What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

RE: Atari Sale

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Guys if this Forums gets shut down I have another one ready to go on a diff Website they cant do anything about anything goes there to so you can message me on xfire fkviper99991 and you can ask me for the website no trolls. lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    Hey everyone - I updated my original post on this issue, please check back there!

No offense, and this is before I even LOOK, but THIS oughta be funny....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    Well, that is certainly good news. (For the people who took advantage of the offer anyway.) Thank you taking the time to clear this part up least.

Is it me or did the original message change?
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I am glad that they are making good on the purchases prior to the offers shut down, even though I didn't like the offer.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

It has changed. We got caught with our pants down and ninjaed :( (Unless someone took a screen cap)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    People are upset. Make things right.
    There are a number of threads on the forums about this, which is making it very difficult to find information about anything else on these forums. Due to this, we are closing all other threads regarding this matter.

DENIED
    see Avatar
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    dnarris wrote: »
    I hope that means they will get the 60 extra days if they purchased before it changes rather than what is currently advertised.

At least that would make that particular situation right.

The funny thing is the ppl that were TELLING us that they WERENT giving this dont seem to be here anymore
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The funny thing is the ppl that were TELLING us that they WERENT giving this dont seem to be here anymore

well of course they Playing the game or got perma bann
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Andrys wrote: »
    That is the totality of your update? You are afraid somehow that the dozen or so idiots who fell bait to buying it this weekend will sue you? You aren't worried about the MILLION odd players who purchased this before?

I know what Cryptic makes games for: playing with their customers minds and wallets.

Craig back from his tropical weekend from all the money we gave him from pre-orders?

I think I've found an appropriate reviewer for STO. The guy who did the Phantom Menace and TNG movie reviews. Please, dear god, post a review of this sad, pitiful saga.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RedLetterMedia

you know who would be the BEST person to review this mess?
    YAHTZEE
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Relict wrote: »
    That's not a pill. And it's not even funny.

I didnt think it was funny to start with O.o
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    Hey everyone - I updated my original post on this issue, please check back there!

You put your big foot in, your big foot out, in, out, in, out.... and pretty soon you've done so much back peddling that someone is writing an article for a global newspaper about your calamity.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Someone needs to link me the place that dude sed we'd have 30 days to do the refund (assuming its still there)
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I don't know if the original message changed. I will have to look again.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I guess everyone else left, darn.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Greyle wrote: »
    No what happened?

He logged in to find his accout status "cancelled" an HE didnt do it
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I am glad that they are making good on the purchases prior to the offers shut down, even though I didn't like the offer.

Can't quite bring myself to give someone credit for realizing that they have to fulfil their legal obligations to customers.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Viper99991 wrote: »
    Well congrats make them happy. Think they Smelt Lawsuit and ran. This is getting out of hand no one knows wtf to do.

Oh for pete's sake. You can go with that assumption, or you can assume that the player generated rumor about them not honoring the advertisement was never true to begin with. But, of course, that wouldn't be as fun, now would it. And it would also make more than a few people look gullible.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well I am glad to see that the deal is honored for those that bought it. However to quote from the statement.
    We will continue to look at the best ways to add new users to our game in a competitive marketplace while keeping our current players happy.

I can see if what you said the adding the new customer part where is the keeping happy the current base?

Or am I just missing something?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Im still trying to figure out what the people who've been banned have done WRONG exactly. Under what violation does it fall??? Vox??? Are you kidding me???

Yes Cryptic the community notices this too. Does NOT look good. :mad:

There is the rub. You cant post about it or you get a vacation as well. It is a solid control policy - no? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You all think THIS response is messed up; heres the one from the other thread (assuming you havent seen it yet)
    Hi everyone,
    First, we respect the time, energy and passion the community has put into their opinions regarding the promotion that ran this weekend on Atari.com, offering 60-days of free play.

Like many companies, we are actively trying to sell games we are very proud of in an extremely competitive marketplace and we are always testing new ways to get more people using our products. The weekend promotion at Atari.com was one of those experiments. In the case of a game like Star Trek, we believe a larger number of players is a benefit to the entire community.

We will continue to look at the best ways to add new users to our game in a competitive marketplace while keeping our current players happy. Your feedback – good, bad and ugly – is extremely helpful and appreciated.

We won’t always get it right, but we’re always trying to do the right thing by you.

We do apologize and we appreciate your patience as we continue to do our best to make Star Trek Online the best game possible.

Thank you.

Philip Dean
    Director of Customer Support
    My interpretation:

"We are sure the number of people that come in will be greater than those that left. We're a business whatta ya want? It was good business."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXcLybhbChQ
    (sorry, shameless self plug, but its what gave me the idea for the avatar)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Combadge wrote:
    Oh for pete's sake. You can go with that assumption, or you can assume that the player generated rumor about them not honoring the advertisement was never true to begin with. But, of course, that wouldn't be as fun, now would it. And it would also make more than a few people look gullible.

Ya thats not assumption that a fact people on here stated that they was not getting it so hmm. Prob got AG Phone calls and boom yes everyone is getting the deal they offered.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Can't quite bring myself to give someone credit for realizing that they have to fulfil their legal obligations to customers.

Well that's what I am saying, at least that they got that part right. Phew!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I hope somone took Screeny of that offer so we dont look like Idiots? They just sweeping this under the rug hope somone bought it and can give us heads up to confirm if you got it or not.

One news site did:

http://www.incgamers.com/images/screenshots/15708orig.jpg

Hmm.. It did not happen/ was a typo??? That is the most deliberate typo I have ever seen. :eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    tsanuri wrote:
    Well I am glad to see that the deal is honored for those that bought it. However to quote from the statement.

I can see if what you said the adding the new customer part where is the keeping happy the current base?

Or am I just missing something?

I think thres a reason he didnt say it the other say around. He said it in order of importance.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ya thats not assumption that a fact people on here stated that they was not getting it so hmm. Prob got AG Phone calls and boom yes everyone is getting the deal they offered.

You must be referring to the "My friend's friend who bought the game said.." comment.. the one the angry mob immediately took as gospel and ran with because it was fuel for the fire.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hi everyone,
    First, we respect the time, energy and passion the community has put into their opinions regarding the promotion that ran this weekend on Atari.com, offering 60-days of free play.

Like many companies, we are actively trying to sell games we are very proud of in an extremely competitive marketplace and we are always testing new ways to get more people using our products. The weekend promotion at Atari.com was one of those experiments. In the case of a game like Star Trek, we believe a larger number of players is a benefit to the entire community.

We will continue to look at the best ways to add new users to our game in a competitive marketplace while keeping our current players happy. Your feedback – good, bad and ugly – is extremely helpful and appreciated.

We won’t always get it right, but we’re always trying to do the right thing by you.

We do apologize and we appreciate your patience as we continue to do our best to make Star Trek Online the best game possible.

Thank you.

Philip Dean
    Director of Customer Support

Well I am happy that they are willing to listen to us :) Not that I mind if they bring in more customers, or even extend the $10 off deal to the rest of the month. Heck they could even give them 250 CS credits for all I care. Honestly there isn't much in there anyway.

But 60 extra free days imo was mean.

I think that should be posted as an adendum for this Thread!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    They have till this day I already put stop on my CC for this Next Billing Date: Mar 4 2010 If things dont fan out Cya for long time unless.

1. You apologize to all in a mass e-mail to everyone.

2. You admit that either was money grab or B. that wires was crossed and it was a future Promo

3. Give 1 free Month to everyone as a token of good faith and a Good gesture.

Not much but might be to much for most people or not enough. Not a money grab on Cryptic side ATARIS
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Combadge wrote:
    You must be referring to the "My friend's friend who bought the game said.." comment.. the one the angry mob immediately took as gospel and ran with because it was fuel for the fire.

WOW LOOK IT UP IN THE PAGES ASSININE
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I update the RECEPTION section of the STO Wiki, read it if you want, please edit it if you think it needs links or what have you. I tried to fit it into a context that was kind of neutral.

I did change the Massively part in the beginning as well, I just didn't agree but it could easily be changed back.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

The really funny part is they shut down the last thread at 77 pages because it was getting to be to much for them to track. In less than 24 hours this thread is half the size of the one they closed. So at the present rate can we expect this one to close sometime tomorrow?:D

See http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=128573&page=77
This discussion has been closed.