test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

POLL: Death Penalty

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    drgenocide wrote: »
    I have only repeated this a few times throughout this thread to date. So, here's one more time. I even added a note that I would allow someone to change their vote based on the clarification if they noted there vote as a change.

But here we go again. Reading, of course, is not entirely optional

No = Status Quo. Therefore, no death penalty other than what you currently have.
    Yes = Some sort of death penalty other than status quo.

I now know why the nuns in catholic school used rulers to enforce their will, because some people no matter how many times you tell them something are just not paying attention.

- MARK -

Then I am forced to change my answer to Yes, because I want a change from the status quo, but not what I would define as a "penalty".
    edited February 2010
    noted.

- MARK -
    edited February 2010
    Goodwind wrote:
    Poll not going the way you like so you want to change how people voted?

Actually its going exactly like I thought, almost everyone voted for some kind of death penalty, except a selected few that said they want no death penalty at all in their posts. So if I count right now its like a 95% pro DP, and like ~40% want an even harder DP.
    edited February 2010
    Scay, you should be in politics. Because that is nothing but spin!
    edited February 2010
    Scay wrote:
    Actually its going exactly like I thought, almost everyone voted for some kind of death penalty, except a selected few that said they want no death penalty at all in their posts. So if I count right now its like a 95% pro DP, and like ~40% want an even harder DP.

Of course it is. In your world, you know what is right and those who agree with you are right and those who disagree simply don’t understand the question and actually do.
    edited February 2010
    No
    (Because death penalty = lame
    edited February 2010
    It seems to me that the larger % want a DP as long as its not too extreme.

While tailing behind are those who want a extreme DP (like me,) and those who dont want one.

Although it seems that some of the carebears and extreme gamers would be willing to accept a lesser increase in DP as a compromise..........including me as anthing is better than the crappy pointless way it is now.

edited February 2010
    No...I would prefer a survival bonus...
    edited February 2010
    Planet03 wrote:
    No...I would prefer a survival bonus...

That would be fine. But that's still a death penalty since you lose the bonus when you die. ;)
    edited February 2010
    PVP Death Penalty: NO - Not in the present state of the game. Fix other issues first where a DP wont compound those presently existing issues. Matter of fact I am opposed PROBABLY to any form of PVP DP. Let peeps come and die as much as they want...me included. Make it more difficult to re-enter the battle so fast or so soon after dying or find some other way to stop the Death zerging.

PVE Death Penalty: Iffy

I wouldnt mind one but I dont think it's going to solve much. Rather Cryptic make some missions/Scenarios that cant be solo'd.
    But if I can solo everything, then a DP is no longer relevant and is useless other than to punish people who havent figured out how to solo certain missions YET.
    As my 2 fed toons are almost commander and one has died less than 6 times total and the other has died ONCE in that entire time, a dp would be a useless and meaningless gesture as it would only come to bear once in a very great while.
    edited February 2010
    Yes, I would like to have DP, heck even WOW has one (or it did the last time i played it).
    edited February 2010
    No.

...and these words are intended to exceed the 10 character minimum.
    edited February 2010
    yes

(10 chars)
    edited February 2010
    Yes
    *have to type more than 10 characters..."
    edited February 2010
    Hellz to the No
    edited February 2010
    YES

Definitly yes for missions, and Fleet actions, it will end the zerg mentality. Grouping and tactics will improve!

For PvP we might need something less, because the PvP maps are so small already.
    edited February 2010
    QorChang wrote: »
    PVP Death Penalty: NO - Not in the present state of the game. Fix other issues first where a DP wont compound those presently existing issues. Matter of fact I am opposed PROBABLY to any form of PVP DP. Let peeps come and die as much as they want...me included. Make it more difficult to re-enter the battle so fast or so soon after dying or find some other way to stop the Death zerging.

PVE Death Penalty: Iffy

I wouldnt mind one but I dont think it's going to solve much. Rather Cryptic make some missions/Scenarios that cant be solo'd.
    But if I can solo everything, then a DP is no longer relevant and is useless other than to punish people who havent figured out how to solo certain missions YET.
    As my 2 fed toons are almost commander and one has died less than 6 times total and the other has died ONCE in that entire time, a dp would be a useless and meaningless gesture as it would only come to bear once in a very great while.
    Just make it a permanent death and the dp would be very usefull. ;)
    edited February 2010
    --- Mark ---
    edited February 2010
    That would be fine. But that's still a death penalty since you lose the bonus when you die. ;)

No.. It is not. Perhaps you should consult the dictionary.. Bonus and Penalty mean different things. You had your own say and it was counted fairly.. Please do not derail the thread with your opinion on what people say.
    edited February 2010
    drgenocide wrote: »
    --- Mark ---

Just a note.. Strominrootsolver voted yes on 2 different pages (8 and 13)... Best to watch for such things. ;)

Page 8:
    Pro DP.

/10chars

Page 13:
    Yes. I'm pro a reasonable death penalty.

My preference:

Restart of encounter or partial mission in case of dying, no respawn until all group members are dead in party action and restart from encounter / partial mission as well.

Everything else being a motivational optional.
    edited February 2010
    Asakara wrote:
    No.. It is not. Perhaps you should consult the dictionary.. Bonus and Penalty mean different things. You had your own say and it was counted fairly.. Please do not derail the thread with your opinion on what people say.

ROTFL... you guys are so funny. So if you lose a bonus its not a penalty.... ok, I will write that one down. It's not like you get 1$ for every NO you can fake into the statistics, so why even bother? ;)
    edited February 2010
    No, If you want to make the game more of a challenge to stay alive, then give them rewards of some type to stay alive
    edited February 2010
    Scay wrote:
    ROTFL... you guys are so funny. So if you lose a bonus its not a penalty.... ok, I will write that one down. It's not like you get 1$ for every NO you can fake into the statistics, so why even bother? ;)

suit your definitions to your own wishes all you want.

you probably say wow has a dp but don;t count STO's as a DP. because you are intellectually dishonest.
    edited February 2010
    Scay wrote:

Not like you get $100 for every YES you can try to pretend exists.. You also do not think this poll is credible.. So why do you bother?

Again, you had your say and it was fairly counted. You even have your own special poll and thread. Please stop trying to derail this one.
    edited February 2010
    Yes

8_9_10_Canuck :)
    edited February 2010
    OK I figured it out the best DP that they can put into the game is upon death you are transported to the Starfleet Dental Bridge of Doom for 10 minutes, if you can escape you get a 300% health and dmg buff and a personal visit from Deanna Troy!
    edited February 2010
    How about yes we need one
    edited February 2010
    Yes

(but some big changes need to be made to prevent game content based deaths (DSE spawn point camped by 5 groups of NPCs)
    edited February 2010
    No.........
    edited February 2010
    No - it wouldn't work with the game as it is
This discussion has been closed.