test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch cancelled, account cancelled

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Yep, just that easy. I can live with some problems, no endgame or anything. But right now we should be playing some new endgame for one week. And surprise, we wont be playing it this week too!!
My hope/trust is over. Only reason for me to subscribe next month is that 45 day patch (clear money grab). But how I can sub now? They are not able to do what they promise. One week, ok. But next week and still nothing?........
I will not pay for words.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Can I have your stuff?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yea, not very good idea considering some people are sticking around on faith in Cryptic and its ability to improve the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Can I have your stuff?

Damn, beat me to it!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Soooo.... In this case you would rather have a patch that is not ready yet? Its a total lose/lose situation for Cryptic. They release a patch that only breaks things further, people cancel. They don't release the patch people quit.

I know its disappointing..... I am hoping for more than working on an alt. But, personally I would rather wait a week longer.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Baci wrote:
    Soooo.... In this case you would rather have a patch that is not ready yet? Its a total lose/lose situation for Cryptic. They release a patch that only breaks things further, people cancel. They don't release the patch people quit.

I know its disappointing..... I am hoping for more than working on an alt. But, personally I would rather wait a week longer.

they could try getting it right the first time / faster. you'd think with the state the game is in and absolutely NO end game content right now they would be working on this 24/7 to get some content out.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Baci wrote:

You know, this content should be here since last week. I dont really care what they do, they should not promise or create fancy vids with date. You know, if they want us to sub to get that 45 day patch, they should make their words worth something. All we have now are farts.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Baci wrote:

Do they not have testing in their patching plan? How can this be something that just came up? LOL. Its all spin to keep the players strung along. It happened before witht his company see: CO. Nothing new to see here. Any hope I had that they would handle this game any different than CO is now over.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is a direct quote from another thread by a GM explaining why the patch was delayed.
    Guys,

This is what happens in game development, it's the reason why we use "Soon" a bunch. I spent a little extra time making it extra cool, so its running a little late... When the video was made, that was the target date.

I'm giving you a update now so you know whats going on. If the thread turns into hate and bile, it will definately be the last time I give you a update on stuff I'm working on :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Do they not have testing in their patching plan? How can this be something that just came up? LOL. Its all spin to keep the players strung along. It happened before witht his company see: CO. Nothing new to see here. Any hope I had that they would handle this game any different than CO is now over.

And what do you think testing is for?!?!

What do you think happens when something is found in testing ?!?!

Do you think they call the software pixies to come in and make everything better?

Seriously ... what exactly were you thinking happens? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    alpha599 wrote: »
    This is a direct quote from another thread by a GM explaining why the patch was delayed.

Wow. Are you serious? I can not believe a dev would respond to their customers like that. "Bile and Hate"?
    WTF. "Never posting again" Thats some sad ****. How can they blame people for being unhappy with this? Cryptic is not long for this genre with attitudes and customer interaction like that.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ghartan wrote:

Do you think they call the software pixies to come in and make everything better?

But you shouldnt make fancy video with date if your stuff is not working or tested. They just lied there.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ghartan wrote:

I think the issue is rather one of communication than the actual act itself. We don't know why the patch was cancelled, it just was. I'm not complaining, i'm still playing the game and whatever, but imagine if someone said that you could have some delicious chocolate today and then suddenly, when the day rolls around and you wait for your chocolate they tell you "Nope, sorry, no chocolate today." before walking off.

Some people just want their chocolate :(

Anyway, what was I saying? I'm hungry now.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Baci wrote:
    Soooo.... In this case you would rather have a patch that is not ready yet?

Why would the patch not be ready, the trailer had a release date. It didn't say 'Coming Soon', it said February 25th.

The fact people are accepting of this behavior in the gaming industry is really sad.

From what I heard over 7 million people bought Star Trek Online. Let's assume every one of those 7 million customers paid only $50. That's $350,000,000 gross.

So a company that released a new game that made $300,000,000+ in its first few weeks can't follow through on promises of release dates? Mind you, Cryptic still has to earn the $15 from everyone all over again.

It's not looking good.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Here is how things should work.
    They should plan for a time period to make a patch, they should plan on a period of testing, and a period of fixing issues during the test, and have a date they can tell us. It should be stated that date is subject to change in UNUSUAL circumstances if they miss their plan.

Al that being said I am extra impatient with this one, because frankly its content that should have been in the game before launch, so it isnt delayed a week in my opinion, its delayed a month :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cthulhuite wrote: »
    I think the issue is rather one of communication than the actual act itself. We don't know why the patch was cancelled, it just was. I'm not complaining, i'm still playing the game and whatever, but imagine if someone said that you could have some delicious chocolate today and then suddenly, when the day rolls around and you wait for your chocolate they tell you "Nope, sorry, no chocolate today." before walking off.

Some people just want their chocolate :(

Anyway, what was I saying? I'm hungry now.

This is EXACTLY how things where done in CO. Nothing different at all. Thats what gets me upset. It just they way they string us along. And that response by Gozer really takes the cake for me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Why would the patch not be ready, the trailer had a release date. It didn't say 'Coming Soon', it said February 25th.

The fact people are accepting of this behavior in the gaming industry is really sad.

From what I heard over 7 million people bought Star Trek Online. Let's assume every one of those 7 million customers paid only $50. That's $350,000,000 gross.

So a company that released a new game that made $300,000,000+ in its first few weeks can't follow through on promises of release dates? Mind you, Cryptic still has to earn the $15 from everyone all over again.

It's not looking good.
    I think it was actually 1 million of site accounts. But whatever...
    I am not angry because the game is not that good. I am angry because they dont keep their promises, if you stamp somewhere a date, then you should go for that date. Anything other and your words and brand are worthless. Why should we pay for words and fancy videos?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    alpha599 wrote: »

No, that quote does not explain why the patch was delayed. That post was a direct THREAT against the community. Could you point me to that post? I cannot quite find it. I need to go in there and give a piece of my mind. You do NOT threaten customers. EVER.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No, that quote does not explain why the patch was delayed. That post was a direct THREAT against the community. Could you point me to that post? I cannot quite find it. I need to go in there and give a piece of my mind. You do NOT threaten customers. EVER.

I know, right? What the hell was going through that persons head when he was making that post. ANY faith I had in Cryptic or this game when out the window today. That one post lost them a subscription.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am a bit frustrated by this as well, I'd have liked to see some progress. Honestly the game should never have been released in the state it is currently in. The more you play, the more things you will notice that just should or shouldn't have been in a launched MMO. I have never played an MMO that was so barebone as this one.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm guessing this new content will magically be ready by March 5th so people will have to sub for another month to see it. Any bets on the "45 day" patch turning into a 65 day patch?
    Wow. Are you serious? I can not believe a dev would respond to their customers like that. "Bile and Hate"?
    WTF. "Never posting again" Thats some sad ****. How can they blame people for being unhappy with this? Cryptic is not long for this genre with attitudes and customer interaction like that.

Haha I read that and had the same reaction. Nothing like a dev threatening to take his ball and go home.
    From what I heard over 7 million people bought Star Trek Online.

LOL no.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I don't know if it's a real quote or not, but assuming that it is, his concerns are not unfounded.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Look thru the first 5 pages, both Gozer posts are in there.
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=126620
  • Options
    edited February 2010

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=126620

I am pretty sure there is no reason to be upset by those remarks. I am almost positive that he was just poking a little fun at some of the people in that thread. But you can read decide for yourself when you read the thread.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hunaxor wrote: »
    All we have now are farts.

Can I use this in my sig? :P
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I know, right? What the hell was going through that persons head when he was making that post. ANY faith I had in Cryptic or this game when out the window today. That one post lost them a subscription.

You folks are gonna be very disappointed in many aspects of life if you think he was off base with that post.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok, I applaud the idea behind the video, which was to show us some of the things they are working on. Yes it was a goof to leave the date there or not to amend it to say that the date isnt correct HOWEVER COMMA, look at it as finally an attempt to communicate to us what they are doing.

Yes this is something Cryptic SERIOUSLY needs to start doing. In DAoC they had fairly constant updates on the websites on what they were working on, and no they didnt give dates when. (yes we remember you Sandra)
    The other thing they had was a test server to test stuff out on before it went live. Did this prevent bugs from getting into LIVE...no, but I am sure it helped stop a few of them though.
    Communication Cryptic, thats what we are asking for. Not hard dates (though yes we would love those) but specifics on WHAT your working on. It's the silence we abhor.

I am glad for the video, thank you for the peek. Next time remember if it's got something with a projected date...might want to edit it or put in a disclaimer.

A Weekly communication or something, bi weekly even.
    Again, thanks for the peek.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well.. Ummmm... Sorta..

I will clarify for you. We are releasinng the first "Raidisode" (now known as Special Task Forces, raidisode was always just a word I made up anyway, and used internally) later this week.

The current plan however is to release it to the New Test Sever along with a character copy feature (also coming this week) first, and then if all goes well to the Live Server the following week. You should be able to copy your characters over to the test server and play the raidisode if you dont want to wait on the Live Server update the following week, as long as you are either a KDF General or Starfeet Admirial.. Yes thats right.... KDF General... :) there is a Klingon Version of Infected as well..

From here on on out all patches will pretty much follow this format.

Gozer

Here is another reply he did in that thread also.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    QorChang wrote: »
    Ok, I applaud the idea behind the video, which was to show us some of the things they are working on. Yes it was a goof to leave the date there or not to amend it to say that the date isnt correct HOWEVER COMMA, look at it as finally an attempt to communicate to us what they are doing.

Yes this is something Cryptic SERIOUSLY needs to start doing. In DAoC they had fairly constant updates on the websites on what they were working on, and no they didnt give dates when. (yes we remember you Sandra)
    The other thing they had was a test server to test stuff out on before it went live. Did this prevent bugs from getting into LIVE...no, but I am sure it helped stop a few of them though.
    Communication Cryptic, thats what we are asking for. Not hard dates (though yes we would love those) but specifics on WHAT your working on. It's the silence we abhor.

I am glad for the video, thank you for the peek. Next time remember if it's got something with a projected date...might want to edit it or put in a disclaimer.

A Weekly communication or something, bi weekly even.
    Again, thanks for the peek.

That is my biggest problem, you have to check three different places to see if there are patch notes. Sometimes it will be on the forum first and not in the patcher.

They seem to have a problem communicating with each other also.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You do NOT threaten customers. EVER.

THREATEN?

You feel threatened by that post?

Really?

Seriously?

I think you need to get off the internet and step outside for a while.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    You folks are gonna be very disappointed in many aspects of life if you think he was off base with that post.

Get out man. It has nothing to do with other aspects of life. Save us all the philosophy. That IS a bad comment to make to a community you are trying to hold on to. People are here because they have faith in Cryptic and their ability to bring the game to a AAA level. That comment does not endear them to their community what so ever. He really can not see why people are upset? Thats the funniest thing about it. Is he that detached from the community to not see it?