Options

Missing Uniform Options

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    jscott991 wrote: »
    The top for women is also missing.

TOS female uniforms have a different top than TOS male uniforms. I'm shocked that more people aren't talking about this aspect.

What a shoddy promotion. I really shouldn't have purchased the game.

There were some women in TOS that wore the same design as the men (which might explain why the women also have TOS style trousers as an option). The skirt should have a different design of top to go with it, which has been mentioned before, but until the miniskirts are in we won't know whether it is missing or not.

The top current is there to go with the trousers. I'm sure they looked at reference and Uhura's asymmetric neckline is hard to overlook.

A week since the game began, and I still have not been able to start my main character (the TOS costume is actually part of her backstory - she is from that era thanks to Borg time-travel shenanigans). I'm tiring of levelling an alt. Hopefully they will get it right soon.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Guardsmen wrote:
    There were some women in TOS that wore the same design as the men (which might explain why the women also have TOS style trousers as an option). The skirt should have a different design of top to go with it, which has been mentioned before, but until the miniskirts are in we won't know whether it is missing or not.

The top current is there to go with the trousers. I'm sure they looked at reference and Uhura's asymmetric neckline is hard to overlook.

A week since the game began, and I still have not been able to start my main character (the TOS costume is actually part of her backstory - she is from that era thanks to Borg time-travel shenanigans). I'm tiring of levelling an alt. Hopefully they will get it right soon.

my alt isn't from the past but her parents spent years restoring a old Connie that was decommisioned before being pulled back into service and it's werid she can't wear the uniforms in the foot locker so carilign preserved and kept up to date...yeah she's flying a refit museame piece.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    (Reposted from that other costume thread)

Would love to see OTHER TOS insignia's to choose from. Currently, we get Enterprise and standard new Star Fleet insignia's. As you recall, in TOS time frame, every Star Ship had their own unique insignia. Now I am not asking for EVERY ship insignia, but atleast let us choose from a pool of say four or five, so we are not all Enterprise.

http://www.st-spike.org/pages/uniforms/2265-2270/insignia.htm

Also, would love to see a Captain's casual tunic (the wrap around one)

Also, my request for a CORRECT female uniform, not just a MALE top with a skirt, that won't work.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    JackShadow wrote: »
    TRIBBLE are the devil's playthings...

literally.

:D

Now, that just makes me feel evil. :cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Any plans to fix the WoK uniform so players can have the front flap open like the movies and on NPCs?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Any plans to fix the WoK uniform so players can have the front flap open like the movies and on NPCs?

Like this NPC in the Treasure Trading Station?

Open Jacket

Coming soon to the Cryptic Store perhaps? LOL It is still the Admiral's design as it has the ridges on the sleeves, which the regular jackets lacked. I'm more interested in them getting the costumes we are supposed to have already to show up and work properly.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Plz fix:

Plz increase the options for female characters on the klingon empire side... I only get: 1 top, 1 pair of pants and 1 pair of boots.... that is waaaay too little, give us a fair amount to choose between plz....... :(

A greater selection of female boots for both sides plz, atleast add a few that are a bit more feminine.

Plz add:

Catsuits ala T'Pol's and Troi's would be a great addition too for the game.

A few hairband option ala the vulcan ltd. from "Undiscovered country"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Can we please get eyewear for all species too. In particular, the Visor 01 (Laforge style) for the Joined Trill. I need, yes i say need, the visor for main toon the Joined Trill. Also, I can't wait until the Bridge officers get a fix to wear the special costumes.

NEW IDEA?: It would be really really great if there was also an option somewhere for all other ship personal uniform customization. As of right now, obviously, we can only see our other crewman when we visit our bridge, but they are always wearing random uniforms. I think it would be great, since, tentatively at some time we will see interiors for our entire ship, that we get some sort of option for a ship uniform style if we choose. It could be an option in the ship customization or maybe the tailor like this:

U.S.S. Generic ShipName Whole Crew uniform: Set the following uniforms for all members of the crew of your ship.
    Tactical/command officers: Uniform style:
    Science/Medical officers: Uniform Style:
    Engineering/Ops officers: Uniform Style:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Err, why dont you just change the Uniform of your Officers at the starbase? I never ever seen a member of my other crew till now. Not even on my bridge.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Err, why dont you just change the Uniform of your Officers at the starbase? I never ever seen a member of my other crew till now. Not even on my bridge.

even with 4 BOs in OB when i went to my bridge their were a couple randoms manning stations, don't know why you don't see the same thing. And then theirs the generic "security" team members.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Add era uniforms for the klingon side like there is on the fed side - possible suggestions: TOR, TNG, DS9 and ENT.

Excellent outfit addtions for klingons in all those series.

In Enterprise there are several examples of male and female outfits for the Orions.

In TNG and DS9 several different outfits for Nausicans are shown.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    warpface wrote: »
    Plz fix:

Plz increase the options for female characters on the klingon empire side... I only get: 1 top, 1 pair of pants and 1 pair of boots.... that is waaaay too little, give us a fair amount to choose between plz....... :(

A greater selection of female boots for both sides plz, atleast add a few that are a bit more feminine.

Plz add:

Catsuits ala T'Pol's and Troi's would be a great addition too for the game.

It's hilarious, they can't get miniskirts and belly shirts right Fed side but what Klingon females have to take barely even qualifies as a corset.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    warpface wrote: »

This, Please.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The skirts that everyone is talking about for the TNG were actually "Dress Uniforms" for special occasions/ ceremonys. Hopefully this will be added later on as a micro trans. Cant wait for the TOS skirts! Female gloves would make sense as well!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ender2183 wrote: »
    The skirts that everyone is talking about for the TNG were actually "Dress Uniforms" for special occasions/ ceremonys. Hopefully this will be added later on as a micro trans. Cant wait for the TOS skirts! Female gloves would make sense as well!

Actually that's not entirely true. The first season uniforms from TNG actually did have a skirt. You can see them being worn by several background characters, and I think Troi is wearing it in a flashback scene that occurs during Farpoint in the series finale.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Can I just get my mini skirt for my Vulcan that was raised by Joined Trill and his lover after liberating a Dominon occupied Batazed. For she does need it. 0.o
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    She is also wearing it all throughout Encounter at Farpoint.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aris wrote:
    She is also wearing it all throughout Encounter at Farpoint.

There you go, lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ender2183 wrote: »

As has been pointed out, the TNG unisex skirt-y thing is not what you're referring to.

However, I would also like the dress uniform robes to be available at some point too.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am just going to assume that we still have not recived an updste on the issue of ToS uniforms worn by BoFFs

But I still feel the need to ask.......Hey Brick wall.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well i can seem to wear all uniforms except the wrath of kahn one.... Grrr...

but i cannot equip any of my Bridge officers with any of the special uniforms... just goes back to default when i try... quite annoying, hope its fixed soon. then we can make it so and engage. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Someone earlier in the post was complaining that the WoK uniform doesn't have a Rank option. The actual description is "Wrath of Khan Admiral's Uniform." I wanted to point out that because the uniform has a rank on the shoulder already. To be honest, i think the rank emblem on the shoulder is actually a Captains emblem, not an Admirals, but whatever.

I am glad I am not he only one who noticed that the pants couldn't be made black. It really is frustrating.

Another uniform thing I noticed was that my Lifetime Sub Borg ears where available on all of my BO's, even when they where not borg.

To everybody who is FREAKING OUT about these little issues: Calm down. Seriously. it is frustrating yes, but it will get fixed eventually.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sqwibbs wrote: »

Another uniform thing I noticed was that my Lifetime Sub Borg ears where available on all of my BO's, even when they where not borg.

Actually, the Borg ears are available for me too, and I don't have the Lifetime. I think for some reason those are open for everybody.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Actually, the Borg ears are available for me too, and I don't have the Lifetime. I think for some reason those are open for everybody.

That is interesting. I'm sure they will be able to fix that easily. It is probably just a flag in the record.

BTW, here is a picture of the of the WoK uniforms with emblems. Admiral Kirk has an admirals cross (which kinda looks like a gold Iron cross) and Captain Spock has the captains emblem (which is what we have in the game).
    http://services.tos.net/pics/st2/st2-crew.jpg

I bet the asset designer actually used a picture of Captain Kirk from Undiscovered Country to model the in-game asset.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    here is a slightly better picture. It is surprisingly hard to find good shots:
    http://trekcore.com/specials/rare/ksm_twok.jpg

P.S. this is probably the nerdiest thing i have done in a very very long time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I alwasy wondered why I had teh borg ears texture...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kind of annoying that I cannot change anything in the tailor for my main character, cannot change to the Wrath of Khan uniform, TOS uniform or anything new from release day.

Also cannot change the pip from Ensign to anything but none. No Chief, nor Lieutenant (any level).

I thought I was able to change into the TOS/Wrath of Khan top earlier on my main, but cannot now.

Hope they fix it soon :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    StarTuxia wrote: »
    Kind of annoying that I cannot change anything in the tailor for my main character, cannot change to the Wrath of Khan uniform, TOS uniform or anything new from release day.

Also cannot change the pip from Ensign to anything but none. No Chief, nor Lieutenant (any level).

I thought I was able to change into the TOS/Wrath of Khan top earlier on my main, but cannot now.

Hope they fix it soon :D

You should submit a ticket to a GM. These should work if you have them on your account.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Woot, fix my boff's mini skirts! Captain detests pants.

Is there any word on a setting to disable the body armor showing? I want my crew in all TOS clothes.
This discussion has been closed.