What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing Uniform Options

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thats a little harsh. I dont think they are being very professional with the premium and preorder items being screwed up like this; that should have been taken care of in beta, or could have been caught in headstart. To say though, they are buggering the game is a bit extreme.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I was waiting for the TOS uniforms before starting to play for real, but the way they are handling this has shown me it will not be worth waiting for since it may take weeks if not longer. I like to have a "fixed" look throughout the game for my captain and bridge officers, so I will just make a new alt once they finally get around to giving us what they should have given at the beginning of the head start a week ago. (yes I know they told us we wouldn't get it in the head start, just pointing out how stupid I considered that decision)

Ah well, I should be used to this kind of practice by now in the mmo industry.

Soon™: anywhere between now and the end of time
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Grumbleton wrote:
    I
    Ah well, I should be used to this kind of practice by now in the mmo industry.

And yet some how this has become acceptable......its disgraceful
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Its the "abusive boyfriend syndrome." You know you should leave the tool, but you cant help yourself because you love him and you just know he will change if you just stick it out.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aisling wrote:
    Its the "abusive boyfriend syndrome." You know you should leave the tool, but you cant help yourself because you love him and you just know he will change if you just stick it out.

LOL! Good analogy, Aisling.

We've all been there before.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Grumbleton wrote:
    I
    Soon™: anywhere between now and the end of time

Well, as we all know time will end on the 21st December in the year 2012. So it isnt too much waiting for us at last.:D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well, as we all know time will end on the 21st December in the year 2012. So it isnt too much waiting for us at last.:D

hehehe... thankfully we wont have to wait any longer. Come on 2012! :D:p:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aisling wrote:

This has such a ring of truth to it
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm guessing at the last minute they realized there was some terrible graphical error when running/tumbling/jumping and had to start from scratch.

It would have to be something like that.... because if they simply had to make the skirts available it would be a simple job.

I'm guessing they had to start from scratch on it... its only way i can understand it not being ready yet.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm guessing at the last minute they realized there was some terrible graphical error when running/tumbling/jumping and had to start from scratch.

It would have to be something like that.... because if they simply had to make the skirts available it would be a simple job.

I'm guessing they had to start from scratch on it... its only way i can understand it not being ready yet.

Im with you on that... considering I saw screenies of the skirts and stuff, its hard to imagine that they are so incompetent that they cant enable something. >.>

I just hope they get in soon (as in the next few days not the devspeak soon), Im getting tired of waiting... *sigh*
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No glove or claw hand options for females

Borg player - If you use the Infected skin, the hands have no infected option (but ears do)

Once mini-skirts are fixed - hopefully there will be the borg skin for legs too or it will look very jarring

Not sure this goes here but - missing females totally for half the klingon faction races.

Um... I'm a girl and all my characters are too... I guess I feel like I should be able to be a female Gorn if I want to - thanks
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think gorn being all males is because the females are stay-at-home and Nausicaan... Im not sure about them. Perhaps they are all cloned or asexual or something.

Ive been wondering about that too... why only males for those two? I think a female Nausicaan pirate would be pretty cool. Gorn females would be kinda weird though.

Wonder if you can do alien Nausicaans and make them female.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not sure this goes here but - missing females totally for half the klingon faction races.

Um... I'm a girl and all my characters are too... I guess I feel like I should be able to be a female Gorn if I want to - thanks

I have nothing against the idea of female Gorns being in this game. But if they do create them they'll probably make them just like the female Saurians and give them obvious "upper chest features" that a reptilian humanoid probably shouldn't have. The idea of a reptile with TRIBBLE is just silly to me for all sorts of reasons. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lothic wrote: »
    I have nothing against the idea of female Gorns being in this game. But if they do create them they'll probably make them just like the female Saurians and give them obvious "upper chest features" that a reptilian humanoid probably shouldn't have. The idea of a reptile with TRIBBLE is just silly to me for all sorts of reasons. ;)

True, they probably will add TRIBBLE and I agree that doesn't fit on all the races - heck the females probably should be larger than the males in some species too...

But NO females at all - bothers me a lot more than reptile TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    True, they probably will add TRIBBLE and I agree that doesn't fit on all the races - heck the females probably should be larger than the males in some species too...

But NO females at all - bothers me a lot more than reptile TRIBBLE.

Yeah I agree I'd rather have them as an option even if they had to be physically "mammalized" like that.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I was amused by the Saurians having TRIBBLE the first time I saw them too. If they have to have TRIBBLE, then I think that the boob slider should be disabled and they have a-cups...

of course its quite possible that the Gorn could be played as female... make them somewhat smaller than the males, even though reptile males are smaller than females I think.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gorn-TRIBBLE.

*shudders*

:D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    JackShadow wrote: »
    Gorn-TRIBBLE.

*shudders*

You know what would be disturbing? If the gorn females turned out to be those attack saurs. :eek::eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aisling wrote:
    You know what would be disturbing? If the gorn females turned out to be those attack saurs. :eek::eek:

Now THAT would be disturbing. All the bad jokes about keeping them on a short leash and all aside...

eek!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aisling wrote:

Thank you for that. best laugh today :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Glad I could be of service. hehe
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    Hi everyone,

We've seen lots of questions about missing uniform options here on the forums. To let you know what we're currently looking into and working towards a resolution on, we wanted to give you some updates. Additionally, please, if you have any other uniform issues that aren't seen below, please post them here so that we can find them easily.

Thanks,

Stormshade

• Wrath of Khan Uniform Missing
    This issue has also been resolved now! If you do not see your Wrath of Khan Uniform in-game, please log out and back in. If it is still missing from the character creator/tailor, please enter a support ticket.

• Collector's Edition TNG/DS9 Uniforms Missing
    This issue has also been resolved now! If you do not see your uniforms in-game, please log out and back in. If it is still missing from the character creator/tailor, please enter a support ticket.

• Skirts missing for TOS and Mirror Universe Sets
    This is a known issue. These will be remedied in game soon.

• Bridge Officers unable to wear special costume sets
    This is a known issue, and will be fixed in game soon.

• Missing DS9 Pants
    DS9 and TNG pants are identical, only the tops change, so please use the TNG pants to complete your DS9 look.

Um, what about Mirror Universe bits?
    I still don't have any of these parts for my female characters.

:confused:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The only uniforms i have extra so far are the Wrath of Khan.
    My DS9 and Next Gen are still not showing up even after relogs.
    Although in fairness NONE of my collector's edition items are showing up yet...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Some of them might be in the CS.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Glad to see a post on this from a Dev. Hopefully all the fixes will be in soon. Was very excited to deck out my BO's in matching uniforms in Wrath of Khan sytle.

Then went over to test out Mirror Universe.

Hope the pants for TWOK get fixed as well. True black and "blood stripes" would be nice. This kind of thing is all in the details.

http://www.st-spike.org/pages/uniforms/2278-2350/uniforms.htm
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The top for women is also missing.

TOS female uniforms have a different top than TOS male uniforms. I'm shocked that more people aren't talking about this aspect.

What a shoddy promotion. I really shouldn't have purchased the game.
    StormShade wrote:
    Hi everyone,

We've seen lots of questions about missing uniform options here on the forums. To let you know what we're currently looking into and working towards a resolution on, we wanted to give you some updates. Additionally, please, if you have any other uniform issues that aren't seen below, please post them here so that we can find them easily.

Thanks,

Stormshade

• Wrath of Khan Uniform Missing
    This issue has also been resolved now! If you do not see your Wrath of Khan Uniform in-game, please log out and back in. If it is still missing from the character creator/tailor, please enter a support ticket.

• Collector's Edition TNG/DS9 Uniforms Missing
    This issue has also been resolved now! If you do not see your uniforms in-game, please log out and back in. If it is still missing from the character creator/tailor, please enter a support ticket.

• Skirts missing for TOS and Mirror Universe Sets
    This is a known issue. These will be remedied in game soon.

• Bridge Officers unable to wear special costume sets
    This is a known issue, and will be fixed in game soon.

• Missing DS9 Pants
    DS9 and TNG pants are identical, only the tops change, so please use the TNG pants to complete your DS9 look.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aisling wrote:
    Now that I think about it, didnt the females have a v-neck? Or is Cryptic afraid of whiners complaining that there is TRIBBLE in the game... nevermind the violence and killing... TRIBBLE are evil. lol

TRIBBLE are the devil's playthings...

literally.

• Options
    edited February 2010
    jscott991 wrote: »

TOS female uniforms have a different top than TOS male uniforms. I'm shocked that more people aren't talking about this aspect.

Now that I think about it, didnt the females have a v-neck? Or is Cryptic afraid of whiners complaining that there is TRIBBLE in the game... nevermind the violence and killing... TRIBBLE are evil. lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    jscott991 wrote: »

Good point. Mostly it's a heirarchy of details. Missing bits are easier to notice than majorly incorrect ones, which are easier to notice than details that people might not remember until they're pointed out.

But yes, females lack proper TOS tops too.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Haruen wrote:

Hope the pants for TWOK get fixed as well. True black and "blood stripes" would be nice. This kind of thing is all in the details.

http://www.st-spike.org/pages/uniforms/2278-2350/uniforms.htm

Yeah, I wanted to throw my support behind this. It was kind of bugging me that my uniform was incorrect. That being said, I think the Bridge Officer uniform bug should have priority.
This discussion has been closed.