test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (February 12, 2010)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Morel42 wrote:
    The very worse thing they could do right now is say "Oh well since it's down we'll just do the patch and see you tomorrow morning!

We know what would happen.. They know what would happen.. Time will tell.. :)

That would do me quite nicely - then servers should be up all of Saturday night, local time!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Give Cryptic a break, they are doing the best they can, and the GM just said it was an unexpected crash so quit asking.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    YaY! more downtime, think i'll get something to eat
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey funny story,

So you know all the people who say we should do rotating maintenance?

Well considering the server is down right now we have decided to do the maintenance while we fix the server.
    So the scheduled up time is 12am PST (8am GMT).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Another American opinion, "As long as its not affecting me then its great" Neh?

We know for a fact there are more EU players than there are American so keep ****ing us off and
    you will feel the wrath of (no not kahn) but the EU players as they drop off due to:

a. lack of interest in game since
    1. Klingon are not fully done,
    2. The game itself lacks anything worth doing after the first week of hard core playing

b. lack of gametime due to:
    1. crashing in the first weeks(its become better but still crashing)
    2. maintanence is scheduelled around high peak game time on weekend in EU

c. Overall disgust over being treated as a secondary playerclass to amereicans whom have been treated first calss even though they in reality are a minority.

TRIBBLE the europeans. You guys want to dictate when server maintenance occurs? Then start a european game company, backed by european money, with a european development team, a european server and cater to a european audience.

As long as you're playing an American game, paid for by American dollars, on an American server you can STFU.

All you europeans know how to do is whine and ***** and complain about everything. Make your own freakin games then if you don't like it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Capulet wrote: »
    rrrr TOS only skirts :( What about the TNG skirts? Come one Cryptic, don't forget the TNG love

Ohh yea thats right, Troi wore a skirt for a little while.... <heart throbs> :D:p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lol.....I think that it is my fault the server is down. I logged in.... It happens everytime..

LOL And here I thought it was because I just made Captain...

Oh well, getting late anyway, and I have to go to work in the morning. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Space Doc wrote:
    That's odd. I usually start rubberbanding really bad before a crash. I thought everything was working fine.

Agreed, everything was running smoothly for me and then I got disconnected.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Key word here people is UNEXPECTED... I guess that word does not mesh well into the extensive vocabulary of some of you...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Its only Bet... Oh wait a sec.... :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I give up, good night.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey funny story,

Well considering the server is down right now we have decided to do the maintenance while we fix the server.

Yay!!!! Get'R Dun!!! Go team Cryptic!!!! :D:D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey funny story,

AHAHAHAHAHA Friking awesome

I think there was a prayer/chant against this somewhere earlier

See yall tomorrow
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kelvrin wrote:
    Incase you didn't know, Europe is a fairly big continent that has more then just Australia sharing its timezone.

If you're not trolling, that's genius.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Another American opinion, "As long as its not affecting me then its great" Neh?

c. Overall disgust over being treated as a secondary playerclass to amereicans whom have been treated first calss even though they in reality are a minority.

You make it sound like Apartheid... :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Reyluryn wrote:
    If you never have then how can you be so certain? I have played it many times and I don't care for it but it's a darn solid product. Sure people whine and say it isn't but there are more than 10 million people playing it, that's how bad it is.

I played WoW for a month and I thought it was awful. I much enjoyed SWG though. But I liked the housing and how the armor and clothing was set up in SWG so that was a big turn off for me when I played WoW. The player base wasn't as friendly to new players either.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kelvrin wrote:
    Incase you didn't know, Europe is a fairly big continent that has more then just Australia sharing its timezone.

Austria maybe...

Certainly not Oz Mate!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You have no idea how possible that is. I work tech support for hotels and I have 10-15 calls a day where someone unplugged a server/switch/AP/midspan/etc to plug in a vacuum or they plug the !#$@% thing into the UPS in the server room!

I work in a hospital and only last week someone brushed past the main swithes in the server room and knocked the power out :( fortunatly it was a contractor.. just ment we lost all network drives for 30mins while they rebooted. one of these days someone will get round to putting those 2nd PSU's into them. :)

... or learning how to use cable tidy's to sort out the cabling.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Did they start early? It's 1:21 am EST. and I can not connect it says connecting to login server.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kelvrin wrote:

I hate to be the one to say it, but Australia is on the other side of the planet from Europe... no shared timezone there
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Reyluryn wrote:
    If you never have then how can you be so certain? I have played it many times and I don't care for it but it's a darn solid product. Sure people whine and say it isn't but there are more than 10 million people playing it, that's how bad it is.

Wow is great! its just Star Trek is better :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    They did not plan for this crash, but it happened.

A large improvement on last week's near daily crash and overall instability.

Imagine throwing a wrench into the engine of a 747 full of passengers who don't care about the status of the plane, only getting from point A to point B.. That's the first month after open beta...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey funny story,

Oh, how cute. TRIBBLE us out of a few hours of gameplay. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    well the gamma transwarp wasn't working so I couldn't do any of my missions anyhow so as long as thats fixed asap and its all back up I'll be happy! But yeah this game is like crack to me too just curious what happens after admiral lvl 10 I'm lvl 44 right now and just curious
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey funny story,

wow - awesome decision for the Anzacs at least! Also big thanks for posting an update!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey funny story,

thanks for the info

Good to know when I can log in again :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Please let me understand the EU *****en, cause i do not get it. Even Eve a EU game goes down daily from 11 to noon GMT. Yet u ***** that crypit picks about the same time. Fact one and only fact that matters Eve like STO in 65% North America player base period. You do not like that fine then move ur TRIBBLE to new zealand.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well if Cryptic's decided to use this crash as a chance to start maintenance to get it over with I won't complain. I'm gonna go to sleep :P
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey funny story,

Thanks for the update Indigo. Y'all have gotten a lot better about keeping us informed lately- it makes the downtime far less frustrating.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Saturday, 13, February from 3am PST to 5am PST (11am to 1pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.

UPDATE: At 10:07 STO has unexpectedly gone down. We are working to rectify this as soon as possible.

UPDATE 2: We have decided to push the patch during this unexpected downtime. Maintenance is scheduled to be over at 12am PST (8am GMT)

Here is all the info from the front page!!
This discussion has been closed.