test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (February 12, 2010)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    OH SNAPS!

The game just crashed. We are on it and getting it back up as soon as possible.

Okay I gotta admit I lol'd when I read this. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What the frak

Its 1am est

where not sched for down time till another 5 hrs from now

WHAT the F
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kineel wrote:
    Server crashed. No message here yet to say they know it. Kinda sad that.

if u look on the webbie it says under maintanance, but that could just mean crashed, or the cleaner unplugged something so she could put the vacum in. up 2 you to decide. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    fraggles wrote: »
    For one thing It's not 3am PST. So why are you doing the maintenance now?:confused:

Fraggles your avatar is so awsome, two thumbs :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't mind the 5 hour early DT...as long as they hopefully are implementing a sort function for the exchange...I HOPE!!! Hint, hint!!!

If not...why is that taking so loong? It should be easy! Please...for the love of all that is good and pure, add a sort function to the exchange!!! :p

Awesome game by the way! Whoop whoop!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    fraggles wrote: »
    For one thing It's not 3am PST. So why are you doing the maintenance now?:confused:

Not all maintenance is planned, genius.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aisling wrote:
    Looks like I get to redo the station infiltration in teh Vendor system... yay for staring at Admiral Zalle's butt some more! Why the hell doesnt she fight herself? Its really annoying.

i did that mission yesterday. I know what you mean and she is always in the way. but without relieving too much you'll find out why she is not fighting at the end of the mission
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Another American opinion, "As long as its not affecting me then its great" Neh?

We know for a fact there are more EU players than there are American so keep ****ing us off and
    you will feel the wrath of (no not kahn) but the EU players as they drop off due to:

a. lack of interest in game since
    1. Klingon are not fully done,
    2. The game itself lacks anything worth doing after the first week of hard core playing

b. lack of gametime due to:
    1. crashing in the first weeks(its become better but still crashing)
    2. maintanence is scheduelled around high peak game time on weekend in EU

c. Overall disgust over being treated as a secondary playerclass to amereicans whom have been treated first calss even though they in reality are a minority.

You do? Show me these facts. I want to see hard statistics somewhere. Theyve said before Klingon stuff will be added when its finished. If you whiners would learn to read, you would know this. I guess though, that its just easier to smear and malign.

Noon is not a high peak time in the EU.

Stop pulling BS out of your TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lol.....I think that it is my fault the server is down. I logged in.... It happens everytime..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A.........................
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    KazDP wrote:
    I underlined the part that pretty much says it all.

The very worse thing they could do right now is say "Oh well since it's down we'll just do the patch and see you tomorrow morning!

We know what would happen.. They know what would happen.. Time will tell.. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    muppetland wrote:
    The patch times will keep getting *****ed about when they are done at weekends and in the middle of the day for alot of players.

For those that keep trying to compare wow patch times, there is EU servers where the patch times are done in the middle of the night and in the middle of the week.

Hopefully this is not what will be the norm for their patch times and will only be post release panic to get stuff fixed.

INever played WOW, never will. I'd rather go to work than play WOW.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Jensia wrote:
    if u look on the webbie it says under maintanance, but that could just mean crashed, or the cleaner unplugged something so she could put the vacum in. up 2 you to decide. :)

You have no idea how possible that is. I work tech support for hotels and I have 10-15 calls a day where someone unplugged a server/switch/AP/midspan/etc to plug in a vacuum or they plug the !#$@% thing into the UPS in the server room!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ImaTarget wrote: »
    Yea, and you will surely get a lot of European users when the word of mouth is: "You are screwed, servers are down for patching during prime time". Its not that one sided. I had to arrange a lot of stuff to be able to have some playtime tomorrow which would have been exactly in that window. Thanks for ruining another free weekend day!

Note: I do understand they have to patch a lot in the beginning and all that yaddayadda, it is not my first mmo. But venting helps release the anger.

lol like STO is getting people by word of mouth here? I couldn't even give my 10 day keys away. I ended up giving them to the guys at Gamestop in hopes maybe they would discover the game isn't as bad as they've been telling people. It didn't work out. By day 3 or 4 they both quit playing it and said they would never try it again.

Hey I tried.

On the upside I never need more than 4 other people to do anything I can currently do. Hmm except Station 24. Maybe 9 others if I want to pvp.

I'm sort of teasing but it is true the games not getting alot of love from allot of people anywhere so don't feel to bad about being in Europe.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Romabeo wrote:
    Skirts =D
    Also I am a bit confused. Did we pull the servers down early or is it a crash? I don't mind either just going through a kidney stone so I can only play when I am not doubled over in pain lol.

But I do like the patch notes. It is awesome to see so many of our concerns being addressed. Keep the updates and patches coming. Just you know, not every night, you guys need to sleep and spend time with the family some time lol

rrrr TOS only skirts :( What about the TNG skirts? Come one Cryptic, don't forget the TNG love
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Halp Plox!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OH SNAPS!

The game just crashed. We are on it and getting it back up as soon as possible.

You'll notice IndigoFyre that you didn't copy and paste the standard-issue boilerplate PR speech (mark I) and the world didn't end. Yes, I know your PR people told you it would. But we all know they're full of $^%# right?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    At least I was witness to a magnificent boom of a klingon BS. So vived. :D /kill klingons

While the server went poooooooo.......:(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ok guys you said that the server would be going down at 3am - 5am pst and it now 10:16pm pst and my time zone it is 12:16pm CT if you are going too change then you need too say so or at least inform us in game and not just kick us out.. i would call this bad customer service which will gave you and the game a bad reg and will make member leave the game just like camps

Full time real life trekie
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Always in the middle of a mission
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    booo!!! I want to play.. You make a game that is like crack for me and then it crashes! That isn't fair..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Its NOT Maint....thats just the default when the server crashes....stop being a stupe!~
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lol.....I think that it is my fault the server is down. I logged in.... It happens everytime..

Nah, it isn't just you. People trying to play the game is the #1 unaddressed bug in STO.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That's odd. I usually start rubberbanding really bad before a crash. I thought everything was working fine.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i did that mission yesterday. I know what you mean and she is always in the way. but without relieving too much you'll find out why she is not fighting at the end of the mission

Yeah, they will miss staring at her butt by the end. She was much cuter.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Funny this schedualled maintanence, every time they do the servers for some onscure reason start to
    encounter more and more crashing and login servers down....

Perhaps someone is trying to sneak in maintanence while we are playing and it got ****** up thus bringing the servers down...

Either way I find it perculiar :)

Why make up a theory you really don't know anything about?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Tatanka wrote: »
    11a-1p GMT is Euro primetime?

The only people that have a primetime argument are the Aussies since this is 10p-midnight for them..

Incase you didn't know, Europe is a fairly big continent that has more then just Australia sharing its timezone.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Jizzak wrote:
    INever played WOW, never will. I'd rather go to work than play WOW.

If you never have then how can you be so certain? I have played it many times and I don't care for it but it's a darn solid product. Sure people whine and say it isn't but there are more than 10 million people playing it, that's how bad it is.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Does anyone know WHY??? the game keeps crashing? It's not the scheduled maintenance time, what gives? Do I get a time credit to my account for all this unscheduled downtime??? This is a nightly occurance, someone at cryptic please fix these server crashes!!!

s32nd radf Phunsean
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You have no idea how possible that is. I work tech support for hotels and I have 10-15 calls a day where someone unplugged a server/switch/AP/midspan/etc to plug in a vacuum or they plug the !#$@% thing into the UPS in the server room!

Yeah, or when they unplug the whole UPS and try to use the 220V outlet and fail to plug it back when they decide they can't use it after all and your beeper is blowing up at 4am :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.