edited February 2010
    No
    But the game needs to be harder
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    No........
    edited February 2010
    If there is a death penalty, let it be in the form of increasing the respawn time

Otherwise, I don't want a death penalty I want a more difficult game.
    edited February 2010
    No, ...............................
    edited February 2010
    I vote Yes, otherwise death is meaningless. Come on, even Diablo II has a death penalty.
    Thanks,
    Duncan
    edited February 2010
    Yes.

This poll is pointless though, as it is not even remotely close to an accurate sample.
    edited February 2010
    Soudns to me like the No-DP crowd even have a forum majority, not just a casual player majority. Or very close to it. I think it would be a mistake if Cryptic puts in any death penalty more than merely marginal at worst.

Oh, and I vote NO.
    edited February 2010
    No...............!
    edited February 2010
    Soudns to me like the No-DP crowd even have a forum majority, not just a casual player majority. Or very close to it. I think it would be a mistake if Cryptic puts in any death penalty more than merely marginal at worst.

Rather seems like most people voting dont understand what they are voting on, which was kinda clear from the beginning.

People seem to think that they vote for permanent loss of BO and ship OR no death penalty.
    edited February 2010
    no :rolleyes:

game is clearly not designed to have one
    edited February 2010
    Yup.

Too late now though. The damage is done with the mass of Admirals, garbage economy, and canceled subs for those who want to think in a game.

At this point? I say leave it as is so that it's a ghost town in 5 months tops.

New content will be pushed out as rehashes of the same old stuff, people will blow it away in 2-3 hours and demand more more more at a rate Cryptic can't keep up with. More people will get bored, it will just take another month or two to happen.

Also consider that all or most "Trekkies" that have a decent pc probably have the game already. Don't expect a constant influx of new subs at a rate other MMOs generally get.

Side note: Does anyone feel the "State of Q" mission sums up the game perfectly? Pew pew this ship. Pew pew it again with feeling. Pew pew it again with even MORE feeling. At least the commentary made the mission somewhat enjoyable.
    edited February 2010
    MooseOfWoe wrote: »
    Yup.

Too late now though. The damage is done with the mass of Admirals, garbage economy, and canceled subs for those who want to think in a game.

At this point? I say leave it as is so that it's a ghost town in 5 months tops.

New content will be pushed out as rehashes of the same old stuff, people will blow it away in 2-3 hours and demand more more more at a rate Cryptic can't keep up with. More people will get bored, it will just take another month or two to happen.

Also consider that all or most "Trekkies" that have a decent pc probably have the game already. Don't expect a constant influx of new subs at a rate other MMOs generally get.

Side note: Does anyone feel the "State of Q" mission sums up the game perfectly? Pew pew this ship. Pew pew it again with feeling. Pew pew it again with even MORE feeling. At least the commentary made the mission somewhat enjoyable.

Mass of Admirals? I would have to say that 1% of the people playing being admiral hardly translates into "mass of Admirals". And we have no idea how many people have actually canceled their subs. Going by the forums is not a good way to tell as the minority posts on the forums...not the majority.
    edited February 2010
    Yes.

I want there to be a system to reward survival. But I don't think there should be anything that harsh for death penalties.

Permanent death or any kind of restrictions on a BO after a death will only hold back a groups progression.

Lets imagine if there was some difficult content in the game and you die and lose your BO. Well.. How the heck are you supposed to complete the mission if your best abiltiies are out of commission? Something like that would only make the game unbearable.

Oops my BO died, now I have to grind deep space encounters to get enough skill points cause I'm out of missions! Thats a terrible idea.
    edited February 2010
    Pro DP.

/10chars
    edited February 2010
    Shevara wrote:
    Mass of Admirals? I would have to say that 1% of the people playing being admiral hardly translates into "mass of Admirals".

Have you played STO lately? There are no 1%, there are at least 20-30% Admirals.... dont believe numbers you didnt fake yourself.
    edited February 2010
    no no no no no no no no no
    edited February 2010
    no.
    /10charFail
    edited February 2010
    Scay wrote:
    Rather seems like most people voting dont understand what they are voting on, which was kinda clear from the beginning.

People seem to think that they vote for permanent loss of BO and ship OR no death penalty.

Actually, it looks like people don't want a death penalty.
    Don't try to re-frame the poll just 'cos your side is losing.
    edited February 2010
    Actually, it looks like people don't want a death penalty.
    Don't try to re-frame the poll just 'cos your side is losing.

My side isnt losing, as there will be a harder death penalty soon.

The poll is just useless because it doesnt mention specific DPs.

Normally I would have voted NO as well, cause I am against like 80% of the possible DPs they can implement.

But I am for the remaining 20% of possible DPs, and I am definitely for changing the current DP to something better.
    edited February 2010
    No, or maybe a yes if the penalty like a durablity type of thing. like blow up enough then you have to go back to space dock, same with Kits and it costs credits. that is the only DP i'll accept.
    edited February 2010
    Yes! Absolutely!
    edited February 2010
    Affirmative.
    edited February 2010
    Game is too easy; what's it matter?
    edited February 2010
    I know the poll is not official, but it is also not complete. There are death penalties, and then there are death penalties. I would never EVER support a death penalty like EVE, but I would support a light death penalty (that is also a gold sink) like WoW.

So:

EVE type death penalty... NO WAY!
    WoW style death penalty, that also serves as a gold sink, sure.

The game needs a gold sink :(
    edited February 2010
    No, there are too many ways to get pwned while helpless (dialouge boxes and DSE) or caught by instant win abilities.

Best suggestion I have seen is a reward for not dyeing rather than a time/cred sink.
    edited February 2010
    I am always for a death penalty. No fear of death skews combat strats. I miss the good old days of XP loss on death penalties, or risk of losing items to victorious PvP battles. A nice compromise on that is the way Warhammer made loot tables for PvP battles, so that you could actually loot items off of players in PvP battles, but did not take from the players inventory. that would be awesome.
    edited February 2010
    Yes

Nothing to harsh, but there has to be some insentive to play well. Zerging is for morons.
    edited February 2010
    NO

edited February 2010
    Scay wrote:
    Have you played STO lately? There are no 1%, there are at least 20-30% Admirals.... dont believe numbers you didnt fake yourself.

You should consider believing Craig Zinkievich of Cryptic instead of attacking someone while making up your own bull TRIBBLE numbers (and failing to see the obvious hypocrisy in doing so too). ;)

He said it in this video.. Interview starts at the 19 minute mark. For the 1% Admiral fact, start listening at the 24 minute mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=memtK5ABI8s

Enjoy some truth. :)
This discussion has been closed.