Install Arc
Options

Patch cancelled, account cancelled

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Heliotrope wrote: »
    Yes, and we have people complaining that there are not enough non-combat missions.
    Are you beginning to see the dilemmas a dev team faces when trying to please everyone?

Cool story man , I'd like to see that link.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    miscommunication my butt cryptic needs to be more responsible for what they put out

"miscommunication" that led to them putting out a video that passed all "quality and control" standards to be published (it is gone yet)?
    I think "miscommunication" = "spin"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kuber wrote:
    What do you think, maybe another month or two before all these impatient early adopters duck out and we're left with a stable, mostly adult player population?

Stable, adult, and small, yes
    Arent you the one always saying we DONT want people leaving?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cool story man , I'd like to see that link.

I think this is the link you're looking for.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19/

Good luck with your therapy.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    March 3rd is going to be a High Holy Day from now on, the day the non-sub whiners get locked out of the game and the forums!

6 more days, I can't wait, it is like Winter-een-mas all over again!

To all those who are going to leave: Can we have your stuff?!

Yours in Forward-looking Plasma,
    Star*Dagger

...and then the forums will be quiet
    ...and the servers too not too long afterwards lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ...and then the forums will be quiet
    ...and the servers too not too long afterwards lol

Yet you're still here...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    JamesH2010 wrote:
    I got news for ya google tabula rasa etc everyone said the same things. They got all arrogant and told people to leave if they did not like it. Now the game is closed. So how do you know this game will be around so long? Just wishful thinking? They are refunding most of the lifers money and I do not see very many people going for the bait/switch 45 day patch when the other patch is not ready yet. I somehow doubt the 45 day patch will be at 45 days probably more like 90 days minimimum.

People will continue to leave and with all the bad press/word of mouth I do not see this game lasting a year at this rate. Something better change drastically down at Cryptic and soon.

This too:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=126789&page=5

It happened in that game as well.
    Funny thing too; I posted that FSS started pushing back patches and cancelling them outright, then the NEXT NIGHT they cancelled this one, to be re-releassed SOON(TM)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    dstahl wrote: »
    Btw...

Last night's scheduled update was moved to tonight due to the fact that QA found a showstopper in the build that would have broken bridge officers. We tracked it down and we're pushing the new update tonight instead.

Tonight's update is focused on fixing many of the broken items in the game. This is not the Borg Special Task Force Update. That build is going up on the new Public Test Shard which is hopefully going live early next week if not sooner.

Another useless response from Cryptic. You've already lost this guy, and probably a bunch more from this idiocy. You can try and make a calm response, but it doesn't matter when you give out false information on IGN videos and think you can only talk to the community not on a regular basis and with real information.

It's not going to matter much how you reply back when your subscriber base really bails. You did this with CO and haven't proven you've learned a thing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You're scaring me, man. Did they send you to reeducation camp during your imposed hiatus?

My dear Uncle Rommie whoms faction I hope to see get some loving next after the Klingons. It dawned on me that this will never be my Trek. I was expecting more out of the community and found otherwise. Although it was fun being a lightning rod for fanboi angst for awhile, and on the street if I saw a bully I would still cross it, not to avoid them but to go assist the person they were picking on, it's just not worth it after coming to some realizations. And ultimately I think you just can't change some things, it was this way before I got here and shall remain the same once gone. That is a core part of this game. I was looking for somethig more Trekkier if that sounds foolish and I think the way the community behaves is a big part of this for me, for this game.

At least we kept a few of them here busy instead of in game smacking down people for asking where Sulus was. I wish those who stay well and hope they get their value out of their investments.

And don't worry, Amazon should be getting my package soon and I my 50% refund. I'd still like to see this game succeed for others no matter what. That's why I was a customer in the first place. I think that's why all of us with issues, not hate, joined Star Trek Online in the first place. I know I was quiet and patiently waited until I tried the game out, I gave Cryptic the benefit of the doubt for both Champions Online and Star Trek Online. For how great their games are in their own rights, their games just aren't for me. So no need to be butt hurt eh? No need to be a lightning rod, all is good. 50% refund on the way woohoo makes for one very happy consumer!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Btw...

Last night's scheduled update was moved to tonight due to the fact that QA found a showstopper in the build that would have broken bridge officers. We tracked it down and we're pushing the new update tonight instead.

Tonight's update is focused on fixing many of the broken items in the game. This is not the Borg Special Task Force Update. That build is going up on the new Public Test Shard which is hopefully going live early next week if not sooner.

Thanks for the heads up. Don't worry about the kids leaving, the game is better off with them gone.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Battleunit wrote: »
    Tabula Rasa is not STO and its loss of players had nothing to do with a few being told to leave.

1) Tabula Rasa had very poor sales. STO had amazing sales.

link for that please? cause the only population stats Ive seen was a forum account number for BOTH CO AND STO
    3) Tabula Rasa had a failed technology model, STO has a working technology model that expanded, with few hiccups, to handle hundreds of thousands of players.

Yeah, 50 at a time
    4) The Tabula Rasa IP was non-existent. The STO IP is vibrant and strong.

no... the STAR TREK IP is well to be honest (sorry Trekkies) average. Big movie having just come out, its stong-ish. The STO IP is shaky and getting smaller.
    They (Cryptic) are not refunding most of the lifers.

I told this to a coworker who had heard nothing about STO from me, and he said essentially, "Im sorry to hear that I had high hopes for that game."
    I asked him what he was talking about, and he said "They know the game isnt gonna last then. What you thought they were being NICE?!"
    You are doing no research on the game, providing no server numbers, so what we have is your own incorrect opinion paraded as fact.

no offense, youre doing the same till you link the sales figures
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    haha I was thinking the same thing when I took a walk down memory lane the other day.

Memory lane = Champions Online forums and seeing the same complaints and problems Cryptic had weeks to months after releasing Champions Online that STO is having now. Which was less then 6 months ago and things aren't looking the best over there in my opinion.

I havent played CO (Im glad I let my Sushi man hate make me skip that game btw) I was referring to my one trick pony lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    jdb2008 wrote: »
    It's kind of why I'm still around. I'm staying positive that Cryptic is gonig to fix the bugs and get content done in a timely manner.

is that sarcasm?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    and yet vanguard is still around, and they had a lot more problems then we have.

lol THATS a good example.. high standards there
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Btw...

So thats the OFFICIAL excuse now? Cause we've heard what 3 now?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So I don't know what I talking about right? So you are ok with the 40-50 planets they have being the same size, but with different colors, and lets not forget the rings either.

ALL with asteroids EVERYWHERE
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    c-c-c-combobreaker!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i am not going to except what they say because they missed stuff in the past i am skeptical about all this you guys need to do the same be skeptical ask questions dont fall into old patterns

Be skeptical... do not allow your lips to become surgically attacked to body parts other than your own
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kuber wrote:
    Yet you're still here...

Yup LTS, Im going nowhere. I like playing to game too. Weird huh?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    c-c-c-combobreaker!

I see what you did there.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    damn... I was expecting people to keep posting to break up those posts lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Btw...

More bugs fixed is good and as someone who reasonably regularly likes puttering on test shards, a test shard will be nice to have and (try and( help with bug extermination before live pushes.

Thanks for elaborating on what delayed last night.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    well there is going to be a patch tonight i hope its going to be worth it
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    well there is going to be a patch tonight i hope its going to be worth it

Where did you hear this? Or have a link please?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    here is information

Phoxe wrote:
    Release Notes - Feb 26, 2010

Very Rare and Omega items may now be equipped on your Bridge Officers. Note that these items do not display on costumes yet. Costume designs for this gear will be addressed in a future update.
    Impulse Engines with Full Enhancements now properly provided a bonus to Full Impulse speed.
    Fixed Red Matter Capacitor so that it is functional and can be equipped on the power bar. Multiples will not stack.
    Mk-X Deflectors now allow full use of all Deflector related powers.
    We removed the old driver warning on the 191-195 line of NVidia drivers that some players were receiving since newer drivers are not yet available for some configurations.
    Game Cursor rendering is no longer reliant on the GPU which should resolve issues with cursors disappearing on SLI configurations.
    Clarified tooltips for Torpedoes to show they disable and kill a target percent or an absolute amount of crew - whichever is less.
    Some larger enemy ships were not damaging player crew, and some smaller ships were damaging too many. This is now fixed.
    The Best Buy special promotion Tribble is now appropriately displayed as a Rare item.
    Added more localized text that was missing from the Tutorial and Character Creation.
    Fixed an issue where some players were unable to enter the Cernan system
    Added the ability to use the Depart System (minimap button) from Sol System and Earth Space Dock.
    Addressed an issue where some Grenades were not displaying visual FX when thrown.
    Congratulations Lieutenant! Voice Over narration from Leonard Nimoy should now play more reliably when you level up in space.
    Added the missing audio for Tractor Beam Repel.
    Anti-Proton Dual Beams now use Anti-Proton stats and not Phaser stats.
    Revised the audio for science (medical) team.
    Updated the Galaxy map to make locations more accurate, fix typos, and add future game play locations.
    Addressed an issue where ranking up bridge officers would unexpectedly add additional ranks.

If QA approves .6 here are the additional updates

Fix an assert with character copy.
    Fix a memory leak in character transfer
    Update character copy so that the web flow does not wait on a response and cause a bottleneck.
    Ensure that unique special items are being checkedk properly to prevent players from equipping multiple copies of unique items.

Link to the news article.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for the info, looking good!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No word on Viral Matrix III bug fix?

MITHIE SMASH!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    link for that please? cause the only population stats Ive seen was a forum account number for BOTH CO AND STO

Erm, they didn't have enough copies to fill the pre-order demand. That tells me something. It is also in the top sellers on many retail sites.

But whatever. You don't care about reality.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'd like to give the OP a hand for his ~40 page troll thread.

Extra points for getting a yellow post.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Heliotrope wrote: »
    Erm, they didn't have enough copies to fill the pre-order demand. That tells me something. It is also in the top sellers on many retail sites.

But whatever. You don't care about reality.

thats amzing neither do you