion

needs a reality check
    You just need an email to register
This discussion has been closed.