Install Arc
Options

RE: Atari Sale

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    dnarris wrote: »
    lol. people are already picking up Melinko's avatar.

hey credit where its due
    Uncleromulus MADE it lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    Has anyone bothered to post the new links from the news site and mmocrunch to the talk page of the wiki yet?

The mmocrunch one is here: http://www.mmocrunch.com/2010/03/01/star-trek-online-pre-order-penalty/
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Champions-Online

"Also next week, the developers are holding a live PvP event on Friday from 4pm to 7pm PST, during which they'll be debuting their developer supergroup The Cryptonauts. Don't miss out on your chance to take down the developers in some PvP action."

This is what they are spending their time doing....

I can't really hold it against them for giving their old game some love. After all, that community has been waiting FAR longer than anyone here for Cryptic to do their game right.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Aerelleus wrote: »
    i wouldnt be suprised if they give us c store cash as comphensation

THAT woild be funny. The way to make up for the slap in the face is yet another slap in the face
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hey everyone - I updated my original post on this issue, please check back there!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Geoduck360 wrote:
    I think everyone wants to forget Enterprise.

Aww, I liked it
    lol there was no other choices at the time :p
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well, that is certainly good news. (For the people who took advantage of the offer anyway.) Thank you taking the time to clear this part up least.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Geoduck360 wrote:
    Actually, that tastes and smells a little of almonds..

CARBON MONOXIDE DOESNT LOL

damn caps
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    Hey everyone - I updated my original post on this issue, please check back there!

I hope that means they will get the 60 extra days if they purchased before it changes rather than what is currently advertised.

At least that would make that particular situation right.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hey.... is it me or are all the fanbois gone?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    What this means is they realized the F'd up again and now have to give them to the ppl that already bought them. Like I siad friend bought it an as of 1pm central atari told him no
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Phoxe wrote:

That is the totality of your update? You are afraid somehow that the dozen or so idiots who fell bait to buying it this weekend will sue you? You aren't worried about the MILLION odd players who purchased this before?

I know what Cryptic makes games for: playing with their customers minds and wallets.

Craig back from his tropical weekend from all the money we gave him from pre-orders?

I think I've found an appropriate reviewer for STO. The guy who did the Phantom Menace and TNG movie reviews. Please, dear god, post a review of this sad, pitiful saga.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RedLetterMedia
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I hope that means they will get the 60 extra days if they purchased before it changes rather than what is currently advertised.

Indeed. I don't see that they really have a choice in the matter.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Someone get fired then they changed the sale..?? LMAO
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well congrats make them happy. Think they Smelt Lawsuit and ran. This is getting out of hand no one knows wtf to do.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    CARBON MONOXIDE DOESNT LOL

damn caps

That's not a pill. And it's not even funny.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    mavgeek wrote: »
    Massive QQing. On an epic scale the likes of which the internet has never seen before.

...Until next week :p
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well as a Lifetime subber....

You should be giving all of the non lifers 60 extra days free. That was a complete slap in the face to them. Especially the ones that pre ordered. They are the ones that showed you loyalty and faith to begin with. Someone in your marketing team seemed to forget that the ones paying the monthly subs will be the ones paying your bills two or three years down the road. You should be treating them better than you have been.

I'm in this for the long haul because it is a Star Trek game and no other. As far as me buying a lifetime sub. Enjoy the money while it lasts because until things change at Atari/Cryptic (Yes, I realize Atari owns you) neither of you will ever see another dollar of my money ever again. No matter how good the game or product is.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hey.... is it me or are all the fanbois gone?

It's the same old tired arguments, frankly. The whole complaint is basically one big emotional appeal.

. . . and when it comes down to it, it really doesn't affect the game that much. It's a complaint against the business model, not the game itself. It's still IMO a good game.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sorbek wrote: »
    Well as a Lifetime subber....

You should be giving all of the non lifers 60 extra days free. That was a complete slap in the face to them. Especially the ones that pre ordered. They are the ones that showed you loyalty and faith to begin with. Someone in your marketing team seemed to forget that the ones paying the monthly subs will be the ones paying your bills two or three years down the road. You should be treating them better than you have been.

I'm in this for the long haul because it is a Star Trek game and no other. As far as me buying a lifetime sub. Enjoy the money while it lasts because until things change at Atari/Cryptic (Yes, I realize Atari owns you) neither of you will ever see another dollar of my money ever again. No matter how good the game or product is.

/agreed 50000% no more money for TRIBBLE ATARI
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    lets end that discussion there.... lest I get silenced... permanently :P

You heard what happened to Slackjaw right?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    asdf;lajs;dflja;sdlfj
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't get why it is sooo hard to say

Sorry guys we made a mistake.

Instead we got marketing spin...

Just 5 words... 5 words and it would have gone a long way to helping the situation.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Andrys wrote: »
    That is the totality of your update? You are afraid somehow that the dozen or so idiots who fell bait to buying it this weekend will sue you? You aren't worried about the MILLION odd players who purchased this before?

I know what Cryptic makes games for: playing with their customers minds and wallets.

Craig back from his tropical weekend from all the money we gave him from pre-orders?

I think I've found an appropriate reviewer for STO. The guy who did the Phantom Menace and TNG movie reviews. Please, dear god, post a review of this sad, pitiful saga.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RedLetterMedia

That Avatar review was even more funny that his First Contact review.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    Hi everyone,

We understand that some of you are upset about the current sale on Atari.com. There are a number of threads on the forums about this, which is making it very difficult to find information about anything else on these forums. Due to this, we are closing all other threads regarding this matter. We do value your feedback on this, matter however, and would appreciate it if you would post your feedback regarding this matter here, in this thread. All other threads regarding this will be closed.

Thanks,
    Phoxe

Addendum:
    I've heard many voicing concerns that we will not be honoring this sale for anyone who took advantage of it this weekend. This is not the case at all, and anyone who decided to take advantage of the offer will receive what they purchased, as advertised.

So this means then that anyone that bought the DDE from Atari will also receive the additional 60 days free playtime and free shipping right? Right?

Cuz you know that's the right thing to do now.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

No what happened?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yes, the permabanhammer seems to be in full swing along with the topiclocker and threadeleter

They cant nerf this: THRE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Whole situation is a really great way to start off a mmo sheesh...
  • Options
    edited March 2010

sort of. whatever you do, don't en;ighten me
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    CobraA1 wrote: »
    It's the same old tired arguments, frankly. The whole complaint is basically one big emotional appeal.

. . . and when it comes down to it, it really doesn't affect the game that much. It's a complaint against the business model, not the game itself. It's still IMO a good game.

My main concern was the way they handled this today.

Before the announcement, they were trying to sweep it under the rug into the one thread... thinking they could herd everyone like sheep into the inconspicuous closet called "Atari Sale." That annoyed me.

Then they started closing unrelated critical threads and pointing them here. That REALLY annoyed me.

Then came the changing of the sale, along with reports of people who took advantage of the offer being denied their free game time. That ****ed me off.

Then came the announcement, which said absolutely nothing about any of the real concerns. That was unacceptable.

Now that they've said they will be honoring the deal, I have less reason to think of them as criminals, but the whole thing leaves a REALLY bad taste in my mouth.
This discussion has been closed.