test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (February 12, 2010)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Come on cryptic you made STO I know you know the temporal prime directive I know you can tell time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    NT, thanks.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey funny story,

So you know all the people who say we should do rotating maintenance?

Well considering the server is down right now we have decided to do the maintenance while we fix the server.
    So the scheduled up time is 12am PST (8am GMT).

That's just too awesome LOL.

Incoming QQ from EU in

3... 2... 1...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kelvrin wrote:
    Incase you didn't know, Europe is a fairly big continent that has more then just Australia sharing its timezone.

If geography serves me correctly Aussies have the same time zone as Asian countries? Europe is a bit further East as it were. :cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ilarcek wrote:
    TRIBBLE the europeans. You guys want to dictate when server maintenance occurs? Then start a european game company, backed by european money, with a european development team, a european server and cater to a european audience.

As long as you're playing an American game, paid for by American dollars, on an American server you can STFU.

All you europeans know how to do is whine and ***** and complain about everything. Make your own freakin games then if you don't like it.

Epic Fail :mad:

10 Char
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So you dropped the servers down 5 hours ahead of schedual why? Slowly losing interest in this game!:eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Never fails, server crashes always happen when you're almost through with a particularly hard mission. Then when it comes back up, you have to do it all over again.

Tell you what, this TRIBBLE BETTER be figured out within the first month. If Cryptic thinks I'm paying $15 a month for servers that can't handle the load, they got another thing coming.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey funny story,

Well considering the server is down right now we have decided to do the maintenance while we fix the server.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope you are joking.

BTW could you guys make a 'server status' main forum entry instead of just a sticky in a sub forum?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Naverino wrote: »
    It would have been nice for this information to be posted somewhere in plain sight, not buried 16 pages into a thread.

No, keep it here. This way people may continue to whine!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Saturday, 13, February from 3am PST to 5am PST (11am to 1pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.

UPDATE: At 10:07 STO has unexpectedly gone down. We are working to rectify this as soon as possible.

UPDATE 2: We have decided to push the patch during this unexpected downtime. Maintenance is scheduled to be over at 12am PST (8am GMT)

This is not a bad idea. Don't like the crash, but moving up the patch isn't so terrible. I'll sleep and play in the morning. BZ for being flexible Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh, how cute. TRIBBLE us out of a few hours of gameplay. Thanks.

So you would rather them leave the problems in the game instead of taking this time to fix them? Not a smart idea bro.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    At least we get the patch!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    BFBCAcid wrote: »
    Did they start early? It's 1:21 am EST. and I can not connect it says connecting to login server.

Same, logged on to get booted and then server down message. Their maintenance schedule says nothing about this time slot. By my reckoning it should be happening about 10pm here on Aus east coast.

Dont worry, found the answer. OK, gone down and they decided to move patch to the unexpected crash. Hope these crashes arent to often unexpected.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey funny story,

Whoop whoop! Yay! Go go complaining Europeans, United kingdom (I know UK is technically in EU but it just sounds right mentioning them also) and a few South Africans....

Thanks Cryptic! Now add a sort button to the exchange darn-it!! lol :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey funny story,

lol good idea....and i gotta say the way you said it, its dam funny :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    O.H.Perry wrote:
    Never fails, server crashes always happen when you're almost through with a particularly hard mission. Then when it comes back up, you have to do it all over again.

Tell you what, this TRIBBLE BETTER be figured out within the first month. If Cryptic thinks I'm paying $15 a month for servers that can't handle the load, they got another thing coming.

You do not have to start your mission all over again, just the final fight or last save point. Do you even play STO? What rank are you soldier?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Reyluryn wrote:
    If you never have then how can you be so certain? I have played it many times and I don't care for it but it's a darn solid product. Sure people whine and say it isn't but there are more than 10 million people playing it, that's how bad it is.

Cause its not pretty enough. I want vast horizons in the background, stimulating scenery, detailed graphics, and exotic armor to wear. I came over from AoC, so I prefer blood splatter fatalities and mature content.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is a nice way to try and save face but I honestly believe that someone screwed the pooch and made a mistake by pulling the servers offline early. :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    At least I have time for a smoke break... or 2... or 10...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Probably a crash, expect them to post something here soon

You know, it'd be really nice if when this happens close to a planned DT they'd just apply the patch then and there.

Might not be technically feasible, since a crash leaves eveything in a different state than a proper shutdown maybe. Idunno. But it'd be nice.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Saturday, 13, February from 3am PST to 5am PST (11am to 1pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.

UPDATE: At 10:07 STO has unexpectedly gone down. We are working to rectify this as soon as possible.

UPDATE 2: We have decided to push the patch during this unexpected downtime. Maintenance is scheduled to be over at 12am PST (8am GMT)

Awesome thanks.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    dclare81 wrote: »
    well the gamma transwarp wasn't working so I couldn't do any of my missions anyhow so as long as thats fixed asap and its all back up I'll be happy! But yeah this game is like crack to me too just curious what happens after admiral lvl 10 I'm lvl 44 right now and just curious

After your reach Admiral? The game crashes.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    looking on the bright side they shaved 30mins off the expected time with the server crashing :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As an IT professional I have done maintenance many times due to crashes :rolleyes:.... Glad its ahead of schedule see you all Saturday afternoon...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    O.H.Perry wrote:

Dude, its the first two weeks. I work in the industry, when you throw real, HUGE load against clusters of servers, it often has issues. Actually, I've been somewhat impressed at how it's/they're handing it so far.

I used to work for eBay/paypal and you'd be suprised at the stuff that actually breaks under enormous loads.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think we should all get a free month just for putting up with this stuff. I feel like i'm paying to play a BETA!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ilarcek wrote:
    TRIBBLE the europeans. You guys want to dictate when server maintenance occurs? Then start a european game company, backed by european money, with a european development team, a european server and cater to a european audience.

As long as you're playing an American game, paid for by American dollars, on an American server you can STFU.

All you europeans know how to do is whine and ***** and complain about everything. Make your own freakin games then if you don't like it.

Actually EVE-Online is out of Iceland but I think servers are in London. There scheduled downtime every day is for 1 hour. That downtime is sometime in the afternoon which on a Saturday / Sunday is part of EU peak hours. So even EU programming companies have DT while it is still very early morning in america.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Originally Posted by Kelvrin
    Incase you didn't know, Europe is a fairly big continent that has more then just Australia sharing its timezone.
    If you're not trolling, that's genius.

I think it's option C..meant it because he actually believed it's true...scary huh?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    BoomerZero wrote: »
    Key word here people is UNEXPECTED... I guess that word does not mesh well into the extensive vocabulary of some of you...

oh trust me it is in my vocabulary but in mine unexpected, surprise and accidental generaly mean some on ends up dead, server down and it is currently 0929 am, gmt +3 some where in the sands of iraq
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Maybe if you used a hamster on steroids this game would last longer.

If fact better yet, why not a Space Hamster!! I think Bioware has a Space Hamster, named "BOO!". Maybe you could lease him, or buy him, or somethin. But remember, he is the only Space Hamster out there, so ya gotta treat him right.

I am just thinking of all the dead hamsters that have died in our wake. Magnificient!! ... or would that be .. fascinating?
This discussion has been closed.