test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (February 12, 2010)

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Saturday, 13, February from 3am PST to 5am PST (11am to 1pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.

UPDATE: At 10:07 STO has unexpectedly gone down. We are working to rectify this as soon as possible.

UPDATE 2: We have decided to push the patch during this unexpected downtime. Maintenance is scheduled to be over at 12am PST (8am GMT)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Notes?

10char
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mavrixx wrote: »
    Notes?

10char

Cuz you think they forgot? :-P They'll do it as soon as they can. They know we like them.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So once again you choose to TRIBBLE over the EU players at the weekend. /golfclap
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zeppouk wrote: »
    So once again you choose to TRIBBLE over the EU players at the weekend. /golfclap

I'ts nothing to do with location and everything to do with numbers. When your concurrent users are higher, maybe they'll consider changing it. It's not rocket science. It's business.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    smackphat wrote: »
    I'ts nothing to do with location and everything to do with numbers. When your concurrent users are higher, maybe they'll consider changing it. It's not rocket science. It's business.

Very true.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yea, and you will surely get a lot of European users when the word of mouth is: "You are screwed, servers are down for patching during prime time". Its not that one sided. I had to arrange a lot of stuff to be able to have some playtime tomorrow which would have been exactly in that window. Thanks for ruining another free weekend day!

Note: I do understand they have to patch a lot in the beginning and all that yaddayadda, it is not my first mmo. But venting helps release the anger.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Isn't that around lunch time anyway? Use it to grab a bite to eat. Talk to the wife/girlfriend/other person. Go outside for an hour or so. 2 hours is hardly a reason to QQ.

Now it really screws over the Eastern US. Get up a little early before anyone to get some playing time in. Oh boo-hoo. What will we do? Boo-hoo. Oh wait... it's no big deal.

Plus it's a patch coming. Hopefully they give us some good stuff so stop the whine.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I bet we are getting Respec feature.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Isn't that around lunch time anyway? Use it to grab a bite to eat. Talk to the wife/girlfriend/other person. Go outside for an hour or so. 2 hours is hardly a reason to QQ.

Now it really screws over the Eastern US. Get up a little early before anyone to get some playing time in. Oh boo-hoo. What will we do? Boo-hoo. Oh wait... it's no big deal.

Plus it's a patch coming. Hopefully they give us some good stuff so stop the whine.

^^ This. All is well people.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    people who have it worst = australia 9:30-11:30pm >_<
    but i deal with it:P patches = goood :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ya know he's right. Im a european player, and prime time is usually more around the 3-10 pm mark on saturdays. The Patch comes at lunch time. *shrug*
    Go eat lunch come back, play all afternoon and night.
    Win!

Thanks Cryptic!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    smackphat wrote: »
    Cuz you think they forgot? :-P They'll do it as soon as they can. They know we like them.

Probably not until the maintenance is over. That seems to be how they usually do it.

I usually repost them on my blog when I find them.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

News flash: the time continues on even after 1pm.

Get over yourself and stop whining everytime they do maintenance. Be glad they dont do like Blizzard and have extended maintenance that lasts for several hours, ruining most of the players time... or SOE with their week-long maintenance. OR, Eve, I hear everytime they apply a new content patch the game crashes and it takes them 24 hours to fix it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aww common again with the patching on a weekend :confused:.
    Please patch mid-week less ppl playing :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I can has TOS/MU skirt fix pleese?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    dimonkey wrote: »
    Aww common again with the patching on a weekend :confused:.
    Please patch mid-week less ppl playing :D

they did and they will patch it again tomorow, deal with it or at least stop whinning
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    stAyErC wrote:
    they did and they will patch it again tomorow, deal with it or at least stop whinning

You call it "Whining" I call it providing my feedback that I believe they should patch during the week rather than weekend - which I believe, last time I checked, I was entitled to do?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    magitek wrote: »
    I can has TOS/MU skirt fix pleese?

Pweeeeeeeeasse? =^_^=
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    dimonkey wrote: »
    You call it "Whining" I call it providing my feedback that I believe they should patch during the week rather than weekend - which I believe, last time I checked, I was entitled to do?

yes ofcourse you are entitled to it, i apologize if i implied otherwise, but now try to look at it this way, they released some new stuff mid-week, and a few new bugs hav arised, if u were the victim of one, what would u rather do:

a)wait till next mid-week to fix
    or
    b)go 2 hours without STO and hav those bugs fixed
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well I was gonna whine but since i'm new to the mmo thing and most people think this is norml I guess it's ok just sucks because I'm useally on at that time.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just be glad its only one day, and not several in a row.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ImaTarget wrote: »
    Yea, and you will surely get a lot of European users when the word of mouth is: "You are screwed, servers are down for patching during prime time". Its not that one sided. I had to arrange a lot of stuff to be able to have some playtime tomorrow which would have been exactly in that window. Thanks for ruining another free weekend day!

Note: I do understand they have to patch a lot in the beginning and all that yaddayadda, it is not my first mmo. But venting helps release the anger.
    11a-1p GMT is Euro primetime?

The only people that have a primetime argument are the Aussies since this is 10p-midnight for them..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Surely better to do it in the midweek tho so as to not mess with EU players weekend
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I bet we are getting Respec feature.

Seems pretty unlikely. The Executive Producer was interviewed a few days ago by Fidgit and said respecs were absolutely coming, but in a 1-2 month timeframe.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't mind the downtime and patch if Cryptic actually fix things instead of just catering to the whingers who ask for mini skirts and complain about the different coloured weapons. Maybe we can get some of the bugged missions actually fixed for a change?

Seems people have screwed up priorities.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    TOS Skirts?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Semtec wrote:
    Surely better to do it in the midweek tho so as to not mess with EU players weekend

They've already stated that regular patching will occur on Thursday night (Friday early afternoon GMT). So I'm a bit surprised about this downtime. Presumably they have a patch which they believe fixes issues important enough to TRIBBLE with people's weekend playtime.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    enra wrote: »
    I don't mind the downtime and patch if Cryptic actually fix things instead of just catering to the whingers who ask for mini skirts and complain about the different coloured weapons. Maybe we can get some of the bugged missions actually fixed for a change?

Seems people have screwed up priorities.

Yes, heaven forbid we ask and expect to get what we paid extra for. I do agree with you about the complainers for the colour hue though.

I just need to hit Commander and I can use tetryon, which is what I had used colourhue for (icey blue). :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nice time for an update on a Saturday, just time for a quick pint and put lotto numbers on and place a bet or two at bookies!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    :D Mini skirts and go-go boots please
This discussion has been closed.