test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (February 12, 2010)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    El Cid wrote:
    Hm, had free time after putting my son to bed at 10pm PST. Now it's down till midnight? Hasta luego. What the hell, I play Klingon.

YAY! FASA TREK!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Saturday, 13, February from 3am PST to 5am PST (11am to 1pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.

UPDATE: At 10:07 STO has unexpectedly gone down. We are working to rectify this as soon as possible.

UPDATE 2: We have decided to push the patch during this unexpected downtime. Maintenance is scheduled to be over at 12am PST (8am GMT)

good to know. lean management at its best..sorta
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    D'oh! just got the game a few hours ago and played for maybe two hours and servers went on strike. Fun game though.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kelvrin wrote:
    Incase you didn't know, Europe is a fairly big continent that has more then just Australia sharing its timezone.

Ummm Man you need to go stust your geography. Australia is 1/2 a world away from the EU.......
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tacks wrote:
    Would have been nice to forewarn us cryptic - anyhow, is it going to be 2 hours from the downtime or will it be till 5am pst???

you can't forwarn an UNEXPECTED crash.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bomyne wrote: »
    If you log out for long enough, I believe you do have to start the mission again.

I was in the middle of a fight but other then that, I don't see a problem with the maintenance.

Well there IS a patch 'reset' of some missions, but thats a small price to pay.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey funny story,

So you know all the people who say we should do rotating maintenance?

Well considering the server is down right now we have decided to do the maintenance while we fix the server.
    So the scheduled up time is 12am PST (8am GMT).

you're joking right?????

wtf stick to the damn schedule.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Are you kidding me?

You think server guys love doing releases at 3 AM? Trust me, if the majority of people were in the E.U., they'd be very happy to do maintenance at a much more reasonable time in PST.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hash420 wrote:
    Yet again you have made a very great way of calling a random crash into a early maintenance... bravo... bravo......

Now I know why everyone is making fun of the "Star Trek Offline" lol

I see their point. If the server CRASHED.. it could take them 1-2 hrs to get it back online. So why not take that time and DO the stuff they had planned to do later on. Killing 2 birds with one stone. The servers will come back up in < 90mins from now with a new patch and mor stability for the weekend.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Bomyne wrote: »
    If you log out for long enough, I believe you do have to start the mission again.

I was in the middle of a fight but other then that, I don't see a problem with the maintenance.

Well you dont let that happen... you need your fix right?!! :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oops, I tripped over the power lines. That was my fault, working on it now. Don't mind me, since the servers are down I am going to deploy the update as well. Now I can head home early.

;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ive only been playing this game for 2 days but having a heck of a lot of fun, anyway just a suggestion you need to mention in the login window if theres scheduled maintenance. Not everyone will check a forum for news !
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Saturday, 13, February from 3am PST to 5am PST (11am to 1pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.

UPDATE: At 10:07 STO has unexpectedly gone down. We are working to rectify this as soon as possible.

UPDATE 2: We have decided to push the patch during this unexpected downtime. Maintenance is scheduled to be over at 12am PST (8am GMT)

I'm irked by this, but am grateful we're just getting the patch over with.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    /facepalm

Now I see why Obama is always apologizing to the rest of the world just because we are American.

WW3 doesn't need to start on a Star Trek forum haha

/nerdrage
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Seriously, lurking in this thread is almost as fun as actually playing the game. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shin0 wrote:
    Oops, I tripped over the power lines. That was my fault, working on it now. Don't mind me, since the servers are down I am going to deploy the update as well. Now I can head home early.

;)

This one has a head on her :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey funny story,

So you know all the people who say we should do rotating maintenance?

Well considering the server is down right now we have decided to do the maintenance while we fix the server.
    So the scheduled up time is 12am PST (8am GMT).

Win/Win :) WTG Cryptic, throw the EU a bone :D lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    CaptainD. wrote:
    Seriously, lurking in this thread is almost as fun as actually playing the game. :D

Oh yeah, watching players tear each other apart and whine about downtime is fun... Since we all got nothing better to do during downtime but staring at our pc hoping it will come back up :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    People need to relax. It's a whole two hours of maint...big deal. I know most here have played WoW - enjoy the 6-8 hour maint? I think not. Go watch a movie or something.

It's downtime, it happens. It's a new game and runs damn good - far better than WoW did at launch. Give the folks at Cryptic some credit already.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Phoxe wrote:

For what it's worth, I love command decisions. It demonstrates a commitment to the product, if not the community.

Worth not being able to play for a few hours on a Friday.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    TallBear wrote:
    OPMg how ignorant. I'm ashamed to be an America with other america who think like this. OMg go back to school and get a decent education and do some world travel while u are at it. You are an embarassment to the USA

Did a little world travel there joker. With the Army. Got me an Edumackateeon too with the army....PhD as a matter of fact. At least i didnt hide behind my mommy when it came time to do the job. So in closing....you are a Pu**y. luv ya.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sternus wrote:
    :D

That was friggin awesome! The Europeans only contribution to the last 100 years is 2 world wars where they firmly got thier a**es kicked. They need to stick to being the losers they are. (oops too far?)

world war facts

/educated

edit : d'oh. darned censors. the asterisks are bull fecal matter.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Naverino wrote: »
    Kinda funny that in the software industry, only within gaming companies (especially of MMOs) is this kinda downtime and constant software failure considered by the/many customers not only as expected, but almost treated as "working as intended" and normal.

Good thing banks, and even government contracted software are held to higher standards than this, else we'd all be screwed.

Well, I should hope you don't consider STO on par with such things as banks and government software, it is, after all, just a game.

The same could be said about anything. McDonald's, for instance, has crappy food. If it were a five star catering company feeding the people at the Oscar's, I should hope they'd have a better standard of excellence, and I doubt anyone would compare their food to McDonald's in order to shame the Big Mac.

It's a game, but it is a product, yes quality is important, and every time something like this happens, they may lose a few customers, though it's better than losing us all when we hit the current level cap and have nothing left to do. More Content -> Patching -> Downtime -> Deal with it :cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well according to my GMT converter the server should be back up in 20 minutes.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    talm wrote: »
    ...your joking right??? government contracts??? lol....the standard is umm...wait, there isn't a standard, it's just lowest bid.

You work in the nhs too?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    /facepalm

Now I see why Obama is always apologizing to the rest of the world just because we are American.

WW3 doesn't need to start on a Star Trek forum haha

/nerdrage

F That

F Them

Fu

F
    F
    F
    F
    F
    F
    F
    F

:mad:

F
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Daikaijin wrote:
    Oh yeah, watching players tear each other apart and whine about downtime is fun... Since we all got nothing better to do during downtime but staring at our pc hoping it will come back up :D

hahahaha sooo very fun :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I just wanna point out that it seems like they take an hour or so to fix the server after a crash anyways... So an extra hour doesn't bother me. I'm glad that they are fixing it NOW rather than wait a few hours and bring it down again. Plus it gives me time to play Mass Effect 2, so no complaints. I can understand why people are angry about this, but relax, its just a game after all. Get some sleep, or sleep in lol. Theres plenty of real world stuff that would make better use of two hours.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So, while we're here... Does anyone else think you level too fast? Also, why are there no good Federation officers in pvp? Every time I go in a zone the Klingons kill us!
This discussion has been closed.