test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (February 12, 2010)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yeah well I think your timing is off because the server is down already.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Some one needs a new watch....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OH SNAPS!

The game just crashed. We are on it and getting it back up as soon as possible.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey guys, I found some patch notes!

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/1120

Now I am going to have to request that we avoid the topic of nationalities and numbers. Explaining your frustrations about not being able to play is allowed, you gotta vent somewhere, but you have to understand that we are not malicious in our decision to bring the servers down at this time.

Also, think about our poor netops guys. They don't like being here at 3am. They want to be sleeping, but they sacrifice so much because they <3 you guys (and gals).

Skirts =D
    Also I am a bit confused. Did we pull the servers down early or is it a crash? I don't mind either just going through a kidney stone so I can only play when I am not doubled over in pain lol.

But I do like the patch notes. It is awesome to see so many of our concerns being addressed. Keep the updates and patches coming. Just you know, not every night, you guys need to sleep and spend time with the family some time lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    12AM CST... this is not 3AM PST... Someone at Cryptic needs to buy a new watch. That little plastic watch toy from the happy meal isn't a reliable watch buddy... try again? Right in the middle of Guardian of Forever mission too... jackalopes.

I eat my words. Thanks for the quick reply GM...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Looks like I get to redo the station infiltration in teh Vendor system... yay for staring at Admiral Zalle's butt some more! Why the hell doesnt she fight herself? Its really annoying.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    NinJarate wrote:
    unexpected crash?

maybe. and they decided in stead of rebooting the server just do the maintenance and patch at the same time?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    :eek:HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmm are u kidding me just when I got promoted to COMMANDER and about to get my NEW SHIP u bring it down aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh and NO WARNING AT :confused::mad::(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OH SNAPS!

Best Post Evar!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OH SNAPS!

haha,

growing pains i guess...

GL
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aisling wrote:
    Looks like I get to redo the station infiltration in teh Vendor system... yay for staring at Admiral Zalle's butt some more! Why the hell doesnt she fight herself? Its really annoying.

at the end of the mission you'll find out lol it's an irony oh the joys lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dropped out of a mission with no notice... gee, that's nice...

Hmm, and look at those patch notes, still haven't fixed the broken missions that have been broken since beta. I could care less about costumes, I want to be able to play the game I've paid for. I'm beginning to regret going ahead and signing up for an extended subscription. Maybe I should have waited for a few months until they were actually done making a game.

And why is scheduled downtime on the weekends? I've been on during the week and the place is a ghost town late at night/early in the morning (EST).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Server crashed. No message here yet to say they know it. Kinda sad that.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Jizzak wrote:
    The patch times are great Cryptic. Kepp them right where they are.

If these guys keep b*tching about the patch times it's gonna get changed.

Another American opinion, "As long as its not affecting me then its great" Neh?

We know for a fact there are more EU players than there are American so keep ****ing us off and
    you will feel the wrath of (no not kahn) but the EU players as they drop off due to:

a. lack of interest in game since
    1. Klingon are not fully done,
    2. The game itself lacks anything worth doing after the first week of hard core playing

b. lack of gametime due to:
    1. crashing in the first weeks(its become better but still crashing)
    2. maintanence is scheduelled around high peak game time on weekend in EU

c. Overall disgust over being treated as a secondary playerclass to amereicans whom have been treated first calss even though they in reality are a minority.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I would add to the pile of people complaining about the servers going down for scheduled maintenance about 5 hours early, but it seems those types of comments have already been made.

Since the servers are down, and its not scheduled, everyone should just open a ticket if they cannot connect. It must be a bug right?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rick_V wrote: »
    :eek:HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmm are u kidding me just when I got promoted to COMMANDER and about to get my NEW SHIP u bring it down aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh and NO WARNING AT :confused::mad::(

its.. broken not Undergoing Maintenance at the moment.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Since when is 11am to 1pm GMT "prime time"? It's be far worse if it was later in the day/evening. (Well - not tomorrow, cos I'll be offline watching the rugby. But in general... )

whose playing?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    They love you guys over there too much to bring servers down and inconvenience your play time, so this must ba a crash.. simple.

Quit whinging and have a tatse of we get here all the time with patching during our peak.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OH SNAPS!

Yous funny!! No really you musta been a comedian in you past life. :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kineel wrote:
    Server crashed. No message here yet to say they know it. Kinda sad that.

try reading the page prior to posting next time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Finally got on with my Bro who can only play at night, just started a mission, an poof, down again. Well at least it has been way more stable than in Beta... :o
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hmm, wonder if they'll fix the MU uniforms for females?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OH SNAPS!

Thanks, Indigo
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rick_V wrote: »

Agreed, they should give us at least a 15 minute warning before the server unexpectedly crashes. Makes perfect sense.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ya, interesting that their status says undergoing maintenance. Since it isn't scheduled for nearly 5 hours, and there was no other announcements.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    :mad::mad::mad::
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Saturday, 13, February from 3am PST to 5am PST (11am to 1pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.

UPDATE: At 10:07 STO has unexpectedly gone down. We are working to rectify this as soon as possible.

For one thing It's not 3am PST. So why are you doing the maintenance now?:confused:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    zzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Saturday, 13, February from 3am PST to 5am PST (11am to 1pm GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.

UPDATE: At 10:07 STO has unexpectedly gone down. We are working to rectify this as soon as possible.

I underlined the part that pretty much says it all.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Funny this schedualled maintanence, every time they do the servers for some onscure reason start to
    encounter more and more crashing and login servers down....

Perhaps someone is trying to sneak in maintanence while we are playing and it got ****** up thus bringing the servers down...

Either way I find it perculiar :)
This discussion has been closed.