test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RE: Atari Sale

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Does Cryptic/Atari's evil know no bounds?

http://kotaku.com/5346251/turbine-rolls-for-damages-in-atari-lawsuit

How far does it go?

Wanna see something Ironic?
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177372

Theyre apparently being sued for... wait for it...
    fraud
    edited March 2010
    Wanna see something Ironic?

Theyre apparently being sued for... wait for it...
    fraud

Well isn't that just speyshall
    edited March 2010
    30 mil by Turbine
    theyre already like 54 mil in the hole to start with, but I think I see where their light at the end of the tunnel might be. IF they outperform expectations between 2010 an 2011, they get a bonus of something like 57 million (not counting profits). I thinbk they're currently leveraging the future of the company against STO surviving. But that makes all the PR TRIBBLE make even LESS sense
    edited March 2010
    FYI,

I purchased the standard game today for my son prior to the web being changed and was charged for shipping. My order has not processed so I can only imagine that they have all been held pending some big decision.

I have not received any confirmation on free shipping or the additional 60 days of time.
    edited March 2010
    Mike111 wrote:
    FYI,

I purchased the standard game today for my son prior to the web being changed and was charged for shipping. My order has not processed so I can only imagine that they have all been held pending some big decision.

I have not received any confirmation on free shipping or the additional 60 days of time.

"there is no 60 free days, there never was"
    -Atari
    edited March 2010
    Atari is run by all the people who never got anything from Santa at Christmas because they were naughty children.

This, along with being naughty to start with, has made them EVIL.......and GREEEEDY!!!! MU HA HA HA HA !!!!!!

See further explanation here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1IQdcFhVI4

edited March 2010
    Mike111 wrote:
    FYI,

They did say that they will honor the special if you purchased it before it was removed. So I think you will get it, and the extra free days code is supposed to be mailed/emailed to you.

Though if this doesn't happen I'd love to hear about it, and so would many others here :)
    edited March 2010
    Atari is run by all the people who never got anything from Santa at Christmas because they were naughty children.

This, along with being naughty to start with, has made them EVIL.......and GREEEEDY!!!! MU HA HA HA HA !!!!!!

See further explanation here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1IQdcFhVI4

I have officially decided I need to watch more Space Ghost
    edited March 2010
    30 mil by Turbine
    theyre already like 54 mil in the hole to start with, but I think I see where their light at the end of the tunnel might be. IF they outperform expectations between 2010 an 2011, they get a bonus of something like 57 million (not counting profits). I thinbk they're currently leveraging the future of the company against STO surviving. But that makes all the PR TRIBBLE make even LESS sense

even if atari should lose they will try to turn it over, it will be years before turbine see's any money. Also am sure atari has insurance
    edited March 2010
    Rumbleskin wrote: »
    even if atari should lose they will try to turn it over, it will be years before turbine see's any money. Also am sure atari has insurance

lol ever the optomist huh?
    gl with that...
    Im here till it goes poof too, but I cant say things look all that rosy imo
    edited March 2010
    They did say that they will honor the special if you purchased it before it was removed. So I think you will get it, and the extra free days code is supposed to be mailed/emailed to you.

Though if this doesn't happen I'd love to hear about it, and so would many others here :)

You mean their going to do what is mandated by law to avoid crippiling fraud law suits?
    edited March 2010
    I heard cryptic apologized, can someone link me?

Also, I canceled my account today before they apparently gave everyone a free month (?), can I still get it? Not sure I want it, but meh, worth asking
    edited March 2010
    rybo123 wrote: »

Also, I canceled my account today before they apparently gave everyone a free month (?), can I still get it? Not sure I want it, but meh, worth asking

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=130907

I wasn't aware they gave everyone a free month...
    edited March 2010

There is no free month for everyone. So you are not missing out.

And here is the " apology " = http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=130907
    edited March 2010
    nekollx wrote: »
    You mean their going to do what is mandated by law to avoid crippiling fraud law suits?

avoid MORE suits? Yes
    avoid them all? No

edited March 2010

Yes that about sums it up.
    edited March 2010
    sheesh, thats not really an apology. Well, I'm glad I canceled then...cause if anything was going to make them change it was the firestorm the last couple days. Guess they wont
    edited March 2010
    sheesh, thats not really an apology. Well, I'm glad I canceled then...cause if anything was going to make them change it was the firestorm the last couple days. Guess they wont

Sadly, something tells me this is only the beginning. I hope I am wrong.
    edited March 2010
    Phoxe, your on my ignore list... i can't hear you.
    edited March 2010

Well, they stopped offering the deal that gave new players 60 free days. And because of the fire storm news is flooding around the internet about the bad move on their part.

Hey Atari. Bad publicity doesnt help your company. No, we as customers arent going to stand for your TRIBBLE. Do you........GET IT??? YET????

If not maybe NEXT time.
    edited March 2010
    Phoxe, your on my ignore list... i can't hear you.

This made me chuckle. Im not sure why.....but it did. :o
    edited March 2010
    There is no free month for everyone. So you are not missing out.

And here is the " apology " = http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=130907

LoL someone added 2 days to my acct
    edited March 2010
    Sadly, something tells me this is only the beginning. I hope I am wrong.

Given the number of firestorms in just the last couple of months, I am betting that they will have another titanic customer relations ****up in a week or two. It will probably be something like the new content they have been promising will now cost 1000 cryptic points and be released late.
    edited March 2010
    i think i have a better idea of why they launched when they did (outside of a launch deadline for a contract that we dont know for sure exists, or Atari being evil overlords and pushing the game out the door.)
    edited March 2010
    avoid MORE suits? Yes
    avoid them all? No

They have other FRAUD suit pending?
    edited March 2010
    LoL someone added 2 days to my acct

lol

That's okay... apparently my accounts been cancelled, I wasn't even one of the ones who said they were going to do it.

That's awesome sauce. Guess they made the decision for me.
    edited March 2010
    ValcyrVexx wrote: »
    lol

That's okay... apparently my accounts been cancelled, I wasn't even one of the ones who said they were going to do it.

That's awesome sauce. Guess they made the decision for me.

We are entering serious bizarro territory here.
    edited March 2010
    Is it possible they're just that incompetent as opposed to being evil?
    edited March 2010

We are entering serious bizarro territory here.

Yeah I just logged in to see cuz that guy said something about getting 2 days credit to see if it was to all accounts or something but nope. My subscription is up on the 4th. and CANCELLED in red.

I didn't do it, I can even remember posting in a thread about how I was probably gonna re-up because my friend has faith in Cryptic.
    edited March 2010
    Is it possible they're just that incompetent as opposed to being evil?

Well, Hanlon's Razor applies in most cases, but I'm pretty sure "both" has been established for Atari's Sales&Marketing department by now.
This discussion has been closed.