Options

RE: Atari Sale

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    Hi everyone,

We understand that some of you are upset about the current sale on Atari.com. There are a number of threads on the forums about this, which is making it very difficult to find information about anything else on these forums. Due to this, we are closing all other threads regarding this matter. We do value your feedback on this, matter however, and would appreciate it if you would post your feedback regarding this matter here, in this thread. All other threads regarding this will be closed.

Thanks,
    Phoxe

Addendum:
    I've heard many voicing concerns that we will not be honoring this sale for anyone who took advantage of it this weekend. This is not the case at all, and anyone who decided to take advantage of the offer will receive what they purchased, as advertised.

Unacceptable.

Go back into the meeting and tell them this trial balloon was made of lead.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I update the RECEPTION section of the STO Wiki, read it if you want, please edit it if you think it needs links or what have you. I tried to fit it into a context that was kind of neutral.

I did change the Massively part in the beginning as well, I just didn't agree but it could easily be changed back.

Just wanted to hilight this again so people see I admit to this.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    136 pages so far lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    As long as it doesn't get vulgar stupid again, it's fine.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    100 pages of replies.. how many of the posts are by the same 8 or 10 people that are having a 72 hour temper tantrum.

You've said you peace. Hundreds of times. Its enough. You're righteous anger is played out. You're not a moral crusader. Move on, find a game you enjoy.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Awesome! That guy is on the ball. He knew more than me - at the time I read it of course. Sad I know but I must work.... :o
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Andrys wrote: »
    That is the totality of your update? You are afraid somehow that the dozen or so idiots who fell bait to buying it this weekend will sue you? You aren't worried about the MILLION odd players who purchased this before?

I know what Cryptic makes games for: playing with their customers minds and wallets.

Craig back from his tropical weekend from all the money we gave him from pre-orders?

I think I've found an appropriate reviewer for STO. The guy who did the Phantom Menace and TNG movie reviews. Please, dear god, post a review of this sad, pitiful saga.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RedLetterMedia

Thank you thank you thank you!

The best link I've seen all day!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Once again made it to another News Place dont know how common this place is but who knows the more the better. http://ow.ly/1pynHe
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Teelow wrote: »
    136 pages so far lol

Yeah. I'm wondering how many pages it would have been if everyone had only been allowed to post once. Four? Five maybe?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    100 pages of replies.. how many of the posts are by the same 8 or 10 people that are having a 72 hour temper tantrum.

You've said you peace. Hundreds of times. Its enough. You're righteous anger is played out. You're not a moral crusader. Move on, find a game you enjoy.

What's funny is that we don't constitute the large number of people who have viewed and are viewing this site.

Also, just because they pulled the offer it doesn't mean people didn't get the extra free 60 days!

And...But I AM a righteous Crusader, here to avenge me ladies pride!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Viper99991 wrote: »
    Once again made it to another News Place dont know how common this place is but who knows the more the better. http://ow.ly/1pynHe

So more can see this
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Combadge wrote:
    Oh for pete's sake. You can go with that assumption, or you can assume that the player generated rumor about them not honoring the advertisement was never true to begin with. But, of course, that wouldn't be as fun, now would it. And it would also make more than a few people look gullible.

Or maybe you didn't read the earlier post from the Cryptic Staff (Phox?) which has since been edited twice. It clearly stated that the 60 additional days playtime was not part of the deal - despite several advertisements which clearly stated that it was. Then it turned around and said, "hey, we are going to honor this deal for those who bought this over the weekend."

Look, Atari/Cryptic has already lost my money, but you are a fool if you honestly believe that any sane individual with any business savvy will believe that Cryptic or any company will lend credence to a player-generated rumor that has caused almost as much bad press as some of the most notorious screwups in gaming history by having their staff renege publicly on something that was put out as a major advertising point over a payday weekend.

This problem has the potential to cost Atari a lot of revenue just at the end of their fiscal year in lost subscriptions and likely in chargebacks (which are phenomenally expensive annually to game companies, not to the cardholders), which is exactly when they do not want to be showing a revenue loss - why in the world would any sane corporation sanction and give credence to a "player generated rumor" under those conditions? Better yet, why would any reasonable person come to the belief that they would?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Slackjaw, I looked into this and found that your account was one of a few that were in a weird state due to issues we had with our billing provider on launch day. The problem has been fixed, and your account should be fine now.

This is from Rehpic guess it was a bug???
  • Options
    edited March 2010
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    you know who would be the BEST person to review this mess?
    YAHTZEE

He would rock methinks. :cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Woot, complaining about us complaining, even still, in the thread we are supposed to be complaining in. Way to look foolish.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The thing that really disappoints me about the community support team here ( not the devs, not the Gms. not the producers, unlike some I know the different roles and don't expect too much of people busy in other areas ) id the lack of interaction.
    Sure, you can throw out a company statement. Can be quick to close a thread that threatens instability or hurts cryptic, very quick to jump in on a thread that is full of people falling over themselves to tell you what a good job you did, and preening like a winner at the teen choice awards, but after all that you have very little interaction with the community beyond a few cookie cutter statements.
    That is coming soon. I have passed this on, expect it soon.

As an ex administrator of a PC game forum much busier than this I implore you. Talk to the community. Interact. You are human beings, not company spokesmen.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Viper99991 wrote: »

OMG! 2girls1cup tied to this in name??? That is harsh, even for this situation.... :eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Personally Im just tired of a lot of the community anyways. The fan boys (or whats left of them) are the most obnoxious posters Ive seen. Ever.

I dont want to play with these people anyways.

The best part for Cryptic is, they wont HAVE to do anything more to the game. These people would be happy and clapping there hands no matter what.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    .Spartan wrote: »
    OMG! 2girls1cup tied to this in name??? That is harsh, even for this situation.... :eek:

LOl Thought it was funny too.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nvarra wrote: »
    Or maybe you didn't read the earlier post from the Cryptic Staff (Phox?) which has since been edited twice. It clearly stated that the 60 additional days playtime was not part of the deal - despite several advertisements which clearly stated that it was. Then it turned around and said, "hey, we are going to honor this deal for those who bought this over the weekend."

Look, Atari/Cryptic has already lost my money, but you are a fool if you honestly believe that any sane individual with any business savvy will believe that Cryptic or any company will lend credence to a player-generated rumor that has caused almost as much bad press as some of the most notorious screwups in gaming history by having their staff renege publicly on something that was put out as a major advertising point over a payday weekend.

This problem has the potential to cost Atari a lot of revenue just at the end of their fiscal year in lost subscriptions and likely in chargebacks (which are phenomenally expensive annually to game companies, not to the cardholders), which is exactly when they do not want to be showing a revenue loss - why in the world would any sane corporation sanction and give credence to a "player generated rumor" under those conditions? Better yet, why would any reasonable person come to the belief that they would?

And, again, rather than assuming there was a simple miscommunication between people posting on the issue, you're choosing to instead assume that Cryptic/Atari is buckling on their position because they fear being sued. Despite the fact that another representative made it pretty clear from the start that the 60 day offer was part of the deal. But let's keep conveniently ignoring that fact because, after all, it just complicates the whole flaming thing some people are set on doing. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    DarthDozer wrote:
    The really funny part is they shut down the last thread at 77 pages because it was getting to be to much for them to track. In less than 24 hours this thread is half the size of the one they closed. So at the present rate can we expect this one to close sometime tomorrow?:D

See http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=128573&page=77

Eevn more funny as theres that dude.. Dark.. something that has the avatar of what I think is a greenish Voyager, his sig has a thread thats over 500 pages long lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Personally Im just tired of a lot of the community anyways. The fan boys (or whats left of them) are the most obnoxious posters Ive seen. Ever.

I dont want to play with these people anyways.

The best part for Cryptic is, they wont HAVE to do anything more to the game. These people would be happy and clapping there hands no matter what.

I am rapidly heading your direction on this.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Eevn more funny as theres that dude.. Dark.. something that has the avatar of what I think is a greenish Voyager, his sig has a thread thats over 500 pages long lol

they just dident like the title of the old one they stickyed, the new one is much more user friendly and bland.
    not saying it isnt wrong and this isnt a i defend cryptic thing. just saying why
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:

maybe they think you dont have to scream and qq to get somthing done. my kids QQ when they want somthing. most times they dont get it unless they can give a good reasion why they should
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:

Me 3. It's getting annoying dealing with people who are trying to come across as intelligent people here to bring us back to reason by Trolling us.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Rumbleskin wrote: »
    maybe they think you dont have to scream and qq to get somthing done. my kids QQ when they want somthing. most times they dont get it unless they can give a good reasion why they should

Oh not this agaiiiinnnnn....

Rumbleskin, there are 2 threads if you wanna know what the legitimate reasons are. At this point all you're doing is Qqing about us QQing, in the thread where we are supposed to QQ.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Rumbleskin wrote: »

You're not too bad Rumbleskin. Not at all. Generally you make your points pretty well. You're still a mega supporter and thats fine.

Its the rest of them (not all, just most). Most of those supporting the game are just......wow. Absolute idiots. Its probably just a loud mouthed group on the forums. Maybe there's still good people in game. I dont know.

We are angry at Cryptic. And then the supporters get angry at US. I mean......we didnt start anything. We get flamed to death though.

Im just not too sure of this crowd anymore. Up until now I was pretty happy with the game. But all the cool people are gone or leaving.

On top of everything else it gives me further more no reason to stay. This was not the kind of community I had expected to see regarding Star Trek Online.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm not leaving.... I guess I ain't cool

*hunches over and walks off...

*sniff... I thought I was cool..

*kicks can

:D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    I'm not leaving.... I guess I ain't cool

*hunches over and walks off...

*sniff... I thought I was cool..

*kicks can

:D

Ah well. At least some decent folks are staying. I stand corrected. Im just growing extremely tired of the fan boy rants.

Im sure if there are a LOT of people complaining and you are nothing but a HUGE fan of the game it can get a little annoying. But the attitude and responses are just trash. Absolute TRIBBLE.

I'll probably stick around here until my sub dies. May as well. See what happens. But I'll almost be glad when its all over at this point.
This discussion has been closed.